Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: $250m GCB for grab...

sigh....actually both ringo and proper-t are right.
    the way i see it, both are talking past each other, not to each other.

for ringo, he give the example of other bosses having own private companies to show that it is not illegal to do so because others have already shown the way. thus WT boss also could have set up own private developer.

for propert, he give an example of conflict interest. this is where it get interesting. try as i might to deny, his example seems a valid. if i was an outsider hearing this at the dinner party and buyer chose his bungalow, i would definitely think this boss damn "bad" one. but then again, what is morally wrong may not be legally wrong, that's just the way the world is.
    i am not a psychologist, people's fears are what usually controlled their action. his lawyer may tell him a dozen times it is legally ok, but perhaps his "fear" of being caught in "conflict of interest" situation lead him to another path, as implied by propert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Is that the number of times you have tried for avoid explaining what you have posted in this forum?

No, it refers to the number of times you have resurrected topics from threads where you have lost or stumbled and are trying to redeem yourself.

As highlighted before, since you are of the view that very few readers frequent this thread, why should the number bother you? Please carry on with your extremist line of questioning. I will do my utmost to help you.

You also have not explained what you are trying to say in quote below. Your mental state appears to be deteriorating with these breaks or gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by ringo33
    Actually many people

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

for ringo, he give the example of other bosses having own private companies to show that it is not illegal to do so because others have already shown the way. thus WT boss also could have set up own private developer.

for propert, he give an example of conflict interest. this is where it get interesting. try as i might to deny, his example seems a valid. if i was an outsider hearing this at the dinner party and buyer chose his bungalow, i would definitely think this boss damn "bad" one. but then again, what is morally wrong may not be legally wrong, that's just the way the world is.
    i am not a psychologist, people's fears are what usually controlled their action. his lawyer may tell him a dozen times it is legally ok, but perhaps his "fear" of being caught in "conflict of interest" situation lead him to another path, as implied by propert.
    If you look back this thread I think I did ask 1 simple question.
    What is chairman of wingtai going to do with his property if redeveloping and selling his personal GCBs is considered as conflict of interest?

Wont any sale of property be consider as conflict of interest? In fact is chairman is concerned, then all employee of WingTai should not be investing and selling property liao loh..

So where is the logic? care to explain?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

Thank you very much for acknowledging that it could be a possible reason why he did not embark on the re-development of the property as opposed to selling it via public tender. That is what I have been trying to point out but some people refused to even consider it as a possibility. Chairman and CEOs have different personalities and think in different ways and like you pointed out, some may prefer to take a more cautious approach.
    Last edited by proper-t; 16-04-13 at 09:20.

4 more days to do. Have you guys submitted your bid?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Do you know that apart from MR B, you are being compared to Shawn in another thread? Please carry on with your postings, your infamy and 'fan' club is growing by the day. Soon, you will surpass all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

There is no point to carry on the thread with Shawn, wasting your time and efforts. Similarly, for those engaged in endless argument with Ringo.

Time can be used for making more money

No confirmed buyer for Mr. Wing Tai GCB.

I guess the dinner for super rich was just not good enough.

Looks like someone is reduced to petty little snipes, commenting on storage, reporting news and creating useless polls in this forum....just sad.
    Last edited by proper-t; 17-05-13 at 17:15.

I think Mr. Wing Tai might have to break up his GCB and sell them in smaller plots. Perhaps might even try to redevelop the entire site.

I think Mr. Wing Tai might have to break up his GCB and sell them in smaller plots. Perhaps might even try to redevelop the entire site.

If i got $250mil... I will buy up 60 LANDED (side by side, back to back).. to live in! WOOHOO! PIPE dream..

Or Buy a land and build a 25th storey boutique development for myself..

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    If i got $250mil... I will buy up 60 LANDED (side by side, back to back).. to live in! WOOHOO! PIPE dream..

Or Buy a land and build a 25th storey boutique development for myself..
    $250m should be able to get you a hotel. perhaps you can live in the presidential suite and survive on room service for the rest of your life

Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....Why are you so concerned about Mr. Wing Tai? He is a rich man with many GCBs. This is just one of his GCBs which he is not interested in staying anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MLP
    Haha, Ringo.....Ringo.....Why are you so concerned about Mr. Wing Tai? He is a rich man with many GCBs. This is just one of his GCBs which he is not interested in staying anymore.
    there are almost 5000 views on this thread and there are also similar threads talking about the same subject. And if you are not concern, why are you following this thread in the first place?

Another pointless self contradicting post

Haha, Ringo....Ringo.....Just trying to set a bait for you to get trapped in. Also I find your thread very entertaining with plenty of rubbish stories. Do keep going....

there are almost 5000 views on this thread and there are also similar threads talking about the same subject. And if you are not concern, why are you following this thread in the first place?

Another pointless self contradicting post