Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Coming!!!

Jalan Lim Tai See Detached 6,523 sqft

Bought 2009-06-09 $603psf $3.93m
    Sold 2013-05-08 $659 $4.30m

Stamp duty : $112,500 + Agent commission : $43,000
    Total : $155,500

Gross profit : $214.5K (1.5% per year)

Another lousing transaction for detached house.

1.5% ROI.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Jalan Lim Tai See Detached 6,523 sqft

Bought 2009-06-09 $603psf $3.93m
    Sold 2013-05-08 $659 $4.30m

Stamp duty : $112,500 + Agent commission : $43,000
    Total : $155,500

Gross profit : $214.5K (1.5% per year)

Another lousing transaction for detached house.

1.5% ROI.
    You must be pretty desperate to start using a cluster house transaction (69C Jalan Lim Tai See). Why don't you show the entire details of the transaction?

To be clear to all readers here. Do you consider this transaction a loss or a profit?

Trying to use an un-defined word as 'lousing' won't help you in your future arguments.

1.5% return on Investment excluding financing cost, property tax, wear and tear repair, etc. Better to just keep money in my CPF account, which is generating 2.5% return
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

You still haven't answered my question.

Do you consider this transaction a loss or profit?

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    You still haven't answered my question.

Do you consider this transaction a profit or loss?
    I will try, but can you tell me what is the meaning of profit in the context of investment.

I will try, but can you tell me what is the meaning of profit in the context of investment.
    Avoidance again. For the sake of equal comparison, use the same basis that the forumers (for e.g bargain hunter) are using in the CCR loss making thread. We shouldn't have double standards.

Now, based on that, I ask again.

bro, dont waste time on him...u can see now nobody want to hew him already. all nonsense...
    Avoidance again. For the sake of equal comparison, use the same basis that the forumers are using in the CCR loss making thread. We shouldn't have double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    bro, dont waste time on him...u can see now nobody want to hew him already. all nonsense...
    Its ok lah. Today a bit quiet. Need some entertainment.

Avoidance again. For the sake of equal comparison, use the same basis that the forumers (for e.g bargain hunter) are using in the CCR loss making thread. We shouldn't have double standards.

depends what is your definition of profit loh. For those who doesnt understand what is time value of money, inflation or cost of money, of course anything that is above 0 is profit.

It funny how someone who is bullishly bragging about all that BIG CAPITAL GAIN of landed property has down end up arguing about positive vs negative.

Perhaps the clearest sign that landed prices are coming down.

Again for those who want to buy landed property, better hold back for now, because STORM is coming.

depends what is your definition of profit loh. For those who doesnt understand what is time value of money, inflation or cost of money, of course anything that is above 0 is profit.

It funny how someone who is bullishly bragging about all that BIG CAPITAL GAIN of landed property has down end up arguing about positive vs negative.

Perhaps the clearest sign that landed prices are coming down.

Again for those who want to buy landed property, better hold back for now, because STORM is coming.
    Haha, ask you a simple question and you don't even dare to answer.

To be in sync with the CCR thread, shouldn't we use the same basis as one of the main contributors i.e. bargain hunter. That way, readers will know that everyone is on the same page in terms of comparison.

So, I ask you again, using the same basis as bargain hunter in the CCR loss making thread, do you consider this transaction a loss or profit?

To be in sync with the CCR thread, shouldn't we use the same basis as one of the main contributors i.e. bargain hunter. That way, readers will know that everyone is on the same page in terms of comparison.

So, I ask you again, using the same basis as bargain hunter in the CCR loss making thread, do you consider this transaction a loss or profit?
    Do you factor in time value, inflation and cost of fund when you calculate your ROI?

Do you factor in time value, inflation and cost of fund when you calculate your ROI?
    Does bargain hunter factor those in when he post loss making transactions in the CCR thread?

My question is very simple. Using the same basis as bargain hunter, do you consider this transaction a loss or profit?

Why do you even need to use other thread to determine what should be discuss here? This is about landed property..

you must be getting desperate and running out of ideas.

Why do you even need to use other thread to determine what should be discuss here? This is about landed property..

you must be getting desperate and running out of ideas.
    Shouldn't we be in sync with the other thread when we are talking about loss making transactions? This would be helpful for all the readers in the forum. You wouldn't want people to accuse you of having double standards.

Since the main contributor in the CCR thread is bargain hunter, let's use his basis of comparison

So for the umpteenth time, using the same basis as bargain hunter in the CCR loss making thread, do you consider this transaction a loss or profit?

bro proper-t, let me do this....

ringo33, what cock u talking?? u want to factor in opportunty cost? u want to factor in what your grandmother can use this fund for?? so many variables. ppl just just you one simple question u just avoid and then bring in so many variables....really....
    Or do u need to use an Oxford dictionary to answer? what definition u talking about? ppl not interested in your personal definition!

Shouldn't we be in sync with the other thread when we are talking about loss making transactions? This would be helpful for all the readers in the forum. You wouldn't want people to accuse you of having double standards.

Since the main contributor in the CCR thread is bargain hunter, let's use his basis of comparison

So for the umpteenth time, using the same basis as bargain hunter in the CCR loss making thread, do you consider this transaction a loss or profit?
    aiyo, nothing to argue then stop posting lah. whats the point of dragging other thread or bargain hunter into this discussion.

If you think that even making $1 per year out of $1m can be argue as profit, then perhaps you explain to us how to consider calculate profit in your investment.

Do you even know what is time value of money, inflation and cost of fund in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    bro proper-t, let me do this....

ringo33, what cock u talking?? u want to factor in opportunty cost? u want to factor in what your grandmother can use this fund for?? so many variables. ppl just just you one simple question u just avoid and then bring in so many variables....really....
    Or do u need to use an Oxford dictionary to answer? what definition u talking about? ppl not interested in your personal definition!
    dont need to use cock, grandmother or Oxford dictionary here.
    We are talking about simple ROI.

If you want to impress us, please put it down in numbers. Name calling etc are meaningless in the context of property discussion.

aiyo, nothing to argue then stop posting lah. whats the point of dragging other thread or bargain hunter into this discussion.

If you think that even making $1 per year out of $1m can be argue as profit, then perhaps you explain to us how to consider calculate profit in your investment.

Do you even know what is time value of money, inflation and cost of fund in the first place?
    The premise is very simple.

The CCR thread has already established a convention for monitoring loss making transactions in this forum with quite a good database and the main contributor is bargain hunter.

Since you want to start monitoring loss making transactions for landed, wouldn't it be logical to use the same convention so that when readers read about a loss making CCR condo for instance vs a loss making landed, they know that the same basis was used to determine that they are indeed loss making.

If you think it should be done differently, please let readers know why. Otherwise, I am sure everyone is interested to know the answer to the simple question below:

Using the same basis as bargain hunter in the CCR loss making thread, do you consider the recent transaction you posted a loss or profit?

The premise is very simple.

The CCR thread has already established a convention for monitoring loss making transactions in this forum with quite a good database and the main contributor is bargain hunter.

Since you want to monitor loss making for landed, wouldn't it be logical to use the same convention so that when readers read about a loss making CCR condo for instance vs a loss making landed, they know that the same basis was used to determine that they are indeed loss making.

If you think it should be done differently, please let readers know why. Otherwise, I am sure everyone is interested to know the answer to the simple question below:

Using the same basis as bargain hunter in the CCR loss making thread, do you consider this transaction a loss or profit?
    Hang on a second. You are again doing what you are best at, twisting facts. paraphrasing and quoting out of context.

Since when did I started this thread to monitor loss making landed property transaction? And since when must forummers post according to your nonsensical rules or you justification on profit and loss. And what has other thread has got to do with what I am posting here?

Please grow up and stand upright like a gentlemen because the storm is coming.

Hang on a second. You are again doing what you are best at, twisting facts. paraphrasing and quoting out of context.

Since when did I started this thread to monitor loss making landed property transaction? And since when must forummers post according to your nonsensical rules or you justification on profit and loss. And what has other thread has got to do with what I am posting here?

Please grow up and stand upright like a gentlemen because the storm is coming.
    post #230

Please help to monitor landed property transaction in the coming weeks, espeacially those who have access to transaction details. what looks like a one off now could very quickly become a trend.
    So we can all presume that you are afraid to answer the question below :

Using the same basis as bargain hunter in the CCR loss making thread, do you consider the recent transaction you posted a loss or profit?

Haha, look at who is twisting his way out of answering the question after I bring up concrete evidence. Readers can follow this thread very easily and form their own judgement you know.

i am surprise that Ringo33 didnt use my post on URA Index.
    i am also surpise nobody else has commented on that post,so not sure whether they understand or not what i am trying to say.
    Since URA index is moving average, the fact that it is flat, would indicate the actual prices for last qtr has dropped somewhat.

those who play stocks for example, would often make use of moving averages. they would have notice that when price fall, the moving average can still rise up a little.
    Last edited by hopeful; 21-05-13 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Since URA index is moving average, the fact that it is flat, would indicate the actual prices for last qtr has dropped somewhat.

those who play stocks for example, would often make use of moving averages.
    In this case, it is different as he is singling out specific transactions very much like what the CCR thread is doing. Shouldn't the same basis be used for consistency?

As for the URA index. I presume you are also referring to the apt and condo segments too as the index for those segments were relatively flat as well.

Haha, look at who is twisting his way out of answering the question after I bring up concrete evidence. Readers can follow this thread very easily and form their own judgement you know.
    Seriously proper-t, do you really expect an answer?

From the series of questions ask by many, the normal reply is another question, more often than a standard "to show the numbers", whatever that means. But I do notice , he is responding to your questions now, in a roundabout manner that brings you nowhere.

You ask 10 times, 11 times also no answer one . I added an additional one as I am sure he have already cut and paste the standard reply somewhere.

I was wondering if Ringo is even a Singaporean or just some foreigner who aspires to be a SG landed owner.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i am also surpise nobody else has commented on that post,so not sure whether they understand or not what i am trying to say.

those who play stocks for example, would often make use of moving averages. they would have notice that when price fall, the moving average can still rise up a little.
    Despite posting this chart countless time, many people in this part of the forum still have no clue of what is happening, and they thought that all those losses that was reported on condo are just isolated cases and will not affect landed because 1) No new supply, 2) Rich new citizen, 3) PSF still cheaper than condo..

But at least people are now lowering their expectation and start arguing if 1.5 or 2% ROI without factoring inflation and other cost, is still profit.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantland

From the series of questions ask by many, the normal reply is another question, more often than a standard "to show the numbers", whatever that means. But I do notice , he is responding to your questions now, in a roundabout manner that brings you nowhere.

You ask 10 times, 11 times also no answer one . I added an additional one as I am sure he have already cut and paste the standard reply somewhere.
    I am sorry, what were you asking again?

I am sorry, what were you asking again?
    Not Talking to you dude. It's proper-T I am addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantland

You ask 10 times, 11 times also no answer one . I added an additonal one as I am sure he have already cut and paste the standard reply somewhere.
    Excellent, you have described him to a tee and that is only with a limited no. of encounters. Well done !

I have zero expectations of him answering any question but just needed some entertainment and in the process, let him reinforce his 'popularity' in this forum. Forumers in the other threads are already 'raving' about him.