Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: see alot of netizens very angry with govt ..but who can be better ?

Default see alot of netizens very angry with govt ..but who can be better ?

i must say our PM Lee H L is indeed doing his best for singapore's future..
    alot of decisions & ideas had been discussed internally and i guess this route which pm lee build upon for us is the right one.. some will suffer and some will gain..

so, our PM lee isn't a bad guy lah just that he is doing his job to keep singapore in better shape for the future... (i just sense it isn't an easy job when other neighbor countries grow in 10-20 years time) ... future sg govt will have a tough time..
    Last edited by roly8; 07-02-13 at 08:52.
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    alot of decisions & ideas had been discussed internally and i guess this route which pm lee build upon for us is the right one.. some will suffer and some will gain..

so, our PM lee isn't a bad guy lah just that he is doing his job to keep singapore in better shape for the future... (i just sense it isn't an easy job when other neighbor countries grow in 10-20 years time) ... future sg govt will have a tough time..
    do u think he can survive 2016 ?

Quote Originally Posted by roly8

Well Singapore is like a kid in the teens. notthing the parent says are right. Only things they hear from their friends are correct. I guess if things F up. We just have to learn from the hard knocks

Anyway I feel the current administration at least have the balls to address this. They could have kick the can down the road and take the popular vote like what the opposition is doing. Just give the people wat the want and F it. not their problem anyway after 20yrs.

Let's not forget we are here today not by mistake or sheer luck but hard work and planning.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy

hopefully not.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Well Singapore is like a kid in the teens. notthing the parent says are right. Only things they hear from their friends are correct. I guess if things F up. We just have to learn from the hard knocks

Anyway I feel the current administration at least have the balls to address this. They could have kick the can down the road and take the popular vote like what the opposition is doing. Just give the people wat the want and F it. not their problem anyway after 20yrs.

Let's not forget we are here today not by mistake or sheer luck but hard work and planning.
    is the relationship between the govt and citizens that of parent and kid?
    to think so belies a fundamental error in thinking and a lack of understanding of democracy.

Alexander Fraser Tytler:

Why democracies fail

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."
    Seems relevant in Singapore context. PAP in tough position now. Opposition promise this promise that.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Alexander Fraser Tytler:

Why democracies fail

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

Seems relevant in Singapore context. PAP in tough position now. Opposition promise this promise that.
    this is so true..
    different people different strokes..
    to me democracy is not as important as the country's future... i still belive that sometimes we need to make a hard decision

Quote Originally Posted by august
    hopefully not.
    why not ah?

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    According to chinese astrology, his dragon luck should improve from 2013 onwards.
    http://www.wayonnet.com/2013/dragon.asp

Singapore plans rare protest as population debate rages

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-p...5--sector.html

I find all these people lack of hindsight and foresight...
    just complain and complain...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

its just stirring up emotions. Some want to see singapore fail. some want to see leading party fail. some want to see crash so can benefit.

question is wat do this generation of singaporean want for the next?

my take many simply don't care. only care what they feel will have benefit for them right here right now. Future ? thats other people tai ji.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    why not ah?
    he shld step down as he has proven to have no new ideas and a poor leader. No solutions never mind, but make problems worse.

planning a protest is lacking of hindsight or foresight? BTW we are living in a democratic country and people have the right to protest. Protest is not a form of complaining.

i think you are the one who is not thinking clearly. 6.9 mil in this tiny island. Maybe you are so vested in the property market that you are blinded.

I personally believe Singapore is now doomed.
    Hardworking generation is gone and now is the generation who will spoil everything so they can have cheap housing and can raid the reserves.
    I am avoiding any more exposure to Singapore.

very good question.

some naive ppl think LTK can do the job. when tat happen is time to be a FT elsewhere

I suppose most of netizens are gen Y and X.
    This big group of people have been so well taken care by the Govt, and sad to say, not appreciative.

They shall see what happen to the same group of people in China, HK, Taiwan, India, Europe, US, any part of the world and compare.

Our Govt has done exceptionally well especially when the country has nothing in natural resources.

As far as the population policy is concerned, the only wish is they be more selective and take in the right people.

i really don see a problem if govt want to build everything based on 6.9m. at least we are sure we are infrastructure ready by 2030. whether or not the population hit tat number is still a question mark. if it hit, we are ready. if it did not we are more than ready

This big group of people have been so well taken care by the Govt, and sad to say, not appreciative.

They shall see what happen to the same group of people in China, HK, Taiwan, India, Europe, US, any part of the world and compare.

Our Govt has done exceptionally well especially when the country has nothing in natural resources.

As far as the population policy is concerned, the only wish is they be more selective and take in the right people.

agree. now that we are more attractive we can choose the people we want.

Quote Originally Posted by ay123
    i really don see a problem if govt want to build everything based on 6.9m. at least we are sure we are infrastructure ready by 2030. whether or not the population hit tat number is still a question mark. if it hit, we are ready. if it did not we are more than ready

actually I feel its a good plan. At least during the process of building we also create jobs for the next 20 yrs.

but does anyone here feel there seems many later Baby Boomer are following the cult?

Default I Do Not Trust Data From Any Government

I Do Not Trust Data From Any Government

“I don’t trust the data from any government, including the U.S. for goodness sake. We know governments lie to us all the time...but we know they are all lying. I don’t know whether China is growing at 3 percent or 33 percent but I do know they are booming. I know there is a lot of good stuff going on in China and a lot of good stuff going on throughout Asia.” - Jim Rogers

Is good stuff happening in SG?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    agree. now that we are more attractive we can choose the people we want.
    I was talking to some China friends on some major issues about China :
    1. popullation in air, river, water
    2. food safety
    3. transport problems
    4. physical safety, especially the young children

The consequences of these, the rich will find a place be a second home outside China or even HK.

Also, where is the best place you can think off? Sg? HK? Canada? Australia? US? Europe?

All these riches still have their businesses running in China, they cannot be too far away from China.

I got some really stupid colleagues and friends telling me HDB so ex. 1 million, how to buy. I really find them really f*cking dumb and I talked to them lesser after that. You talk too much with such idiots, you will become stupid also.

A 4 bedroom HDB costs only 250k. We have so many brainless people around, I think Singapore will not survive 4th gen. Better take my money and go somewhere else. Singapore can become Vietnam in 10 years time if some fools take over the Government.

I was talking to some China friends on some major issues about China :
    1. popullation in air, river, water
    2. food safety
    3. transport problems
    4. physical safety, especially the young children

The consequences of these, the rich will find a place be a second home outside China or even HK.

Also, where is the best place you can think off? Sg? HK? Canada? Australia? US? Europe?

All these riches still have their businesses running in China, they cannot be too far away from China.
    why look so far, look at what the rich in malaysia and indonesia are doing?
    they buy properties in singapore, but they still stay in their home countries.

I am moving my funds slowly out also. Just in case. Planning to get a PR in Japan or New Zealand. I am a Gen Y btw but I can see many of my Gen Y friends saying that many people deserve a car and HDB should be priced at 50k. What a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by rockinsg
    I personally believe Singapore is now doomed.
    Hardworking generation is gone and now is the generation who will spoil everything so they can have cheap housing and can raid the reserves.
    I am avoiding any more exposure to Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I got some really stupid colleagues and friends telling me HDB so ex. 1 million, how to buy. I really find them really f*cking dumb and I talked to them lesser after that. You talk too much with such idiots, you will become stupid also.

A 4 bedroom HDB costs only 250k. We have so many brainless people around, I think Singapore will not survive 4th gen. Better take my money and go somewhere else. Singapore can become Vietnam in 10 years time if some fools take over the Government.

all only read the news head lines or sensationalized emails or blogs. All miss out the actual picture. 1M wah..... all scream. seel 6.9M wahh all scream. fear then brew more fear. and some parties strive on these thus stir up emotions.

Lets throw the baby out with the bath water too!! economy? its a conspiracy too...

frankly it take guts n a steady mind to see through all the noise and focus on the real things. people are all just carried away.

like the protest.. I think some feel its hip! other country have we must too! yeah...

Question

One can quote whatever definition of democracy is. At the end of the day, who take the blame for the issues highlighted if this is not addressed. The one tat suffers will be the very one who kpkb and vote the alternative voice in. As i said, i am damn lucky to have vested overseas as wat the miw has always warned, if things turn out bad, the capable will leave sg. Tat is so true.

it is not lacking foresight, they are just suffering from a disease, they are sick of the pap

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    I am moving my funds slowly out also. Just in case. Planning to get a PR in Japan or New Zealand. I am a Gen Y btw but I can see many of my Gen Y friends saying that many people deserve a car and HDB should be priced at 50k. What a joke...

welcome to a sheltered nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    it is not lacking foresight, they are just suffering from a disease, they are sick of the pap

its a case of grass is greener on the other side. But ehhhh is it grass ?? cant see clearly leh.... i think end up as just dirt painted green.