Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Quinn at Bartley Road

this developer launched The Maisons nearby recently. after asking high, they found that units couldn't move and offered discounts.

so...........

Quote Originally Posted by skins
    I was hoping for 3 bedders to be in the range of 14++ psf, like that means no chance?

gotta add: the discount was offered to bulk buyers and was not advertised.

u need to try to bargain for it.

just to give you an example: the 1516psf record psf for R maison's 1 bedder after the hard bargain can be gotten at 1390psf.

Start from 15XX for 3+1 penthouse??
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    this developer launched The Maisons nearby recently. after asking high, they found that units couldn't move and offered discounts.

so...........
    So means buy early from this developer is not safe?

gotta add: the discount was offered to bulk buyers and was not advertised.

u need to try to bargain for it.

just to give you an example: the 1516psf record psf for R maison's 1 bedder after the hard bargain can be gotten at 1390psf.
    I notice most 1-bedder are around $1500 psf from the caveats lodged. Bulk buying discount applies to many projects.

not say not safe. they are small but backed by rich oei hong leong's sister. pretty new in ppty development and need to move their units fast. so it really depends on the demand at the launch's price point.

yes. but if so lucky know of enough pple to buy 5 units including urself, can approach this developer liao. they will be glad to sell the 5 units at 1390psf instead of waiting for 1500+psf.

Quote Originally Posted by wirehtc
    I notice most 1-bedder are around $1500 psf from the caveats lodged. Bulk buying discount applies to many projects.

If the price is decent around $1500 psf for 1 bedder, I think it is a good buy.

so...........
    actually the maisons isn't overly priced leh .... it is a fh ppty ... I tot 1 bedder at $1500 is very attractive wor ...

I dun feel it is unfair in any way. Bulk discount due to slow moving ...

Put it tis way, if the developers tell those 1st buyers tat they can revise the $ to $1390psf if they get 4 more units .... will they still feel tat they r being chopped?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    actually the maisons isn't overly priced leh .... it is a fh ppty ... I tot 1 bedder at $1500 is very attractive wor ...

Put it tis way, if the developers tell those 1st buyers tat they can revise the $ to $1390psf if they get 4 more units .... will they still feel tat they r being chopped?
    Provided its bulk discount then yup i agree it would be ok.

Tentative launch date is 27th July

www.thequinn-bartley-singapore.com

its currently a quantum game.

take 3 1 bedders:

398 sq ft (no longer seen at new launches it seems) 1500psf = 597k. below 600k very attractive!

474 sq ft (more common now) 1500psf = 711k. ok, still acceptable.

581 sq ft (Maisons, non mickey mouse, commendable, but not what market is looking for) 1500psf = $871,500! almost 900k for a 1 bedder is not seen as attractive by quantum in investment terms.

Official price list isn't out yet
    The developer might price it less aggressively in view of market conditions

Thinking about it, a 1bedder FH that is pretty far from mrt would not be in as high demand for rental compared to LH nearby mrt. Probably many people looking for own stay wouldn't mind this fact. But, since most 1bedder tenants will not be driving, rental demand will not be high.
    Ride or Die

I do not regard 500 plus metres as 'pretty far'.

The Quinn has a unique French Indochine theme (similar to 1919 @ Sophia Rd) that may appeal to a certain group of tenants.

Other condo developments while nearer to the mrt station are just bland steel and glass buildings.

The launch date for the Quinn is confirmed to be 27th July.

However, The QUINN/MAISONS show gallery will be open on 20th July.

Call 91087536 for details.

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe
    I do not regard 500 plus metres as 'pretty far'.

I do agree, esp with FH establishment, it is hard to find one tat is tat near mrt.

I do agree, esp with FH establishment, it is hard to find one tat is tat near mrt.
    Self stay is ok. But if want to rent out, i doubt tenants give a damn whether it is freehold or leasehold.

If same amount of rent, tenants only care about location, convenience and if the unit is in a good condition plus other criteria they may have.

550m you have to cross a main road(Bartley road) which is going to be widened. Probably need to cross an overhead bridge.

And 550m >10mins walk. The preference is personal i guess, if own stay/tenant drives, probably no problem at all.
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    Self stay is ok. But if want to rent out, i doubt tenants give a damn whether it is freehold or leasehold.

If same amount of rent, tenants only care about location, convenience and if the unit is in a good condition plus other criteria they may have.
    if I were a potential buyer, the tendency is more towards self stay. normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out la, even with similar rents, the yield will be lower, no point.

for fh self stay, usually ppl drives, hence dun expect them to walk fm the mrt so they dun really care if mrt is at doorstep onot.

if I were a potential buyer, the tendency is more towards self stay. normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out la, even with similar rents, the yield will be lower, no point.

for fh self stay, usually ppl drives, hence dun expect them to walk fm the mrt so they dun really care if mrt is at doorstep onot.
    So you mean to say I cannot find any freehold unit for rent if I search the classifieds at any point in time and almost all freehold dwellers drive?

So you mean to say I cannot find any freehold unit for rent if I search the classifieds at any point in time and almost all freehold dwellers drive?

tsk, tsk, tsk ... mai anyhow put words into my post hor!

I wrote "the tendency is more towards self stay" " normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out", " for fh self stay, usually ppl drives"

I think that's too judgemental. With the high costs of coe, how can you assume most people will be driving. That is equivalent to saying usually people who stay near to mrt wont drive.

Plus, I'd dare say that most 1 bedders would not be for own stay
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    I think that's too judgemental. With the high costs of coe, how can you assume most people will be driving. That is equivalent to saying usually people who stay near to mrt wont drive.

Plus, I'd dare say that most 1 bedders would not be for own stay
    u another one! I hv alrdy disclaimed by saying if I were a potential buyer ...

But it's getting harder to purchase cars unless you are flushed with excess cash.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    But it's getting harder to purchase cars unless you are flushed with excess cash.
    den in the 1st place one shouldn't be choosing a FH if distance fm mrt is really tat critical to him lor ... one cant hv his cake n eat it, rite?

Actually there are freehold near mrt.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Actually there are freehold near mrt.
    I nvr say no fh near mrt wor

tsk, tsk, tsk ... mai anyhow put words into my post hor!

I wrote "the tendency is more towards self stay" " normally ppl wun choose to buy a fh to rent out", " for fh self stay, usually ppl drives"
    I think you can't say I put words in your mouth. If what you say is true, it shd be difficult for me to find freehold property to rent and I did say "almost all freehold dwellers drive"

Anyhow, I'm not the only one is "mistaken".

I think you can't say I put words in your mouth. If what you say is true, it shd be difficult for me to find freehold property to rent and I did say "almost all freehold dwellers drive"

Anyhow, I'm not the only one is "mistaken".
    nope, in the 1st place, I dun feel tat it is hard to rent out a FH ppty wor

whether it is difficult to rent or not depends a lot on yr rental target.

if say 2 projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. if the owner of the fh is willing to match the price of a LH, they r basically no diff to the tenants.

likewise, if 2 sellers, projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. everything similar, price oso the same, of cos most if not all of the buyers will quickly snap the fh rite?