Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCR continue to lose its shine

Default CCR continue to lose its shine

I think CCR will continue to lose its shine especially when the ABSD is still in place. With the decentralization effort from the garmen and shifting of focus to OCR; the longer it is without lifting the CM, it is going to impact more on the CCR future. Price continue to soften and rental will be hit as more foreigners move out to OCR. More and more malls are built and as MRT linked up the whole island, you will only see tourists in these CCR areas.....
    Just my opinion...might be time to rethink about your investment strategy.

You may need to breakdown CCR into smaller zone like District to reflect this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I think CCR will continue to lose its shine especially when the ABSD is still in place. With the decentralization effort from the garmen and shifting of focus to OCR; the longer it is without lifting the CM, it is going to impact more on the CCR future. Price continue to soften and rental will be hit as more foreigners move out to OCR. More and more malls are built and as MRT linked up the whole island, you will only see tourists in these CCR areas.....

agree i can live in ocr like pasir ris jurong woodlands without needing to visit orchard road ocr got everything i need
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    why buy gold to make a ring when silver also can make a ring. people buying into ccr has a different mindset and lifestyle compared to those staying outside. again is like why buy ferrari when nissan fairlady is also ok? commoners won't understand one lah, and also no need to understand, each to his own game.

Lifestyle?? I can understand if you talk about Coves or Reflection or Corals.....

What lifestyle are u talking about with higher traffic, pollution and surrounded by mainly offices & shopping malls? Or is it the pubs u referring to? 20 yrs ago, it makes a lot of diff because there are not many entertainment or malls outside those core regions. But look around u now....what a different. Even companies are shifting their HQ outside to OCR....so if u work in OCR, would u stay in CCR? maybe....Anyway, individual preferences. At this time, it is quite true that CCR is losing its shines. but of course there are still different areas within the CCR that i must agree would have diff appeals.
    As I said, even the ang mo are changing their lifestyles...

We are not like Perth, Melbourne, KL or Jakarta, etc....our OCR are as vibrant....not ulu like any major cities and also because we are small....

For those cities, agree if if invest, must invest in the cities, but for Sg, not anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    why buy gold to make a ring when silver also can make a ring. people buying into ccr has a different mindset and lifestyle compared to those staying outside. again is like why buy ferrari when nissan fairlady is also ok? commoners won't understand one lah, and also no need to understand, each to his own game.
    Last edited by lajia; 24-05-13 at 18:34.

the recent report on foreigners purchase seem to indicate that foreigners still favor high end development.

And I agree that CCR is too general, we should break it down to specific district to get a more accurate picture.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Time to buy ccr then . OCR? Over priced now.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Same psf buy where? CCR or OCR?
    CCR price double of OCR buy where?

Buy only when everybody not interested to buy. Then u will get good bargains haa haa.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Time to buy ccr then . OCR? Over priced now.
    ccr-correctly priced
    ocr-overpriced
    landed-madly price

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Same psf buy where? CCR or OCR?
    CCR price double of OCR buy where?
    centro(1800 psf), same as river valley old condo

Imagine if u are a renter. Why would u live in a ccr where the food is more expensive, rental is more expensive and probably away from most of your friends who are renting ocr?.

Will the gap between CCR and OCR disappear one fine day when OCR is as buzzling as CCR area?

After all Singapore is such a small place to go with.

as I said, people buy ccr is different from people buy ocr. people who buy semiD in cornwall is different from people buying semiD in loyang.

the ocr people will justify their buy, likewise ccr people will justify their buy. like people die die say yakun coffee is better than hawker coffee.

if one day ocr find istana next door, then I congratulate you. istana hor, not ISETAN.

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    Imagine if u are a renter. Why would u live in a ccr where the food is more expensive, rental is more expensive and probably away from most of your friends who are renting ocr?.
    When foreigners come Singapore, they will most definitely start their house hunting from central before exploring outside. So if they can afford one in ccr they are unlikely to want to look further out. This is the same principle of how when we go for holiday, we will always like to stay in the hotel that is in the central where everywhere is close by, And this is especially true for smallish apartment catering for working professional without kids.

I believe price correction in CCR property are mainly in the bigger units, while price of small 1 bedder apartment in CCR is still moving upward due to good rental demand and yield.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    When foreigners come Singapore, they will most definitely start their house hunting from central before exploring outside. So if they can afford one in ccr they are unlikely to want to look further out. This is the same principle of how when we go for holiday, we will always like to stay in the hotel that is in the central where everywhere is close by, And this is especially true for smallish apartment catering for working professional without kids.

I believe price correction in CCR property are mainly in the bigger units, while price of small 1 bedder apartment in CCR is still moving upward due to good rental demand and yield.
    SSshhhhhhh....pls dont let everyone know! Let them all go buy OCR and party!! I still want to get a few more ccr unit!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

In internet age, central location is not a big advantage.

Of course, that is why those banking backend operations are shifted to changi, jurong area. why do bank hq still gather around central area? dbs after selling off their original buildings, then move to the marina financial area. why dont they move totally to say Jurong, Tuas?

Of course, that is why those banking backend operations are shifted to changi, jurong area. why do bank hq still gather around central area? dbs after selling off their original buildings, then move to the marina financial area. why dont they move totally to say Jurong, Tuas?
    Many parts of CCR has reached over-saturation point in terms of population density due to proposed changes in density. For those on holidays or short stay still good, but not ideal for residential purposes. But you are right in stating that the hq and premier services will still remain there. So still have strong rental potential.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Finance HUB, in CCR, no doubt. But, all others, will be out in no time. So, CCR in the past and in future, it is not going to be the same anymore. If the present trend is not taken seriously, then we might be missing something. Whether OCR will eventually be higher than CCR i really dont know...maybe the gap will not be that big anymore.

When CCR down, OCR down, the market is normal. But when CCR down and OCR up, it means something. It may means OCR is long under valued... People perception changed. They might not be wrong

I agree with leesg... The mindset of people buying CCR and OCR is slightly different. Just like LV or Coach, if one can afford it, still will go for LV. I am still waiting for price to drop further, but still with ABSD, ouch.. Too painful to buy in at this level.

depends on ur renters.. ur middle mgmt yes.. ur upper mgmt.. if they rent ocr they will be far away from their friends.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Good districts with high end homes can be in ocr as well, do you know that? D15 is so big, not every part is in rcr or ccr.
    Quote Originally Posted by minority
    depends on ur renters.. ur middle mgmt yes.. ur upper mgmt.. if they rent ocr they will be far away from their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Good districts with high end homes can be in ocr as well, do you know that? D15 is so big, not every part is in rcr or ccr.
    well D15 wat u get btw? neh neh neh.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    I agree with leesg... The mindset of people buying CCR and OCR is slightly different. Just like LV or Coach, if one can afford it, still will go for LV. I am still waiting for price to drop further, but still with ABSD, ouch.. Too painful to buy in at this level.
    Just like this pair of fruits, different league, we won't understand them and they wont understand us too:
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...ction-20130524

Pair of Japanese cantaloupe melons fetch $19,600 at auction

Be humble....ppl who are different, doesn't mean they are wrong. Why don't we open up and think again, no lose...

Just like this pair of fruits, different league, we won't understand them and they wont understand us too:
    http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...ction-20130524

Pair of Japanese cantaloupe melons fetch $19,600 at auction

I felt both sides have its point. But their lots of factors at play which only individual can decide which is best for him/her. I bought OCR because I can only afford OCR and those that can give me good yield. So less headache. Capital gain may not be that fantastic as compared to CCR. But for yield depends on entry point. 2 million CCR 2 header can beat 2 header OCR at current market??? So lots of factor and risk appetite and even luck at play. Will Singapore still continue to shine and attract the rich for the next 10 -20 -30 years. Key thing buy within your means and maximize your investment while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Werther
    I agree. Jus because u can't own luxury does not mean luxury stuff will come down to your level to meet u. For small states tht are successful like Singapore, there will always be a premium district. I can't afford CCR and I am still aspiring! But I won't say it has lose its shine and OCR is comparable!

internet or not, human beings still have to be transported physical from home to work and back to home. If you look at the map of singapore, the distant from our CBD to Woodland, Changi and Jurong are all about the same distant, and that is why Central will always remain as Central, and any company that wishes to tap into Singapore talent pool will want to be located the central region.

From the URA master plan, you could also see that there are massive expansion development plan for the new CBD area (marina south) and this will definitely create massive news jobs into the area, unless you have reason to believe the government just build without considering the health and direction of SG economy.

For foreigners, say western expat, coming into Singapore to work they will of course wish to experience Singapore city life because thats what we are famous for, and also a place where they can enjoy the many western cafe, restaurant, bakery, amenities and social communities.

The ones who usually chose to live in the OCR are usually those with have acclimatize to local culture and those with families and children because they need to live close to school as well as they need a bigger place to live.

Now it is no longer about affordability....more ppl are thinking of buying two OCR in replacing 1 CCR. In the end, risk is spread while u might have even better yield and return. Just for eg....don't think that ppl don't mean means they cannot afford.

Quote Originally Posted by desfrie
    I agree. Jus because u can't own luxury does not mean luxury stuff will come down to your level to meet u. For small states tht are successful like Singapore, there will always be a premium district. I can't afford CCR and I am still aspiring! But I won't say it has lose its shine and OCR is comparable!