Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Property Market Sentiments - According to the ground

Default Property Market Sentiments - According to the ground

DOWNLOAD THE FULL REPORT
    http://www.iproperty.com.sg/useracc/...aign=Insights4

*Report was based on online research polling iProperty visitors from SG, MY, ID and HK.

My interpretation of results: A lot of people trawling the online property sites window shopping, at the same time expecting govt to crash prices enough for them to afford.

Owners also not selling, tha is why price will be stagnant.

It's a stalemate of whether buyer or sellers will outlast each other and wait. Whether buyers will itchy backside cannot tahan and whack or sellers have some cash flow issues and wish to offload now. Overall not very healthy if you ask me - wait for massive investment funds from overseas whom factor in the ABSD into their investment and then you see suddenly another massive uplift of Psf in prices

Actually ABSD 15% already biting CCR. Dropped 3% in Jan 2012. So CCR is going to be screwed as long as 15% is in force.

Hi..will the recent white paper on population growth would actually spur and motivates the property market, or at least cushioning off the correction?

There will be a drop in population growth under this white paper. So I don't see how it will motivates the market. The Government has to be careful not to crash the market during a crisis. That affects 90% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi..will the recent white paper on population growth would actually spur and motivates the property market, or at least cushioning off the correction?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    There will be a drop in population growth under this white paper. So I don't see how it will motivates the market. The Government has to be careful not to crash the market during a crisis. That affects 90% of the population.
    There won't be drop as the white paper indicates we are recieving 6.9 milion of foreign talents to this vibrant island.

Actually ABSD 15% already biting CCR. Dropped 3% in Jan 2012. So CCR is going to be screwed as long as 15% is in force.
    OCR will continue chiong and overtake CCR in terms of psf? Gap continue to narrow?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    OCR will continue chiong and overtake CCR in terms of psf? Gap continue to narrow?
    I think whether CCR will dip depends materially on holding power of developers for new developments also - I went to Cityscape over the weekend and asked whether got discounts post cooling measure they say no ... Say developer got holding power can wait ... So I walked off. Sigh

According to the govt and its white paper, when a crisis happens the foreigner buffer will be the first to take the hit, hence implying local population will be lesser hit or shielded. You should have more confidence in the PAP govt and its logic.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    According to the govt and its white paper, when a crisis happens the foreigner buffer will be the first to take the hit, hence implying local population will be lesser hit or shielded. You should have more confidence in the PAP govt and its logic.
    what do you mean by lesser hit or shielded?
    more foreigners lose job as compared to locals?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    thats what the PAP ministers and MPs say. You dun believe?

It's all airy fairy lesser ... No clear definitions or guidelines whatsoever ... Fend for yourself man no handouts expected

Isn't this what many are hoping (since OCR owners make up majority)?
    However, hope is hope. Is that even realistic and practical? It is like expecting Nissan Sunny or Toyota Corolla to be priced same as Lexus or BMW or Mercedes?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123

Yes, this is true. The foreigners get sent back first.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    I think whether CCR will dip depends materially on holding power of developers for new developments also - I went to Cityscape over the weekend and asked whether got discounts post cooling measure they say no ... Say developer got holding power can wait ... So I walked off. Sigh
    Cityscape is RCR, anyway, I think their pricing is considered quite competitive, considering it is freehold and city fringe.

Nope. There is a drop from the previous 5 years. So Singaporeans don't expect that much foreigners to rent your house. But whether that translate into price drop or not, that remains to be seen. Maybe 10% drop is realistic for now. CCR already went down 3% last month.

There won't be drop as the white paper indicates we are recieving 6.9 milion of foreign talents to this vibrant island.

I guess u are one of those who donno how to read English. Only know how to look at no. See 6.9 all jump.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    I guess u are one of those who donno how to read English. Only know how to look at no. See 6.9 all jump.
    I think he just like to stir la

To me the white paper show me how much displeasure with the present government on the ground. This is really worrying.. I believe the 6.9 million white paper is needed for our country to continue to growth or else why PAP will want to risk their future with this white paper.

The next three years is critical for PAP now. If they screwed up again with the population or any of the privatized government company screwed up big time like SMRT, then don't be surprised to see opp. taking down another 1 or 2 GRC. WP perform rather well in this white paper discussion. They are very careful in their speech rather than PAP having to come out with a few apologies due to wrong words spoken out...

WP white paper is a joke. We will have high inflation and high unemployment. SME can close shop already and we will enter a recession.

From an economy point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    To me the white paper show me how much displeasure with the present government on the ground. This is really worrying.. I believe the 6.9 million white paper is needed for our country to continue to growth or else why PAP will want to risk their future with this white paper.

The next three years is critical for PAP now. If they screwed up again with the population or any of the privatized government company screwed up big time like SMRT, then don't be surprised to see opp. taking down another 1 or 2 GRC. WP perform rather well in this white paper discussion. They are very careful in their speech rather than PAP having to come out with a few apologies due to wrong words spoken out...

I started this thread for purpose of discussion PROPERTY market sentiments... turned into population WP discussion again. Since it's so, let me share my .02 view.

I support the White Paper for the following selfish reasons:

- landlord myself (thus welcome more skilled foreigners)
    - don't have offsprings to take care of
    - i want my assets to grow, which is not possible in a closed/stagnant economy

The general non-investor public should *ALSO* support the WP (White Paper, not Worker's Party) for the following reasons:

- they and their offsprings cannot grow in their career working for limited number of SMEs; foreigners along with their MNCs which contribute to jobs and value creation should be welcomed

- they have offsprings to plan for, even more so they want to leave them a vibrant and growing economy and good business environment and job opportunities instead of a stagnant one with little upside (look at how China did after their doors opened) where people just musical chairs the jobs created locally by SME

- they want their assets to grow, which is not possible in a closed/stagnant economy

So why on earth would anyone other then non-contributing locals without any asset to their name vote against the WP?

And how much contribution to this economy do you reckon such a demographic can provide?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I started this thread for purpose of discussion PROPERTY market sentiments... turned into population WP discussion again. Since it's so, let me share my .02 view.

The general non-investor public should *ALSO* support the WP (White Paper, not Worker's Party) for the following reasons:

- they and their offsprings cannot grow in their career working for limited number of SMEs; foreigners along with their MNCs which contribute to jobs and value creation should be welcomed

- they have offsprings to plan for, even more so they want to leave them a vibrant and growing economy and good business environment and job opportunities instead of a stagnant one with little upside (look at how China did after their doors opened) where people just musical chairs the jobs created locally by SME

- they want their assets to grow, which is not possible in a closed/stagnant economy

So why on earth would anyone other then non-contributing locals without any asset to their name vote against the WP?

And how much contribution to this economy do you reckon such a demographic can provide?
    Maybe I am not understanding something here and if I am please correct me . What worker party is advocating is not zero FT but to maintain a sustainable proportion of FTs in the Singapore economy instead. I think everyone is on the same page on the value that some FTs bring to or economy. But that immigration should slow just a tad to allow infrastructure and residential amenities to catch up. You have a vested interest to maintain current super high prices as you have multiple assets. Nothin wrong with that. But no other entry level citizen or PR might be able to afford private properties if the trend continues further. Is this a good thing to price out fellow own Singaporeans? I am not really sure

We need foreigners in our economy. This is e hard truth. The govt mistake was 10-20 years ago when there is insufficient bonus for couples to have children.

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    Maybe I am not understanding something here and if I am please correct me . What worker party is advocating is not zero FT but to maintain a sustainable proportion of FTs in the Singapore economy instead. I think everyone is on the same page on the value that some FTs bring to or economy. But that immigration should slow just a tad to allow infrastructure and residential amenities to catch up. You have a vested interest to maintain current super high prices as you have multiple assets. Nothin wrong with that. But no other entry level citizen or PR might be able to afford private properties if the trend continues further. Is this a good thing to price out fellow own Singaporeans? I am not really sure
    In a meritocratic society, the govt don't typically slow down the WHOLE economy just to allow some to play catch up. 80/20 rule applies here. 80% are home owners. The answer is pretty simple, the way I see it.

I'm also only addressing the govt WP and the general public reaction, not referring at all to the opp's.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    We need foreigners in our economy. This is e hard truth. The govt mistake was 10-20 years ago when there is insufficient bonus for couples to have children.
    We need to track back to history and understand where we came from and who we are really.

WE WERE FOREIGNERS. To begin with.

Our ancestors all came from other countries like China, India, Indonesia etc. What is happening today is the same as what always have been. In short, nothing's changed.

Naturally now that we lay claim to this land, and our seeds are sown here, we will want to protect what we sow. However, let us not forget how we got to where we are today. A 30% increase in population may seem to be much, but if it is quality and skilled FT with high economic and social value, we should support. They can only be good for us all. Even on the job competition front, it will serve to push us locals to upgrade and remain competitive instead of sitting on our laurels.

We have to think smart and act accordingly. I never enjoyed any form of housing subsidy from the government nor handouts and personally am only average in aptitude and far from any remote change of high flyer. If I can do it, anybody can. So start acting, read alot, research a lot, form your own strategy and stop whining.

+10 like.

But after a few years I would support a worker party welfare state system ;D taxation of 20% to 95% cause my work income will be close to zero. No more taxation for me and still can enjoy all the welfare all the hardworking people will feed us, the non working people.

We need to track back to history and understand where we came from and who we are really.

WE WERE FOREIGNERS. To begin with.

Our ancestors all came from other countries like China, India, Indonesia etc. What is happening today is the same as what always have been. In short, nothing's changed.
    i would correct your erroneous history.
    Spore was a british colony, the immigrants who arrived back then did not come to a sovereign nation. Along the way nationhood arrived and these immigrants become citizens and helped build up spore to where it is today.

Get this fact right.

today's immigrants is entirely different and everything has changed. First of all it is questionable the kind of contribution they are bringing, secondly the ease in which they obtain their PR or citizenship cheapens our nationhood and dilute our Spore core.

You must be kidding me. Most of us and my friends' grandfather are either from China, HK or Malaysia. I am 30 years old. I don't see how different my grandfather were with now. We have more foreigners than before because we have a vibrant economy. Maybe when we are like Somalia, then we have no foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    i would correct your erroneous history.
    Spore was a british colony, the immigrants who arrived back then did not come to a sovereign nation. Along the way nationhood arrived and these immigrants become citizens and helped build up spore to where it is today.

Get this fact right.

today's immigrants is entirely different and everything has changed. First of all it is questionable the kind of contribution they are bringing, secondly the ease in which they obtain their PR or citizenship cheapens our nationhood and dilute our Spore core.