Page 10 of 82 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    I think the one to benefit the most is Ivory heights...

No more sizable land for condo in Jurong Gateway, Ivory heights right smack in the middle, and if in the future URA extend the lake to the current science centre it will be right across from the condo...

Where else to find such a plot of land?

And its longish.... much like the Bedok Waterfront collection..
    If enbloc developere will cut it into three condo plot and sell like waterfotn collections...

If J Gatewy sells well I think Ivory Heights can easily go up 100psf to 900 psf...

What do you think?
    if 1k psf then a unit would cost around 1.5 mil. i don't think the locals willing to pay that much for a 30 years old developement. foreigners maybe.

I foresee the lake is another weekend gathering area for foreign workers.
    i understand many had move from serangoon to the west becos of construction work underneath. another meeting place during weekday is the teban reservoir.

Looks real cool. However I seriously doubt the end result will be anything like.

Yes, just like lucky plaza. Orchard area also have especially outside the mrt station.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    not to pour cold water, but studying future rental income is guess work at best.

MCL not known for iconic work and this project packed with diminutive units appears to be no exception.

as for upside, i think it is the surrounding HDBs that will enjoy the most upside, thanks of cos to this project.
    There is really nothing to guess for this project. All you need to do is to make a simple estimate on the number and type of jobs which are going to be relocated and created in JLD alone vs, the number of new supply of such property over the next 4 years.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

For investors looking for a steady stream of rental income + potential capital upside: If you don't buy this, I really dunno what you can buy liao.

I have no vested interest in this. Just my genuine opinions.
    Too bad no ammo liao. If I have ammo sure hoot this.

My only concern is if the URA or LTA is going to do something about the road network there. It is already quite jam as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sunboy77
    For investors looking for a steady stream of rental income + potential capital upside: If you don't buy this, I really dunno what you can buy liao.

I have no vested interest in this. Just my genuine opinions.
    Too bad no ammo liao. If I have ammo sure hoot this.

My only concern is if the URA or LTA is going to do something about the road network there. It is already quite jam as it is.
    Why u didn't reserve ur ammunition for tis, but pick senette residence?

They already opening up many roads there, there is a new road in IBP so you dont need to go to the junction of Big Box and furniture mall to turn into it... plus road widening on the way

Will be going to the showflat next saturday .
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    There is really nothing to guess for this project. All you need to do is to make a simple estimate on the number and type of jobs which are going to be relocated and created in JLD alone vs, the number of new supply of such property over the next 4 years.
    brother, the number and types of jobs there is exactly what I cannot figure out.
    the hospital will generate nurses, but nurses will rent HDB instead. as to the the doctors and the staff of capitaland, I guess they have their own landed ones. Staff in the shopping malls and the future hotels will not stay there also.

have I missed anything?

Maybe the rental is cheap enough for nurse to rent? But it will be very noisy... The mrt line..... Will get moring call everyday from the mrt....

With decentralisation it is possible companies will move office to here. Thats when u get the tenant pool.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    brother, the number and types of jobs there is exactly what I cannot figure out.
    the hospital will generate nurses, but nurses will rent HDB instead. as to the the doctors and the staff of capitaland, I guess they have their own landed ones. Staff in the shopping malls and the future hotels will not stay there also. have I missed anything?
    Jobs in hospital is not just nurse and doctors. perhaps you could go look up HR agency website to find out what are the different type of job available in hospital and also their pay scale.

from what I know, properties around hospital are usually very popular among doctors and healthcare workers working in hospital, perhaps due to convenient to attend to emergency or doing shift work.

And with the number of young and foreign doctors working in our government hospital, I am very sure there will be strong rental demand from healthcare workers.

As for capitaland, they are consolidating most of their operations from around Singapore into Westgate, for sure there will be plenty of expats and foreigners working in the mid to senior management role in their office. And where did you get the idea that all capitaland workers live in landed property??

And why staff of hotel wont stay near where they work? like hospital, in hotel, it is not just waitresses, bell boy and cook. They are plenty of managerial position with pay scale that could easily afford to rent an apartment at J gateway.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

With that huge pool of ready tenants now and that ever bigger pool of tenant in the future, this ONE-AND-ONLY private condo in Jurong East (well, at least we know there are no more other private condo there in the pipeline for now) is going to be an extremely hot spot for rental. I shudder at the thought of how high a rental yield I can get for this. But I can only shudder bcos I can't afford it liao...

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Why u didn't reserve ur ammunition for tis, but pick senette residence?
    Hahaha thanks for remembering.

If both Sennett and J Gateway comes out at the same time, I would have bought J. Didn't expect that the general prices at J is slightly lower than Sennett...

Shopping belt like a mini Orchard Rd + medical hub like Novena + influx of offices as a new business district + hotel clusters like Chinatown. And yet water activities nearby like Punggol waterway. My goodness I really can't think what is missing here liao. And it's crazy that there are no other private condos here at JE to compete for the rental.

Only things I think missing are:
    Good primary schools?
    Better road infrastructure?

Oh by the way, units are actually quite small. To keep quantum affordable and rental yield high.

To name a few, Canadian international school, Rulang Primary, NUS, NTU and Singapore Poly which are reasonably close..

How much is one unit for one bedder? I may want to invest.

Road Announcements19 May 2011As part of the project to construct a new road network in the Jurong Lake District, the Land Transport Authority will be realigning Jurong Gateway Road and a new road, Gateway Link will be opened to traffic with effect from 22 May 2011.With the opening of Gateway Link on 22 May 2011, the existing traffic lights and pedestrian crossing at the junction of Jurong East Street 12 and Jurong Gateway Road will be decommissioned and the junction will be converted to a left-in-left-out configuration.Motorists are advised to use the new junction of Gateway Link/ Jurong Gateway Road if they wish to travel from Jurong Gateway Road (towards Boon Lay Way) to Jurong Town Hall Road or from Jurong Town Hall Road to Jurong Gateway Road (towards Boon Lay Way).Vehicles will only be able to turn left from Jurong Gateway Road (towards Jurong East Central) to Jurong East Street 12 and vehicles travelling from Jurong East Street 12 will only be able to turn left into Jurong Gateway Road (towards Jurong East Central).Pedestrians can travel across Jurong Gateway Road using the new pedestrian crossing at the junction of Gateway Link/ Jurong Gateway Road or the pedestrian overhead bridge connected to Jurong East MRT Station.For more information, please refer to the*location map.

Hahaha thanks for remembering.

If both Sennett and J Gateway comes out at the same time, I would have bought J. Didn't expect that the general prices at J is slightly lower than Sennett...
    Senette residence is nearer to city, compared to Jurong east, further away...so justify the higher price for senette....J is a unique project in the west, it will be a record pricing psf wen launched, wat the agent quote is only estimates...But one thing for sure I will bring my family to Jem, can't wait for it to be ready!

When will showflat be open?

Shopping belt like a mini Orchard Rd + medical hub like Novena + influx of offices as a new business district + hotel clusters like Chinatown. And yet water activities nearby like Punggol waterway. My goodness I really can't think what is missing here liao. And it's crazy that there are no other private condos here at JE to compete for the rental.

Only things I think missing are:
    Good primary schools?
    Better road infrastructure?

Oh by the way, units are actually quite small. To keep quantum affordable and rental yield high.
    No good primary school within 1 km. Hence J Gateway is unlikely to attract young families in this aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff
    No good primary school within 1 km. Hence J Gateway is unlikely to attract young families in this aspect.
    Jurong is a Hugh catchment area, many young families, singles, i know will br going down on 15th june to see.....I will be visiting too...tis project is even more hot than senette residence!

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk
    Jurong is a Hugh catchment area, many young families, singles, i know will br going down on 15th june to see.....I will be visiting too...tis project is even more hot than senette residence!
    Yes, I will also go over to GEM to have a look.

Wahlao I really really very gian to buy this ley. Must go find ammo liao.

More than 5 million sqft of office spaces in Jurong Gateway but only one private condo. C'mon, no-brainer right?

In times now when rental are dipping, this will be probably be the only case that I will hear tenants jostle for rental and not landlords compete for tenants.
    Last edited by sunboy77; 09-06-13 at 22:06.

Wahlao I really really very gian to buy this ley. Must go find ammo liao.

More than 5 million sqft of office spaces in Jurong Gateway but only one private condo. C'mon, no-brainer right?

In times now when rental are dipping, this will be probably be the only case that I will hear tenants jostle for rental and not landlords compete for tenants.
    do not tell me you did not realize it until today.

Do u stay in Jurong? Hahaha.. Only condo in Jurong..... Hahaha... I laugh..... Come Jurong, I treated u drink kopi... Show you around Jurong... How many condo you can consider to rent... And also the HDB next to the condo....

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    Do u stay in Jurong? Hahaha.. Only condo in Jurong..... Hahaha... I laugh..... Come Jurong, I treated u drink kopi... Show you around Jurong... How many condo you can consider to rent... And also the HDB next to the condo....
    Certainly not the only condo, but likely to be the one which commands the highest rent. Potential for capital appreciation wise, ivory heights may be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff
    Certainly not the only condo, but likely to be the one which commands the highest rent. Potential for capital appreciation wise, ivory heights may be better.
    Agree. For a potentially expanded area, it is usually wise to buy the existing one than the new development as the crafty developers will have already squeezed out all the possible profit.

Just compare the Rochester and Heritage view, dover park view. The price of the latter two has already doubled since 2009, while the Rochester, having very little facilities, increased from around 1000-1200psf to 1400-1600psf.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    Agree. For a potentially expanded area, it is usually wise to buy the existing one than the new development as the crafty developers will have already squeezed out all the possible profit.

Just compare the Rochester and Heritage view, dover park view. The price of the latter two has already doubled since 2009, while the Rochester, having very little facilities, increased from around 1000-1200psf to 1400-1600psf.
    Within the next 5-10 years, my guess is prices and rentals for condos at D5 all the way to the Jurong Lake District will continue to climb, or in worst case scenario maintain their current level.

The jem has already been uncovered and even polished for you.