Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New CDL Condo launch@ Buangkok Mrt (Please continue in new thread Jewel @ Buangkok)

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    I didn't even notice any stone finishing. The laminate flooring in the rooms got my attention. I thought that was really cheapo.
    went to the show room today, the 4 room type layout is really fantastic, only the dinning and living a bit squeezed, finishes are so so as compare to the price

Hi...I like to "speculate" this development.

Is this a better one for speculation, or La Fiesta or The Stratum? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

IMHO Stratum is the best in terms of finishing (marble and timber strip) whereas the other two is homo & laminated but location not as good (3 bus stop from MRT)

Quote Originally Posted by Home Lover
    IMHO Stratum is the best in terms of finishing (marble and timber strip) whereas the other two is homo & laminated but location not as good (3 bus stop from MRT)
    Hi...how about price positioning?

Hi...how about price positioning?
    Stratum should be better value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by eric76
    went to the show room today, the 4 room type layout is really fantastic, only the dinning and living a bit squeezed, finishes are so so as compare to the price
    The 4 room layout quite typical no?

Quote Originally Posted by Home Lover
    Stratum should be better value for money.
    I have to disagree.

Housing is all abt Location, location, location.

Some of the bros here says b4 even when the market crush and hard times comes location is still the key selling point for any housing.

Interior can always be fixed but a good location is hard to come by.

La Fiesta and Jewel cannot be compare with Stratum - sorry if that offends you.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73
    I have to disagree.

Some of the bros here says b4 even when the market crush and hard times comes location is still the key selling point for any housing.

I love to disagree with your statement BUT, I have to AGREE.

Next to MRT and 1km from MRT is a great deal of difference in property prices.

If want to compare, compare apple to apple not apple to pear or lew lian.

Unfair comparison leh.

I have to disagree.

Location is a very subjective and broad matter. Here I assume you try to link distance to mrt with convenience. If only looking at distance to mrt, Stratum is definitely out of the game as it's still 2 bus stops away from Pasir Ris mrt whereas the other two are mins walk to MRT. However, in terms of convenience, would a family relying on mrt as their primary mean of transportation buy a house at LF or Jewel if they work/study at east area? Most probably not. So distance to mrt does not necessarily come with absolute convenience. And Stratum's affordability explain why it sells well so far. My guess is that it appeals v much to those HDB upgraders stay in the east region and those who still want to invest at this uncertain period while try to minimise the downturn risk via buying lower psf development.

For pure discussion purpose, let's just put a bit weight of family leisure life onto the location topic. Stratum as far as I know is 8-10 mins walk to the Pasir Ris Park/seaside and 8-10 mins bus drive to Downtown east. And there is always people who seek for tranquility after everyday work/study. Surroundings of Stratum is not that crowded as compared to Senkang and the future Buangkok. On top of that, a plot ratio of 1.4(need verification) condo is hardly found for development under 1000psf nowadays. So which one is better in terms of location? It's everybody's own call.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung
    Location is a very subjective and broad matter. Here I assume you try to link distance to mrt with convenience. If only looking at distance to mrt, Stratum is definitely out of the game as it's still 2 bus stops away from Pasir Ris mrt whereas the other two are mins walk to MRT. However, in terms of convenience, would a family relying on mrt as their primary mean of transportation buy a house at LF or Jewel if they work/study at east area? Most probably not. So distance to mrt does not necessarily come with absolute convenience. And Stratum's affordability explain why it sells well so far. My guess is that it appeals v much to those HDB upgraders stay in the east region and those who still want to invest at this uncertain period while try to minimise the downturn risk via buying lower psf development.

For pure discussion purpose, let's just put a bit weight of family leisure life onto the location topic. Stratum as far as I know is 8-10 mins walk to the Pasir Ris Park/seaside and 8-10 mins bus drive to Downtown east. And there is always people who seek for tranquility after everyday work/study. Surroundings of Stratum is not that crowded as compared to Senkang and the future Buangkok. On top of that, a plot ratio of 1.4(need verification) condo is hardly found for development under 1000psf nowadays. So which one is better in terms of location? It's everybody's own call.
    You can argue till cow come home and I don't want to explain the term "speculation" but to me Jewel and La Fiesta is total different ball game and selling point from Stratum. And when ppl say "Stratrum is better value" I have to state facts and disagree.

If u are talking abt personal preference - there is really nothing to argue abt.

But for sure Stratrum is not meant for "SPECULATION".

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonlaw
    I love to disagree with your statement BUT, I have to AGREE.

Next to MRT and 1km from MRT is a great deal of difference in property prices.

If want to compare, compare apple to apple not apple to pear or lew lian.

Unfair comparison leh.
    For investment better buy condo with good location. At least got people willing to rent. All the finishings can easily be rectified with minor reno. If buy for own stay, depend on personal preference. If whole family got car, of course no need to be near MRT.

You can argue till cow come home and I don't want to explain the term "speculation" but to me Jewel and La Fiesta is total different ball game and selling point from Stratum. And when ppl say "Stratrum is better value" I have to state facts and disagree.

If u are talking abt personal preference - there is really nothing to argue abt.

But for sure Stratrum is not meant for "SPECULATION".
    Just for discussion purpose (not arguing), in property term, value is always gauged in consideration of the yield/capital appreciation that it can generate otherwise it could not be justified in such a materialist society. A bit research will tell us: A 3-bedder with size of 1195 sqt at The Quartz is asking at 4000 per month. A 3-bedder with size of 1216 sqt at the Oasis @ Elias is asking at 3900 per month. The TOP is one year difference. Wait, you can work out the rental yield based on the following info. Let's first look at capital appreciation: The median psf for the later is 694-->981 from launch to Apr's resale, which works out an appreciation of 41%. The quartz's median psf change over the same cycle: 765-->1126 which works out an appreciation of 47%. But given the quantum, which one is overall better in terms of value/price proposition? And history repeats itself, but still only time can tell. Just for consideration, Stratum sells at 850 average while Jewel is scheduled to launch at 1150. The price gap has deepened over the years if you care to observe. But is the current rental yield and capital appreciation of the above example justify the steeper gap? I personally trust in Maths more than speculations in the air.
    Last edited by LiveYoung; 29-05-13 at 19:19.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveYoung
    Just for discussion purpose (not arguing), in property term, value is always gauged in consideration of the yield/capital appreciation that it can generate otherwise it could not be justified in such a materialist society. A bit research will tell us: A 3-bedder with size of 1195 sqt at The Quartz is asking at 4000 per month. A 3-bedder with size of 1216 sqt at the Oasis @ Elias is asking at 3900 per month. The TOP is one year difference. Wait, you can work out the rental yield based on the following info. Let's first look at capital appreciation: The median psf for the later is 694-->981 from launch to Apr's resale, which works out an appreciation of 41%. The quartz's median psf change over the same cycle: 765-->1126 which works out an appreciation of 47%. But given the quantum, which one is overall better in terms of value/price proposition? And history repeats itself, but still only time can tell. Just for consideration, Stratum sells at 850 average while Jewel is scheduled to launch at 1150. The price gap has deepened over the years if you care to observe. But is the current rental yield and capital appreciation of the above example justify the steeper gap? I personally trust in Maths more than speculations in the air.
    Like some of our bro says now is the good times, it's not forever.

When it comes to hard times (where there are more houses then human renting)

1) If Quartz and Oasis and Orchard road condo all offer 2k rental - who do u think will win?

2) When comes to selling house - Quartz and Oasis - who do u think will fetch higher price too?

Yes, u buy cheap but doesn't meant the appreciation value is there.

What seems equal now can be very different during hard times.

It's just my 2 cents worth.

Frankly, if for home stay - look @ hillview thread that place is peaceful too and much nearer to town and there is potential there.

Pasir Ris area had so many condo and it's so developed - for investment?

hmm...but that's all from me i won't discuss this anymore

Like some of our bro says now is the good times, it's not forever.

When it comes to hard times (where there are more houses then human renting)

1) If Quartz and Oasis and Orchard road condo all offer 2k rental - who do u think will win?

2) When comes to selling house - Quartz and Oasis - who do u think will fetch higher price too?

Yes, u buy cheap but doesn't meant the appreciation value is there.

What seems equal now can be very different during hard times.

It's just my 2 cents worth.

Frankly, if for home stay - look @ hillview thread that place is peaceful too and much nearer to town and there is potential there.

Pasir Ris area had so many condo and it's so developed - for investment?

hmm...but that's all from me i won't discuss this anymore

Hi...I do not think Hillview has any more upside. The place has too many developments.

....you have stopped wishing for a crash?....hmmm perhaps hoping to re-strategize .....crash selectively..

tomorrow VVIP preview. Any bro mind to share a fair price range to hoot for a 1 BR?

Their indicative price for 1 br is minimum 618k . And tat is nett after discount. . CDL is quite fixed in their pricing. Hopefully there is miracle tomorrow. Coz 1334 psf is quite ex...

Maybe got great Singapore sale promotion tomorrow? Buy 1 get 1 free.

Quote Originally Posted by viceroy
    Their indicative price for 1 br is minimum 618k . And tat is nett after discount. . CDL is quite fixed in their pricing. Hopefully there is miracle tomorrow. Coz 1334 psf is quite ex...
    Not expensive, parc rosewood 1 br already $1300psf!

Then next new EC will have a reason to sell at $1000psf liao.

Quote Originally Posted by viceroy
    La fiesta 1 bedder went for 620k based on caveat in apr, think CDL would probably be more confident of their brand.

I will be joining in the ballot at 12pm later. Hope to get the number early and hoot my desire unit.

Bo Bian....exp also need to hoot...hoot 1st....think later.

I will be joining in the ballot at 12pm later. Hope to get the number early and hoot my desire unit.

Good luck! Keep us posted

Waiting for your live reporting! Hope you hootz your choice unit!

Live Update: high floor psf around 1110+....

Gotten the number and I am choosing the units now.

Price lower than expected.

bro, this is for 1 BR?

Quote Originally Posted by chivano
    bro, this is for 1 BR?
    3 Bed Room premium

Great, gong xi gong xi!

Hi...may I know what is the cheapest.

Good luck! my relative got his pes unit for 1029psf.