Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iwantland
    I laugh when I see this. Selective reading indeed quoted from the Master of one. By the way strata titled is not the same as landed.Landed is price on psf of land. Strata is price on psf of buildup. ( I guess most already know that here with the exception of one) If using your logic, then land is indeed underprice as most buildup ( discounting GCB ) are higher than land psf stated in Ura. Thanks for unlocking this hidden gem!

By the way 4.5% increase does not equate to a decrease in price like what you earlier wrote. So great job on shooting your own foot and for being so willing to show us how you did it.

After reading past pages, i see we have a joker here. Hilarious. Don't stop, keep the jokes coming R, you are doing a good job.
    Thank you very much for highlighting the difference in strata and landed. glad to learn something new today.

I have made a comparison on the transaction volume, land price and unit size from Jan 12 to Apr 13, here are some interest facts

* record low transaction volume in Mar 13
    * record low average unit size of 2513sqft in Mar 13, which explain the high psf price of $1933 psf
    * Lowest psf price in Apr 13 since Apr 12

Pretty obvious that the new CMs introduce in Jan 13 is starting to affect the landed property market. And perhaps, the market is also moving towards strata landed due to higher rental yield.

"Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Thank you very much for highlighting the difference in strata and landed. glad to learn something new today.

I have made a comparison on the transaction volume, land price and unit size from Jan 12 to Apr 13, here are some interest facts

* record low transaction volume in Mar 13
    * record low average unit size of 2513sqft in Mar 13, which explain the high psf price of $1933 psf
    * Lowest psf price in Apr 13 since Apr 12

Pretty obvious that the new CMs introduce in Jan 13 is starting to affect the landed property market. And perhaps, the market is also moving towards strata landed due to higher rental yield.

Haha..as usual, witholding critical information.

You failed to mentioned that the highest psf price in D.11 over the past 12 mths was $2,669 psf achieved on 18 Apr 2013 and

The highest psf price in district 20 over the past 12 months was was $1,858 psf achieved on 22 Apr 2013

Does it look like market is tanking?

The chart above is only for D 10,11,12, and using average numbers are the most accurate for comparison instead of cherry picking 1 or 2 transactions to tell the world that everything is well.

The sharp drop in transaction volume is an important sign that investor needs to pay attention because it shows that buyers and sellers price expectation are no longer inline.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

The chart above is only for D 10,11,12, and using average numbers are the most accurate for comparison instead of cherry picking 1 or 2 transactions to tell the world that everything is well.

The sharp drop in transaction volume is an important sign that investor needs to pay attention because it shows that buyers and sellers price expectation are no longer inline.
    Again withholding critical information. Transaction volume for all segments fell after the CM. Care to share the data for non landed segments too?

I am impress you actually acknowledge that you do not know the difference. So I guess all you assumptions are wrongly deduced. Gish what a revelation !

Quote Originally Posted by iwantland
    I am impress you actually acknowledge that you do not know the difference. So I guess all you assumptions are wrongly deduced. Gish what a revelation !
    I have removed strata landed transaction before plotting the chart. It still show the same trend. average price of landed in Apr is down. lowest since sep 2012.

I have removed strata landed transaction before plotting the chart. It still show the same trend. average price of landed in Apr is down. lowest since sep 2012.
    The transaction volume of all segments of property fell with imposition of the CM.

Since you are saying that landed will crash and non-landed will not, could you explain how your data proves your point if you do not have corresponding data on non-landed for comparison?

Just heard that one of my relative, who have been thinking of buying a landed property in Singapore, has just bought a 3500sqft FH semi d in iskandar as retirement home.

I think he has made the right decision because the potential upside for landed property in Iskandar will be much better than Singapore.

Plus with all the new MAS regulation on tax evasion, I believe many rich foreigners will be thinking of parking the fund else where.

So if you are thinking of buying landed property in Singapore. it might be better to wait because storm is coming.

Just heard that one of my relative, who have been thinking of buying a landed property in Singapore, has just bought a 3500sqft FH semi d in iskandar as retirement home.

I think he has made the right decision because the potential upside for landed property in Iskandar will be much better than Singapore.
    So why don't you join your relative and buy a house there? Hmmm, didn't you advise someone in this forum NOT to buy a house in Malaysia. You mean you didn't share your 'pearl of wisdom' with your relative?

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    I said to buy a Msian property to live in using income from renting out a PC in Sg.....if rental is SGD4K this will be $10K RM..... enough to pay off $2M + RM loan.....of course you do not neck get a RM$2M + property, RM$1M can get you a decent Demi-D Cluster....over 3500Sqft built-up.
    To buy a Malaysia property, you will need to put in sizable down payment as interest rate in MY is a lot higher than in Singapore. So it will not be worth while if one need to take up 70% loan for a Malaysia property.

I believe that rental market for Malaysia property is pretty lousy bad, so it might make more sense to actually park your money in another Singapore property and then use your rental to pay for your rent in Malaysia.

Advantage is that you are mobile and you can choose to return to Singapore anytime you want without having to worry about mortgage payment for your Malaysia property.
    Plus with all the new MAS regulation on tax evasion, I believe many rich foreigners will be thinking of parking the fund else where.

So if you are thinking of buying landed property in Singapore. it might be better to wait because storm is coming
    Oh dear, someone doesn't know that rich FOREIGNERS cannot buy landed in SG unless they obtain approval. Looks like all the high end and luxury condos and apts are going to face the 'storm' instead. On the hand, rich NEW Citizens can buy landed...
    Last edited by proper-t; 17-05-13 at 17:54.

Sentosa Cove transaction has already slow to a halt and it has been awhile since we have heard of rich chinese buying up landed property in Sentosa with bag of cash.

If you have been following the news, many analysts have also projected that luxury home price is coming down.

So if you think that landed property is still invincible, then good luck with your money.

On side note, its funny that condo investors in this forum could openly discuss about condo being sold at lost and not disputing that large quantum condo prices are on the decline, but for landed property owner (I wont even call them as investor), they just find it hard to accept the fact that landed property price has already peaked.

Sentosa Cove transaction has already slow to a halt and it has been awhile since we have heard of rich chinese buying up landed property in Sentosa with bag of cash.

If you have been following the news, many analysts have also projected that luxury home price is coming down.

So if you think that landed property is still invincible, then good luck with your money.

On side note, its funny that condo investors in this forum could openly discuss about condo being sold at lost and not disputing that large quantum condo prices are on the decline, but for landed property owner (I wont even call them as investor), they just find it hard to accept the fact that landed property price has already peaked.

Haha...bring up Sentosa cove because those are the only landed properties where FOREIGNERS can get fast track approval to buy.

Oh btw, guess who is predicting a global recession is going to happen between 2014 and 2015? Let's monitor this closely, shall we?

I am guessing that the announcement for next IR will happen during the next global recession. And this could possibly happen between 2014 and 2015, round the same time when the 10 years exclusive gaming license is expiring

I think your comments cover condo in Iskandar as well....ask your relative to buy 3 condo instead of one landed, that would be wiser ... Landed no yield one, some more in JB, get condo don't be silly...Don't buy in Sin, OCR getting to 1500psf as norm soon, how to be sustainable?? Average Household income of 16k how to afford a average 2mil condo....condo storm coming....

So if you are thinking of buying landed property in Singapore. it might be better to wait because storm is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I think your comments cover condo in Iskandar as well....ask your relative to buy 3 condo instead of one landed, that would be wiser ... Landed no yield one, some more in JB, get condo don't be silly...Don't buy in Sin, OCR getting to 1500psf as norm soon, how to be sustainable?? Average Household income of 16k how to afford a average 2mil condo....condo storm coming....
    he is buying retirement home, not interest about yield.

he is buying retirement home, not interest about yield.
    If 95% owner for landed not interested about yield.. Meaning the 5% who bought higher during the last 2-yr dun even bother it??

Storm is coming.

Jalan Sejarah Detached 7,352sqft

Bought : 2011-05-23 $1,741psf $12.8m
    Sold : 2013-05-06 $1,904psf $14.0m

Less than 2 years, 12% SSD = $1.68m + stamp duty $378.6K + 1% agent commission $140K
    Total : $2.20m

Lost : ($1,000,000)

Wilkinson Road Semi-Detached 3,455sqft

Bought 2010-11-29 $767psf $2.65m
    Sold 2013-05-03 $839psf $2.9m

SSD $30.8k + stamp duty $74.1K + 1% commission $29K

total $133.9K

Profit : $120k or 2% per year.

Storm is coming.

Less than 2 years, 12% SSD = $1.68m + stamp duty $378.6K + 1% agent commission $140K

Wilkinson Road Semi-Detached 3,455sqft
    Bought 2010-11-29 $767psf $2.65m
    Sold 2013-05-03 $839psf $2.9m

SSD $30.8k + stamp duty $74.1K + 1% commission $29K

total $133.9K

Profit : $120k or 2% per year.

Price went up from $1,714psf to $1,904psf means storm is coming ?

Make profit of $120K means storm is coming?

Maybe you can also explain to readers here why you think we are headed for a global recession in 2014/15?

I am guessing that the announcement for next IR will happen during the next global recession. And this could possibly happen between 2014 and 2015, round the same time when the 10 years exclusive gaming license is expiring

Storm is coming.

Wow!! Like that also can "twist".. No wonder you are being called "TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT"

You win lor

Since you are good in numbers & only believe in fact & figure.
    I'll show you "storm is coming" numbers from URA
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-24a1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Wow!! Like that also can "twist".. No wonder you are being called "TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT"

You win lor

Since you are good in numbers & only believe in fact & figure.
    I'll show you "storm is coming" numbers from URA
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-24a1.pdf
    Don't just post the link without telling us what you are trying to say leh. What are you trying to tell us?

Don't just post the link without telling us what you are trying to say leh. What are you trying to tell us?
    Better than people who say a global recession is coming between 2014 & 2015 without any explanation at all.

Rysk, looks like you are spot on about him resembling another infamous poster in this forum.

I am guessing that the announcement for next IR will happen*during the next global recession. And this could possibly happen between 2014 and 2015,*round the same time when the 10 years exclusive gaming license is expiring

From this

"A global recession could possibly happen between 2014-2015"

it has now been twisted to become

"a global recession is coming between 2014 & 2015"

someone must be very desperate.

From this

so please enlighten all readers here why a global recession could possibly happen between 2014 and 2015. Practise what you preach and provide supporting facts and numbers to back your claim.

Storm is coming.

Bro, price went up 9.4% over 2 years despite the latest cooling measure.

Haha, Ringo....Ringo.....Why pick one or two transactions and then claimed "Land storm is coming"? Did you fail your statistics in schools?

Storm is coming.

Default 5 Ways Statistics Are Used to Lie to You Every Day.

http://www.cracked.com/article_20318...ie-to-you.html

Statistics don't lie, but people do use statistics to lie. Statistics is simply a tool like a knife is a tool it can be used for good or evil. The user determines which. When in service to the truth, statistics are for the good. When in service to a lie, the evil of deception ensues.

http://str.typepad.com/weblog/2012/0...stics-lie.html

“There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics.”
    ― Benjamin Disraeli

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/lies

“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
    ― Adolf Hitler
    Last edited by Arcachon; 18-05-13 at 13:30.

From this

From this?? From what leh???

Till now I still dun know from what that global recession could happen between 2014-2015.. "TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION MR "

Last edited by Rysk; 18-05-13 at 19:28.

Storm is coming.
    Last edited by Rysk; 18-05-13 at 19:28.

Storm is coming.

So this single transaction is what you called "Land Storm is Coming"!!
    Anyway, this is not new.. cos MR B had used the same tactics before..

I think not only that you are awarded as "TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT"... soon you'll be awarded as "YOUNG KOK cum INEXPERIENCE".........

Even MR B & MR SMARIAN.. both will salute to you..

As I have said before, landed property sector always like to take cue from what detached housing property are doing. Its obvious from the URA housing data that detach housing price has peaked, transaction is harder to come by, and now we are starting to see transaction losing money.

This is in total opposite of all the bull stories that have been reverberating in this forum.

Anyone thinking of buying landed property should reconsider or only buy if you can find a really good firesale.