Thread: Developers taking longer than 1 year to rectify defects. What will you do?

Default Developers taking longer than 1 year to rectify defects. What will you do?

TOP was Q1, spotted defects and submitted list to developer. Developer had 1 month to rectify but they didn't do anything. Delayed until end Q2.

Bang table etc. Cry mother, cry father.

Q3 issued ultimatum. Then they shift me to service apartment. Told me 2 months will complete rectifications.

Finally shift back to own home after 1 year from collecting keys.

Same headache. Rectifications not satisfactory. Developer say 'very good already'.

Total delay: 15 months and counting. I am waiting for further repairs.

According to BCA, we can engage our own contractors to rectify and the charges can be deducted from the last 15% held by Singapore law.

Anyone has similar experience to share and how you managed to challenge developer successfully?

What are the issues first?

IMO, things like marble colour mismatch are really not covered. But like chipped tiles, leaking windows, these should be done. So really depends what are you complaining about in the first place.

which developer if you don't mind sharing? thanks.

sell it off
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

most times most developers will note all your defects and inform the contractor / subcontractor to rectify. my feel is that developers will try to act in buyer's interest to maintain their reputation. cos the defects arise from the contractor's work and are their duty to make good (within their contract). problem is that the contractor may not agree with the defect list, may be dun have the materials anymore if small project, may not be bothered, or ... maybe not even around anymore to account to the developer.

strictly speaking no point wasting time going round and round...
    1. prioritise the must-dos from the rest.
    2. write off the not important ones.
    3. let your lawyer settle - do your own rectifications and claim against the 5% held by lawyer before csc. be prepared to pay additional legal fees though, if any. after csc, it's tough...
    4. look at the bright side... got it at relatively cheaper price last time.
    5. sell off as last option.

good luck bro !
    cheers !

sounds bad you bought in iskandar
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    TOP was Q1, spotted defects and submitted list to developer. Developer had 1 month to rectify but they didn't do anything. Delayed until end Q2.

Bang table etc. Cry mother, cry father.

Q3 issued ultimatum. Then they shift me to service apartment. Told me 2 months will complete rectifications.

Finally shift back to own home after 1 year from collecting keys.

Same headache. Rectifications not satisfactory. Developer say 'very good already'.

Total delay: 15 months and counting. I am waiting for further repairs.

According to BCA, we can engage our own contractors to rectify and the charges can be deducted from the last 15% held by Singapore law.

Anyone has similar experience to share and how you managed to challenge developer successfully?
    Request for monetary compensation in lieu of repair/replacement/rework..but it will be long drawn effort...

Sell off if really become your eye sore..aft getting the money ...

Default very hard to tell

If they took 2 months to fix your problem it must be something BIG.

Why don't u share with us what is the problem so we can assess your situation better?

Else most ppl here can only provide you general advice, which I am sure you are educated enough to read the T&Cs.

Sounds like Caspian by Frasers ?!

Anyway, Office Boy shall be nice and share my few key collection experience.

After inspecting the unit, if I find many defects (esp if there are critical ones), I will lodge in the defects list and get a commitment on the repair time. I always write additional statement on the defects list that if these are not completed and I sign off within 1 month as per the whatever regulations, I get the right to get my own contractors in.

Then get the developer or main con to sign off they received my defects list and understand their responsibilities.

Usually within 1-2 weeks they will start working on the defects already.

Developers and main con got many worksite and workers one. They can deploy workers from other work sites to come and do repair works. So dont get conned by them saying no manpower, please give them more time.

I always tell them that my Feng Shui master says must move in by xx date, else it will be badly and they have to responsible.

These usually work, other drastic actions, I cant write here. You gotta figure it out yourself la ... Else wait many developers can track Office Boy down .. I am just a simple Office Boy ok ?

DKSG

This office boy berry clever... Thank you for sharing.