Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for an illuminated answer:

i am having a laugh.
    how come you can believe in "8 characters"?
    and you can believe in fengshui?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    i am having a laugh.
    Why not ? Those that do not believe in such things are in for a rude shock later in their experience.

I have seen how these works especially when my grandma was a Tangki or medium.

That is why I seek the Most High protection since a little kid.

Non-believers in such paranormal things are the most vulnerable to the control of the fallen angels. Because they are very iron teeth, that is why their mind are most open and unguarded against these unseen forces.

For me, I am very clever. Since a kid, I know I am no match and hence I quickly run to the Most High protection.

i am having a laugh.
    Do not underestimate the human knowledge of 5000 years.

Some ancient might have discovered some "virus" or "drug" that can affect the human minds.

On the outside, it appears the affected are "possessed" but actually, it is a method of ancient knowledge used deliberately by certain groups to steal your "luck".

As for fengshui, ever wonder why some shopping malls are forever "empty" ?

It could be some "energies" at work that is very obvious but hard to detect by untrained eyes.

Remember what the fallen angels said ? They said human can be as high as the Most High.

These are the rebels. Humans are never "angels" and can never be angels because we are born of the human blood.

Angels, rebels or not, are created by the Most High.

But what makes the human wants to be godly?

Answer: GREED. (or the original Sin )

haha, i guess those unpopular foodstall are because their FS not good. not only that, the stallowner 8-zi and the customers' 8-zi clash, hence the customers' did not find the food tasty.

You think they so stupid to make you look like you are possessed? No, that is just a very crude form of their rituals.

They work in subtle manner, causing you to make wrong decisions, for example in investment or your career.

haha, i guess those unpopular foodstall are because their FS not good. not only that, the stallowner 8-zi and the customers' 8-zi clash, hence the customers' did not find the food tasty.
    LOL. But I know you got my point.

Quote Originally Posted by shareidiot
    My grandma (in her 90s) passed on 3 years ago. The Taoism (Teochew style) funeral was a "HAPPY" one, as she was considered blessed to enjoy 4 generations. She died without pain (no major illness).

1 of my siblings' & his family, my own nuclear family & another cousin, are believers of God.

Although the Teochew style funeral was a 'big' one & most of attendees are Taoists/Buddhists, our relatives respect our decision NOT to hold incense.

We followed all the kneelings etc, but did not hold any incense.

I believe you can do the same, as long as you express your decision to your 'extended relatives'. Trust in Him to do the work.

No matter what your dad may have done to you (& your mom) in the past, let it go (I know it is easier said than done). It is the final respect that you can give to him.

Is it taught anywhere that if you are a believer of J you cannot hold an incense ?

but burning aroma incense at home is perfectly ok ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    If you look into the practice of holding joss-sticks, it is never in the context of respect but it is always taken as praying to another. There are many other ways of showing respect which will not be misconstrued. But the very act of holding and placing the joss sticks into an urn, is already a form of worship, irregardless of whether you called it respect or not. As a believer, we are not to worship anyone except God. No man or angelic or spiritual being deserves any worship except God. A Christian who holds joss sticks and placing them before their ancestors is already involved in ancestor worship. In the book, on page 68, I quote "God forbids a relationship with the spirits of the dead. See, Deuteronomy 18:9-14. Therefore it is wrong to burn joss sticks and incense to the dead..."

http://exposingchineseancestorworshi...ss-sticks.html

I thought that church in the news now ...their followers worship Kong Hee ...

so they worship more than God .. any contradiction there ?

Quote Originally Posted by 狮子王
    Why not ? Those that do not believe in such things are in for a rude shock later in their experience.

I have seen how these works especially when my grandma was a Tangki or medium.

That is why I seek the Most High protection since a little kid.

does that mean they are a HIGHER form than your Most HIGH ??

Quote Originally Posted by 狮子王
    You think they so stupid to make you look like you are possessed? No, that is just a very crude form of their rituals.

They work in subtle manner, causing you to make wrong decisions, for example in investment or your career.
    i believe you bro.
    when i strike it rich, it is because of myself.
    when i make losses in investment, it is because others subvert my mind to make wrong investment decisions.

My dedication to all kind brothers and sisters here, for their support in me and their guidance and helpful advice :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTP63k_PygY

Enjoy.

(BTW, I am 1/2 Japanese, 1/2 Chinese. I look very much like this guy.)

i believe you bro.
    when i strike it rich, it is because of myself.
    when i make losses in investment, it is because others subvert my mind to make wrong investment decisions.
    Totally agree.

WOAHAHAHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Is it taught anywhere that if you are a believer of J you cannot hold an incense ?

but burning aroma incense at home is perfectly ok ?

yes. the external form matters very much.
    as long as it is smokeless, or in the form of mist, or short and fat, then using aromatic candles (short and fat), oils (smokeless), mister are okay.

however if the object is long and thin diameter, (like joss stick), and emits lots of smoke, then it is forbidden.

the colours are important too, anything that is red and/or brown is a no. so long thin joss stick that are brown body and have red handles are a double no.
    red short and fat candles are not ok.
    green short and fat candles are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Honour your father and your mother

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour_...and_thy_mother

why are you quoting from the OT, it is superseded by the NT.

as long as it is smokeless, or in the form of mist, or short and fat, then using aromatic candles (short and fat), oils (smokeless), mister are okay.

however if the object is long and thin diameter, (like joss stick), and emits lots of smoke, then it is forbidden.

the colours are important too, anything that is red and/or brown is a no. so long thin joss stick that are brown body and have red handles are a double no.

wow so specific ..

no wonder the bible is so thick ...

how about doing MTV and appearing sluttish ? Depicting Asian Slut or Slave ? are those ok ?

how about doing MTV and appearing sluttish ? Depicting Asian Slut or Slave ? are those ok ?
    once i have grasped the concept of the bible, i threw the bible away and used only these 2 things as my guide.
    1) to love and to forgive
    2) the true path is always hardest path

(The message within is more important than the actual physical book itself, which is just ink and paper. anybody can lift portions from the bible to support their point, that's why i just threw the book away. I live by principles, not by quotations)

is it easier to not hold joss stick (can be seen easily)?
    or is it easier to love and forgive the dead father (cannot be seen easily)?
    only that person can answer for himself.
    you may say not holding joss stick is a difficult decision, ie face disapproval from relatives etc. yes but once you identified yourself with a group, eg, the opinion of that group matters more than the opinions of the relatives, so is not holding joss stick a really difficult decision?

which of the ragheads are more holy?
    is it more holy for the ragheads who do not eat pork but commit other sins like womanizing, drink alcohol, corruption?
    or is it more holy for the ragheads who do not corrupt, do not womanize, do not drink alcohol but eat pork?

now, about doing MTV, appearing sluttish, depicting asian slut or slave.
    one of the question in my mind is: does the end justifies the means?

let me think about it first. then i will give my judgement, (not opinion.)
    Last edited by hopeful; 07-06-13 at 16:52.

why are you quoting from the OT, it is superseded by the NT.
    Because Human cannot fulfill the OT that is why J have to die on the cross for us. The OT, NT are book write by man, following all that is written by the book do not give you the salvation until J die on the cross for you.

God loved the people of this world so much that He gave His only son, so that everyone who has faith in Him will have eternal life and never die (John 3:16).

I thought that church in the news now ...their followers worship Kong Hee ...

so they worship more than God .. any contradiction there ?
    Kong Hee is a man, when christian go to church they worship God.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body," (1 Cor. 6:19-20).

http://carm.org/christianity/sermons...ody-his-temple

i am having a laugh.
    They have nothing to do with religion.

Fengshui - The history of feng shui covers 3,500+ years[15] before the invention of the magnetic compass. It originated in Chinese astronomy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui.

Astronomy in China has a very long history, with historians considering that "they [the Chinese] were the most persistent and accurate observers of celestial phenomena anywhere in the world before the Arabs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_astronomy

BaZi or Chinese Astrology

For centuries the Chinese have been fascinated with the mystery of Chinese metaphysics. A Chinese Astrology or BaZi reading of the four items of your birth data allows you to delve into the great mysteries of life. This reading allows you to gain an interpretation of your destiny code written in the eight characters of your birth data.

http://www.fengshui-innovations.com....azi-calculator

Grand Master Tan Khoon Yong will ask you what religion you believe in and advise you on Fengshui. You don't have to burn and do offering.

http://www.wayonnet.com/aboutus.aspx?aID=62
    Last edited by Arcachon; 07-06-13 at 18:07.

When I first started this thread, I have doubts anyone would care.

But your genuine concern about my petty problem touched my heart.

Thanks

Default Matthew 7:7–8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_7:7%E2%80%938

The World English Bible translates the passage as:

7 "Ask, and it will be given you. Seek, and you will
    find. Knock, and it will be opened for you.

8 For everyone who asks receives. He who seeks
    finds. To him who knocks it will be opened.

Brother Arachon, you are very learned. I am also impressed at ur knowledge of Taoism

I was a atheist and my wife received Christ before our marriage. She pray for my salvation for a long time and I have been trying to get away from the lord. I get myself posted to Arizona thinking in the desert there should be no God, boy was I wrong. There is a Chinese Church in Tucson and I was baptist there.

My mum use to visit the medium to seek for advise and one day she was very angry with me and scolded me. She told me the medium was unable to get near me because I was protected by the Lord, I was not baptist but I know my wife was praying for my salvation.

After a few year after I was baptist I began to get away from the lord, this time I get myself posted to France. The lord always plan ahead of you, he have a English pastor waiting for me in France. This pastor came to France from England when he was a young man and have been preaching in France till his retirement. He ask the lord what he should do after his retirement and the lord send Singaporean to his church in France.