Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $250m GCB for grab...

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    1) Are you saying that if he redeveloped his GCB, he cannot sell them through public tender? Can tell us which law states that? Or are you making your own law and assumptions?

2) wont selling his GCB through public tender could possibly be conflict of interest to wingtai since potential buyer could also be Wingtai potential customers?
    Selling of new development via public tender is a highly unusual practice. Please let me know if you come across any.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Selling of new development via public tender is a highly unusual practice. Please let me know if you come across any.
    you are not answering my question.

1) Are you saying that if he redeveloped his GCB, he cannot sell them through public tender? Can tell us which law states that? Or are you making your own law and assumptions?

2) wont selling his GCB through public tender could possibly be conflict of interest to wingtai since potential buyer could also be Wingtai potential customers?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

you are not answering my question.

You haven't even answered my question yet.

Please go back to the line of questioning in this thread and substantiate your claim that the scenario is legally 'rubbish by answering the question below.

Since you say its rubbish, please enlighten all here why LEGALLY my scenario in post #52 is not admissible as a potential conflict of interest to be argued in a court of law. Please highlight the specific sections and sub-sections so that all here can learn.

If you can't support your statement then my view of the possibility that CWK could be of the mind that a conflict might exist stands.

First you create a silly argument about conflict of interest, then you come out with a silly assumption about chairman super rich dinner etc, and now you are asking me if legally it is wrong to be silly.

I am sorry, I dont comment on such thing.

But back to my question,

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I am sorry,
    Apology accepted. You can run along now and hound other threads.

Apology.
    aiyo...so childish arh?

aiyo...so childish arh?

Are you refering to this person who has used this multiple times in thread below.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14929

apology accepted.
    Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

but i dont really see a conflict of interest if he redeveloped the plot himself and sold each off piece by piece. caveat: i am not legally trained.
    Thats exactly why I say that wingtai chairman has to give away his property loh..

chairman hosting dinner for super rich to sell GCB....hahaha..

Thats exactly why I say that wingtai chairman has to give away his property loh..

chairman hosting dinner for super rich to sell GCB....hahaha..
    u are taking his statement out of context.
    proper-t did not say chairman hosting dinner for super rich for the purpose to sell GCB.
    he is making an example, when he host dinner for whatever purpose, a super rich MIGHT/MAY....
    his example makes sense, which is why i am keeping quiet not replying to his example yet, i am giving some thought to his example, eg like putting myself as WT shareholder, director etc.

proper-t did not say chairman hosting dinner for super rich for the purpose to sell GCB.
    he is making an example, when he host dinner for whatever purpose, a super rich MIGHT/MAY....
    his example makes sense, which is why i am keeping quiet not replying to his example yet, i am giving some thought to his example, eg like putting myself as WT shareholder, director etc.
    1) If it make sense then wont all employees working for developers not able to buy and sell property since, whoever they sell to could potentially be a potential customer of Wingtai (especially if it is mass market condo).

2) So this lead to my next question. If this is a real concern, then what is this chairman supposed to do with his properties, since the same dinner meeting could possibly take place for whatever property he is selling, including this 300m site.

3) As I have highlighted before, Wee Cho Yaw (Kheng Leong) and Kwek Leng Beng (Hong Leong Holding) also have the own private investment vehicle that does property redevelopment which is in DIRECT competition to UOL and CDL. If what proper-T said about conflict of interest is illegal etc, then how can the company survive and prosperous for so long.

4) As a chairman of WingTai, why would he need to personally promote his own property when he has got real estate firm like JLL handle the sales for them. Even if he does, all sales will have to do through JLL anyway, so where is the conflict of interest.

Like I said before, conflict of interest in this context is rubbish, and thats why proper-t needs to create a silly scenario about a SUPER RICH DINNER PARTY meeting to make the rubbish smell like a chicken pie. Then follow up with a question like is it illegal to make rubbish smells like pie.

Thank you. As chairman of a public listed entity, he has to be careful about all possibilities where there may be a perception of a conflict of interest. That is why I am saying that it could be one of the reasons why he did not embark on the redevelopment of the plot. Even though people may advise him otherwise, why take the risk?

Thank you. As chairman of a public listed entity, he has to be careful about all possibilities where there may be a perception of a conflict of interest. That is why I am saying that it could be one of the reasons why he did not embark on the redevelopment of the plot. Even though people may advise him otherwise, why take the risk?

Wee Cho Yaw and Kwek Leng Beng are both chairman and directors of their respective listed companies and they do have their own private companies that does property investment and development in massive scale and very often they are selling the same class of property to their respective listed company.

So what risk are you talking about?

Conflict of interest? what interest? Wingtai sells GCB? show us which GCB WingTai is selling?

Please have some etiquette. Was I replying to your post? I was thanking hopeful. Please do not cut into other people's conversation. This is not the kind of forum that you usually frequent.

I was hoping for some sammyboy type of information. so disappointed.

Please have some etiquette. Was I replying to your post? I was thanking hopeful. Please do not cut into other people's conversation. This is not the kind of forum that you usually frequent.
    Wee Cho Yaw and Kwek Leng Beng are both chairman and directors of their respective listed companies and they do have their own private companies that does property investment and development in massive scale and very often they are selling the same class of property to their respective listed company.

So what risk are you talking about?

Conflict of interest? what interest? Wingtai sells GCB? show us which GCB WingTai is selling?

Yes. Please continue to reveal to the readers here how rude and uncouth you are. Cutting into other people's conversation and trying to ram your views down people's throat. Please go back to your usual forum.

Potential conflict of interest if he goes into property development himself....
    May I know what rubbish you talking about?

Someone has obviously run out of anything substantive to post. Cut into people's conversation, unrepentant, try to bulldoze their views when nobody wants to pay heed and then taunt people.

Save your shenanigans for your usual forum. You will be much happier there and not be disappointed as indicated by your post below.

Last edited by proper-t; 13-04-13 at 19:59.

Someone has obviously run out of anything substantive to post. Cut into people's conversation, unrepentant, try to bulldoze their views when nobody wants to pay heed and then taunt people.

Save your shennanigans for your usual forum. You will be much happier there and not be disappointed as indicated by your post below.
    Better ask your dad to sell his landed and distribute the money to le you buy hdb. Landed is going down soon

Getting personal? Soon you will bring daughters into the conversation. Continue posting by all means as more and more readers will be appraised of your real colors.

this is as good as saying that you will let your daughters sleep with any millionaires because there is a good chance that they will marry your daughters and then give birth to millionaire babies.

Having said that, may I know why are you so eager to sell our FH land to NC? Self interest? Or are you hoping that your daughter will end up in a Ferrari driven by NC?

Getting personal? Soon you will bring daughters into the conversation. Continue posting by all means as more and more readers will be appraised of your real colors.
    not personal lah, I just thought small kids like you should not post too many nonsense in this forum loh.

conflict of interest? most like sun will rise from the west.

dont side track leh. Tell us what should Wingtai chairman do with his property if everything he sell also conflict of interest

not personal lah, I just thought small kids like you should not post too many nonsense in this forum loh.
    This coming from someone who just called himself childish....

Quote Originally Posted by ringo33

aiyo...so childish arh?

Are you refering to this person who has used this multiple times in thread below.

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14929

apology accepted.

Apology accepted.

Why are you still trying so hard? By your statement below in bold, you have already revealed to all your true intention here.

Better ask your dad to sell his landed and distribute the money to le you buy hdb. Landed is going down soon

this thread is about WingTai chairman selling this GCB leh. why you keep talking about something else?

You said that as Wingtai chairman he cannot redevelop and sell his GCB because of conflict of interest. So I am asking what is he supposed to do with his property? Give it away?

this thread is about WingTai chairman selling this GCB leh. why you keep talking about something else?

You said that as Wingtai chairman he cannot redevelop and sell his GCB because of conflict of interest. So I am asking what is he supposed to do with his property? Give it away?
    Then please explain the relevance of your post below. Pathetic attempt at recovery after you tripped over yourself and revealed to all your true intentions

Then please explain the relevance of your post below. Pathetic attempt at recovery after you tripped over yourself and revealed to all your true intentions
    I believe I have already accomplished my objectives many pages back.

So I guess there is no conflict after all huh.

I believe I have already accomplished my objectives many pages back.

So I guess there is no conflict after all huh.
    If you are so confident then you should just sign off. Why are you trying so hard to press your point across? Even hopeful tends to agree with me and points out that you are taking my statement out of context and my example makes sense. Maybe you should just log off now and continue to live in denial before you make even more delusional statements.

If you are so confident then you should just sign off. Why are you trying so hard to press your point across? Even hopeful tends to agree with me and points out that you are taking my statement out of context and my example makes sense. Maybe you should just log off now and continue to live in denial before you make even more delusional statements.
    ever thought that hopeful might just be trying to patronize you because earlier he did mention that he doesnt think that is any conflict of interest?

in fact, he actually thought that the conflict of interest you are talking about is the chairman selling the site to Wingtai. but then realize you are talking about selling the site to 3rd party..

obviously you didnt pick that up.

ever thought that hopeful might just be trying to patronize you because earlier he did mention that he doesnt think that is any conflict of interest?

in fact, he actually thought that the conflict of interest you are talking about is the chairman selling the site to Wingtai. but then realize you are talking about selling the site to 3rd party..

obviously you didnt pick that up.
    Suddenly not so confident after all. If you believe you achieved your objectives, just sign off. Why bother to continue posting?

Some people have really hit the low point when they have to twist facts to feed their delusional state of mind. His quoted statement below was after I explained everything to him and cited my example in post #88. Readers here can refer to it and know the truth.

Unfortunately, some people here can't handle the truth.

Last edited by proper-t; 13-04-13 at 22:23.

Suddenly not so confident after all. If you believe you achieved your objectives, just sign off. Why bother to continue posting?

Some people have really hit the low point when they have to twist facts to feed their delusional state of mind. His quoted statement below was after I explained everything to him and cited my example in post #88. Readers here can refer to it and know the truth.

Unfortunately, some people here can't handle the truth.

hehe...I started this thread, you came in, talk a bunch of nonsense about conflict of interest, cannot back up what you said, create some a bunch of nonsensical dinner for super rich (#52) and now you say that I should sign off....

If you have nothing to add about conflict of interest, then i think you should stop posting. perhaps you can go back to your REAL FACT about landed property thread. it has been left very quiet for awhile

hehe...I started this thread, you came in, talk a bunch of nonsense about conflict of interest, cannot back up what you said, create some a bunch of nonsensical dinner for super rich (#52) and now you say that I should sign off....

If you have nothing to add about conflict of interest, then i think you should stop posting. perhaps you can go back to your REAL FACT about landed property thread. it has been left very quiet for awhile
    Someone is resorting to personal taunts again.

Perhaps he is having self doubts about achieving his objectives here which is conflicting with his delusional state.

I suppose this is the sort of behaviour that they exhibit when faced with the truth.

P.S. I am leaving the real facts thread untouched for the moment because the last few posts was a classic fumble by you where you indirectly called another forumer 'teddybear' a sua ku.

Everyone needs a good laugh now and then in this forum.
    Last edited by proper-t; 13-04-13 at 23:02.