Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Land Storm is Coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    You mean URA's data is not truth??

Come on.. Prove it.. what do you mean by "now we are seeing landed property selling at loss"
    by simply quoting URA is no use unless you know how to use those information. So for your case, you quoted the link from URA, like you are trying to tell us something. I am just curious what is that something you want to tell us. Then you said that Q12013 price is highest. Then I am asking how are you able to tell its highest just by look at the table you posted. So were you lying?

As for landed property selling at loss, you might want to ask around, I am sure forummers here will be able to point you towards that information.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    As for landed property selling at loss, you might want to ask around, I am sure forummers here will be able to point you towards that information.
    Oh!! So finally you confess that you have no prove (as I already know it ).. And base on asking forummers around only.. And so you decide to post "Land Storm is Coming"??

I'm just curious who you asked.. can you name a few of them or show me their post??

The smoke screen you are trying to create here is actually what we call Return of Equity.

. Technically you are correct that 2% per year capital gain (excluding all other related expenses) is still a profit, but from investor point of view, that is actually a very lousy investment that is not worth considering unless the property offers very high rental yield. which I doubt so because its a landed property.
    Ringo, no smoke screen, I lay my cards straight. I think you are the one with the smoke grenades.

By the way I am pointing out that 2% is a gain and I am glad you realise it is technically correct. But I guess in your realistic world a 2 % gain would mean a loss. Where in the world a gain would reflect " landed property selling at a loss" ? Your statements confuses me, or perhaps you are just disllusional.

Regardless it is really pointless to educate you on the meaning of gain, loss or crash. As far as I can tell you equate making profits to a loss using assumptions only understood by yourself.

At the end of the day, you are still providing me free entertainment, so for that I give you props.

Quote Originally Posted by iwantland
    Are you assuming owner pays full in CASH?
    If he only pays 30% Cash ( 0.8 M )70 % loan, he would made a return of 15 % or 7.5 % per year.
    (In case you need numbers to prove, 120 K / 800 K = 15 %)

Sounds like a good investment to me.

I don't think the majority buy house with 100% cash. If you do, good for you.

By the way, when price increase even by a mere 2%, it is in no way a crash.
    Preschool maths 1+1=2 , not -2

I am no maths whiz, but your logic is way off R33. Try harder...

just curious ... bought and sold within 3 years ... if its the same unit ... owner sure kana SSD ... building that SSD into the equation ... I don't think theres any profit ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    just curious ... bought and sold within 3 years ... if its the same unit ... owner sure kana SSD ... building that SSD into the equation ... I don't think theres any profit ...
    Bought before jan 2011, so ssd is 1/3 buyer stamp duty which r33 had already included in his calculation.

Still a profit lah..

Ringo, no smoke screen, I lay my cards straight. I think you are the one with the smoke grenades.

By the way I am pointing out that 2% is a gain and I am glad you realise it is technically correct. But I guess in your realistic world a 2 % gain would mean a loss. Where in the world a gain would reflect " landed property selling at a loss" ? Your statements confuses me, or perhaps you are just disllusional.

Regardless it is really pointless to educate you on the meaning of gain, loss or crash. As far as I can tell you equate making profits to a loss using assumptions only understood by yourself.

At the end of the day, you are still providing me free entertainment, so for that I give you props.
    before you get all excited and bubbly, I just wish to let you know that there has been a trend of people in this forum who like to quote a discussion out of context, twist the fact and then use it as an argument. Which IMO is a sign of desperation.

In your case, perhaps you should look back and ask yourself if ringo33 has actually say that the this particular transaction, (which ringo33 has posted himself) the seller is making a loss? Or was it something that was fabricated by yourself just to make yourself look smart.

Do mean that Ringo33 could calculate the SSD, stamp duty and agent commission but he cannot tell the different between 120K profit or loss?

Again, sorry to bust your smoke screen again.

Wilkinson Road Semi-Detached 3,455sqft 839

Bought 2010-11-29 $2.65m
    Sold 2013-05-03 $2.90m

SSD $27.2K + stamp duty $74,100 + 1% agent commission $29K
    total $130.3K

Profit $120k. Return 2% per year?

This is provided seller didnt spend money on intensive renovation.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

before you get all excited and bubbly, I just wish to let you know that there has been a trend of people in this forum who like to quote a discussion out of context, twist the fact and then use it as an argument. Which IMO is a sign of desperation.

In your case, perhaps you should look back and ask yourself if ringo33 has actually say that the this particular transaction, (which ringo33 has posted himself) the seller is making a loss? Or was it something that was fabricated by yourself just to make yourself look smart.

Do mean that Ringo33 could calculate the SSD, stamp duty and agent commission but he cannot tell the different between 120K profit or loss?

No twisting or argument here. just quoting you directly.

Scroll back and stop quoting out of context or ask sily question. This is extremely childish.

2% return per year is pathetic,in fact I would consider loss after factoring in inflation and other cost related to property.

So much for all that big talk about capital appreciation

proper-T, how many user accounts do you have in this forum, how come keep using different username to reply my post? very confusing leh

Are you trying to divert attention again. I can assure you that I am not iwantland. Let's not talk about proper-t and get back to the topic at hand. You challenged people to look back. I looked back and found the post. Did you write the sentence I quoted above or not?
    Last edited by proper-t; 20-05-13 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Are you trying to divert attention again. I can assure you that I am not iwantland. Let's not talk about proper-t and get back to the topic at hand. You challenged people to look back. I looked back and found the post. Did you write the sentence I quoted above or not?
    No diverting, because I noticed there are many user here taking turns to reply my post leh. Perhaps not iwantland. but do you have other account in this forum?

So you now you are diverting your attention into argument about English.

Ok, do you not noticed those words written in RED?
    What was the average inflation for the past 3 years? Was it above 2%?
    Also what about bank borrowing cost and cost of money?

2% return per year is pathetic,in fact I would consider loss after factoring in inflation and other cost related to property.

No diverting, because I noticed there are many user here taking turns to reply my post leh. Perhaps not iwantland. but do you have other account in this forum?

How convenient that you ignored the words in blue.

How convenient that you ignored the words in blue.
    aiyo, how could you possibly split my sentence into 2 and then pick what you like? Do you not understand that the sentence is supposed to read in its entirety?

Did you just hit your head against something hard?

aiyo, how could you possibly split my sentence into 2 and then pick what you like? Do you not understand that the sentence is supposed to read in its entirety?

Did you just hit your head against something hard?
    Please tell us all how you interpret the whole sentence then?

"in fact I would consider loss after factoring in inflation and other cost related to property."

Please tell us all how you interpret the whole sentence then?

"in fact I would consider loss after factoring in inflation and other cost related to property."
    Yes, that is correct. with 2% gross margin, I would consider that as loss after factoring inflation and other cost related to property.

Before you to any further, may I know if you study time value of money in your school days and if you do understand the meaning of inflation??

If NO, then I dont think there is any point in continuing this discussion.

Please do me a favor, bring back Iwantland, maybe he will understand

many ppl take turn to press this nonsense ringo33 but it just wont rest...continue to talk nonsense and avoid replying ppl's question. avoid here and there, divert attention...and then can still be so steady like nothing happen. Well done man...
    non landed got loss making transaction, so storm coming?

What was the average inflation for the past 3 years? Was it above 2%?
    Also what about bank borrowing cost and cost of money?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    many ppl take turn to press this nonsense ringo33 but it just wont rest...continue to talk nonsense and avoid replying ppl's question. avoid here and there, divert attention...and then can still be so steady like nothing happen. Well done man...
    non landed got loss making transaction, so storm coming?
    ask proper-t, he will tell you more.

Yes, that is correct. with 2% gross margin, I would consider that as loss after factoring inflation and other cost related to property.

Before you to any further, may I know if you study time value of money in your school days and if you do understand the meaning of inflation??

If NO, then I dont think there is any point in continuing this discussion.

Please do me a favor, bring back Iwantland, maybe he will understand
    Nuff said. I rest my case.

Don't be sorry, its ok that you are disillusional. I can figure that out from your reply.

I am not quoting out of context as Proper T rightly point out.
    By the way do not simply imply I am Proper T without getting the facts right. For someone who refer himself as a third party Ringo33, I seriously think you are trying to alienate yourself to disassociate from your own quotes.

By the way, I do not reply to your quotes often, because most of the time you do not make sense. I just do not know how to reply to senseless argument... i.e. you make a loss when you made a gain???

Aiyah... . I will just stay sideline and watch the entertainment till you make another attempt at hawking your voodo economies without justification. Till then... have fun learning how to calculate.

Quote:
    Wilkinson Road Semi-Detached 3,455sqft 839

Bought 2010-11-29 $2.65m
    Sold 2013-05-03 $2.90m

SSD $27.2K + stamp duty $74,100 + 1% agent commission $29K
    total $130.3K

Profit $120k. Return 2% per year?

This is provided seller didnt spend money on intensive renovation.
    Last edited by Ringo33; 20-05-13 at 16:29.

Nuff said. I rest my case.
    hang on, do you mean that you dont understand the meaning of inflation and time value of money?

hang on, do you mean that you dont understand the meaning of inflation and time value of money?
    I forgot your eyesight may not be so good as you usually have trouble with your charts. Perhaps you didn't see what I highlighted in bold.

If in your mind, you already consider it a loss and blatantly tell people that it is so after factoring in inflation and other property related cost, do you still expect people to come to a conclusion that you mean to say profit instead?

I forgot your eyesight may not be so good as you usually have trouble with your charts. Perhaps you didn't see what I highlighted in bold.

If in your mind, you already consider it a loss and blatantly tell people that it is so after factoring in inflation and other property related cost, do you still expect people to come to a conclusion that you mean to say 'profit' instead?
    I think many forummers here are waiting for you to tell them which landed transaction I posted was making loss. I am sure you know which on I am talking about.

As for this case, you dont need to talk about my eyesight, what you need to do is to focus (FOCUS) on what I said, which is

"I would consider 2% gross margin as loss after factoring in inflation and other cost related to property"

If you disagree, then perhaps you can show us your side of the numbers explaining why I am wrong to make that statement.

Yes, NUMBERS.

I think many forummers here are waiting for you to tell them which landed transaction I posted was making loss. I am sure you know which on I am talking about.

As for this case, you dont need to speculate how about my eyesight, what you need to do is to focus on what I said, which is

"I would consider 2% gross margin as loss after factoring in inflation and other cost related to property"

If you disagree, then perhaps you can show us your side of the numbers explaining why I am wrong to make that statement.

Yes, NUMBERS.
    Always throwing smoke as usual. Who is questioning you on numbers?

First you challenged iwantland to look back and point out where you said seller is making a loss

Then I brought up your statement below which clearly shows that IN FACT, you already consider it as a loss after factoring in inflation and other property related cost :

Need I say more?

Last time MR B talked BIG BIG what tons of it.. When I asked for prove.. in the end ask me go ask myself..

Over here.. you bring me merry go round.. In the end also asked me go ask around myself..

Anyway, I will not waste more time on this thread.. you all go settle among yourself..
    Quote Originally Posted by basic
    tons in strait times classified & propertyguru....go & ask for it, you will get, 10-20%...
    I sold what I need to...only fools still keep now....in next 1-2 yrs, you will know....

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Oh!! So finally you confess that you have no prove (as I already know it ).. And base on asking forummers around only.. And so you decide to post "Land Storm is Coming"??

I'm just curious who you asked.. can you name a few of them or show me their post??
    ask proper-t for proof lah. I am sure he know which transaction I am talking about because I am the one who post it.

btw, can you tell us how you know that Q1 2013 was the highest price just by looking at this table?

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2013/pr13-24a1.pdf

ask proper-t for proof lah. I am sure he know which transaction I am talking about because I am the on who post it.
    One transaction means land storm coming?

One transaction means land storm coming?
    Perhaps you could expand your brain memory power and read the rest of the thread before asking such questions.

Perhaps you could expand your brain memory power and read the rest of the thread before asking such questions.
    Is that all you can counter with? I thought you were going to make Rysk's day and deluged us with several loss making transactions.

Is that all you can counter with? I thought you were going to make Rysk's day and deluged us with several loss making transactions.
    Like I said before, I am not going to waste my time teaching a blind how to drive. If you cant even read a simple sentence in its entirety, then there is very little hope of you to understand what is going on in this thread or around this forum.

I would leave that honor to you to tell Rysk about that transaction I posted. That one is really embarrassing, glad you have gotten the support your badly needed.

Like I said before, I am not going to waste my time teaching a blind how to drive. If you cant even read a simple sentence in its entirety, then there is very little hope of you to understand what is going on in this thread or around this forum.

I would leave that honor to you to tell Rysk about that transaction I posted. That one is really embarrassing, glad you have gotten the support your badly needed.
    The usual 'not going to waste my time' cop-out statement - No wonder Rysk equates you to Mr B.

I have nothing to be embarrassed about. I admit my mistakes and move on which is more than I can say for a certain individual in this forum. The funny thing is, for me, the only one taking pot shots at my mistake is you whereas in your case, it is a totally different situation. Ponder on it.

Anyway, please carry on, your 'fans' are cheering you on below...

Quote Originally Posted by thomaspaine

Your many posts tends to tell me that you are an attention seeker.

I almost think that you own *condosingapore* ..... Come on R33 ....be more objective!
    Last edited by proper-t; 20-05-13 at 19:28.