Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dun try to talk up landed

Default Dun try to talk up landed

All landed owners should join forces to talk down instead.

Next time dun say I never say and come crying to me.

Good Luck.

First condo, then EC, dun sabo me hor.

First foreigner buyers, then buyers with more than 1 homes. Dun sabo me hor.

Now u know why I want to talk down landed although I m a landed owner?

Some can b so dumb. Morning never drink milk isit?

You can scream landed crash like me and yet hold tight tight to your landed. In this way, nothing will happen if you do not sell.

But if you try to talk up too much and one silly fool bought at the highest ridiculous psf, then.....I hope ur backside is covered.

Good luck.

Nothing will happen to me if the landed price rocket or even crashed. Since I bought my landed for my own stay.

However, if you bought ur landed with huge loans and for investment, then I cannot say the same to you.

Good Luck.

are u saying that so that attention is not drawn?

u sound like someone I once approach in a talk invited by a Bank for gold customer. He kept going on and on and on and when I ask on landed, he avoided the question and mention that its a topic that can be touch on if the bank invited him back.

And lo and behold the rest is history. The best kept secret ...

Quote Originally Posted by samuelk
    are u saying that so that attention is not drawn?

u sound like someone I once approach in a talk invited by a Bank for gold customer. He kept going on and on and on and when I ask on landed, he avoided the question and mention that its a topic that can be touch on if the bank invited him back.

And lo and behold the rest is history. The best kept secret ...
    You say one har...but I can only say u are one smart brother not like the panic fools in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader

Good Luck.
    There is no need to talk up landed sector. The latest transacted prices speak for themselves.

Nothing will happen to me if the landed price rocket or even crashed. Since I bought my landed for my own stay.
    It is true, if you are not selling but staying in it.
    I know you wanna buy somemore, right?

How come you are not handsome anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    There is no need to talk up landed sector. The latest transacted prices speak for themselves.
    which particular transaction?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Good Luck.
    dont need to talk down lah. landed property prices already hit threshold point liao. The only way forward will be down.

Just do a search and you will see how many big players are putting their GCB in the market. Why selling? because the rich knows that with ABSD, SSD and LTV, the days of making huge money for capital appreciation is over liao.

Better to cash out, take the money somewhere else, then to waste time looking for tenant and fixing all the wear and tear.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    which particular transaction?
    I seem to recall the issue with your extreme ignorance in current market landed building costs etc which you then brought the argument to the moon with the good Proper-T.

So as to simplify the matter, I have used some examples of landed properties in ORIGINAL conditions which have been en-bloc.

Example 1: Average of $2880 psf at Marne Road
    Example 2: $1544 psf at Lorong 40 Geylang

I oso wish to talk down the landed.. Provide you can confirm I can talk & talk..talk till Luxus Hills 1.6-1.7-mil.. then I will talk lor

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    I oso wish to talk down the landed.. Provide you can confirm I can talk & talk..talk till Luxus Hills 1.6-1.7-mil.. then I will talk lor
    Phase 6 1.6mil and phase 7 1.7mil. I also want.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

but they might do that with MM land plot of 800sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    I am starting to be like BJ21.. dedicate this song to you by Honda..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBX8MkFkd4

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    I seem to recall the issue with your extreme ignorance in current market landed building costs etc which you then brought the argument to the moon with the good Proper-T.

So as to simplify the matter, I have used some examples of landed properties in ORIGINAL conditions which have been en-bloc.

Example 1: Average of $2880 psf at Marne Road
    Example 2: $1544 psf at Lorong 40 Geylang

I dont see any connections or what are you trying to say with the 2 examples and I dont see how you could use an average price to compare landed property either unless they belong to the same cluster of landed build by the same developer.

yowetan, your service is needed here! come come talk down landed so that u can buy senile, I mean sinai, at 700psf. come come!

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    It is true, if you are not selling but staying in it.
    I know you wanna buy somemore, right?

How come you are not handsome anymore?

dear all ,

i feel exactly like you guys. i also think the prices are really sky high. It is time we bring those landed owners back to Planet Earth. I was twice a landed owner and really regret selling them due to financial circumstances forced upon me. I guess that is life. At the prices currently, I cannot even afford a good terrace in good location !

i strongly believe that if we stand together as one, we can make the landed prices more affordable. we should totally keep ourselves blind on all landed adverts. make no telephone enquiries to them. hopefully we will stand a chance for our next upgrade to a landed lor.

do not let the landed developers see us forumers no up la !!!

dont need to talk down lah. landed property prices already hit threshold point liao. The only way forward will be down.

Just do a search and you will see how many big players are putting their GCB in the market. Why selling? because the rich knows that with ABSD, SSD and LTV, the days of making huge money for capital appreciation is over liao.

Better to cash out, take the money somewhere else, then to waste time looking for tenant and fixing all the wear and tear.
    Different type of ppty have different target customers. All the above ABSD, SSD, LTV applies to all ppty equally in % terms. The target group for mass mkt is larger than GCB but the supply is also larger. Worse....mass market supply is infinite as buildings can be built higher and higher. However, GCB land supply is capped. Simple econ theory, limited supply, increase demand (more millionaires, higher population) price WILL go up. However, increase demand, increase supply (non-landed), stable. My 7 year old son and 85 year old Ah-Ma also understand. Why can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaykj
    Different type of ppty have different target customers. All the above ABSD, SSD, LTV applies to all ppty equally in % terms. The target group for mass mkt is larger than GCB but the supply is also larger. Worse....mass market supply is infinite as buildings can be built higher and higher. However, GCB land supply is capped. Simple econ theory, limited supply, increase demand (more millionaires, higher population) price WILL go up. However, increase demand, increase supply (non-landed), stable. My 7 year old son and 85 year old Ah-Ma also understand. Why can't you?
    You theory is sound and can be apply to any limited resources like gold, coal, oil etc,however what that matter most in such theory is at which price level are you talking about and how LOOOONGG do you expect to hold before you can see the reward of your investment. Of course you can talk about giving it to next life etc, however you must also make sure you have enough money to make it through this life first.

The question here is not so much about the property itself, it is about the sustainability and upward potential at this price range, where

1) rental will almost give you negative returns after factoring all the cost related to rental and maintenance
    2) High risk for being slap by SSD if you cant hold over 4 years
    3) 7 to 10% ABSD, which will need at least 3 to 4 years to recover based on current market trend
    4) Rising property taxes on big asset class like landed property
    5) Restriction from foreigner buyers and PR.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    yowetan, your service is needed here! come come talk down landed so that u can buy senile, I mean sinai, at 700psf. come come!
    when that happens and if he can talk it down to 700, he will try talking more to make it 70 PSF. In other words it maybe TNT . Talk aNd Talk

Brother BJ has been sitting on a rocket for years, he just want a soft landing lah....

You theory is sound and can be apply to any limited resources like gold, coal, oil etc,however what that matter most in such theory is at which price level are you talking about and how LOOOONGG do you expect to hold before you can see the reward of your investment. Of course you can talk about giving it to next life etc, however you must also make sure you have enough money to make it through this life first.

The question here is not so much about the property itself, it is about the sustainability and upward potential at this price range, where

1) rental will almost give you negative returns after factoring all the cost related to rental and maintenance
    2) High risk for being slap by SSD if you cant hold over 4 years
    3) 7 to 10% ABSD, which will need at least 3 to 4 years to recover based on current market trend
    4) Rising property taxes on big asset class like landed property
    5) Restriction from foreigner buyers and PR.

I'm not a good debater (always the 1st speaker in school debate team) and I have lost my critical thinking skills since I moved to management so lets keep it simple and not bring in mambo jumbo stuff or deviate too far away least I get lost. Lets just stick to ppty as an asset class.

Doesn't point 1-4 applies to all ppty in various degree. And I would venture to suggest mass market condo buyers uses a higher % of their income to fund their ppty purchase whereas landed buyers have more leeway and generally have accumulated more funds or profits over the years through upgrading. Again, I'm making a very general statement here and do not ask me for my source...its my personal observation and I ask readers to observe your own surroundings.

Thus all the financial riskes you mentioned above will hit all ppty buyers alike, if not the mass market buyers, more so.

As for rising ppty tax....seriously? You think that's gonna push landed owners to mass sell and down-size to condos. A small number...maybe...but significant to crash the segment? Nah....

Actually, I could add 1 more point for you

6) Higher Dengue Risk

This is not financial related...in fact no money can buy this health risk. Which brings me to the point that financial risk will hit all ppty buyers alike, less so for landed buyers.

I have read the exchanges you have with numerous forummers but please do not spar with me. I just very curious why are you so persistent in your theory that ONLY Landed will crash and not the other segments? By now, you would have realised no postings can influence prices up or down.....despite the no of postings or duration....just look at Mr. Basic and a whole host of his alter-ID. So why? Why ONLY landed?

Do you want to buy or do you want to divert attention

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    Brother BJ has been sitting on a rocket for years, he just want a soft landing lah....
    If you going to land on a aircraft carrier .. then good luck..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9CDW4tlgOU

Doesn't point 1-4 applies to all ppty in various degree. And I would venture to suggest mass market condo buyers uses a higher % of their income to fund their ppty purchase whereas landed buyers have more leeway and generally have accumulated more funds or profits over the years through upgrading. Again, I'm making a very general statement here and do not ask me for my source...its my personal observation and I ask readers to observe your own surroundings.

Thus all the financial riskes you mentioned above will hit all ppty buyers alike, if not the mass market buyers, more so.

As for rising ppty tax....seriously? You think that's gonna push landed owners to mass sell and down-size to condos. A small number...maybe...but significant to crash the segment? Nah....
    Pt 1 doesnt apply to condo because condo, you still can get 3% rental yield pretty easily.

Pt 2. The difference here is that you cant split the landed up into small piece if you need funds to pull through the recession. If you own multiple condo unit, you can always cash out 1 and keep the rest, hence avoiding hefty SSD

Pt 3 - Again this is quantum

Pt 4 - property tax for landed is higher due to higher annual value

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill

No such thing as soft landing. Property the higher it goes, the greater it crashes. Law of physics. Same with landed.

What will come will come. Do not be greedy.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

I have read the exchanges you have with numerous forummers but please do not spar with me. I just very curious why are you so persistent in your theory that ONLY Landed will crash and not the other segments? By now, you would have realised no postings can influence prices up or down.....despite the no of postings or duration....just look at Mr. Basic and a whole host of his alter-ID. So why? Why ONLY landed?

Do you want to buy or do you want to divert attention
    Bingo....

not interested in house, more interested in land.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=15058

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Reminds me of TWIST & TURN cum DIVERT ATTENTION EXPERT MR B..

Quote Originally Posted by sgbuyer
    No such thing as soft landing. Property the higher it goes, the greater it crashes. Law of physics. Same with landed.

What will come will come. Do not be greedy.
    There might be - operating the money printer day and night.

ten years ago, I thought the house price in China was too high, five years ago, i thought it would crash, but today, comparing with SG, I thought Chinese proerties are cheaper.