Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: Home prices moving the right way: Tharman

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You talk like a minister! Then, can you tell me why there are so much hatred n unhappiness everywhere about high cost of living nowadays. Gst is one of the contributor. You thought people like to vent their unhappiness for itching?

Minister, please analyse the situation and then 对症下药! A hungry man is an angry man. No point of doing lip-service here and tell us it has nothing to do with the high cost of living. The people is now smart enough to know how to do their sums and analyse their costs. I'm not too sure for some though
    无知是痛苦的根源。You have the right to continue barking on the wrong tree.

I am not an expert but I do know how GST works.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You know how GST works?
    So you support GST to tax the poor, the retired, the new born, the young children, the unemployed, the disabled as long as they need to drink water, eat, live under a roof? Wow! No wonder people say Singaporeans got no empathy! I am very ashamed to be one here! I am sure I am the majority here while people like you are the minority! I can't believe people like you got no shame!

Quote Originally Posted by bsslang

You know how GST works?
    So you support GST to tax the poor, the retired, the new born, the young children, the unemployed, the disabled as long as they need to drink water, eat, live under a roof? Wow! No wonder people say Singaporeans got no empathy! I am very ashamed to be one here! I am sure I am the majority here while people like you are the minority! I can't believe people like you got no shame!

here we go again with the age old bull...
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Wah here u go again try to goggle n wiki ur way out ? Wat rubbish . Do something new! I m getting bored!
    please, you flatter yourself. do we even need to google to know the definition of a maid? you make the stupid look good.

if maid = business
    then I = Singapore MNC

You talk like a minister! Then, can you tell me why there are so much hatred n unhappiness everywhere about high cost of living nowadays. Gst is one of the contributor. You thought people like to vent their unhappiness for itching?

Minister, please analyse the situation and then 对症下药! A hungry man is an angry man. No point of doing lip-service here and tell us it has nothing to do with the high cost of living. The people is now smart enough to know how to do their sums and analyse their costs. I'm not too sure for some though

I think u are itching leh. u sound like u need a scratch. actually a angry man is a irrational man. a man than can only help himself if he stand up and do some real work instead of blaming the sun, moon, sky , god and the air.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    please, you flatter yourself. do we even need to google to know the definition of a maid? you make the stupid look good.

if maid = business
    then I = Singapore MNC

if maid ia not a business why are u hiring 1? to do charity?

Do you employ a maid? or u adopt a maid? or u befriend a maid? maybe u sian a maid?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

if maid ia not a business why are u hiring 1? to do charity?

Do you employ a maid? or u adopt a maid? or u befriend a maid? maybe u sian a maid?
    WHOA, this is like teaching a kid,

a maid = P-E-R-S-O-N
    maid agency = B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S

so bangla construction workers are businesses, that's why construction firms hire them?????

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, let us see your PSLE cert

WHOA, this is like teaching a kid,

a maid = P-E-R-S-O-N
    maid agency = B-U-S-I-N-E-S-S

so bangla construction workers are businesses, that's why construction firms hire them?????

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, let us see your PSLE cert

so there u go! maid no charge u GST! correct. blind boy!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

enough of repetition, employers incur GST costs just to hire the maid. prove this statement is wrong

eh moron, though this is a tall order but follow the thread of discussion. let me teach you,

1. take a dictionary
    2. go to the last two pages
    3. read
    4. raise your hand and ask teacher if you don't understand

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, high costs of LIVING. iPhone, overseas trip, car etc. If the bottom 3% can earn 2k, then I would say it is a pretty good system so don't screw things up. If not, the bottom 30% earn 2k and below.

Anyway, Singaporeans complain about everything. Build an elderly homes, they also petition. Ask them to build somewhere else. The "somewhere else" residents also started a violent protest.

Build a childcare center, they go to the press and say it disrupt the peacefulness. And you are telling us about unhappiness???

Seems like Singaporeans are unhappy about everything, isn't it?

You always take the bottom few % and paint the scenario like 90% of Singaporeans are damn poor and the remaining 10% are super rich and taking advantage of the 90% poor people.

Talk to them also no use one lah. At first, they say chicken rice $3 include GST. I tell them above 1M then can charge GST. Then they say electricity also need GST. This GST crap started when I said "POOR PEOPLE CAN EAT AT HAWKER WITHOUT PAYING GST - WHILE THE RICH PAY GST AT RESTAURANT".

Whether the hawker need to pay GST or not, who cares. I only know most hawkers have $2.50 food. I attas a bit, go MBFC food court and pay $3.50 ONLY. Clementi still have $1.90 food. Bedok still have $2 food. We take $3 already give so much allowance. Anyway, the topic is about the poor being TAXED MORE. But in fact, the poor don't really get taxed as much as the rich. Because if you are poor, you should be eating at hawker, buy from wet market, no handphone, no luxury items etc. That means minimal GST.

The rich is different. They buy phones, cars, boats etc..

mr bear, it is very natural for human to complain and complain.. including myself...

in fact singaporeans are really good at complaining. they complain even though they are not really affected by the things around them... so dont get too over concern about this noise maker.. though there are sure to have some genunine case lah..

but of course there are some very gracious singaporeans too like most of the forumers here...

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Yeah, high costs of LIVING. iPhone, overseas trip, car etc. If the bottom 3% can earn 2k, then I would say it is a pretty good system so don't screw things up. If not, the bottom 30% earn 2k and below.

Anyway, Singaporeans complain about everything. Build an elderly homes, they also petition. Ask them to build somewhere else. The "somewhere else" residents also started a violent protest.

Build a childcare center, they go to the press and say it disrupt the peacefulness. And you are telling us about unhappiness???

Seems like Singaporeans are unhappy about everything, isn't it?

You always take the bottom few % and paint the scenario like 90% of Singaporeans are damn poor and the remaining 10% are super rich and taking advantage of the 90% poor people.
    though generally true.. but still got a lot of gracious and appreciatiave singaporeans like you and the forumers here...

enough of repetition, employers incur GST costs just to hire the maid. prove this statement is wrong

eh moron, though this is a tall order but follow the thread of discussion. let me teach you,

1. take a dictionary
    2. go to the last two pages
    3. read
    4. raise your hand and ask teacher if you don't understand

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL.. is this all u are good at.? google. wiki and flip dicks?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

I think there is a genuine complain here that:
    1) it is absolutely wrong to tax people who has No income
    2) It is even more wrong to purposely reduce the tax of the rich & then tax the poor even more!

Are you the type that complain only when it affects you otherwise you can't be bothered?
    Luckily there still many righteous people in this world who will up & fight for unfairness even if they are not affected. But surely there are many ugly one like those we are seeing here, black try to twist to become white.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    mr bear, it is very natural for human to complain and complain.. including myself...

in fact singaporeans are really good at complaining. they complain even though they are not really affected by the things around them... so dont get too over concern about this noise maker.. though there are sure to have some genunine case lah..

but of course there are some very gracious singaporeans too like most of the forumers here...

即已知道愚昧是痛苦的根源,还持续被窝在无知深处, 
    断除这个根源需要智慧, 莫待无花空折枝,回首已茫茫矣 

I'm afraid you don't quite understand how it works!

即已知道愚昧是痛苦的根源,还持续被窝在无知深处, 
    断除这个根源需要智慧, 莫待无花空折枝,回首已茫茫矣 

I'm afraid you don't quite understand how it works!
    固执让无知成愚昧。。谦卑自省自救吧!

Bottom 3% earn $2k a month?
    Please be specific, is that individual or household? Is that basic pm or gross pm?
    Irregardless, which ever you have meant also grossly inflated the figure.

If you want people to take what you say seriously, please make sure you get you facts right! It is so obvious that you are talking nonsense & plugging figures from the air just to support you lies!

The real hard truth is that: 9.2% of the households excluding unemployed & retirees households (please read carefully : HOUSEHOLD) has a gross income inclusive of employer CPF (please read carefully : GROSS including employer CPF) of <$2000 pm !

What is the significance of the figure? it means, the household can only have take home cash of only $1481.50 per month.
    If there are 4 members in the family, means each of them only has $370.37 pm to spend! Wow! That amount to you is a lot? Yah right, $370.37 pm can buy 52 plates of chicken rice of $3 each a month, no wonder these people don't even have enough money to fill their stomach & have proper 3 meals a day!

And we are hearing idiots like you saying more GST is OK for them?

Inflated hawker price? You got to the kidding me. $3 one plate, how "INFLATED" it can be...

Bottom 3% earn 2k a month. Don't tell me cannot afford $3 a plate. Not healthy enough, yong tau foo also $3. Not oily enough, carrot cake also $3. One day $10 x 30 days = $300.

Oh wait, I forget the rich earn 1M a year. $3 is nothing to them. It is their fault to be earning 1M a year. Even though they pay $200,000 of income tax while the one earning 2k a month pay $0 income tax.

You raised a very valid point: the top 20% earners pay >80% of total taxes, really alarming!

But on deeper thought, why is this so? Could it really be because the top income earners, by virtue of their high authority, are under paying their subordinates by so much & over-paying themselves by way too too much? If this is the case, shouldn't we have a strong govt to correct this problem? That these people are tremendously enriching themselves & yet they refused to pay more tax & still have the cheek to demand cut in their taxes?

Instead of a strong govt to correct this problem, some are helping them to enrich themselves even more?

When the rich pays a few million dollars worth of tax, no one complain it is a lot. Our tax system is already at 20/80. The top 20% pays 80% of the tax. You want top 10% pay 90% of the taxes, then are Singaporeans prepared to lose their jobs and take cuts in salary? Some might be prepared but I am not.

You are real sharp indeed!

This reminds me of what Warren Buffett previously said that in 1970s, CEO pay is only about 30x that of lowest rank worker. However, now CEO pay is 1,000 to >10,000x more than lowest rank worker. He questioned whether these CEOs now have 3 heads & 6 hands to demand such high multiples of salaries? If this is not GREED then what is it?
    So instead, he ask the govt to tax the rich more. But instead some gov are doing the opposite!

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    You raised a very valid point: the top 20% earners pay >80% of total taxes, really alarming!

But on deeper thought, why is this so? Could it really be because the top income earners, by virtue of their high authority, are under paying their subordinates by so much & over-paying themselves by way too too much? If this is the case, shouldn't we have a strong govt to correct this problem? That these people are tremendously enriching themselves & yet they refused to pay more tax & still have the cheek to demand cut in their taxes?

Instead of a strong govt to correct this problem, some are helping them to enrich themselves even more?
    Originally Posted by thomastansb
    When the rich pays a few million dollars worth of tax, no one complain it is a lot. Our tax system is already at 20/80. The top 20% pays 80% of the tax. You want top 10% pay 90% of the taxes, then are Singaporeans prepared to lose their jobs and take cuts in salary? Some might be prepared but I am not.

Please be specific, is that individual or household? Is that basic pm or gross pm?

If you want people to take what you say seriously, please make sure you get you facts right! It is so obvious that you are talking nonsense & plugging figures from the air just to support you lies!

The real hard truth is that: 9.2% of the households excluding unemployed & retirees households (please read carefully : HOUSEHOLD) has a gross income inclusive of employer CPF (please read carefully : GROSS including employer CPF) of <$2000 pm !

What is the significance of the figure? it means, the household can only have take home cash of only $1481.50 per month.
    If there are 4 members in the family, means each of them only has $370.37 pm to spend! Wow! That amount to you is a lot? Yah right, $370.37 pm can buy 52 plates of chicken rice of $3 each a month, no wonder these people don't even have enough money to fill their stomach & have proper 3 meals a day!

Helping the poor is good intention. But blaming on GST system is not helping them either. Removing it may reduces the poor's cost by merely 7% (e.g. $70 from $1000 monthly expenses) but there are much less taxes government can gain from the rich (e.g. $700 from $10,000 monthly expenses).

GST is fair for all consumers. It is whether you trust the government is helping the poor in coping with additional 7% cost on daily expenses.

Who are the "poor"? Can you define clear what is the definition of the "Poor"?
    I think 80% of Singaporeans are all very poor because they earn less than $3800 pm!

So how many % of these poor has the govt helped after increasing GST to 7%?

I only see that they had clearly & very swiftly helped the top few % rich to reduce their tax by 13%! This is a fact right? You want to clarify more on this fact?

Helping the poor is good intention. But blaming on GST system is not helping them either. Removing it may reduces the poor's cost by merely 7% (e.g. $70 from $1000 monthly expenses) but there are much less taxes government can gain from the rich (e.g. $700 from $10,000 monthly expenses).

GST is fair for all consumers. It is whether you trust the government is helping the poor in coping with additional 7% cost on daily expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    I think there is a genuine complain here that:
    1) it is absolutely wrong to tax people who has No income
    2) It is even more wrong to purposely reduce the tax of the rich & then tax the poor even more!

Are you the type that complain only when it affects you otherwise you can't be bothered?
    Luckily there still many righteous people in this world who will up & fight for unfairness even if they are not affected. But surely there are many ugly one like those we are seeing here, black try to twist to become white.
    Well not necessary person with no income means poor.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Not poor mean can tax more even without income? The purpose is so that those who earn a lot & have authority to change the rule can pay much less tax?

Then why abolish estate duty? It achieve what you say perfectly right?

Well not necessary person with no income means poor.

You are real sharp indeed!

This reminds me of what Warren Buffett previously said that in 1970s, CEO pay is only about 30x that of lowest rank worker. However, now CEO pay is 1,000 to >10,000x more than lowest rank worker. He questioned whether these CEOs now have 3 heads & 6 hands to demand such high multiples of salaries? If this is not GREED then what is it?
    So instead, he ask the govt to tax the rich more. But instead some gov are doing the opposite!

Originally Posted by thomastansb

sharp? lol.. more like twisted argument. So u start a company and u make good profit for the company u mean its not right that u took $ out on the venture the risk n idea and vision that the owner be paid? So am I right to hear we are asking for communist style? Yes to the death to any entrepreneurship?

Am I hearing all u confused mongers right?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Not poor mean can tax more even without income? The purpose is so that those who earn a lot & have authority to change the rule can pay much less tax?

Then why abolish estate duty? It achieve what you say perfectly right?

dont u know without estate duty the $ that goes to financial system is more.? indirectly there are tax from the financial systems to render the HNW parking their $ here. and transactions.

With that it also create a jobs for people to support such industry. in other words it create jobs.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Taxes should be directed at the rentier class. For they are the real "takers" from society, not the poor.

http://www.salon.com/2013/03/25/defe...s_rich_people/

sharp? lol.. more like twisted argument. So u start a company and u make good profit for the company u mean its not right that u took $ out on the venture the risk n idea and vision that the owner be paid? So am I right to hear we are asking for communist style? Yes to the death to any entrepreneurship?

Am I hearing all u confused mongers right?
    nowadays, ceo usually not equal to owner.
    teddy was talking about pay of ceo, not owner.

Actually if u want to argue like u have the hard truth u should also not anyhow pull numbers out of the air.

taking ur assumption of 4 person per house hold. and still under 2K that . 4 X ( population earning between $400-$799). Tats is 3% of population today.

I am very liberal with the no. not taking the lower end statistics of people making less than $400 per mth.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/stat...12YearBook.pdf

Page G7

No one is asking to raise GST. the bear here is saying GST is unfair. I don't agree.

I also not agree in taxation without a cause. Taxing the Rich to make the less rich or poor feel more rich or less poor? thats works? Its not a crime to be rich. So cannot everything blame the Rich. Same as its not a crime to be poor either.

Its enabling the poor to arm themselves with skills to achieve what they want. If they become rich in future they should be made to feel that they have sinned becoz they worked for it.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    nowadays, ceo usually not equal to owner.
    teddy was talking about pay of ceo, not owner.

so company no CEO can function? Some shit happens who that the blame? the receptionist ?

Law suit. kana sue who go to jail?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH