Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 111621263136373839404142434445465156616671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 2455

Thread: JURONG GATEWAY CONDO LAUNCHING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Lol, what a joker you are, why dont you just accept the negative comments of others instead of pointing fingers at others
    If you want to fake a review, at least make it look real, instead of making it look dumb.

Honestly what kind of idiot will rate J Gateway as poor for everything?

Interior / Units - poor?
    Exterior / Common Areas - poor?
    Condo Facilities - poor?
    Transport Links - poor?
    Nearby Amenities - poor?
    Property Management - poor?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I have done my rating in this forum , i wont bother subscribing to ptyguru five times just to post some comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    If you want to fake a review, at least make it look real, instead of making it look dumb.

Honestly what kind of idiot will rate J Gateway as poor for everything?

Interior / Units - poor?
    Exterior / Common Areas - poor?
    Condo Facilities - poor?
    Transport Links - poor?
    Nearby Amenities - poor?
    Property Management - poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    28 june. Probably a sell out project.
    Thanks Allthepies. i am keen to see the response for this project. will be a gauge to the recent news of QE tapering and stock market performance.

Default Consider carefully before committing

I have been following this project and have gone for their VVIP preview 2 weeks back.

I think for most people, they would be buying J gateway for investment. The one and 2 bedders would not have compressed marble or marble flooring. As such, in order for J gateway to have a respectable yield of 3% at least, and assuming a selling price of 780,000 (for the 1 bedder 474 square feet), a one bedder must be rented out for around $2000 a month, or $4.219 per square feet (4.219 *474). Considering that 2 bedders at ascentia sky are renting out on average at $5.19 per square feet, it is subjective if J gateway would be able to fetch this rental price.

Since some of us here feel that at 1650 psf, there is "possibly" little capital appreciation upwards, rental yield or rent would be the area we will be concerned about. The $780,000 does not take into account the normal buyers stamp duty and the ABSD if it is not our first property.

However, if we use Alexis at Queenstown as an example, for similar sized units of around 400 square feet, they are able to rent at around $6.7 psf, which means if J gateway can achieve around 5-6 psf, the rental yield will be respectable. However, it is important to note that in Hillview and bukit batok, the rent psf is around 2-3.50 for larger size units and small units in the west are an untested concept. In addition, as some of you have mentioned, there are many HDBs and condos around at chinese garden/lakeside. If $3000 can get me a 3 bedder (1000 sq feet) there, I would not pay 2.5k to rent a 1 bedder at j gateway.

Considering potential interest rate increases due to FED action and the possibility of an economic downturn, not sure if J gateway is a good project to plunge into. High psf rental are unprecedented in the West and if J gateway can achieve it, it will benefit all in the West. But rentals cannot increase indefinitely. It must be consummerate with current wage levels in the Western part of singapore. the question is whether there will be enough people willing to rent at around 2000 (or more) for a 1 bedder given their wages. Other factors to consider include it being so near to track side and may not be suitable for self stay. The crowds during weekends are tremendous.

For rental investment at 3% gross yield, the net yield (after deducting higher property tax, sinking fund, maintenance fees), will be lower. I am thinking on the side that if I was a potential tenant, I will choose a bigger space, cheaper rent at hillview/bb/lakeside/chinese garden. But of course, some people I agree might want to stay very near the workplace.

In essence, too much uncertainties and I think I will not jump in. However, to those who are buying and win big, then it is good for the west as a whole!

just my 2 cents worth. cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Esso99
    I have been following this project and have gone for their VVIP preview 2 weeks back.

I think for most people, they would be buying J gateway for investment. The one and 2 bedders would not have compressed marble or marble flooring. As such, in order for J gateway to have a respectable yield of 3% at least, and assuming a selling price of 780,000 (for the 1 bedder 474 square feet), a one bedder must be rented out for around $2000 a month, or $4.219 per square feet (4.219 *474). Considering that 2 bedders at ascentia sky are renting out on average at $5.19 per square feet, it is subjective if J gateway would be able to fetch this rental price.

Since some of us here feel that at 1650 psf, there is "possibly" little capital appreciation upwards, rental yield or rent would be the area we will be concerned about. The $780,000 does not take into account the normal buyers stamp duty and the ABSD if it is not our first property.

However, if we use Alexis at Queenstown as an example, for similar sized units of around 400 square feet, they are able to rent at around $6.7 psf, which means if J gateway can achieve around 5-6 psf, the rental yield will be respectable. However, it is important to note that in Hillview and bukit batok, the rent psf is around 2-3.50 for larger size units and small units in the west are an untested concept. In addition, as some of you have mentioned, there are many HDBs and condos around at chinese garden/lakeside. If $3000 can get me a 3 bedder (1000 sq feet) there, I would not pay 2.5k to rent a 1 bedder at j gateway.

Considering potential interest rate increases due to FED action and the possibility of an economic downturn, not sure if J gateway is a good project to plunge into. High psf rental are unprecedented in the West and if J gateway can achieve it, it will benefit all in the West. But rentals cannot increase indefinitely. It must be consummerate with current wage levels in the Western part of singapore. the question is whether there will be enough people willing to rent at around 2000 (or more) for a 1 bedder given their wages. Other factors to consider include it being so near to track side and may not be suitable for self stay. The crowds during weekends are tremendous.

For rental investment at 3% gross yield, the net yield (after deducting higher property tax, sinking fund, maintenance fees), will be lower. I am thinking on the side that if I was a potential tenant, I will choose a bigger space, cheaper rent at hillview/bb/lakeside/chinese garden. But of course, some people I agree might want to stay very near the workplace.

In essence, too much uncertainties and I think I will not jump in. However, to those who are buying and win big, then it is good for the west as a whole!

sounds logical, but this is based on your own thinking, which may not be what tenants are thinking as you are an investor not tenant and your profile may be different from a typical tenant. Do not dismiss young individuals who buy for own stay. These people have different lifestyle preference. As always, many analyst do not really get a good feel of the ground, and not able to truly understand the market.
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

I am very curious why your 2 cents choose to compare J Gateway to Bukit Batok and Hillview condo rental and totally ignore rental rate of condo within Jurong itself?

Have you not heard about The Centris? Caspian? Lakeshore etc?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

With all the super amenities available, no one wants to stay?? For ghost? Stay East or north?

Sound analysis. Some are saying property prices at all time high now, and given the recent stock market chaos, should wait and see if interest rate rise would result in serious repercussions in global economy and property markets. China is also looking weak.

I do not anticipate a rise in rent any time in the near future. Budget for most tenants would be ard $2000 - $4000, I don't see expats companies increasing the rental subsidies if you look at the global market conditions. So going forward, rental yield is going to get lower and lower amidst rising property prices.

Quote Originally Posted by riverfish
    Sound analysis. Some are saying property prices at all time high now, and given the recent stock market chaos, should wait and see if interest rate rise would result in serious repercussions in global economy and property markets. China is also looking weak.

I do not anticipate a rise in rent any time in the near future. Budget for most tenants would be ard $2000 - $4000, I don't see expats companies increasing the rental subsidies if you look at the global market conditions. So going forward, rental yield is going to get lower and lower amidst rising property prices.
    Property around MRT stations will continue to chiong. Buy before URA releases MP2013

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    interested buyers should check out the recent top estuary on finishing quality. A list of flaws. Nowadays developer wants to make fast $ just want to rush the project for early completion. Most of the work were handle by blanga.
    Please check what kind of fence you will be getting.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

I assume you are vested in a small one bedder. If tenants can rent a unit more than twice the size of 400+sqft in j gateway around the same area for the same price , what do you think ? Space is constrained in the central, that is why ppl go to the suburbs to rent bigger units. 400+sqft is also claustrophobic for a spacious place like jurong. If being new is an advantage , tenants may not see it that way if size has to be compromised. Bangla tenants are particularly keen on bigger units unless you are renting to white expat singles or some rich kid studying in canadian intl school.
    Quote Originally Posted by oops
    With all the super amenities available, no one wants to stay?? For ghost? Stay East or north?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I assume you are vested in a small one bedder. If tenants can rent a unit more than twice the size of 400+sqft in j gateway around the same area for the same price , what do you think ? Space is constrained in the central, that is why ppl go to the suburbs to rent bigger units. 400+sqft is also claustrophobic for a spacious place like jurong. If being new is an advantage , tenants may not see it that way if size has to be compromised. Bangla tenants are particularly keen on bigger units unless you are renting to white expat singles or some rich kid studying in canadian intl school.
    The rent for a 1400-1500sqft unit at Ivory Height, is about the same as a 500sqft unit at Caspian condo. But the yield for a 500sq Caspian is better

That is not the norm n not representative of the market in the west which is what i am saying. putting myself in the shoes of the tenant , i would go for a renovated two bedder in an older condo in the area than a tiny one bedder if rental is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    The rent for a 1400-1500sqft unit at Ivory Height, is about the same as a 500sqft unit at Caspian condo. But the yield for a 500sq Caspian is better

They are always people who are willing to pay more for something less.. Don't worry.... When the time comes, we will know whether people will rent anot

with the haze clearing up, hope the quarrels here will subside too...

People staying in the West do not understand those in the East, and vice versa.

Once renting an HDB in Jurong West near NTU for two years more than ten years ago, the rental of HDB there was almost equal to that in Holland village, although the price of HDB there was more than 30% cheaper than Holland Village.

Some people in the East think it is good enough to rent out a house in two weeks. In Jurong West, you can easily rent out a house in half a day, giving a reasonable price. I assure you the price won't be less than equivalent units in the East.

At that time, the rental in Jurong East is not as high due to lack of demand.
    But, things have changed a lot. The rental of Alexis gives me a surprise. This J-gateway will make many people surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill

Once renting an HDB in Jurong West near NTU for two years more than ten years ago, the rental of HDB there was almost equal to that in Holland village, although the price of HDB there was more than 30% cheaper than Holland Village.

Some people in the East think it is good enough to rent out a house in two weeks. In Jurong West, you can easily rent out a house in half a day, giving a reasonable price. I assure you the price won't be less than equivalent units in the East.

But, things have changed a lot. The rental of Alexis gives me a surprise. This J-gateway will make many people surprise.

Thumb up... !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill

Of course if your house is near NTU sure have people rent lah... Really hard to go school last time as NTU really really remote... SMU have MRT, NUS have MRT but how come NTU don't have.. Not fair...

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    Of course if your house is near NTU sure have people rent lah... Really hard to go school last time as NTU really really remote... SMU have MRT, NUS have MRT but how come NTU don't have.. Not fair...
    Judging from the human traffic of JEM, there will be more tenants in Jurong East than NTU vicinity.

....precisely what i am saying....some people are saying this and that based on their own thinking - which they think ALL tenants think likewise.....people who have been staying in big CCR condos would not understand why others have other considerations and preference......you can shout until the cow come home....at the end of the day just let the market speak for itself..just like those who have been and still are talking down MM, but its the MM investors who are having the loudest laugh....
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Stock market bloodbath today. Inauspicious start to the J Gateway launch.

Grim outlook for economy , lots of uncertainty

Quote Originally Posted by riverfish
    Stock market bloodbath today. Inauspicious start to the J Gateway launch.
    The reason why people are buying new launches is because they are buying to make money in 3 to 4 years time, not now. Stock market shock is not going to make much of a different for cash rich buyer.
    Last edited by Ringo33; 24-06-13 at 17:50.

I personally feel J-Gateway might have the replay of the alexis story and 1bedder max cap will be around $3k rental on the average. If you compare both have similar attributes: flanked by larger/older condos, HDB nearby, close to MRT, being the only development with 1bedder, gd catchment area [JLD and Alexandra Biz park]. In fact I find J-Gateway more accessible in terms of close to MRT, flanked by huge malls. Excluding any downsides like unit facing directly to tracks/jams n crowds, 3k rental should not be a problem. Given the fact Alexis is transacted at >800k psf which is FH n smaller than J-Gateway, yield wise should be pretty similar projected around 4.5% [before absd]. Me no vested in J-Gateway however

rising interest rates can erode projected future yield...

50% cash kill many liao.

Quote Originally Posted by NO_7
    50% cash kill many liao.
    Possibly more with ABSD
    Ride or Die

Even though for investment and not own stay, still not good to get mrt facing units right? Or is it ok? Any thoughts?

A friend just gave a blank cheque to q for this condo...and her q number is 1300+

Quote Originally Posted by spikey69
    A friend just gave a blank cheque to q for this condo...and her q number is 1300+
    Assuming half r real buyers, that is probably ard 700 buyers,sufficient to have a complete sale within few weeks.