Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Coming!!!

Someone still trying to increase his 'fan' base here.

Please tell us how you arrived at and what conclusions you are pointing out in your tide statement?

Does the report show how much debt or liabilities the household have?

Does it show the cash reserves that the household have?

What about rich semi-retirees whose income may be low (say earning only token director's fees for e.g) but sitting on a huge mountain of cash? Does the report show you the actual financial position of such households?

Walk around the nearest mature landed neighbourhood. How many houses do you see with older couples who have lived there for years and probably have zero loans on their property. Their sons or daughter who are still living with them may have just started work.

Household income doesn't prove a thing until you know the full financial position.
    Last edited by proper-t; 04-05-13 at 22:55.

hahaha...you are really funny. you are the one who use the word and i still dont know what are you deducing from the report and u ask me to list down, something wrong with u.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Since you have read the report, why dont you list down

1) What is the average price of Landed property (your estimate)
    2) What is the average household of landed property
    3) What is the average income of person living in landed property.

I am sure if you put them together you will know what I mean by "swimming naked"

Then again, I am not expecting you not to keep talking about the word NAKED because kids always get really excited when they hear adult mentioning words like naked or even sammyboy.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    hahaha...you are really funny. you are the one who use the word and i still dont know what are you deducing from the report and u ask me to list down, something wrong with u.....
    Its impossible to teach the blind how to drive, so I am definitely not going to waste my time doing that.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

hahaha...this is lagi funny, u talk nonsense and then ppl ask u to clarify u say ppl blind....u really got prob, as many can see. who is blind?? i need not say.
    it is good that u dont want to say, becuase that confirm is piece of shit nonsense again, waste my time. now that u dont want to say, then case close...

Its impossible to teach the blind how to drive, so I am definitely not going to waste my time doing that.

hahaha...this is lagi funny, u talk nonsense and then ppl ask u to clarify u say ppl blind....u really got prob, as many can see. who is blind?? i need not say.
    it is good that u dont want to say, becuase that confirm is piece of shit nonsense again, waste my time. now that u dont want to say, then case close...
    No need to discourage him lah. Let him continue to post and fall all over himself. He is revealing himself to more and more people day by day. We don't even have to put in effort. He is just digging the hole deeper and deeper every time he post.

I honestly dont see a point in engaging in this sort of meaningless discussion. If you have a different opinion to what I have posted, why not just present you case with some facts and figure instead of asking pointless questions.

As I said, if you think that landed property still has plenty of head room to move high, then please present your case with facts and figures. (which honestly I doubt you will be able to do so). but dont be ashamed of that because you are not alone.

For the the o
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I am sure if you put them together you will know what I mean by "swimming naked"

Then again, I am not expecting you not to keep talking about the word NAKED because kids always get really excited when they hear adult mentioning words like naked or even sammyboy.
    The PROBLEM with your conclusion is that you must use the average BUYING price of landed property. not the current price.

you need to see how many people bought landed in the past 2-3 years at high prices vs the total stock of landed (70k)

The average household income of landed owners is low just because a lot of them bought their house like 20 years ago.... like my inlaws... Their household income is zero but their house I think cost like 200k 20 years back and is fully paid.

The way you analyse is all WRONG as you don't have the household income of the people who bought recently.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    The PROBLEM with your conclusion is that you must use the average BUYING price of landed property. not the current price.

you need to see how many people bought landed in the past 2-3 years at high prices vs the total stock of landed (70k)

The average household income of landed owners is low just because a lot of them bought their house like 20 years ago.... like my inlaws... Their household income is zero but their house I think cost like 200k 20 years back and is fully paid.

The way you analyse is all WRONG as you don't have the household income of the people who bought recently.
    Several of my neighbours and inlaws neighbours owned landed bought some 40 years ago at $30-40k only, happily retired with zero income, it's their home, even if price crashed jialat jialat also won't sell...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Several of my neighbours and inlaws neighbours owned landed bought some 40 years ago at $30-40k only, happily retired with zero income, it's their home, even if price crashed jialat jialat also won't sell...
    I am happily retired earning only a small salary from my former co as a consultant on a contract basis. My landed is fully paid up and I have no intention of selling.

I really question the motives of TS. Always posting all these negative comments and trying to talk down the market. So many have tried aka Mr Basic etc. and failed miserably.

For the the o
    Cat got your tongue?

Pray continue with your postings...your 'fan' base is expanding

Quote Originally Posted by equalizer
    I really question the motives of TS. Always posting all these negative comments and trying to talk down the market. So many have tried aka Mr Basic etc. and failed miserably.

thanks for pointing that out....i was thinking that I will be wasting my time again thats why i dont mind whatever he says....he thought he knows everything.

With a greeting population, household income will not be a good barometer. They should use an additional parameter , networth of people in a household.
    Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Someone still trying to increase his 'fan' base here.

Please tell us how you arrived at and what conclusions you are pointing out in your tide statement?

Does the report show how much debt or liabilities the household have?

Does it show the cash reserves that the household have?

What about rich semi-retirees whose income may be low (say earning only token director's fees for e.g) but sitting on a huge mountain of cash? Does the report show you the actual financial position of such households?

Walk around the nearest mature landed neighbourhood. How many houses do you see with older couples who have lived there for years and probably have zero loans on their property. Their sons or daughter who are still living with them may have just started work.

Household income doesn't prove a thing until you know the full financial position.

Properties are bought to be kept especially FH landed near or in city. It should be preserved.
    I am happily retired earning only a small salary from my former co as a consultant on a contract basis. My landed is fully paid up and I have no intention of selling.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Properties are bought to be kept especially FH landed near or in city. It should be preserved.
    110% agree

Preserve and pass them on as gift if you have children. They may be able to afford one in the future but at high $psf. It is better for them to invest in other real estate or other investment tools. You can even leave a legacy with your name on the land titles.
    110% agree

With a greeting population, household income will not be a good barometer. They should use an additional parameter , networth of people in a household.
    A lot of sensitive information will need to be collated.

Like in any investment, nobody is interested in historical price, what investors are more interested to know is how the price will move from here.

If you think that the report is pointless, then let me ask, why should government bother about sky high property price since many of these properties were bought long time ago? Perhaps government should only be concern about CM for NEW properties then?

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    The same applies to all property, not just for landed property only

If thats your only property you have and you cant afford to take anymore housing loan because of your retirement, then you really dont have a choice. But that doesnt mean that when you are being happily retired price of landed property will not crash.

So in your opinion, do you think that landed property price will continue to surge ahead like what we have seen in the past few years?

Hahaha, u are completely insane & silly....the report is not for u to use as a tool to predict whether the landed price will move higher or clash, if u choose to use it in this way, so be it, but I see nobody supporting your idea. Anyone?? Another silly question u brought up.....let me ask u back, did govt implement any CM just for landed?? Since it has rocket so high as u said, so govt should right?? Silly right, u still don't get it don't u? The CM is not targeted in any specific segment in general!

Like in any investment, nobody is interested in historical price, what investors are more interested to know is how the price will move from here.

If you think that the report is pointless, then let me ask, why should government bother about sky high property price since many of these properties were bought long time ago? Perhaps government should only be concern about CM for NEW properties then?

Don't be silly la, who say it will continue to surge like what it has but nobody say it will crash either....get it? I would say the price will be gradually moving upwards, in accordance to the general market sentiment!!! This is my logical assessment of the current situation barring any unforeseen circumstances.

If thats your only property you have and you cant afford to take anymore housing loan because of your retirement, then you really dont have a choice. But that doesnt mean that when you are being happily retired price of landed property will not crash.

So in your opinion, do you think that landed property price will continue to surge ahead like what we have seen in the past few years?

Hahaha, u are completely insane & silly....the report is not for u to use as a tool to predict whether the landed price will move higher or clash, if u choose to use it in this way, so be it, but I see nobody supporting your idea. Anyone?? Another silly question u brought up.....let me ask u back, did govt implement any CM just for landed?? Since it has rocket so high as u said, so govt should right?? Silly right, u still don't get it don't u? The CM is not targeted in any specific segment in general!
    Household income report is a good indicator of affordability because if the household income remain stagnant or doesnt rise as quickly as price of property, then there is a bubble

Having said that, I am not expecting you to understand what I am talking about because you can never teach the blind how to drive. So please dont try to pretend like you understand what you are saying.

Someone is trying his best to try to twist and turn his way out of his fumble.

People have demolished his statements and now he talks about investments, prices and affordability. Can the poster below please enlighten all readers here the point you are trying to make in your statement below and how you came to your conclusion using the household income report.

Last edited by proper-t; 05-05-13 at 20:52.

Thumbs up

I long time nvr post, like your quote as always!

I have more than sufficient cash reserves/investments to support my remaining years with enough left over for tidy trust funds for my kids and I'm sure your household income report won't tell you that. The landed is not my only property but if push comes to shove, I will definitely preserve my landed and sell the rest.

You really know how to switch topic. Did I ever say that landed prices won't crash? You were insinuating that landed owners would be caught swimming naked when the tide goes out and that it could be deduced from the household income report.

If you can't prove it via your household income report or other data, then please stop making such insinuations and stop trying to switch topic by asking people's opinion about whether landed prices will continue to surge ahead. I usually don't like to be too harsh, but after reading through all your posts, your credibility is really in question.

I have more than sufficient cash reserves/investments to support my remaining years with enough left over for tidy trust funds for my kids and I'm sure your household income report won't tell you that. The landed is not my only property but if push comes to shove, I will definitely preserve my landed and sell the rest.

You really know how to switch topic. Did I ever say that landed prices won't crash? You were insinuating that landed owners would be caught swimming naked when the tide goes out and that it could be deduced from the household income report.

If you can't prove it via your household income report or other data, then please stop making such insinuations and stop trying to switch topic by asking people's opinion about whether landed prices will continue to surge ahead. I usually don't like to be too harsh, but after reading through all your posts, your credibility is really in question.
    Your retirement and your existing landed property really has got nothing to do with the intend of the thread or how the market will react in a crisis.

It is pretty obvious from the household report that income of landed household has not kept up with the unsustainable rise in the price of landed property. The same can also be said about luxury apartment that cost more than most landed property, hence we are starting to see many being depose off at huge loses.

If you disagree with this, perhaps you might want to tell us why you think that current landed property price is still affordable and sustainable.

Btw, back in 1997, there are many landed property owner who owes fully paid landed property etc, and that has not stop it from crashing hard during crisis.

Here is a snap shot of historical price movement for property in Singapore. Pretty obvious that the same bubble is developing and i am certain that history is about to repeat itself pretty soon. Perhaps when interest rate rises.

As I see it, I believe the reason why detached houses always spike at the peak of the property cycle is because of greed. After making money from condo, terrace and maybe semi, people are placing bigger bet on detached houses with hope they will make even more money.

hehehee...i also getting harsh for when i see such post....your brain grow on backside is it?

how to have household income kept up with property price? did your household income rise as much as your EC? answer this...in 5 yrs property price doubled, can your household income double? If not, then you will sell off your property at huge loses?? What logic is this?

what do you mean by landed property still affordable?? Is porsche affordable? so the price sustainable?

Back in 1997, which property segment never drop? dont show the rubbish chart again la.

It is pretty obvious from the household report that income of landed household has not kept up with the unsustainable rise in the price of landed property. The same can also be said about luxury apartment that cost more than most landed property, hence we are starting to see many being depose off at huge loses.

If you disagree with this, perhaps you might want to tell us why you think that current landed property price is still affordable and sustainable.

Btw, back in 1997, there are many landed property owner who owes fully paid landed property etc, and that has not stop it from crashing hard during crisis.

Your retirement and your existing landed property really has got nothing to do with the intend of the thread or how the market will react in a crisis.

Did you even get what I am saying? I am not here to argue with you over landed prices crashing but the fact that you insinuated that landed owners would be caught swimming naked when the tide goes out and deducing it from the household income report. Already a few bros have pointed out the fallacy of using that report which you have not rebutted at all. All you have done is switch topic and try to divert attention away from the fact that you could not substantiate your insinuations.

Did you even get what I am saying? I am not here to argue with you over landed prices crashing but the fact that you insinuated that landed owners would be caught swimming naked when the tide goes out and deducing it from the household income report. Already a few bros have pointed out the fallacy of using that report which you have not rebutted at all. All you have done is switch topic and try to divert attention away from the fact that you could not substantiate your insinuations.
    If landed property owner are as rich and wealthy as what many here is saying, then I dont see why household income is not reflecting it and landed property price could crash so badly during past crisis.

If that is not call "swimming naked" as a figure of speech, then what is?