Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kepland bids 1163psf ppr for kim tian plot

Surprising to see this amount of interest in such a market.

I suppose this could be the group who have waited on sideline for a long while to invest. Believe most of them are locals. Like I share with R33 in the forum 'Land storm is coming', there is quite a lot of HNW in Singapore and do not underestimate them even with TDSR.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    tis is bullish news for property market , especially after TDSR, ...as long as the location is right, there will be people seeing value in it! I believe TDSR will create alot of ammunition for some in 2 to 3 years time, and property is still the way for investment , unless stock market is attractive!

TDSR rules still allow showing of cash to secure loans. as long as the HNW can show the cash, they can get the loans. as long as they feel its a good deal after paying ABSD, they will still make a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    I suppose this could be the group who have waited on sideline for a long while to invest. Believe most of them are locals. Like I share with R33 in the forum 'Land storm is coming', there is quite a lot of HNW in Singapore and do not underestimate them even with TDSR.

Default After discount

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    i agree with you with regards to the importance of psf in the long run. but rather than say twin regency owners laugh all the way to the bank, what u said below may be more fair.

anyway 1900psf is before discount, but we can safely say standard units average > 1700psf for this new project.
    Think the sold price of 1900psf is already after discount.

Fact of the matter is that they only launched about 1/3 of the available units in the development. So, although 80% of the first phase is sold, that amounts to about 120+ units out of 500 units. So, only 25% is sold. Judging by past experience, the sales will slow down after the initial launch. Keppel still have 75% of the units to sell. Still a long way to go. I think they will end up like Alex Residences which up to now is about 50% sold after one year. But at least they are better than Crest.
    Last edited by triproton; 15-09-14 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by VAR View Post
    Think the sold price of 1900psf is already after discount.
    several units had developer net prices of below 1900psf

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny View Post
    Some nett prices to share share from today sales:
    1 br (506 sqf)
    I. #08-09 = $935K (1,848psf)
    II. #11-09 = $953K (1,883psf)

2BR (667sqf)
    #10-14 = $1,208,000 (1,811 psf)

3BR (915 sqf)
    #8-13 = $1,570.2K (1,716psf)
    #15-13 = $1,634.2K (1,786psf)
    #6-11 = $1,462.7K (1,598psf)
    #9-11 = $1,488K (1,626psf)

several units had developer net prices of below 1900psf
    I see, you are right. I was referring to the 1 bedder of 1900 psf for low unit only as I thought developer only launch the 1 bedroom at the start.

This project is absolutely perfect for young first-time buyers who are unaffected by ABSD: small quantum, "hipster" location (lots of cafes where they can take selfies and post instagram pics), near mrt etc.
    This should be a sellout even at 1900 psf.

wow, so optimistic!

1 bedders seem so ex in psf terms. if they can afford it, they should go for 2 bedders or bigger which are better value.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim1 View Post
    This project is absolutely perfect for young first-time buyers who are unaffected by ABSD: small quantum, "hipster" location (lots of cafes where they can take selfies and post instagram pics), near mrt etc.
    This should be a sellout even at 1900 psf.

I went to the show flat and was told that 1900+ psf for 1 bedder was after a 15% + 7% discount. And the discount will be taken off after last weekend. Anyone can confirm on the latest? Personally, I dare not commit on the smaller size unit. The 3 bedder psf seems more reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by safetyfirst View Post
    I went to the show flat and was told that 1900+ psf for 1 bedder was after a 15% + 7% discount. And the discount will be taken off after last weekend. Anyone can confirm on the latest? Personally, I dare not commit on the smaller size unit. The 3 bedder psf seems more reasonable
    May i ask Why u interested in the 1 bed room unit? Is it for stay or rental? Wat your take is tis project compared to lakeville in Jurong which goes for $1300 psf , so much cheaper, also find rental easier!

I went down more for fact finding only. To be honest, have not really looked at west area so far.

Sometimes it's not just the $$ and what returns you will get. Some people will only stay in a certain neighbourhood. I have a friend who grew up in redhill and he cannot imagine living anywhere not around that area. He eventually bought a 30 year plus walkup apartment there. Plus TBB is now consistently regarded as one of the hippest neighbourhood in the world.

http://www.vogue.com/slideshow/10806...neighborhoods/

http://travel.cnn.com/singapore/life...st-hood-980850

All these intangible appeal will raise the demand for these places and there will be people who are willing to pay more to stay in a part of history and hype.

u just gave agents very good tips on how to market this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Sometimes it's not just the $$ and what returns you will get. Some people will only stay in a certain neighbourhood. I have a friend who grew up in redhill and he cannot imagine living anywhere not around that area. He eventually bought a 30 year plus walkup apartment there. Plus TBB is now consistently regarded as one of the hippest neighbourhood in the world.

http://www.vogue.com/slideshow/10806...neighborhoods/

http://travel.cnn.com/singapore/life...st-hood-980850

All these intangible appeal will raise the demand for these places and there will be people who are willing to pay more to stay in a part of history and hype.

u just gave agents very good tips on how to market this project.
    LOL, actually I also think I should perhaps become an agent for a retirement job. I can probably market a property better than those agents whom I have come into contact with

yes indeed, a lot of the forumers here are so passionate about property. sure to be better than many agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    LOL, actually I also think I should perhaps become an agent for a retirement job. I can probably market a property better than those agents whom I have come into contact with