Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Landed Property - Going Forward (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspaine
    No la ....
    USD10mio is just to build the house .... NO FURNISHINGS YET !
    cost lots of money to dig up a batcave leh

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    dun be so mean lah... honest mistake ... let's move on ... u know GCB is a diff class of pty
    Was it an honest mistake or did he deliberately withhold information to try to prove his point. Who is being selective now? What is his real underlying motive? That is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Some people are not only 'weird' but also blind because they can't even view and understand their own research (if you can call it research) properly :

16 Joan Rd 28 Aug 09 $13.3m 27,125sf $490psf
    26 Olive Rd 22 Sep 09 $24.9m 45,273sf $550psf
    23 Olive Rd 7 Oct 09 $ 9.5m 17,029sf $558psf
    Bottom fishing and splitting land for redevelopment is not exactly a average joe's game, not to mention the ability to buy at the bottom of property cycle and SELL

If you look at the chart, those who have bought at the peak in 1997, would have still lose money if they sell in 2009. And if you look at where the prices of landed property now, you should know how fast this could drop when interest rate goes up.

When the tide is up, everything looks great and calm, when it goes down, we will know who is swimming naked.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Bottom fishing and splitting land for redevelopment is not exactly a average joe's game, not to mention the ability to buy at the bottom of property cycle and SELL

If you look at the chart, those who have bought at the peak in 1997, would have still lose money if they sell in 2009. And if you look at where the prices of landed property now, you should know how fast this could drop when interest rate goes up.

When the tide is up, everything looks great and calm, when it goes down, we will know who is swimming naked.

Alamak, here we go again. Smokescreens to cover up his inept research.
    We are not talking about 1997.

1. I have proven that the 28A Olive Rd transaction has made very good returns for the buyer

2. You next question the $450psf transaction in 2009 as 'weird'.

3. I bring up 3 later transactions in that area to prove that the price is not weird.

4. Chart come out again and talk about 1997.....

Hdb they cannot stay, landed they cannot buy. The condo space just got more congested.

No point using GCB prices as a comparison for landed property because we all know that many of these landed property are purchase by developers during the mist of financial crisis and then split the land to sell for profit.

So please stop comparing those average joe landed property to those in GCB class. When its Toyota coupe, just compare it with Toyota or Honda, no point comparing it with a Aventador or 458.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

They way some landed owner here talking about landed prices are like people selling unit trust. They will always tell you how well it has been performing in the last 3 years, 4 years or 5 years, whichever period that give your the best average return.

Always believe this, what goes up will come down. The talk about limited supply was the same song that was sang prior to 1997, and this will not be the last time you are hearing it.

No point using GCB prices as a comparison for landed property because we all know that many of these landed property are purchase by developers during the mist of financial crisis and then split the land to sell for profit.

So please stop comparing those average joe landed property to those in GCB class. When its Toyota coupe, just compare it with Toyota or Honda, no point comparing it with a Aventador or 458.
    errr...who was the one who first brought up the Binjai Park GCB for comparison?

Are GCB transactions included in the price index chart which you continually like to flash?

If you can say that they will fall the hardest when the market crashes, why are you saying that we shouldn't look at it when the market is on the rise?

Very one-sided analysis.

They way some landed owner here talking about landed prices are like people selling unit trust. They will always tell you how well it has been performing in the last 3 years, 4 years or 5 years, whichever period that give your the best average return.

Always believe this, what goes up will come down. The talk about limited supply was the same song that was sang prior to 1997, and this will not be the last time you are hearing it.
    Totally agree, I was the one singing the same song to my developer uncles back in 1994.

WOAHAHEHEHEHHEHEH

Quote Originally Posted by Leo.Cheng
    Totally agree, I was the one singing the same song to my developer uncles back in 1994.

WOAHAHEHEHEHHEHEH
    Yes and now you are staying in a GCB which your dear friend says will fall the hardest if and when the market crashes.

Agreed with you that the joker is a loser and likes to bring out specific cases to talk down landed property prices but ignores the property trend. Very often that joker tries to mislead the forumers by posting wrong and false data to prove his points. When we corrected his mistakes, then he tried to sweep them aside...very stubborn and shallow fellow indeed. He has lost all his creditability and whenever he posts something, we should just treat them as rubbish and ignore them.

Here we are not denying that landed property prices can go up and down, just like the stock prices. But the fact that Singapore has always been rich men's and women's playground from all over the world (especially in the last few years). What do these rich people do when they come to Singapore? Property hunting is their most favourite game that they play. Many of them will end up buying landed properties. If there is no restriction for foreigners to buy landed properties, the prices of landed properties should be much more or at least at the same level as condo prices. Just look at Sentosa Island how much landed properties have appreciated even though those are only 99 years leasehold properties.

errr...who was the one who first brought up the Binjai Park GCB for comparison?

Are GCB transactions included in the price index chart which you continually like to flash?

If you can say that they will fall the hardest when the market crashes, why are you saying that we shouldn't look at it when the market is on the rise?

Very one-sided analysis.
    Last edited by MLP; 12-03-13 at 15:23.

Yes. The original land was sub-divided into 3 lots, namely 25 Olive Road, 65 Andrew Road and 71 Andrew Road.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Did they slice up the land into 25, 25A and 25B?

I am still waiting for someone here to show how much their terrace house or semi-D has appreciated without any A&A and rebuilding over the years.

And please, dont do bottom fishing because fish cannot survive in empty vessel.

And always remember this, when you see price running away like you see in the chart, then its about time that you should sell, downgrade to HDB and wait for the next cycle.

Landed price will be the first to fall when interest rate rises.

Another rubbish posting that should be ignored!

I am still waiting for someone here to show how much their terrace house or semi-D has appreciated without any A&A and rebuilding over the years.

And please, dont do bottom fishing because fish cannot survive in empty vessel.

And always remember this, when you see price running away like you see in the chart, then its about time that you should sell, downgrade to HDB and wait for the next cycle.

Landed price will be the first to fall when interest rate rises.

If I have posted this back in 1997, everyone like MLP will say its rubbish because landed is limited.....

Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....Why are you so fond of 1997 and especially the chart that you have shown endless time? Aren't you feel bored and tired of the chart by now? Please move on with your life and be happy by buying a landed property.

In fact, a lot of people here are waiting to buy another landed properties when there are signs of price dropping. Just like you, we are very disappointed that the prices of landed properties have gone up instead...

If I have posted this back in 1997, everyone like MLP will say its rubbish because landed is limited.....

Some people are just in denial :

132 Ocean Drive terrace house - bought brand new in Sep 06 for $1072psf, sold in Jul 07 for $1,741psf. No A&A or rebuilt - annualised profit = 88.6%

14 Paradise Island detached- bought in Nov 09 for $1406psf, sold in Mar 2010 for 2390psf. Annualised profit = 328.9%

There's a whole boatload of examples if you wish.

Alamak, here we go again. Smokescreens to cover up his inept research.
    We are not talking about 1997......
    Reminds me of TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B..

I have no idea why people here always like to use luxury landed segment to compare. Perhaps that explain why people are saying that landed property are driven by GCB. aka small monkey see what big monkey do.

luckily condo investors doesnt follow that trend and good to see the prices of luxury apartment cooling as well.

Like I said, better watch out for market correction in landed. One day you when shit hits the fan, I am sure those who say I am talking rubbish with disappear for this forum.

See it believing. Nothing climb forever its just an illusion

Landed is luxury when you don't have tp compete with neighbours for parking space outsise the house on a narrow road. Those just don't make the cut for the term luxury.

Haha, Ringo.....Ringo..... No point for you to post the chart and talk about 1997 rubbish again and again. Nobody here will want to read your rubbish anymore.

If I were you, I would disappear with your infamous user ID and start afresh with a new ID. Hopefully you will talk more sense with a new ID.

I have no idea why people here always like to use luxury landed segment to compare. Perhaps that explain why people are saying that landed property are driven by GCB. aka small monkey see what big monkey do.

luckily condo investors doesnt follow that trend and good to see the prices of luxury apartment cooling as well.

Like I said, better watch out for market correction in landed. One day you when shit hits the fan, I am sure those who say I am talking rubbish with disappear for this forum.

By some people here, you refering to this person is it?

another myth which you will often hear in this forum is exaggerating the profit of landed property. Take this case for example.

68 BINJAI PARK 13-Nov-09 $15,850,000
    68 BINJAI PARK 27-Mar-12 $31,000,000.

Landed property owner will tell you that this owner made 16-17m profit in 5 years etc on the 20,000sqft GCB.

What they will not tell you is how much money has been spend to redo the entire estate.

http://www.greenmark.sg/property-detail.php?id=432

Quote Originally Posted by MLP
    Haha, Ringo.....Ringo..... No point for you to post the chart and talk about 1997 rubbish again and again. Nobody here will want to read your rubbish anymore.

If I were you, I would disappear with your infamous user ID and start afresh with a new ID. Hopefully you will talk more sense with a new ID.
    he makes as much sense as his arguments that the 3rd IR will be in jurong

In fact, a lot of people here are waiting to buy another landed properties when there are signs of price dropping. Just like you, we are very disappointed that the prices of landed properties have gone up instead... [/QUOTE]

Ah hem.... I am one of those la ...
    Sigh ... CM7 has made the process a whole lot more difficult for me to swap ...
    Caught me with my pants down ...

In fact, a lot of people here are waiting to buy another landed properties when there are signs of price dropping. Just like you, we are very disappointed that the prices of landed properties have gone up instead...

Ah hem.... I am one of those la ...
    Sigh ... CM7 has made the process a whole lot more difficult for me to swap ...
    Caught me with my pants down ...
    My friend and I are also hoping for the prices of landed to drop, so that we can acquire another freehold landed.
    Meanwhile there's nothing much we can do, except to build up a war chest and wait.

This is exactly what I told Ringo. Most landed property owners are waiting for the right opportunity and the right price to buy another landed property. In other words there are certain support level for landed properties especially freehold ones. If every landed property owners think like this, then Ringo will be very disappointed because he is hoping landed property prices to crash and beg him to buy our landed property. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by moneytalk
    My friend and I are also hoping for the prices of landed to drop, so that we can acquire another freehold landed.
    Meanwhile there's nothing much we can do, except to build up a war chest and wait.

over leveraged landed property owner better watch out, the era of cheap loan is coming to an end soon. When the music stop, all hell will break lose, seller will flood the market looking for buyers and white knights, while genuine home buyers will disappear and vultures will appear

In the forum, it is easy to talk about I want to buy this and that etc, when shit hits the fans, everyone will say wait wait wait etc. Action speaks louder than word.

If you have no holding power, better downgrade now. dont listen to the 50 years old story about FH landed supply is limited etc because at the current price, no one can justify living in one unless you own a FULLY PAID UP landed, or you belongs to the RICHIE RICH CLUB. For investment, there not much more upside dude to ABSD, LTV and RISING interest rate.

If you mati mati want to cling on to landed for the next generation, make sure you keep those which people will die to live in, not something that is located in the middle of some very narrow and congested road with no carpark.

If you dont believe, just look at GOLD, supply is limited, world population is increasing, every country is buying gold to hedge against inflation. but look at where the gold price is heading now. Why? because it has hit the price ceiling and there are better opportunity out there to make money.

Always remember this buying landed, timing is very important, if you buy now, I double confirm you will regret for the next 15 years.

Many people are laughing at this chart because they are too young to experience the sentiment prior to 1997 and how it turn upside down so quickly.

Want to invest, you must first look into the past to before you can understand the future.

Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....So much sour grapes, so much rubbish. Let's see who has the last laugh....

over leveraged landed property owner better watch out, the era of cheap loan is coming to an end soon. When the music stop, all hell will break lose, seller will flood the market looking for buyers and white knights, while genuine home buyers will disappear and vultures will appear

In the forum, it is easy to talk about I want to buy this and that etc, when shit hits the fans, everyone will say wait wait wait etc. Action speaks louder than word.

If you have no holding power, better downgrade now. dont listen to the 50 years old story about FH landed supply is limited etc because at the current price, no one can justify living in one unless you own a FULLY PAID UP landed, or you belongs to the RICHIE RICH CLUB. For investment, there not much more upside dude to ABSD, LTV and RISING interest rate.

If you mati mati want to cling on to landed for the next generation, make sure you keep those which people will die to live in, not something that is located in the middle of some very narrow and congested road with no carpark.

If you dont believe, just look at GOLD, supply is limited, world population is increasing, every country is buying gold to hedge against inflation. but look at where the gold price is heading now. Why? because it has hit the price ceiling and there are better opportunity out there to make money.

Always remember this buying landed, timing is very important, if you buy now, I double confirm you will regret for the next 15 years.

Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....The same bullshit again and again.....Really hopeless.....Sad state of you.....

Many people are laughing at this chart because they are too young to experience the sentiment prior to 1997 and how it turn upside down so quickly.

Want to invest, you must first look into the past to before you can understand the future.