Thread: Why Sg will be hottest city in Asia for young high flying family

Default Why Sg will be hottest city in Asia for young high flying family

On plane, visiting student from china city primary 5, not able to answer basic English question "how old are u?"

Many young just married couples in Beijing looking for job in Sg .. Nothing is more Important than ensuring your child is effectively billingual

Pollution in Beijing is terrible, smog at top risk level, civil servants full of corruption, pervasive cases of toxic food, prop price as high as Sg but salary only 25pc of Sg

Hk need no explanation, confirmed future Gotham city with double psf of Sg

By 2030, Sg will be full of talents wanting fresh air, bilingual education, meritocracy

Cm7 buy on dip!!!!
    Ride at your own risk !!!

this i fully agree with you.

just went to ding tai feng at paragon for dinner, even the cashier from china is pregnant and is pretty much due.

when ask why here, her comments were if my children is born here. her husband and her get to stay in singapore even if they dont meet the citeria

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    On plane, visiting student from china city primary 5, not able to answer basic English question "how old are u?"

Many young just married couples in Beijing looking for job in Sg .. Nothing is more Important than ensuring your child is effectively billingual

Pollution in Beijing is terrible, smog at top risk level, civil servants full of corruption, pervasive cases of toxic food, prop price as high as Sg but salary only 25pc of Sg

Hk need no explanation, confirmed future Gotham city with double psf of Sg

By 2030, Sg will be full of talents wanting fresh air, bilingual education, meritocracy

Cm7 buy on dip!!!!
    Many MTB friend whom I spoke to "Ng Kam Hor" the ABSD 7% leh though it seemed that developer claimed that they cut 5%. They very Tu Lan the no. 77. 7% & CM7

Quote Originally Posted by 3C
    Many MTB friend whom I spoke to "Ng Kam Hor" the ABSD 7% leh though it seemed that developer claimed that they cut 5%. They very Tu Lan the no. 77. 7% & CM7
    You see, the 5% discount is in the loan but 7% ABSD upfront. That will knock a lot of cash out of people, if you consider the existing 3% stamp and 20% downpayment.

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    this i fully agree with you.

just went to ding tai feng at paragon for dinner, even the cashier from china is pregnant and is pretty much due.

when ask why here, her comments were if my children is born here. her husband and her get to stay in singapore even if they dont meet the citeria
    Just outta curiousity, when the child is born, what citizenship will the child be?
    Usually if neither parent is SC, the child is unlikely to be SC.
    So I wonder how the child helps the parent stay on here if the parents do not meet the criteria?

Btw, I had a neighbour from Beijing who uprooted his family to live in Singapore for 10 years.
    Then in 2008, the family packed and went back to China, this time they settled in Shanghai as the husband said there is more prospect over there.
    I wonder whether they will ever come back to Singapore again.

high cost of living..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp

Btw, I had a neighbour from Beijing who uprooted his family to live in Singapore for 10 years.
    Then in 2008, the family packed and went back to China, this time they settled in Shanghai as the husband said there is more prospect over there.
    what is the profile of this family? professional type, double income, or what? socially mobile type? angmo good or not?

just came back from Phuket, big expat community there..

pretty good standard of living, however when asked how much good education costs there, the expat family i was out with told me - $36,000 per annum for secondary level education... WTF!! i told him to just consider sending their kid to SG.. pretty much good education with cheaper cost, and potential exposure to mandarin language..

hmm...... not really sure but you can find out in this forum.

just a quick conversation with the cashier while settling the bill, didn't probe much into it.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sut...2a707dfc84cc2a

but it really sad when foreigners leech on local resources,

北京紧急治理大雾:停产103家企业 停驶30%公车

1月份以来第四次侵扰京城的雾霾顽固“盘踞”,28日、29日北京空气质量持续六级严重污染,北京将启动更严格的污染防控应急措施。

is worse than smoking
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by puffer_fish
    hmm...... not really sure but you can find out in this forum.

just a quick conversation with the cashier while settling the bill, didn't probe much into it.

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sut...2a707dfc84cc2a

but it really sad when foreigners leech on local resources,
    the husband is Singaporean. So there is nothing wrong.

Just outta curiousity, when the child is born, what citizenship will the child be?
    So I wonder how the child helps the parent stay on here if the parents do not meet the criteria?

if neither parent is Singapore then child will not automatically get citizen.

yes.. I have a colleague also asking to be transfer back to China...

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    what is the profile of this family? professional type, double income, or what? socially mobile type? angmo good or not?
    Family of 4.
    2 kids 14y and 18y old.
    Husband is sole breadwinner- I think used to work with MNC in Singapore.
    Wife is freelance Chinese tutor.

They stayed here for 10 years and are SPR or SC (not sure).
    Husband should be good in English, wife does not speak English.
    Children are bilingual as they attended main stream school in Singapore.
    Now in Shanghai, the kids are attending International School.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    if neither parent is Singapore then child will not automatically get citizen.
    I think the parent has the choice to choose for their child to be a SC or not. The child can have only 1 citizenship, either SC or the China citizenship, but for the parent, I don't think they can become SC if never meet the criteria, if not, any "Tom and Jerry" will come to S'pore to give birth and get SC so easily.

One day, I met a China woman who work in the massage palour, she told me that she accompanies her daughter to S'pore to study leaving her husband in the hometown.
    Last edited by irisng; 30-01-13 at 07:25.

Family of 4.
    2 kids 14y and 18y old.
    Husband is sole breadwinner- I think used to work with MNC in Singapore.
    Wife is freelance Chinese tutor.

They stayed here for 10 years and are SPR or SC (not sure).
    Husband should be good in English, wife does not speak English.
    Children are bilingual as they attended main stream school in Singapore.
    Now in Shanghai, the kids are attending International School.
    ok, sounds like a pretty mobile profile. this kind of pple will move where the money is. this is the "talent" that we shld be attracting.

but more often than not, the "talents" we see around us are substandard.

ok, sounds like a pretty mobile profile. this kind of pple will move where the money is. this is the "talent" that we shld be attracting.

but more often than not, the "talents" we see around us are substandard.
    For PRCians, the quality of talent coming in, apart from students brought in on scholarships, is substandard when compared to other nationalities. But despite they being substandard they will find it easier to get PR/SC because that is the only way for the govt to maintain its 75% Chinese majority, which it desperately wants to do so , at least while LKY is around.
    The students coming in on scholarships are getting their PRs/SC faster than any other nationality.
    That explains for why we find so many PRC hawkers, real estate agts, etc who have been given PRs easily but not so many in such jobs for other nationalities.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    For PRCians, the quality of talent coming in, apart from students brought in on scholarships, is substandard when compared to other nationalities. But despite they being substandard they will find it easier to get PR/SC because that is the only way for the govt to maintain its 75% Chinese majority, which it desperately wants to do so , at least while LKY is around.
    The students coming in on scholarships are getting their PRs/SC faster than any other nationality.
    That explains for why we find so many PRC hawkers, real estate agts, etc who have been given PRs easily but not so many in such jobs for other nationalities.
    that is so true.
    anyway we are the descendents of the substandard/outcasts also. the royalty and elite of china would never have left china, assuming they were not eliminated during cultural revolution.

that is so true.
    anyway we are the descendents of the substandard/outcasts also. the royalty and elite of china would never have left china, assuming they were not eliminated during cultural revolution.
    Don't talk down the immigrants from China.

My father's family left China to avoid him and his brothers being conscripted into the Red Army during the Cultural Revolution. I wouldn't say there were substandard or outcasts. My grandparents had higher education. My grandmother became the headmistress of one of the schools here in SG. My grandfather was a translator in the civil service.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Don't talk down the immigrants from China.

My father's family left China to avoid him and his brothers being conscripted into the Red Army during the Cultural Revolution. I wouldn't say there were substandard or outcasts. My grandparents had higher education. My grandmother became the headmistress of one of the schools here in SG. My grandfather was a translator in the civil service.
    draft dodgers
    always remember, your loyalty is to yourself and to your family only.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    draft dodgers
    always remember, your loyalty is to yourself and to your family only.
    They did not share in the Communist ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    They did not share in the Communist ideology.
    i am not condemning your ancestors, i am applauding them for running away. they are not sheeple. Loyalty to one's family and oneself foremost.