Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this bubble is being pushed up and sustained longer than it should have

Default this bubble is being pushed up and sustained longer than it should have

So it is official, we are already in a bubble.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...-i/663538.html

In addition, Mr Khaw said the high property prices will not last in the long run.

At the same time, he acknowledged he cannot be certain when and how much prices will come down.

He added: "Only when you can get enough buyers who can afford, will prices stay up, if not they will come down. Today because of low interest rates, this bubble is being pushed up and sustained longer than it should have. So, it will collapse in a matter of time and therefore do not think that prices will keep on going up."

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

In addition, Mr Khaw said the high property prices will not last in the long run.

At the same time, he acknowledged he cannot be certain when and how much prices will come down.

He added: "Only when you can get enough buyers who can afford, will prices stay up, if not they will come down. Today because of low interest rates, this bubble is being pushed up and sustained longer than it should have. So, it will collapse in a matter of time and therefore do not think that prices will keep on going up."
    Typical political mumbo jumbo ... It's saying nothing much at all as it is sufficiently ambiguous enough to be interpreted to mean either side of the fence ... Wait a min ... Is that not lawyers should do instead ?!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

They have been proven always wrong most of the time!
    When they try to talk it to come down and even implement cooling policies, it won't!
    When they try to talk it to go up and even implement heating policies, it just won't!
    What I believe is that interest rate is likely to remain low for a long long time due to too excessive money printing and liquidity!

Quote Originally Posted by richwang

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    They have been proven always wrong most of the time!
    When they try to talk it to come down and even implement cooling policies, it won't!
    When they try to talk it to go up and even implement heating policies, it just won't!
    What I believe is that interest rate is likely to remain low for a long long time due to too excessive money printing and liquidity!
    So best if take loan to take floating rate instead of fixed rate for mortgage ?

Hi...I am fullest support of a crash.

Tomorrow will be the start of the Malaysia's Iskandar property crash.

Iskandar property crash is good for Singapore! No one dare to buy there until they see the bottom! All turn to buy in Singapore now instead!

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    Hi...I am fullest support of a crash.

Tomorrow will be the start of the Malaysia's Iskandar property crash.

corrections are great entry points if and when they occur.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Iskandar property crash is good for Singapore! No one dare to buy there until they see the bottom! All turn to buy in Singapore now instead!
    A Malaysia crash will ensure Singapore property market crash as well. All plans with current Malaysia government will be in suspend until further notice.

Let there be crash. I am waiting for my Mt Sinai.

Think you miscounted. Singaporeans buying in Malaysia is self-moderating Singapore property prices, particularly those in OCR. If Malaysia started to crash and bottom not in sight yet, all turn back to buy in Singapore instead!

If you want to buy Mt Sinai, you should hope that Malaysia continue to inch up bit by bit to suck more people buying there!

A Malaysia crash will ensure Singapore property market crash as well. All plans with current Malaysia government will be in suspend until further notice.

i think thusfar the opposition over there is leading in terms of votes for forming the state government at the moment

Don't understand... If that is so, why would gov keep selling land under GLS since 2010? and stretches till now?

And for first timer, they are still doing a 20-80 loan quantum... REALLY contradicts...

You are quite right. Agreed with your prediction. The crash sure come. Maybe 2020 rough estimation. Good to wait & patience to be rewarded. Cheers! Ah Tan

You should be able to get my Everest instead of my sinai by then. A better deal.

That retart senile fella would lose his job once mkt crash. Forget about mt senile and buy msia when it is still affordable. Once you lose your job, you cannot even afford niche.

Quote Originally Posted by danguard
    i think thusfar the opposition over there is leading in terms of votes for forming the state government at the moment
    ...looks like you have been following the wrong site....

You must all understand Minister was addressing YOUTHS.

He needed to offer them remote hope of affordability.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Khaw has the marketing skills of Obama, minus the charisma
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Khaw has the marketing skills of Obama, minus the charisma
    i beg to differ. he has the marketing skills of gordan brown, minus the charisma

I thought a few weeks ago he mentioned that he cannot crash the market coz 85% owned their own homes? Now he uses CRASH?

Serious stuff ah?

Gahmen will not let the market crash one lah...

As I mentioned in my past posts, if after 5 years prices stay flat and inflation still at 4% then prices would have considered to dipped 20%+

no lah, this morning he confirmed that HDB are viewed as assets - NO CRASH

but there's a disclaimer - "don't expect housing prices to keep rising"

where is the post?

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    where is the post?
    perhaps you may want to read the papers

Just becareful rental yield lor. Every cycle, those over leverage and low rental will be forced out. Then people will always go auction to buy cheap property. Anything below 4%, I won't touch. So have buffer when interest rate go up and rental drop. But rental is really shiok nowadays . Just renew mine but I must say, really impressive.

Khaw is a busy man

sometimes too busy he has to do kopi talk with the people on top of his normal work

so i think too many hats, he contradict himself but he is unaware of it.

maybe he will talk to himself one day

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    Khaw is a busy man

sometimes too busy he has to do kopi talk with the people on top of his normal work

Agreed, this is what I observed as well, he has said many contradicting things.

Tharman is more steady than him, and appears more capable too.

you wait long long la you. black hearted chow ah beng.

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

seriously, how did you get through the interview to land yourself in your current job - displaying zilch on intelligence?!!??!

this akin to saying a fly landed on my windscreen so North Korea launched a nuke at the north pole

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    Khaw is a busy man

Indeed he has contraindicated himself everytime he opens his mouth. Anyway. this is just a smoke screen he is creating so that either way the situation turns out, he can say I told you so.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

seriously, how did you get through the interview to land yourself in your current job - displaying zilch on intelligence?!!??!

this akin to saying a fly landed on my windscreen so North Korea launched a nuke at the north pole

Is intelligence needed in Singapore. Someone says "better, betterer, betterest" and is paid millions a year.
    狮子王 (formerly blackjack21trader): READ MY LIPS: NO MORE CRASH FOR 60 YEARS.

Strongly disagreed.
    I think Khaw is much much better than Tharman. My personal opinion based my experience & age.

Quote Originally Posted by economist
    Agreed, this is what I observed as well, he has said many contradicting things.

Tharman is more steady than him, and appears more capable too.