Thread: The rights of property owner leasing out their unit

Default The rights of property owner leasing out their unit

Hi

I would like to seek advice from all on the following questions:

I have rented out my whole condo unit and would like to know:

1) If my tenant does not own a car, can I as an owner park my car at the condo for long term even I dont live there?

2) Does buying a condo unit entitled the owner to one parking lot and the parking lot is considered the owner property?

3) Can the condo council committee pass motion to ban the owner from parking his car in the condo based on the above situation?

4) Can the owner still enjoy the condo facilities even they rent out their whole unit? Can the council committee pass motion to ban it?

5) What are the law or regulations protecting the owner on such situation?

Quote Originally Posted by joe0599
    Hi

1) If my tenant does not own a car, can I as an owner park my car at the condo for long term even I dont live there?

2) Does buying a condo unit entitled the owner to one parking lot and the parking lot is considered the owner property?

3) Can the condo council committee pass motion to ban the owner from parking his car in the condo based on the above situation?

4) Can the owner still enjoy the condo facilities even they rent out their whole unit? Can the council committee pass motion to ban it?

from what i know,

1) by right u cannot. some condo management allows (if there are more than ample lots) but anytime tenant decides to get a car u have to vacate.

2) depends. Some condo no auto allotment of car park lots even for owners.

3) yes

4) definitely no

5) dunno

Write it down in the contract.

Norm are create by human, so it can be also be destroy by human.

There will be always a group of people who want to impose their norm for others to follow.

When I was in US and now in France, we return the rented house in clean and good condition but when it come to return rented house in Singapore agent can say it normal wear and tear when the house is not clean and ceiling mold is due to ceiling leak. Owner should exercise their right and not let the agent a easy way out by saying it the norm.

Sent a complaint email to CEA to Complaint.

http://www.cea.gov.sg/cea/content/co...complaint.html

Complaint :

1. Agent mislead tenant on the need to rectify apartment before handover. The apartment was return with mold on wall and ceiling. Kitchen cabinet door almost drop off, house not clean, air-con choke and leaking

2. Give unsupported claim of air-con servicing done by tenant.

3. Give unsupported claim of mold in the ceiling from contractor due to water seepage from ceiling.

4. Refuse to give Full name and Agent Licence number.

I owner of apartment unit xxxxxx was handover a non tenant-able apartment after leasing for xx months. The apartment was handover with furniture in the apartment, air-con leaking and not cold, wall mold and toilet ceiling mold, apartment not clean.

I hope the agent be warn not to give unsupported claim and give advise to tenant to return the apartment in a tenant-able condition.

Agent name from email : [email protected]

Contact number : Sheila (HP : 94599546)

my fren still go back to his condo to use the swimming pool despite renting the entire unit out.

anyway guard house dont check, even though they ask u write down unit number, not like they will followup with tenant. if u want, just quote any other unit also can

I think depend on the condo you buy??
    So far our experience are positive -

We park our car at condo as our tenants don't drive, enjoy the facilities, pool, booking of BBQ pit, function room etc.

council committee are those stay same condo, unless they made things difficult for you, if not, most of time no reason why not ( or we are lucky so far on those condo unit units we buy? and usually foreigner don't buy car in Singapore ! )

Guard room don't check ??? May not be a good sign ....

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    my fren still go back to his condo to use the swimming pool despite renting the entire unit out.

anyway guard house dont check, even though they ask u write down unit number, not like they will followup with tenant. if u want, just quote any other unit also can

Once you rented out the whole condo, the tenant takes over enjoyment of the condo facilities. So you lose the right to park in the condo even if your tenant doesn't own a car.

That depends on the condo you buy and what the by-law says. In some condo near MRT stations, there are more condo units than carpark lots so it's first-come-first-served or balloting depending on the by-laws. Whatever the case, you do not own the carpark lots as they are common property.

Yes. Read the by-laws.

You can enjoy the facilities only as a guest ie someone must invite you. If you come as a guest, the council will not be able to ban you.

Check your by-laws and the Bldg Maint and Strata Mgt Act http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/searc...epth%3A0;rec=0
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Very hdb thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Guard room don't check ??? May not be a good sign ....
    they either let us pass by saying visiting xxx unit or some will just write down vehicle and unit #.

anyway my fren has spare key to prove he has access to the house although is rented out.

the by left way is.. as long as you can do it, do it lor! nothing's stopping you from doing it.

of coz, by right.. cannot lah.

No u-turn syndrome at work?
    There is no good or bad location. There is only good or bad price.

Honestly, I don't see the logic here.

If I still need to come back to the unit occasionally to use any facility, why do I rent it out to others in the first place?

Everytime I go to my tenanted units for handover, I park at the guest parking lots. I will use the facilities only when the unit is vacant (i.e. no tenant staying).

I am sure that all condos have rules that specify only current residents (regardless of owners or tenants) can use the condo facilities.

If my tenant complains about non-residents parking at resident lots or using any facility, I will lodge a complaint to the management office,

1) to protect the rights and interests of my tenant; and

2) for the safety sake of my tenant and my property.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    Very hdb thinking...

Home owners shd hv a handbook with the by-laws spelled out clearly. you may drop by the MCST office to take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by joe0599
    Hi

3) Hell no.... Pooping in public places like the parking lot works.. but... NOOO!!!

I truly dislike those SP, after renting out their units, still thinking of using the facilities and carpark as if their entitlements.

In my condo, we have "EXCUSED" many of such SPs.

We don't even allow, children of friends of residents to learn swiming and tennis in our estate.

Guests using the pools need to be accompanied by residents, else they will be "EXCUSED" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ibernz
    3) Hell no.... Pooping in public places like the parking lot works.. but... NOOO!!!
    Does solid or liquid one work better in this instance?
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I truly dislike those SP, after renting out their units, still thinking of using the facilities and carpark as if their entitlements.

We don't even allow, children of friends of residents to learn swiming and tennis in our estate.

Guests using the pools need to be accompanied by residents, else they will be "EXCUSED" as well.
    Hi Laguna, welcome back! long time no see. A happy belated lunar new year to you and your family! best of health!

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Hi Laguna, welcome back! long time no see. A happy belated lunar new year to you and your family! best of health!
    Hi Price
    thanks, same to you
    wish you have good promotion, good increment and HUAT.....

Hi Price
    thanks, same to you
    wish you have good promotion, good increment and HUAT.....
    Thanks! May ur properties Huattttt too!

Mine is using access pass, no security guard. So i think still possible...

It makes the residents unhappy as the facilities become overly crowded. These SPs challenged and threatened the poor guards who are just doing their jobs. Some even wrote nasty and demanding letters to the council chairman demanding their "rights" not realising they were ones who were abusing the rights of other residents.

Sigh...some people want to have their cakes and eat them too.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Very funny. So what did the council chairman say? Ask them to sue the MCST if they think they have the right? Or ask them to lodge complaint with StB?

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw
    It makes the residents unhappy as the facilities become overly crowded. These SPs challenged and threatened the poor guards who are just doing their jobs. Some even wrote nasty and demanding letters to the council chairman demanding their "rights" not realising they were ones who were abusing the rights of other residents.

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Very funny. So what did the council chairman say? Ask them to sue the MCST if they think they have the right? Or ask them to lodge complaint with StB?
    aiyah...no point reasoning with these people...they are super "chow khuan" and just want to kpkb...you just show them the bylaws and let them be.
    hungry eat sleepy sleep

Quote Originally Posted by acidic.straw

What's the point of having a cake if you can't eat it? Lol

That said, the cake has been loaned out to someone else.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

what does "SP" stand for? Singaporean?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny88
    what does "SP" stand for? Singaporean?
    subsidiary proprietors

so how would the mgt know whether u use the facilities or not and if they know, what will happen to you?

Quote Originally Posted by babyt
    so how would the mgt know whether u use the facilities or not and if they know, what will happen to you?
    normally they will issue a warning first. after that, some of the more gungho mcsts will send you a letter via legal means if you continue with your action.

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    subsidiary proprietors
    OIC - thank you!