Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you can only afford OCR projects at this moment and don't mind the CM7

Default If you can only afford OCR projects at this moment and don't mind the CM7

Given the below areas, die die you must vote for one. which area will you choose? be it own stay or investment....

Woodland?
    Choa Chu Kang?
    Sembawang?
    Jurong?
    Yishun?

Quote Originally Posted by charm
    Given the below areas, die die you must vote for one. which area will you choose? be it own stay or investment....

Woodland?
    Choa Chu Kang?
    Sembawang?
    Jurong?
    Yishun?
    I will vote for Yishun, reasons: nearer to golf courses, hospital, Seletar aircraft related industries, coming highway.

Jurong, gov wanna further improve this place.

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    I will vote for Yishun, reasons: nearer to golf courses, hospital, Seletar aircraft related industries, coming highway.
    Many have talked about this under developed town. Actually Yishun is a human jam town..... look at Chong Pang....

Ju-long ...

Many have talked about this under developed town. Actually Yishun is a human jam town..... look at Chong Pang....
    Haha... It's because you did not know there is OCR within OCR. You can walk to Khatib Camp and whole stretch along Yishun Ave 1. Walk until seaside also may not bump into more than a handful of people.

I vote for Woodlands, can access Malaysia for even more sparse housing.

no need, enter into forward contract with me to buy my much-better-located OCR at today's market price + 30% which is something like 1800psf

Ride at your own risk !!!

Woodland?
    Choa Chu Kang?
    Sembawang?
    Jurong?
    Yishun?
    its a no brainer. Jurong Lake District, largest commercial hub outside CBD, best rental yield, plenty of jobs, shopping, entertainment, recreation, but not enough land for housing.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

jurong for me.

jurong for me too!

I live in Jur area for over a decade, and if you don't mind the air quality, then Jurong.
    All sorts of smells in the area, from oil, grease, choco, sewerage from Jur WRP etc. The ordours are intoxicating especially when there is no breeze, or during inversion conditions. Evenings tend to have more smell as the factories will release the fumes/exhausts. If for rental, i would not be concerned.
    Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by myfirstpc
    I live in Jur area for over a decade, and if you don't mind the air quality, then Jurong.
    All sorts of smells in the area, from oil, grease, choco, sewerage from Jur WRP etc. The ordours are intoxicating especially when there is no breeze, or during inversion conditions. Evenings tend to have more smell as the factories will release the fumes/exhausts. If for rental, i would not be concerned.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Lol..... agree with you.
    I stayed in Boon Lay for 2 years...... weird smell.
    But if u hide in the aircon room then it is less obvious.

From the choices, I will still choose Jurong as first choice. I love the hong kar wet market in Jurong West.
    So my choice is 1 . Jurong 2. CCK 3. Woodlands 4. sembawang 5. Yishun.

I dislike Yishun cos of the traffic.

Sorry none of above...me vote pasir ris
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Woodland?
    Choa Chu Kang?
    Sembawang?
    Jurong?
    Yishun?
    sembawang. woodland, yishun are packed. jurong air is bad. choa chu kang is too far flung for an easterner like me

Jurong is good, land prices are high as already factored in the up side. It's like at least 1300 psf and above.

Woodlands is a area that is far from town. If it is not a issue to you, you can consider. Your tenants are likely to be FTs from Malaysia & China.

Choa chu Kang is good, that area has quite a few condos. Supply more than demand?

Yishun is way too underdeveloped. It has lots of potential for new developments just by vacant lland alone. You can have a sim pang town to support the anticipated MRT line to Changi from NS12. Prices are still among the lowest in Singapore.

When you buy low, your exposure is not too big. However, the upside is also limited. I will place a small bet here instead of a big bet elsewhere.

The land in front of Yishun New Town, after Spingleaf area looks ready for development too. Likely to support the new MRT line running along it. Thomson line?

For investment - Jurong

For own stay - NONE

Woodland?
    Choa Chu Kang?
    Sembawang?
    Jurong?
    Yishun?

TS question is about which of the 5 area is better. He didnt ask which OCR in Singapore is better. So I am not sure why some forummers here like to wayang and talk about other area outside the options that was given by the TS.

Not sure if this is due to their ego (my john is bigger) or due to illiteracy.

If you are not familiar with those area, best is to just keep quiet instead of trying to tell us where you live is better.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by chiaseed
    For investment - Jurong

For own stay - NONE
    pple already ask die die must choose one, you say none.

for me, i am vested in yishun, but i will suggest sembawang - good option is the cluster around 8 courtyard/nautical/one canberra/sapphire.

can take a short walk to sembawang park along the park connector. once the shipyard is shifted away, the place will be quite clean and nice. plus the upcoming MRT potential.

jurong is good but the air is real bad. plus price in jurong already factored in JLD effect.
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Choa Chu Kang

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    TS question is about which of the 5 area is better. He didnt ask which OCR in Singapore is better. So I am not sure why some forummers here like to wayang and talk about other area outside the options that was given by the TS.

Not sure if this is due to their ego (my john is bigger) or due to illiteracy.

If you are not familiar with those area, best is to just keep quiet instead of trying to tell us where you live is better.
    aiya this is forum la people want to talk what let them talk la...look at other thread people ask about house can end up talking about car...this is called forum....anything can...otherwise forum no business..
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

i see Jurong has potential. The new hospital , istitute, JLD are taking shape really well.

tenants can come from visitors/relatives of overseas patients of nearby hospital but there is no MM project at Jur East

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    aiya this is forum la people want to talk what let them talk la...look at other thread people ask about house can end up talking about car...this is called forum....anything can...otherwise forum no business..
    ya lah, forum is mostly tcss. sometimes ss till julong.

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    hehehe.. I got the choices to choose...talk Jurong or Pasir Ris also can... !

btw, I also stay at Jurong west for decade so still choose Jurong as 1st choice as my rental yield there has already going up.... .
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Thanks ya for all the input.

Is interesting to read about all your review

....forum pretty quiet lately without all the TOP contributor like chestnut, officeboy.. etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    i see Jurong has potential. The new hospital , istitute, JLD are taking shape really well.

tenants can come from visitors/relatives of overseas patients of nearby hospital but there is no MM project at Jur East
    jurong has potential but has to benchmark against the price, if toking about yield. been watching jurong prices, they have inched up alot compared to pre-JLD days. i can't say what the potential will be until it materialises.

having said that, i do think jurong is good.

I guess you went to Chong Pang at wrong timing.. Chong Pang is a good place for food and daily necessaries. That's why it is always hard to find carpark during weekends' morning.. When CNY comes, it becomes worse.. the local newspaper once recommended this place to shop for CNY stuff for the northern people instead of go ChinaTown.

In weekdays, i don't see many people there.

of course, you will see human jam at the famous 711 for the TOTO and 4D.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    I guess you went to Chong Pang at wrong timing.. Chong Pang is a good place for food and daily necessaries. That's why it is always hard to find carpark during weekends' morning.. When CNY comes, it becomes worse.. the local newspaper once recommended this place to shop for CNY stuff for the northern people instead of go ChinaTown.

In weekdays, i don't see many people there.

of course, you will see human jam at the famous 711 for the TOTO and 4D.
    well sunday morning is the best to see human. good food for breakfast like the white carrot cake, yam cake, chee cheong fun, etc. during CNY, i avoid the ROADS around chong pang. sure jam. but really got CNY spirit if you wanna get a feel of the spirit.

grew up in yishun didnt know it is so crowded now

the only place not crowded is ubin.

Jurong too