Thread: The Octet, 56 units, Lor 24 Geylang

Default The Octet, 56 units, Lor 24 Geylang

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-the-octet

Touted as one of the last few MM plots.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Octet along with Edenz Suite and #1 Loft are along Lorong 24.

when i brought #1 loft unit, i was wondering how Octet will look like...now i see....no regret w my loft.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt

when i brought #1 loft unit, i was wondering how Octet will look like...now i see....no regret w my loft.
    i correct....sld be edenz loft, not edenz suit.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt

is the actual site really along Lor 24 & between Jlk Suka and Jln Molek ??
    scared-1: :scared-1
    hmmm wonder if u guys ever been to Jlk Suka and Jln Molek at night...
    its like transporting me to Thai/India/Vietnam/Sri lanka/China all in one place
    with the oldest trade on earth plying freely illegally everywhere along the road/drain mean for the low grade FT at the price of $26/- all in

why 26? two for sex? or wan to sex?
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by BatDongSan1

is the actual site really along Lor 24 & between Jlk Suka and Jln Molek ??
    scared-1: :scared-1
    hmmm wonder if u guys ever been to Jlk Suka and Jln Molek at night...
    its like transporting me to Thai/India/Vietnam/Sri lanka/China all in one place
    with the oldest trade on earth plying freely illegally everywhere along the road/drain mean for the low grade FT at the price of $26/- all in
    Yes, you really hit it on the head and I can confirm all that you've mentioned.

I live in Jalan Suka and we'll still fighting for a safer and orderly area via the FB page 'Save Jalan Suka - Lorong 24' ...

Hi to all, just an update. Some construction works have begun on the stretch nearest to Jalan Suka which I assume it's not 1 Loft.

By the way, I'm arranging an appointment with the CO of Geylang NPC so as to touch base and allow both sides to understand the situation better as well as getting some 'real updates'.

Will keep you posted, if you are interested.
    Help to propagate this! Everyone deserves a safer home!
    https://www.facebook.com/SaveJalanSuka

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    Hi to all, just an update. Some construction works have begun on the stretch nearest to Jalan Suka which I assume it's not 1 Loft.

By the way, I'm arranging an appointment with the CO of Geylang NPC so as to touch base and allow both sides to understand the situation better as well as getting some 'real updates'.

Will keep you posted, if you are interested.
    You should try to get as many people to come along with you by posting the time and place of the meeting to add pressure to these civil servants to know that you mean business

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008
    You should try to get as many people to come along with you by posting the time and place of the meeting to add pressure to these civil servants to know that you mean business
    Scarly the CO is WP supporters then you suck thumb, cannot threaten him

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008
    As of now, I feel there's no need to get numbers for the meeting. I have a very cordial and open working relationship with this CO who has been very engaging and sincere.

Let's see what transpired; still need to firm up the meeting date first. Hope I'll have good news to share with everybody soon.

I have been recently actively walking over the area of Geylang in the past 2 months. As I am ready to invest a property over there.

I am typically interested in Lorong 24. The reason is because it is really quite centre located of 3 MRT station. Besides that, bus stop are available and just over the overhead bridge, markets and other many things are available.

As some member pointed out that it is really necessary to study and think carefully before investing there.

Currently the development over there are 1 Loft, Eden Loft, The Octet and Residence 1.

Can anyone enlighten if the whole stretch of odd number houses in Lor 24 have been en-bloc? To what I study, 1 loft is right next to Eden Loft. After the small passage way, The Octet is where it situated. Residence 1 have no detail yet.

So far I have observed;
    -Almost all the chicks stand at the street of even number house.
    -The odd number houses are where they do business.
    -The small lane between house number 17 and 19 not as crowded as last time.(1 to 2 years back). Probably due to the odd house number of 19 to 25 already en-bloc and currently in a non-liveable condition.
    -Most of the business they deal will be close at the odd number house number along Lor 24. Seldom go to nearby hotel.
    -The lane of Jalan Molek and Suka, are getting bad. Probably due to en-bloc program on the odd numbered house in Lor 24, some are not in liveable condition.

I see the chicks business have slowly engage in the house along Jalan Molek and Suka to close business deal.

I hope just like other Lorongs, once new project start, like 1 loft and Eden, this will drive the chick further down. I once eyed on Atrium Residence, but fail to invest as giving myself too much reason.

The above are just my 2 cent worth as I am not staying there, it is just my leisure time observation.

I am currently eyeing on The Octet. The sales is not fast, hopefully it got time to see 1 Loft start on site and see if condition changes.

construction of the 3 projects sld begin by this yr...imagine...the entire lor 24 is torn down w all the heavy euqipments, trucks and stuffs moving around....which ppl want to hang around there?

the whores can jolly well stand there n let mosquitos bite them w dengue.

I believe once construnction takes place, for the next 2-3yrs, the whores sld have moved away and stand 'permenantly' elsewhere already. lor 24 may be out of their memory.

Maybe will have more business for the chickens cos go new construction worker clients in addition to their existing clients. Plus they can use the empty units as their temp dorms without having to pay any money.

Frankly, I don't share the theory that once more and more projects come in, the street will be cleaned up as the root problems, till this day remain.

First of all, though URA has clarified that this area is zoned for residential and instituional uses, they hardly enforce it by charging the key culprits which are either running brothels or leasing them to such people, which explains the area being overrun by streetwalkers, foreign workers, gambling dens and such. Hence, even if the entire area goes enbloc, no one can control who your neighbours are and what they plan to do with it, i.e. renting to brothel operators since there's hardly any enforcement. To me it's just achange of housing such transactions from an older building to new, spanking ones.

Next, do you observe there are remaining units which smack right between 1 Loft and Edenz Loft? We know the owners, plus many more who are not keen to sell @ Jalan Suka and Jalan Molek. To them, they are cash rich and they know the banks are paying them peanuts in terms of interest rate. It'll worth more them to keep and rent them out for more 'lucrative' purposes and the ROI is certainly higher. As such, I don't forsee it happening soon.

However, I remain open and still hope to be proved wrong. I still feel the best way forward is not just hoping 'nature will take its course' and subsequently go away. We need to pressure the authorities to do the right thing, that is to start enforcing it, rather to wait and hope people will forget and just give up.

Default Bank Loan for Geylang Property

Dear all,

If you have difficulties in getting a bank loan (other than Singapura Finance
    and Hong Leong), I can help to introduce a banker that will offer a bank loan at SIBOR + X rate.

Please private message me or email me at [email protected]

Thanks and Regard