Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The real FACTS about Landed property

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Do you still own any of the terraces?
    sold them to downgrade to condo...

Quote Originally Posted by may2012
    sold them to downgrade to condo...
    No worries lah... If you bought yr condo 11 yrs ago, you are still sitting on a good gain. To me, its pointless to look back or envy other people. Be content with what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Once you have ever lived in bungalow in the sky, you will never want to live on a landed!
    People who live in bungalow in the sky will not be bothered with that small additional maintenance fund costs.
    It looks like people living in landed are very particular about saving those small maintenance costs, to the extend of delaying whatever repairs and maintenance they need to do? They are so cheapo / desperate / cheapskate? Now then I know!
    Bungalow in the sky? Can you find one which has 7000 sqft built-in like a bungalow on the ground?

So r u saying that maintenance for a bungalow in the sky is "ADDITIONAL" maintenance as compared to a landed bungalow which is self contradictory to your previous harping about high maintenance for landed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    BLUE, just wondering from SEP 2012 to this week you have not post anything on this forum and suddenly you felt the urge in doing so this week.

I just wondering have you been secretly and despicably posting using a different account??
    Well, I have been busy with my landed reno and enjoying the BIGGER, PRIVATE & EXCLUSIVE space that I have now.

And one fine day came back to this forum to see anything interesting but still find you lurking around the landed forum, continue posting baseless negative comments which you hope can have some effect on the market so tat u may buy landed cheap one day or an attempt to drive down landed demand so that potential buyers turn to MM condo instead?

Despite your unrelenting efforts and attempts, the landed price continues to soar like no tomorrow.

Now it is even harder to find $1000 psf for a good piece of old land to do own rebuilding.

I heard for a build up of let say 3000sqft, it will cost 350psf now. Is it true? It is so costly to rebuild now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I heard for a build up of let say 3000sqft, it will cost 350psf now. Is it true? It is so costly to rebuild now.
    Maybe 300 Psf. But 350 means high quality with pool

It is more expensive and having only less skillful worker.
    Quote Originally Posted by stl67

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Mmm, Many penthouses are 4000+ sqft built-in, and there are 6000+ sqft units also and penthouses. You want to search you will find. Additional maintenances are for the facilities. The high maintenence for landed is although without facilities. I am experienced enough to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Bungalow in the sky? Can you find one which has 7000 sqft built-in like a bungalow on the ground?

So r u saying that maintenance for a bungalow in the sky is "ADDITIONAL" maintenance as compared to a landed bungalow which is self contradictory to your previous harping about high maintenance for landed?
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Once you have ever lived in bungalow in the sky, you will never want to live on a landed!
    People who live in bungalow in the sky will not be bothered with that small additional maintenance fund costs.
    It looks like people living in landed are very particular about saving those small maintenance costs, to the extend of delaying whatever repairs and maintenance they need to do? They are so cheapo / desperate / cheapskate? Now then I know!

Thanks to all for keeping this thread alive.

Please note that there has been no studies or reports (at least as far I am aware) done on maintenance cost for condos/apts vs landed and hence no empricial evidence is available to prove that one is costlier or cheaper than the other.

As a point of reference, an apartment at Hamilton at Scotts (2756sf) has an estimated maintenance fee of $1,500 per month. This translates to $18,000 p.a. or $4,500 per quarter.

This $18K per year is a mandatory expenditure and buyers should note that it is an offence not to pay the maintenance fees. The legal remedies which your MC can take to recover the fees are outlined below as described in an extract of a condo resident's handbook.

5. Late payment interest (rates to be determined by the Management) will be levied on Maintenance Charges not received after 30 days from the date of notice to pay.

6. Further legal action shall be taken should the Subsidiary Proprietor continue to default on Maintenance payment. The following action could be taken by the MCST to recover arrears :-

a. Lodge a charge against the said unit (SP will be prevented from selling the unit unless outstanding maintenance charges, with interest, are fully paid);

b. Application of garnishment order on the unit, if the Subsidiary Proprietor is collecting rental from the unit;

c. File legal claim at the Small Claims Tribunal;

d. Application to the courts to have the unit sold to recover all outstanding maintenance charges still owing

The above mentioned legal actions are enforceable under the BMSMA (2004)
    Last edited by proper-t; 21-03-13 at 09:14.

Wonder how many owners pay $1800 per month to maintain a landed property?

Please note that there has been no studies or reports (at least as far I am aware) done on maintenance cost for condos/apts vs landed and hence no empricial evidence is available to prove that one is costlier or cheaper than the other.

As a point of reference, an apartment at Hamilton at Scotts (2756sf) has an estimated maintenance fee of $1,500 per month. This translates to $18,000 p.a. or $4,500 per quarter.

This $18K per year is a mandatory expenditure and buyers should note that it is an offence not to pay the maintenance fees. The legal remedies which your MC can take to recover the fees are outlined below as described in an extract of a condo resident's handbook.

The fact is, there shouldn't be any comparisons on landed and condo maintenance as they are not apple to apple.
    you can bring up for discussion on the different range of fee per month or year but it is really pointless to compare. There could be very min ppl pay for their short term stay in landed says 5 yrs, but on the other hand, you can easily calculate out how much one pays if he stays in condo for the facilities...it might be worth for some one but not worth for some one...or on the other hand, the owner of the landed could need to pay a big sum to repair leaked roof and peeled paint on the exterior compared to somebody who only pay for a small fee per month in condo....many many scenario...

there are many type of landed property owners in Singapore lah. Some are asset rich cash rich, so they will not save on repair cost and utility bills.

On the other hand, they are also many landed owners who like to brag about landed property, but they are so damn cash poor that they need to live like a church rat, saving on utilities, skip maintenance and repair etc.

As the saying goes, if you feet aint that big, please dont wear such a big shoe.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

unfortunately, no one is interested to discuss about the nonsense you posted. FACT is FACT, there is no such thing as a real FACTS. If you need to call it REAL, that mean they aint real.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

unfortunately, no one is interested to discuss about the nonsense you posted. FACT is FACT, there is no such thing as a real FACTS. If you need to call it REAL, that mean they aint real.
    I suppose others don't think the way you do as this thread has stretched to 11 pages already with over 4900 views.

If someone doesn't like what is being being discussed here, then they are welcome to leave and never come back but then there are some extremely thick-skinned people with no integrity (and probably low self-esteem) here who despite declaring that they are done with the thread, continually come crawlng back.

I am done with this thread. Good luck to your economic fairytale
    Unfortunately, there are also some people here who like to post untruths and label them as facts so there is certaintly a distinction being drawn here between a real fact and some untruths which are being labelled as facts.

What's worse are people who continually like to post charts or information which they themselves don't know how to interpret.

The reason for the crop is simple. Please explain to readers here your statement below (especially the part in red) ,in relation to the chart. I crop it Big in case you are colour blind.Can you tell all here which segments drop the most in 2000 & 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by ringo33
    And IIRC, the interest rate for during 2000 and 2008 were pretty stable, however we did see a massive price correction of landed property during both period, which I believe DSR for landed owners were clearly <50%.

I am not sure why do you even need to crop the URA chart. The only reason I can think of is you trying to hide the bad things and only show the good things.

While you are trying to tell us landed property owner has got better holding power etc, however the chart doesnt quite reflect that.

1) The correction in 2000 to 2003 was due to dot com bubble and SARS, nothing to do with interest rate,

2) The 2008 correction again is due to financial crisis, nothing to do with interest rate.

So proper-T, please stop trying to smoke us with all you nonsensical cut and paste lah.

Last edited by proper-t; 21-03-13 at 13:35.

I suppose others don't think the way you do as this thread has stretched to 11 pages already with over 4900 views.

If someone doesn't like what is being being discussed here, then they are welcome to leave and never come back but then there are some extremely thick-skinned people with no integrity (and probably low self-esteem) here who despite declaring that they are done with the thread, continually come crawlng back.

Unfortunately, there are also some people here who like to post untruths and label them as facts so there is certaintly a distinction being drawn here between a real fact and some untruths which are being labelled as facts.

What's worse are people who continually like to post charts or information which they themselves don't know how to interpret.
    bro, this joker's take on landed property is as convincing as his deductions that the 3rd IR will be in jurong.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    Even at 300 psf, I think that the quality is already pretty good with private lift and micro pile.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    bro, this joker's take on landed property is as convincing as his deductions that the 3rd IR will be in jurong.
    Well said buddy, hopefully you are enjoying yourself at PSB.

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Even at 300 psf, I think that the quality is already pretty good with private lift and micro pile.
    Dont fool yourself, @ 300psf you will only get HDB quality, nothing near pretty good for mass market condo standard.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys,

I paid $150psf excluding professional fee 12 years ago for the reconstruction of my house. $300psf minus professional fee is still possible.
    Dont fool yourself, @ 300psf you will only get HDB quality, nothing near pretty good for mass market condo standard.

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys,

350psf was quoted with interior furnishing similar to condo offered by developers. Comes with kitchen cabinets, aircon, wardrobes, marble and timber flooring etc.

So u guys are talking about reconstruction with bare interior for 300psf?

Friend, the $300psf includes all those in a condo. I paid half of that when I reconstruct as labour, material and GST are lower.
    350psf was quoted with interior furnishing similar to condo offered by developers. Comes with kitchen cabinets, aircon, wardrobes, marble and timber flooring etc.

So u guys are talking about reconstruction with bare interior for 300psf?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Friend, the $300psf includes all those in a condo. I paid half of that when I reconstruct as labour, material and GST are lower.
    I am more interested to know the cost today.

Thanks for your contribution too.

http://www.meridianhomes.com.sg/web2...=cat_newhouses

My neighbour just did his for $300-400psf including professional fee too. But the workmanship is fair poorer with lower grade material like with only homogenous tile instead of marble. Less skill tradesmen and cut corner too as I was the indirect PM.

The boss, Jaffar is a nice guy. I have used their services before.

there are many type of landed property owners in Singapore lah. Some are asset rich cash rich, so they will not save on repair cost and utility bills.

On the other hand, they are also many landed owners who like to brag about landed property, but they are so damn cash poor that they need to live like a church rat, saving on utilities, skip maintenance and repair etc.

As the saying goes, if you feet aint that big, please dont wear such a big shoe.
    To buy a brand new landed hse in today's market, one's foot has to be decently big. Not any tom, dick or harry can even afford the downpayment.

Landed maintenance: once you have a pool, the maintenance is no longer "discretionary" Tis thing cost min $500 a month ... So cannot really compare "maintenance cost" lah. Really apple to orange.

And peace to every one...landed or condo, very personal preference ... which one better "investment choice", well, every one can agree to disagree... Just like CCR OCR debates.

Once you have a lift, the maintenance is lagi beyond 'discretionary'. I need a lift if I need to stay in landed, too taxing to climb 2-3 storeys up and down the whole day.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Landed maintenance: once you have a pool, the maintenance is no longer "discretionary" Tis thing cost min $500 a month ... So cannot really compare "maintenance cost" lah. Really apple to orange.

And peace to every one...landed or condo, very personal preference ... which one better "investment choice", well, every one can agree to disagree... Just like CCR OCR debates.

Wait until you reach my age then you will know!