Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ecopolitan EC

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
    One very glaring omission...Waterway Point Mall next to Punggol mrt will have over 300 shops and a ten screens cineplex

Not omission lah... cant expect one to remember all...

but i appreciate if people, talk about +ves & -ves of both the projects... you never listed one +ve of LA in this conversation... that is biased... whereas I'm acceded some points to Eco... being fair & balanced...

Talking about shops in the malls for both... if add all the shops of compass point + seletar mall + greenwich + upcoming mixed development at sports complex it is more than the shops at waterway point & matilda mall...

and coming to cineplex, seletar mall also got cineplex... 5 screens...
    but waterway point got Imax... thats a plus... but not everyday you go Imax, mostly cineplex...

Difficult to compare Waterwoods and Ecopolitan with available info

373 units with penthouses with private lifts in WW

What I find annoying is that ppl come after me because of the time taken to walk from Ecopolitan to mrt station which clearly depends on one's walking pace
    But hardly anyone calls out the ERA guy on the Sea Horizon thread where he claimed that 85% of units will have sea view which is clearly BS

Quote Originally Posted by huatah View Post
    Wah very heated conversation here and nice input. Anyway people will definitelycompared between eco and LA since they are released at the same time. Anyway most important is at end of day you know which factors are more important to you and u r happy with your purchase just like me. I have been aiming eco since April, waiting for its price list selection process etc. But I bought LA in the end which Is due to certain factors.

* HOW COME NOONE COMPARED WATERWOOD SINCE IT IS RELEASING SOON. WE CAN ADD WATERWOOD TO THE COMPARISON.
    no one is aggressive at personal level... at least not me...

that should be the objective of any discussions in this forum...
    informative & comparisons & discussing different factors about various projects...

but not being personal & abusive... we dont get awards/rewards here for that...

Of all the EC releases recently (2013) for me, in order of preference:
    Lush Acres
    Sky Park(just based on location, need to look at siteplan)
    Ecopolitan
    Sea Horizon
    Waterwoods
    Twin Fountains
    Forestville

Waterwoods is least attractive compared to LA, Eco, SH...

Sea Horizon located near 4 other condos comprising about 2,500 units will be a nightmarish traffic wise

What I find annoying is that ppl come after me because of the time taken to walk from Ecopolitan to mrt station which clearly depends on one's walking pace
    But hardly anyone calls out the ERA guy on the Sea Horizon thread where he claimed that 85% of units will have sea view which is clearly BS
    i never went to personal level...

and i dont pull up people personally or get abusive... so i cant answer for the other guy...

and for me, i said the walking time comparison for the same person at the both the sites, so it is consistent... and i'm not picky about the walking distance... i'm comparing the project to project on the whole...

i'm just advising you that when comparing, try to talk +ves & -ves of both projects, instead of just focusing on one project's +ves... thats only 1/4th of the whole story...

Quote Originally Posted by CSR999 View Post
    Coming to Sea Horizon, the prices are real crazy, the sea-view angles are stupidly very narrow, and important to note the height of the buildings is only 10-13 levels... not good enough height for proper good views... even those units with nice sea-view angle, lack the height... so for me the project is same like any other in-city ec project or worst than them except for 10-15 units which can really claim good sea-view...
    Actually i pointed in this thread already (not SH thread), that the sea-view units numbers of SH is BS... on the whole project, if one is to count the units with proper sea-view, can count on fingers...

Actually i pointed in this thread already (not SH thread), that the sea-view units numbers of SH is BS... on the whole project, if one is to count the units with proper sea-view, can count on fingers...
    What is important as pointed by one user is you are happy with your purchase.

Everyone has different set of buying criteria.

My wife and I undertook a comprehensive analysis of all the criteria which some users have pointed out.

We even have a weightage to each criteria giving more weight to the criteria that we value most.

One can easily list 10 strengths of Eco.

Similarly, one can easily 10 strengths of Lush Acres.

Vice versa, one can list the weakness of Eco and Lush Acres (Same for other ECs).

For us, we are devoted Buddhists. We want our children to attend Mee Toh Pri. Else, Punggol Green Pri (just next to Eco) would be great too.

<Waterwoods is also near Mee Toh Pri but Waterwoods might not be cheap given the higher land cost.

So, to us, our children education is our top priority.

This also explain why we decided to give Lush Acres a miss because of its close proximity to petrol station.

We also consulted various property buyers and those who rent flat.

Our question is simple -

Would you prefer to rent an apartment which is 10 mins walk from a MRT station or to walk 5 mins to a LRT station followed by 3 stations to a MRT station.

Most opted for the former i.e. 10 min walk to MRT.

We reckon in terms of renting out our apartment in future, Eco would be easier to rent out.

Again, one may dispute this.

I leave it to you to run this experiment.

Eventually, location, location, location still matters.

Again, one may argue 10 min walk is too long.

3 - 5 mins walk more manageable.

The mil $ question is at what price for a condo is within 3 - 5 mins walk from a MRT?

If you buy Eco at say $790 psf (10 min walk to a MRT) compared to say $1,250 psf (5 mins walk to MRT), you have more leeway to charge cheaper rents.

Rental yield is what matter.

For Sea Horizon EC, while it might seem ex, we must recognize that some might buy for various reasons.

It is near Pasir Ris Pri Sch which is fairly good school. It is also near 2 other pri schools. All these schools are established schools which have produced some good top scorers.

In schools in Sengkang and Punggol, most schools are newer or lack track record. For schools like Nan Chiau Pri, it is very challenging to be admitted as it is always highly oversubscribed. Parents who live in Sengkang and Punggol will know the challenge of finding childcare centres and perhaps pri schools etc.

I think we should not have a ranking of condos/ ECs.

People buy for various reasons and for reasons which they matter most to them.

For us, our priority is our children. Next is the prospect of renting out in future. This is where location, location still matters.

Some criteria like interior décor eg toilets not up to standards are not important to us as we can easily fix them by hiring a contractor to re-do the toilets.
    Last edited by propertybuyer073; 08-09-13 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by propertybuyer073 View Post
    What is important as pointed by one user is you are happy with your purchase.

Everyone has different set of buying criteria.

My wife and I undertook a comprehensive analysis of all the criteria which some users have pointed out.

We even have a weightage to each criteria giving more weight to the criteria that we value most.

One can easily list 10 strengths of Eco.

Similarly, one can easily 10 strengths of Lush Acres.

Vice versa, one can list the weakness of Eco and Lush Acres (Same for other ECs).

For us, we are devoted Buddhists. We want our children to attend Mee Toh Pri. Else, Punggol Green Pri (just next to Eco) would be great too.

<Waterwoods is also near Mee Toh Pri but Waterwoods might not be cheap given the higher land cost.

So, to us, our children education is our top priority.

This also explain why we decided to give Lush Acres a miss because of its close proximity to petrol station.

We also consulted various property buyers and those who rent flat.

Our question is simple -

Would you prefer to rent an apartment which is 10 mins walk from a MRT station or to walk 5 mins to a LRT station followed by 3 stations to a MRT station.

Most opted for the former i.e. 10 min walk to MRT.

We reckon in terms of renting out our apartment in future, Eco would be easier to rent out.

Again, one may dispute this.

I leave it to you to run this experiment.

Eventually, location, location, location still matters.

Again, one may argue 10 min walk is too long.

3 - 5 mins walk more manageable.

The mil $ question is at what price for a condo is within 3 - 5 mins walk from a MRT?

If you buy Eco at say $790 psf (10 min walk to a MRT) compared to say $1,250 psf (5 mins walk to MRT), you have more leeway to charge cheaper rents.

Rental yield is what matter.

For Sea Horizon EC, while it might seem ex, we must recognize that some might buy for various reasons.

It is near Pasir Ris Pri Sch which is fairly good school. It is also near 2 other pri schools. All these schools are established schools which have produced some good top scorers.

In schools in Sengkang and Punggol, most schools are newer or lack track record. For schools like Nan Chiau Pri, it is very challenging to be admitted as it is always highly oversubscribed. Parents who live in Sengkang and Punggol will know the challenge of finding childcare centres and perhaps pri schools etc.

I think we should not have a ranking of condos/ ECs.

People buy for various reasons and for reasons which they matter most to them.

For us, our priority is our children. Next is the prospect of renting out in future. This is where location, location still matters.

Some criteria like interior décor eg toilets not up to standards are not important to us as we can easily fix them by hiring a contractor to re-do the toilets.

Sure, it comes down to individual's preferences... as they are the ones putting the money...

But cant go around bluntly ask MRT or LRT better ? Need to look on the whole project...

LA location has many benefits... scenery, parks, river, sports centre... so on & so on... as you said, different people have different needs/preferences...

I can change internal fittings but cant change the finishings...
    I cant buy the reputation of the developer...
    I cant change the floor plans & site plans...
    I cant choose my neighbours... LA is exclusive condo surroundings & beautiful parks & nature & sport facilities...

For rental yields,
    in few years there is a new hospital in SK, seletar airspace industry, wafer fabrication industry... lots of new jobs, new housing demand for rent/resale...

people who want to live in condos for rent or even more for buying, prefer location both mrt distance & the surroundings, people dont prefer a condo in between hdb buildings... exclusive condo surroundings also got better value...

For me, the only thing that Eco does well than LA is distance to MRT... in rest all cases LA is a better project...

Not just me,
    Surely LA is better even going by the market's answer...
    LA sales doing better than Eco...
    That answers everything...

But sure, again comes down to the individual...
    What is good for the market, need not meet his needs... what he needs, might be something different...

so agreed, as long as one is happy with his choice, no need to worry about other things...
    Last edited by CSR999; 08-09-13 at 22:28.

Each EC has it own pros and cons.
    And each person who bought has his / her own reasons for doing so.

Congrats to all you guys who bought Ecopolitan or Lush Acres

I posted in my honest opinion:

what are the +ves & -ves of both the projects and compared them in this thread...

i compared as an outsider (i studied both the projects closely but havent bought in either)... some spoke only from one side... so i felt the need to balance it out from both sides...

i only looked at the project(location, surroundings, siteplan, floorplans, developer, finishings, facilities, amenities, future value)... i didnt look at the buyer's background or special needs, because that is purely individual to individual...

even in my preferred list of ECs launched this year, Eco is in Top 3... I never said Eco is not a good project or I dont like... I just said LA is more attractive than Eco (personally at least for me)... So dont feel, I'm knocking down on Eco... So Eco buyers need not feel offended or try to aggressively defend...

This forum is just to discuss, exchange information, share opinions...

No worries.

We do not gain anything from the forum.

Only intent is to share and educate.

Actually, all the recent 3 ECs have done well, whether Eco, Lush or Sea Horizon.

They have sold at least 65%.

We must remember that in terms of % sold, Lush would have the highest because it is the smallest development (380 units) vs Sea Horizon (495 units) vs Eco (512 units).

In terms of units sold, they are roughly the same.

It does not really bother in terms of units sold.

The number of leftover units are less than 150 - 160.

based on past EC stats, it is common for 30 units to be sold per mth i.e. most of the units will be sold in 6 months time.
    Strategically, it might be better if the condo is not 100% sold.
    Why?

If you take a look at ECs like Watercolours which was launched mid last year, the developer upped the ante by throwing in better swimming pool water, free shuttle bus, .... to boast the chances of clearing the leftover units last year.

Now it is 100% sold and is 7 storey built.

Now compare with some ECs which are 100% sold like Heron Bay which was launched after Watercolours, also the same developer as Watercolours.

Its construction progress is much slower. No free XXX were thrown in unlike Watercolours.

From a strategic point of view, buyers/ potential buyers would rather want the developer to work harder eg upping the ante by throwing in some free shuttle buy for example (which will benefit all) to clear the leftover units or speed up the development to entice buyers to buy.

Yes, I understand LA is smaller 380-unit project, hence in my earlier post, I also posted pure sales numbers too... also in which, LA is doing better than others...

among the recent launches, i think Lush Acres is better project than ecopolitan or sea horizon or upcoming waterwoods & skypark... as Lush Acres is surrounded by 3 other private condos... and lush acres is CDL, whereas Eco & SH are chinese developers...

u can also see this from the sales also, Ecopolitan release 2 weeks before Lush Acres, but Ecopolitan sold only 330(65%), Lush Acres already sold 315(82%)...

And chances are, Lush Acres pure sales numbers(now 315 vs 330) will also cross Ecopolitan even with a 2-week difference in launch dates...

As far as having some units left... depends on the sales number & the changes in the market conditions... if sales are good like say 75-80% sold, developer wont worry & would not throw in freebies to sell the remaining units... he is happy to sell them slowly as nearing TOP when they can be sold for even higher prices than the launch prices...

only if there are considerable amount of units left, then he will rethink to attract more sales... for watercolours, out of the 4 (5 if include SH) projects, it is worst off with no sea-view... so the developer need to throw freebies or improve the facilities...

i dont mind improving facilities within the site... but free shuttle bus will be temp, 1 year till the mgmt is passed over to the owners, after which owners themselves have to put the bill for the bus...

if less than good sales % after 1st 6 months of the launch, actually will be a worry for me... because that means the market views that project as unattractive... not so good for resale value... so i prefer sold out projects than those that are stuck and the developer had to throw in freebies or worse give discounts on the price...

that said - Lush Acres, Ecopolitan & Sea Horizon did quite well on the launch day...

I think LA did mainly because of the quality of the show units, which were very tastefully done..oozing classiness. Whereas in the other 2 china developer ECs, the cheena garishness of the interior decoration is a bit off putting.

Mid Autumn festival celebration at Ecopolitan show room today...free buffet.

Last 5 bedroom cospace unit 1518 sq ft for $1,168,400 ($770 psf)

Call 91087536 Raymond

Nice squarish layout with decent sized bedrooms and space for a huge fridge.
    And also a baking oven instead of a microwave.

Spacious bedrooms and within walkable distance to Punggol mrt station and future Waterway Point mall.

Call 91087536

Hello interested buyers,

Prices at Lush Acres EC has been raised 0.6%.

So far Ecopolitan EC prices remain unchanged. Last 166 units left.

Call 91087536 for details

Default 0 unit sold in Oct???

According to the URA website, 0 unit was sold for Ecopolitan EC for the month of Oct 2013.

Is it indeed true?

Any one has any idea on how many Eco units were aborted???

Ecopolitan EC last 115 units

Call 91087536 Raymond for details

is type C5 a Dual Key? I thought Dual Key is not allowed for EC!

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels View Post
    is type C5 a Dual Key? I thought Dual Key is not allowed for EC!
    From what I understand, dual key units are still allowed for ECs but only multi-generational families can buy such units (under the new rules).

Due to the new rule on who can buy a dual key unit, developers of ECs that come under this new rule tend not to build dual key units as the pool of buyers are now limited by the rule.

If I am not mistaken, in the two most recent EC launches (SkyPark and Waterwoods), there were no dual key units - instead there were Maisonettes.

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77 View Post
    From what I understand, dual key units are still allowed for ECs but only multi-generational families can buy such units (under the new rules).

Due to the new rule on who can buy a dual key unit, developers of ECs that come under this new rule tend not to build dual key units as the pool of buyers are now limited by the rule.

If I am not mistaken, in the two most recent EC launches (SkyPark and Waterwoods), there were no dual key units - instead there were Maisonettes.
    Ok. Thanks.

Last 112 units. Call Raymond 91087536 for details.

Is the Ecopolitan 3 bedder PES unit facing pool still available? What is the price range?

Quote Originally Posted by Fienaz View Post
    Is the Ecopolitan 3 bedder PES unit facing pool still available? What is the price range?
    Both units #01-17 and #01-20 facing the children's pool still available.

Both @ $881,100

Both @ $881,100

Raymond Loke
    SLP SCOTIA

Both @ $881,100

Raymond Loke
    SLP SCOTIA
    Thanks. Any discount?

Thanks. Any discount?
    I'm afraid no discount. Prices have not changed for a couple of months.