Thread: Is this for real..

Default Is this for real..

In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    漫天开价,愿者上钩

I am waiting for the big crash. I am waiting for the crash to demolish people's confidence and ego.

somemore it's just "GUIDE PRICE" only...it can be asking more than this price...

Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    漫天开价,愿者上钩
    only thing i UNDER stand is...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

ya if u stay in this pool facing patio unit looking at bikini babes everyday.. i dont see why you wont UNDER stand

translate to..."anyhow open price...lure u to the fish hook.."

The seller is Jiang Tai Gong.

honestly why bother to have a jazzuci in your PES when you have a bigger one right in front of you.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    The seller is Jiang Tai Gong.
    that's good one..."姜太公釣魚..." next ...

This unit is a rare unit, but the asking price from the previous buying price from developer is amazing.

The unit is rare in term of only few units that has a direct access to the pool area and a private jacuzzi. For what I remember there is only 4 units in the waterfront collection.

In the past, people complain it is expansive for the unit is 1+ mil. After completing, it is a highly asked unit for the waterfront collection. Lol.

can buy landed liao

moral of the story..

never say never and greed knows no boundary ahaha

if the unit manage to sell, all i can say is we are part and pieces of a capitalistic society.. just dont become the greater fool

I have been to a fraser projects. It is no fun for the owner if your neighbours can swim right up to your downstep literally. good lifestyle but in a high density environment, the privacy element is completely lost.

I have been to a fraser projects. It is no fun for the owner if your neighbours can swim right up to your downstep literally. good lifestyle but in a high density environment, the privacy element is completely lost.
    It will be a very different story if this is a private pool. Unfortunately this isn't... Compared with older condos the swimming pools are usually located quite a distance away, the stacks in newer condos nowadays are really getting too close for comfort

TOTALLY 100% agree..

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    honestly why bother to have a jazzuci in your PES when you have a bigger one right in front of you.

Looks interesting. Can connect a hose from the pool to the washing machine, flush toilets etc

Quote Originally Posted by VS
    Looks interesting. Can connect a hose from the pool to the washing machine, flush toilets etc
    after paying 2.3mil...i think good idea cos no more money to pay pub bill...

May I know how close is close? My new place is ground floor pool facing deck is 2.5m wide. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    I am waiting for the big crash. I am waiting for the crash to demolish people's confidence and ego.
    ....do you think you would also loose your job since banks would be among the most aggressive in retrenching staff if depression cones....especially CMI staff with proven record such has forever not given much pay increase...

What waterfront?? 99LH some more??
    Why not this.. Exactly waterfront.. FH.. Semi-d.. Below S$800k can get
    http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prope...r-sale-1960904

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    What waterfront?? 99LH some more??
    Why not this.. Exactly waterfront.. FH.. Semi-d.. Below S$800k can get
    http://www.propertyguru.com.my/prope...r-sale-1960904
    check out the agent straight out from vasantham channel...

lazy to start a thread
    quite a surprise to me

Poh Lian $60m in the red 'due to mismanagement'

Director outlines building firm's plight in court filing

By Rachel Scully

BUILDING company Poh Lian Construction is in a $60 million black hole because it mismanaged funds and entered poor contractual deals, according to one of its directors.
    Mr Peh Pit Tat outlined the company's plight in a 127-page document submitted as part of Poh Lian's application for a judicial management order earlier this month.
    A hearing on this will be held on April 5, but an interim judicial management order was granted on March 7, which protects the assets of Poh Lian - a wholly owned subsidiary of United Fiber System (UFS) - until the court rules next month.
    Mr Peh joined the board in September 2011. Two directors - executive chairman Wisanggeni Lauw and chief operating officer Leong Chee Keng - told him then that the company was in a "healthy financial position".
    The two men ran the company's day-to-day operations, but no longer sit on the board now.
    Mr Lauw resigned on Jan 22. Mr Leong remains as chief operating officer, but his role is to focus on project managing the incomplete developments.
    In the court filings, Mr Peh said: "It came as a shock therefore when I was informed by the previous management that some time in October 2012, (three property developments) were incurring substantial losses due to cost overruns."
    The developments were the condominiums Sophia Residence, Goodwood Residence and Bishopsgate Residences.
    Poh Lian's financial situation plummeted further when it realised the cost overruns for the three developments amounted to $29 million in January.
    It estimates that a further $37 million is needed to pay subcontractors to complete these projects.
    Mr Peh noted that Poh Lian had submitted tenders at uncompetitive prices. The former management team failed to factor in additional costs in the light of project delays for the Sophia and Goodwood projects, which are being developed by GuocoLand.
    Poh Lian also incurred substantial losses due to a change in payouts for subcontractors on the Goodwood project.
    "In March 2012, the senior manager for operations, Mr Thomas Ng, decided to replace subcontractors who were paid on a 'job done' basis with others whose employees were paid per hour," wrote Mr Peh.
    This is usually done only when a development is close to completion and requires minor works, but that was not the case for the Goodwood project.
    From April to December last year, up to 600 workers were paid on an hourly rate, leading to massive cost overruns, wrote Mr Peh. Mr Ng was asked to leave Poh Lian earlier this year.
    As of Jan 31, Poh Lian owed subcontractors almost $41 million for seven ongoing projects. The company also has contingent liabilities of another $136 million if it is late in completing developments.
    Work on all seven developments came to a halt after the application for interim judicial management was lodged last week.
    Four of these are still profitable: St Anthony's School, H2O Residences in Sengkang West and two HDB Build-to-Order projects in Bukit Panjang - Segar Grove and Senja Gateway.
    Parent company UFS is unable to extend financial support to its construction arm due to contractual obligations struck in July last year.
    Poh Lian's management hopes the appointed interim judicial managers Tam Chee Chong and Andrew Grimmett from audit firm Deloitte & Touche can come to a resolution to minimise losses.
    The judicial managers have the authority to source for new investors, distribute the assets and hold negotiations with the various stakeholders and creditors. They also have a say in determining which projects Poh Lian should continue working on or give up.
    Mr Peh's court papers also include a detailed explanation on why it is not in the best interests of creditors to let the construction company go belly-up.
    He cites further delays on its seven projects, unfair preference to creditors if its assets are distributed and the declining value of those assets if sold separately rather than in their entirety.
    At least five lawsuits have been filed against Poh Lian, one from an individual who is claiming $250,000, and four from Kao Lee Aluminium Industrial, which is asking for more than $1.15 million.
    [email protected]

Such a pathetic guy... !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

The crash would put all buyers for the past three years into disarray. Distress outlook will force buyers to fire sales.

The crash would put all buyers for the past three years into disarray. Distress outlook will force buyers to fire sales.
    the last i recall, you also bought a unit at flamengo within the last three years. you wish your property value plunge?!

what i dont understand is why would people pay that for a ground floor unit and everyone can look into your house and when you raise your head, you see all around you tightly packed buildings

plus it is bedok ...

Quote Originally Posted by CondoSeeker2012
    what i dont understand is why would people pay that for a ground floor unit and everyone can look into your house and when you raise your head, you see all around you tightly packed buildings

plus it is bedok ...
    woohoo! $1440psf! thanks for propping up property prices in D16. the novelty, i guess, would be walking out of your verandah and plunge immediately into the cool, crystal water

all the buyers from last 3 years paid 30% to 40% downpayment. Prices has gone up 10-20% since. Now their loan to value is at 50%.... for them to be forced to sell, prices has to drop by 50% form today's prices... Did prices drop 50% in the last recession? Wish you luck if you're waiting for fire sales... may never happen...

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    all the buyers from last 3 years paid 30% to 40% downpayment. Prices has gone up 10-20% since. Now their loan to value is at 50%.... for them to be forced to sell, prices has to drop by 50% form today's prices... Did prices drop 50% in the last recession? Wish you luck if you're waiting for fire sales... may never happen...
    I hope there are more buyers like this. We need more people to stay at the Jetty waiting for the boats. In this way, prices can increase steadily.

The problem with a market where EVERYONE thinks that prices are going up is that it becomes overheated.

Welcome to the Jetty, my friend. We are all waving back to you from our Boats... Do catch the next, next next, next next next, boat ...

DKSG