Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So glad I am living in Condo

Default So glad I am living in Condo

Its during hot and humid weather like now that you really appreciate living in condo where you have nice pools to cool yourself down, and breeze at home.

Who else in this forum are also enjoying their life in condo?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Here in France very cold in the morning, love the heat during noon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Its during hot and humid weather like now that you really appreciate living in condo where you have nice pools to cool yourself down, and breeze at home.

I stay at landed, anyway I can't swim.
    Some HDBs are just stone-threw away from public pools.
    I heard very often there are not much people at mid afternoon, and often they were enjoying the Olympic size pool by themselves.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wsx123
    I heard very often there are not much people at mid afternoon, and often they were enjoying the Olympic size pool by themselves.
    Very smart answer for a very stupid post.

pools in condo are also 50m in length and beside swimming there are also social pool, jacuzzi, kids for people who doesnt swim. Plus pools in condo are usually better equipped and nicer due to landscaping etc.

There is actually a big difference between having a pool at your door step and one that you need to travel to. In condo, you can just walk to the pool with just your swimming short and towel, perhaps the same reason why people prefer to live near the beach or park.

I guess thats the same reason why expat with big budget will prefer landed with pools and why most GCB owners who are already member of private club will still prefer to have a pool at their door step.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I've lived in a landed house and a condo at different points of my life. Loved my landed because of its quietness. Love my condo for its facilities and proximity to town.

I can still afford both, so it's pretty much a lifestyle choice for me. Neither one is necessarily 'better' than the other. It all depends on what I need at the point in time.

This debate about which is more worth it, which has a better yield and which will drop more in value should the market crash is getting a little tiring. This is especially so when 'spin-off' threads are started to gather responses for use as 'ammunition' in the main condo vs. landed argument.

Well, below post by TS certainly shows how ecstatic he is living in his condo.

What are the most annoying gym behavior your have witness at your condo?

For me

1) Those who come in with their reading material and the turn up the aircon temperature so that they can break a sweat while "reading", while the rest who are working out are left to sweat like a fish.

2) Those who uses maximum incline on thread mill will holding on the rail so that they can lean their body backward. Basically this is as good as walking without incline.

3) Those who bring their own stereo to the gym in the morning and expect everyone to love their music

4) Those who sweat like a fish but bring no towel

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    I've lived in a landed house and a condo at different points of my life. Loved my landed because of its quietness. Love my condo for its facilities and proximity to town.

I can still afford both, so it's pretty much a lifestyle choice for me. Neither one is necessarily 'better' than the other. It all depends on what I need at the point in time.

This debate about which is more worth it, which has a better yield and which will drop more in value should the market crash is getting a little tiring. This is especially so when 'spin-off' threads are started to gather responses for use as 'ammunition' in the main condo vs. landed argument.
    did you enjoy your pool when you were living in condo?

i)pools in condo are also 50m in length and beside swimming there are also social pool, jacuzzi, kids for people who doesnt swim. Plus pools in condo are usually better equipped and nicer due to landscaping etc.

ii)There is actually a big difference between having a pool at your door step and one that you need to travel to. In condo, you can just walk to the pool with just your swimming short and towel, perhaps the same reason why people prefer to live near the beach or park.
    Just some chit-chatting,

i) Factor in that life guard who may help to ensure ur safety, if necessary.

ii) If it is just stone-threw away, you will see people dress similarly.

did you enjoy your pool when you were living in condo?
    yes, please continue to ignore the messages that well meaning forumers are sending to you as below. Your antics are garnering more 'fans' everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    Very smart answer for a very stupid post.

Wealthy is ok, but never be shallow.

Just some chit-chatting,

i) Factor in that life guard who may help to ensure ur safety, if necessary.

ii) If it is just stone-threw away, you will see people dress similarly.

You referring to kid safety?

Stone throw could mean different thing. 50m? 100m? 400m?

You may need to conduct your survey for those answers which only you are interested.

I thought I'd use the pool very frequently if I ever moved to a condo. After moving to a condo, I realized I don't buy that idea anymore coz it requires discipline from an ill-disciplined fellow like me. When my wife went to the pool, I'd rather nua at home in the heat of the day. Then again, there was once at about 9pm when its so hot that I went for a dip in the pool. So my answer to your qs is mostly no but sometimes yes... Sorry for a crappy answer...

hahaha...u see what i see....

you dont know meh?? Aljunied got one, Jurong East got one, Bukit Batok also got one.....all stone throw, 20m walk for some maybe nearer than your tower to your pool....

i don't enjoy my life but i enjoy my time under the condo forum replying to idiots.

feels really good to take a dip in the water in the hot afternoon, instead of locking myself up in a house with air con on full blast.

Throw stone for 400m real POWER i don't think olympic champion can do it also

feels really good to take a dip in the water in the hot afternoon, instead of locking myself up in a house with air con on full blast.
    you sounds like a retirenee. see beh song, kia lai kia keer yio lum par.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrise
    How do you know he got lampard? li kum gei har?

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    How do you know he got lampard? li kum gei har?
    you always carry you don't know meh?

How you this person is a guy, else she must find one to "yio"

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Probably he kum gei or carry his lampard b4 lah...

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    Flagship already bend down and check.

please leave my balls alone leh.

actually condo pool betters to see boobs, not balls.

please leave my balls alone leh.

actually condo pool betters to see boobs, not balls.
    Nuff said..notice the tiny little apostrophe.

'

gross please.
    I was hoping for some sammyboy type of information. so disappointed.
    Last edited by proper-t; 18-05-13 at 19:09.

Flagship already bend down and check.
    Wahooo..

actually condo pool betters to see boobs, not balls
    thought they mean the same thing.

Anyone saw the Cannes Awards Festival pictures ....

In hdb can always move the TV to the kitchen. Put a stool in the bathroom n let the shower run. Grab a beer from the fridge n sit there watch cnbc while cool shower the running down ur body n sipping beer. Which condo allow U to drink beer butt naked in the pool while watching cnbc?

Plus can pee without needing to get out of the pool!
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs