Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: In the event Singapore system collapse who would suffer most?

Default In the event Singapore system collapse who would suffer most?

All this bickering online & offline. I would like to ask. Who would suffer most in event of a singapore system collapse. Hearing all the noise and complains and whining going on. All want a change. Some call for de construct. etc.

If we don't plan with foresight and willing to make hard decisions and we screw up. End up like a Greece with mountain of deficit or become as backward as Vietnam. Who do you thing will suffer most in such situation?

My take will be the 60% of the not so well to do Singaporean. Why I feel so. coz in either situation the more economically mobile can move their assets overseas and continue to survive.

Its the not so economically mobile singaporean that will eventually suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    All this bickering online & offline. I would like to ask. Who would suffer most in event of a singapore system collapse. Hearing all the noise and complains and whining going on. All want a change. Some call for de construct. etc.

If we don't plan with foresight and willing to make hard decisions and we screw up. End up like a Greece with mountain of deficit or become as backward as Vietnam. Who do you thing will suffer most in such situation?

My take will be the 60% of the not so well to do Singaporean. Why I feel so. coz in either situation the more economically mobile can move their assets overseas and continue to survive.

in the event the more economically mobile choose to leave, their place here will be replaced by the not so economically mobile.

hence will lead to even faster downfall of singapore!

Quote Originally Posted by august
    in the event the more economically mobile choose to leave, their place here will be replaced by the not so economically mobile.

this kind of thing need to ask in this forum? isnt it obvious that always the poor and the middle class who suffer in any crisis.

more importantly, you can ask your MP.
    1) whether you can withdraw your CPF in singapore embassies overseas if SHTF in singapore and you are overseas.
    2) who has control of GIC, Temasek, CPF if PAP form a government-in-exile for example.

my thinking is if SHTF in singapore, like invaded or lose election for example, PAP will drop all pretence and will assume direct control of the said funds and it will not be the opposition government nor the president who will have control.

please vote for PAP so the music can go on longer.

Quote Originally Posted by vboy
    hence will lead to even faster downfall of singapore!
    downfall for who? one man's meat is another's poison, hence the french revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    this kind of thing need to ask in this forum? isnt it obvious that always the poor and the middle class who suffer in any crisis.

more importantly, you can ask your MP.
    1) whether you can withdraw your CPF in singapore embassies overseas if SHTF in singapore and you are overseas.
    2) who has control of GIC, Temasek, CPF if PAP form a government-in-exile for example.

my thinking is if SHTF in singapore, like invaded or lose election for example, PAP will drop all pretence and will assume direct control of the said funds and it will not be the opposition government nor the president who will have control.

please vote for PAP so the music can go on longer.
    You'd prefer kicking the can down the road to the next generation?

I think landlords will suffer most.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    heh heh landlords will move assets to other country 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Depends which type of landlords....

After so many CMs you are still seeing many cash rich buyers... These ppl can afford 40% downpayment.. so I think they are quite resistant to economy downturn.

I think the ones who will suffer most are the middle-class who are heavily on loans... Rich ones are resistant and poor ones probably have nothing much to lose in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro

After so many CMs you are still seeing many cash rich buyers... These ppl can afford 40% downpayment.. so I think they are quite resistant to economy downturn.

I think the ones who will suffer most are the middle-class who are heavily on loans... Rich ones are resistant and poor ones probably have nothing much to lose in the first place.
    poor ones will not be land lord to the land lording issue will be irrelevant. but question will be jobs. as well as if external economy is doing well and we are not would also means elevated inflation. Thus can hurt the poor in that aspect. especially the hand to mouth folks.

poor ones will not be land lord to the land lording issue will be irrelevant. but question will be jobs. as well as if external economy is doing well and we are not would also means elevated inflation. Thus can hurt the poor in that aspect. especially the hand to mouth folks.
    Yeps.. in economy downturn one of the greatest fear is losing jobs.. the poor ones would be worrying about filling their stomachs, while the middle class who have investments would have to worry both their stomachs and mortgages ..

The poor loh, who else. Try to reduce your assets holding in Singapore before 2016 next GE. The ground sentiments point to a strong likelihood that wp will take over the government if they field enough candidates. This is easily done.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro

Yes I agree with you about the type of landlords.
    Those who can remain resilient without tenants won't suffer, those who depend entirely on rental will suffer alot.
    So this CM7 is in a way good to reduce suffering in case of recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    The poor loh, who else. Try to reduce your assets holding in Singapore before 2016 next GE. The ground sentiments point to a strong likelihood that wp will take over the government if they field enough candidates. This is easily done.
    I do not think a strong likelihood. Possible for WP to take down few more GRC and if that happen, 2020 is the year to watch. Stock market will take a big hit first if that happen.

as if you give a shit about whether Singaporeans will suffer. if you do, you would not be supporting ponzi demography. gdp growth led by population increase who doesn't know, even a monkey knows that. do we pay our leaders millions to come up with a ponzi scheme or a brilliant solution that can drive economy without compromising on people's quality of life? has the govt placed focus on drivers of the economy that is less reliant on labor? being paid millions, I would have expected them to go down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    as if you give a shit about whether Singaporeans will suffer. if you do, you would not be supporting ponzi demography. gdp growth led by population increase who doesn't know, even a monkey knows that. do we pay our leaders millions to come up with a ponzi scheme or a brilliant solution that can drive economy without compromising on people's quality of life? has the govt placed focus on drivers of the economy that is less reliant on labor? being paid millions, I would have expected them to go down that path.
    is there any racial breakdown, religion breakdown of the recent immigrants?
    do you see more yellow skin or brown skin than before.
    imo, there is no doubt they dont want minority race to become majority race.

I think u need a X-files... department. so much hate? maybe u had a unloved childhood. must be..

I think a lot are from China n India with the former being more. just a guess but immigration figures are sensitive so I don't think they will reveal much.
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    is there any racial breakdown, religion breakdown of the recent immigrants?
    do you see more yellow skin or brown skin than before.
    imo, there is no doubt they dont want minority race to become majority race.

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    LTK is not stupid. if i'm not wrong, 2016 he will plan his moves well so that even if there is freak result, they will not control parliament. he will not contest every ward, or maybe he will contest in wards he know he will not win. he knows he cannot do as good a job as PAP. we know too.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    LTK is not stupid. if i'm not wrong, 2016 he will plan his moves well so that even if there is freak result, they will not control parliament. he will not contest every ward, or maybe he will contest in wards he know he will not win. he knows he cannot do as good a job as PAP. we know too.
    I agree with you.
    He already said this:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...250489/1/.html
    Mr Low said WP has limited resources and does not want to give Singaporeans false expectations. "We, the Workers' Party, will play our role entrusted by the people to make sure that the government does its work and where the government has shortcomings. We will point it out and where possible, we will assist wherever we can by giving our opinion. But we are not ready to be the next government or alternative government, and we are clear about this and we do not want to give Singaporeans the false expectation of an alternative government."

I think you are the one with a pathetic childhood, spreading the notion of fear n suffering to everyone. get a life and accept the fact that the govt has lost its bearings.
    I think u need a X-files... department. so much hate? maybe u had a unloved childhood. must be..

I think you are the one with a pathetic childhood, spreading the notion of fear n suffering to everyone. get a life and accept the fact that the govt has lost its bearings.

maybe u lost ur BEARINGs.... too. 2 of them. Cant handle the hard truth?

I think you like a govt that takes shortcut solutions. the white paper reflects the kind of attitude seen in the young generation, always looking for quick fix solutions.
    maybe u lost ur BEARINGs.... too. 2 of them. Cant handle the hard truth?

well said.
    dun blame him, some well meaning sporeans can be quite myopic.

well said.
    dun blame him, some well meaning sporeans can be quite myopic.

well said? LOL.

well said? LOL.
    Take a look at your own reply at post #17. People can disagree, but u shld not make personal attacks the moment u cannot argue on facts and logic.

Take a look at your own reply at post #17. People can disagree, but u shld not make personal attacks the moment u cannot argue on facts and logic.

It beyond logic n facts when its all blind n deaf. nothing to say will mean any diff.

sometimes it is not about disagreeing with you, but the things you say just makes no cowsense. below is one good example, assets belonging to landlords are properties, you expect them to move their properties out of the country??? I think you make everybody chio gao peng with your comments. please lah, either brush up your English or pump some grey matter into your brain.
    heh heh landlords will move assets to other country 1st.

sometimes it is not about disagreeing with you, but the things you say just makes no cowsense. below is one good example, assets belonging to landlords are properties, you expect them to move their properties out of the country??? I think you make everybody chio gao peng with your comments. please lah, either brush up your English or pump some grey matter into your brain.

use ur brian pls. do I need to connect all the dots for u?

Landlords are investors. they can divest an move on. move the funds to UK and invest there etc.

In this contest my money on minority