Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: The real FACTS about Landed property

proper-t.

what does talking about sammboy has to do with this thread? Do you think that by associating me with a comment I made about sammyboy is going to give you more credit for those nonsense you that post in this forum?
    Last edited by Ringo33; 21-04-13 at 15:48.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    proper-t.

what does talking about sammboy has to do with this thread? Do you think that by associating me with a comment I made about sammyboy is going to give you more credit for those nonsense you that post in this threat?

Someone went to all the trouble of searching for other forumers' comments and reproducing it here.

You think that by associating yourself with these other forumers, you can be redeemed? The difference between all these other forumers and yourself is that none of them expressed the craving and extreme disappointment like you did. Perhaps readers here might then understand why you suddenly lost it and started posting the same questions over and over again. Extended absence from your familiar surroundings or gratification zone can tend to make a man a bit crazy.

I was hoping for some sammyboy type of information. so disappointed.
    Last edited by proper-t; 21-04-13 at 16:04.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Someone went to all the trouble of searching for other forumers' comments and reproducing it here.

You think that by associating yourself with these other forumers, you can be redeemed? The difference between all these other forumers and yourself is that none of them expressed the craving and extreme disappointment like you did. Perhaps readers here might then understand why you suddenly lost it and started posting the same questions over and over again. Extended absence from your familiar surroundings or comfort zone can tend to make a man a bit crazy.
    Since we are still in this thread about REAL FACTS of landed property, why are you complaining that I am questioning you about the REAL FACTS that you posted? Cant explain yourself? No answer? Blur like sotong?

I am not sure who do you think you are but you behavior suggested that as landed dweller (I dont want to use the word owner because I know you dont own one) you are free to spread BS in this forum and no one is supposed to question you?

When you speak, you speak like there is an entire village or township of landed property owners agreeing with what you wrote, but the fact is that, no one, I repeat, NO ONE has dare to come forward and defend your REAL FACTS about landed property.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

No one? At least I have the appreciation of a forumer for starting this thread.

From post #74
    Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Kudos to the TS for this thread so that all facts/myths can be scrutinised and debated upon. At the end of the day, its good learning for everyone.

For all that is being discussed and said, the landed market is still moving. The caveat is where. I guess the cliche saying would be : Location Location Location

You, on the other hand, have 'rave' reviews from other forumers. Someone has even compared you to the infamous Mr. B. In fact, from your postings of late, the resemblance is getting to be quite uncanny.

It has reached beyond the point of using common sense to rationalise with TS (Ringo33). I really question his/her motive of even starting the thread. Not to discuss the movement of landed in 2013, but to "complain".

As many kind souls have pointed out, landed is really free market play. If a new SC has enough moolah to plonk for a few GCBs, then so be it. There is no need to link that with one's daughter/son etc, that is so low IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Aiyo, Ringo... why are you so against landed property?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball
    we all know that bro ringo is just talking down the landed market because he is looking to buy land...

airspace is overpriced while landspace has yet to fully catch up

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    he makes as much sense as his arguments that the 3rd IR will be in jurong

Quote Originally Posted by MLP
    Haha, Ringo.....Ringo..... No point for you to post the chart and talk about 1997 rubbish again and again. Nobody here will want to read your rubbish anymore.

If I were you, I would disappear with your infamous user ID and start afresh with a new ID. Hopefully you will talk more sense with a new ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Reminds me of TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B..
    Last edited by proper-t; 21-04-13 at 16:33.

proper-T,

I dont see anyone defending your REAL FACTS, they are only patronizing you for what you wrote without even reading them.

so let me ask you this once again.

why did you say that in a down cycle, low transaction volume is a good?
    Care to elaborate?

I would like to see how many here will step forward to defend your REAL FACTS.

while you are at it, why not also comment on this diagram you posted in this forum. What exactly are we supposed to learn from this?

If household income is not a good indicator of leveraging risk, may I know what is?

proper-T,

I dont see anyone defending your REAL FACTS, they are only patronizing you for what you wrote without even reading them.

so let me ask you this once again.

why did you say that in a down cycle, low transaction volume is a good?
    Care to elaborate?

I would like to see how many here will step forward to defend your REAL FACTS.
    Defend? Why do they need to defend when you do a perfectly good job of shooting yourself in the foot or stabbing yourself in the jugular all the time.

Its interesting you asked the same question again because readers here can then know how you turned tail and decided to run from this thread.

Readers here can follow the discussion from post #17 until post #20 where you had nothing to counter and declared

I am done with this thread. Good luck to your economic fairytale
    Could you explain to readers what you are still doing in this thread and asking the same questions over again? Are you a man of your word? It appears my diagnosis was right and you have snapped and lost it completely such that integrity matters nothing to you and you feel no shame.
    Last edited by proper-t; 21-04-13 at 17:01.

Defend? Why do they need to defend when you do a perfectly good job of shooting yourself in the foot or stabbing yourself in the jugular all the time.

Its interesting you asked the same question again because readers here can then know how you turned tail and decided to run from this thread.

Readers here can follow the discussion from post #17 until post #20 where you had nothing to counter and declared

Could you explain to readers what you are still doing in this thread and asking the same questions over again? Are you a man of your word? It appears my diagnosis was right and you have snapped and lost it completely such that integrity matters nothing to you and you feel no shame.
    nothing that you have posted in the last few pages are related to property.

Are you sure you have come to the right forum?

nothing that you have posted in the last few pages are related to property.

Are you sure you have come to the right forum?
    Huh? no more stream of repeat questions.

This is a step in the right direction and even though what we are discussing may not be property related, as long it helps you, I will play along.

You seem to be drifting in and out of reality. Spending all your time here trolling the landed forum must be really hard for as you can't get back to your gratification zone below. I suggest you allocate some time back there as your mental state is really erratic.

I was hoping for some sammyboy type of information. so disappointed.

Both brothers Ringo33 and proper-t are very good debaters. Both logic in the argument also very sound indeed.

I learned a lot from their debates here. Very fruitful for me.

What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    Both brothers Ringo33 and proper-t are very good debaters. Both logic in the argument also very sound indeed.

What about you?

bro BJ, please dont give me so much credit lah. I am just a poor soul looking trying to learn from guru in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader

What about you?

Thank you for visiting my thread and your kind compliments. Am glad that it has been fruitful for you. As long as a single forumer finds it useful, then this thread is indeed fulfilled...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I will only try to post this once and not trying to urge with u but just my opinion...

If u keep talking about high maintenance cost on landed and the high utility bill and so on, I can only say that landed is not for u...u can argue until the cow come home...end of the day, it is just not for u.

Why ppl buy conti car when we all know in general, maintenance for Jap car are cheaper? Try doing a normal servicing of an Audi 1.8 and a Toyota 1.8, if u have own both before, u will know what I mean.
    Why ppl still buy LV bags when we all know it is just a bag?

Something that u valued might not be of value to another person. So, like it or not, just accept and move on.
    of u referring to routine maintenance. The cost of an Audi is cheaper.

If u refer to usal wear and tear , brakes pads are abut the same price.

Please note comparison based on buying parts and service at suitable qualified workshop that has the tools to reset stuff.

Thanks to Ringo33 and Equalizer, I now have another fact to post.

4. Landed buyers tend to buy for their own stay (the current percentage is 86% of total landed stock based on latest figures supplied by Ringo33 and clarified by equalizer in link below ):

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...322#post396322

Just to update on some interesting recent landed transactions :

Dist 28 Jalan Kayu area is almost hitting $2Kpsf :

Date
    2013-04-29, 5 JALAN TARI ZAPIN, 999 YRS FROM 1879, TERRACE, 1,249sf $2,488,800, $1,995psf

Date
    2013-01-14, 7 JALAN TARI ZAPIN, 999 YRS FROM 1879, TERRACE, 1,270sf, $2,350,000, $1,856psf

D.23 Cashew terrace done at $1,742psf

Date
    2013-05-07
    CASHEW VILLAS, 174 CASHEW CRESCENT, D.23, 999 YRS FROM 1883, TERRACE, 2,153sf, $3,750,000, $1,742psf

D.10 Fernhill detached done at $1,982psf

Date
    2013-05-10 , 1 FERNHILL CRESCENT, D.10, FREEHOLD, DETACHED, 9,085sf, $18,000,000, $1,982psf

Do you own the construction company? $500k for a rebuild? In your dreams?

Oh Its possible.... You meant buying a single storey IT and rebuilding it as a brand new single storey. Smart move pal.
    I own a construction company. If u tear down a single sty 1800sf terrace n rebuilt into 3 sty. Min net cost 700k - 900k depending on site condition n type of finishes.

How about the same work for a 3000sf semi-D?

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    I own a construction company. If u tear down a single sty 1800sf terrace n rebuilt into 3 sty. Min net cost 700k - 900k depending on site condition n type of finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    I own a construction company. If u tear down a single sty 1800sf terrace n rebuilt into 3 sty. Min net cost 700k - 900k depending on site condition n type of
    I saw this corner terrace house. Huge garden. Can introduce a small pool to it. How much would it cost to add a pool?
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Just to update on some interesting recent landed transactions :

Dist 28 Jalan Kayu area is almost hitting $2Kpsf :

Date
    2013-04-29, 5 JALAN TARI ZAPIN, 999 YRS FROM 1879, TERRACE, 1,249sf $2,488,800, $1,995psf

Date
    2013-01-14, 7 JALAN TARI ZAPIN, 999 YRS FROM 1879, TERRACE, 1,270sf, $2,350,000, $1,856psf

I will say good luck to them. New highway next to them. That's y the previous owners decided to sell.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    How about the same work for a 3000sf semi-D?
    go to this forum http://www.renotalk.com/forum/forum/...te-properties/. you will have an idea.

FACTS about landed property is here

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t View Post
    This demonstrates the holding power of landed owners during the crash of 1997. SLIGHTLY MORE THAN 96% of landed owners did not need to sell off their landed properties at distress prices during the crash of 1997. Some people like to use the phrase that you cannot never enjoy your paper profit unless you sell. Conversely, you will never suffer a loss unless you are forced to dispose of your property.

Some folks will then try to come up with a silly postulation that the holding power was much greater in 1997 than now. Back then, the LTV was capped at 80% in 1996. Right now, the measures can cap you from 50% to as low as 20% if you buy > 1 property. Plus interest rates are at a low and expected to stay that way. Are the banks less or more like to call on your loans now than in 1997?
    Holding power? This time is different??

Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity

LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33 View Post
    Holding power? This time is different??

Two Things Are Infinite: the Universe and Human Stupidity

LOL!!!
    I don't know about human Stupidity but I don't think the universe is infinite right? At least not from a scientific point of view I think.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I don't know about human Stupidity but I don't think the universe is infinite right? At least not from a scientific point of view I think.
    Very difficult to visualise our universe as non-infinite because u will start to think what is outside our universe.....