Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Quinn at Bartley Road

Quote Originally Posted by sabian
    I think you can't say I put words in your mouth. If what you say is true, it shd be difficult for me to find freehold property to rent and I did say "almost all freehold dwellers drive"

Anyhow, I'm not the only one is "mistaken".
    It is true. It is not us who are mistaken by it. But it's Bro mermaid's phrasing that makes it confusing. I'm sure if Bro sabian, ecimbew and I have been mistaken by it, then there is a problem somewhere.
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    nope, in the 1st place, I dun feel tat it is hard to rent out a FH ppty wor

whether it is difficult to rent or not depends a lot on yr rental target.

if say 2 projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. if the owner of the fh is willing to match the price of a LH, they r basically no diff to the tenants.

likewise, if 2 sellers, projects side by side, 1 FH & the other LH. everything similar, price oso the same, of cos most if not all of the buyers will quickly snap the fh rite?
    I didn't mean you said that it is hard to rent out a FH ppty. Just that you mentioned that the tendency is more towards self stay for FH.

I was saying as a prospective tenant, I really don't care about FH or leasehold. I will look location, convenience, amenities, facilities.

And this evolved from the discussion about The Quinn.

A prospective tenant can also say I prefer renting a unit in a development where I do not have to fight with 800 plus households to use the facilities.

Anyway, Quinn show gallery will be open from 20th July 11am.

www.thequinn-bartley-singapore.com

Wow! 1 of only nice project I come across so far these 2 years because 139 units only on 7k+ sqm land! Even if $1500+ psf is still more worth it than J Gateway!
    There are just too many overcrowded condos nowadays featuring >300 units per estate on relatively small land with insufficient volume of facilities!

actually the maisons isn't overly priced leh .... it is a fh ppty ... I tot 1 bedder at $1500 is very attractive wor ...

I dun feel it is unfair in any way. Bulk discount due to slow moving ...

Put it tis way, if the developers tell those 1st buyers tat they can revise the $ to $1390psf if they get 4 more units .... will they still feel tat they r being chopped?

Buy new freehold for investnent is not a good idea if there is another new leasehold beside it. You pay upfront premium and in ROI wise you get lesser loh.

felicia... thats the diff between mass mkt and boutique projects. u pay more for the latter for better quality of living.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

Quote Originally Posted by felicia_sg
    Wow! 1 of only nice project I come across so far these 2 years because 139 units only on 7k+ sqm land! Even if $1500+ psf is still more worth it than J Gateway!
    !
    even if the density is similar to J gateway, Quinn pricing will be more attractive to me ...

as bddr is still undeveloped, Im confident tat the future prospect wun be any lesser den jurong wor!

I didn't mean you said that it is hard to rent out a FH ppty. Just that you mentioned that the tendency is more towards self stay for FH.
    tats how I feel abt the rationale of a fh buyer in general ...

I was saying as a prospective tenant, I really don't care about FH or leasehold. I will look location, convenience, amenities, facilities.
    isn't tis yr feel towards fh fm a tenant pov as well? how can u be sure tat yr feel is not the 1% minority leh?

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe
    According to Propertyguru, the distance from Quinn to Woodleigh mrt station is 550m. (see attached pic)

www.thequinn-bartley -singapore.com
    Walk to Bartley MRT nearest entrance about 605m
    To Woodleigh is 645m.
    To Serangoon is 675m.
    Should be at least 8 min walk without counting traffic lights waiting time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Walk to Bartley MRT nearest entrance about 605m
    To Woodleigh is 645m.
    To Serangoon is 675m.
    Should be at least 8 min walk without counting traffic lights waiting time.
    Source of your information ?

Source of your information ?
    Onemap.sg, overlay the street map and land lots to get the actual walking path. But I measured from the nearest side of the site assuming they would build a side gate there. Otherwise the walking distances will be further.

Onemap.sg, overlay the street map and land lots to get the actual walking path. But I measured from the nearest side of the site assuming they would build a side gate there. Otherwise the walking distances will be further.
    I measured using the same method along the main road from Bartley mrt to the middle of the largest Quinn plot and got around 870 metres. It looks to me this is the shortest walking path. This concurs well with the ipad measurement of 0.9km mentioned in earlier postings. And yes, if you add in the waiting time under the sun or rain for traffic lights, it will make the total travel time longer from Quinn to Bartley mrt. Distance from Quinn to Woodleight mrt is a bit shorter at around 0.75km

Quote Originally Posted by proxon
    I measured using the same method along the main road from Bartley mrt to the middle of the largest Quinn plot and got around 870 metres. It looks to me this is the shortest walking path. This concurs well with the ipad measurement of 0.9km mentioned in earlier postings. And yes, if you add in the waiting time under the sun or rain for traffic lights, it will make the total travel time longer from Quinn to Bartley mrt. Distance from Quinn to Woodleight mrt is a bit shorter at around 0.75km
    Ok we measure differently. Mine is from entrance to entrance.

Ok, well I measure by actually walking from the site to the Woodleigh mrt station and my conclusion is....its a walkable distance.

Btw, a couple of units were 'sold' over the weekend.

Wow $1540-1560psf for 2/3 bedders, gambler rich people must be smiling now.

The 3 deluxe ground floor 1602 psf, how much is the increase per floor?
    Last edited by Autumnwinds; 24-07-13 at 10:27.
    Ride or Die

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    The 3 deluxe ground floor 1602 psf, how much is the increase per floor?
    the ground floor has larger sq feet so psf only 1602, think the higher floor same stack is around 1700++psf. think not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by skins
    the ground floor has larger sq feet so psf only 1602, think the higher floor same stack is around 1700++psf. think not worth it
    Huh the ground floor 1141 sqft. Then second floor onwards what size?
    Ride or Die

Huh the ground floor 1141 sqft. Then second floor onwards what size?
    1066 sq feet if i recall correctly.

Wow $1540-1560psf for 2/3 bedders, gambler rich people must be smiling now.
    18 Woodsville was also transacted around this level last year. Both are freehold.

18 Woodsville was also transacted around this level last year. Both are freehold.

The acquired price for 18 Woodsville translated to $905.9 psf per plot ratio. VS the quinn's price of S$810 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

18 Woodsville is approximately 200m to potong pasir Mrt vs 650m for the quinn. One district 13, the other 19.

Does bringing up 18 Woodsville as comparison to The quinn help justify it's premium price tag? I should think not.
    Ride or Die

18w was at $1700-1900. Cannot compare...cos only 160m to MRT entrance

18 Woodsville freehold 200m away fr mrt $1700-1900 psf

Quinn freehold 600m away fr mrt $1500-1600 psf

Both located near city fringe

18w was at $1700-1900. Cannot compare...cos only 160m to MRT entrance
    not a very close comparison but 18w certainly provides a gd guage as to whether Quinn is over/underpriced.
    if Quinn is as near to the mrt as 18w, do u tink it will still be selling at 1500-1600psf with today higher mfg cost?

As a guideline... drop 1psf per 2metre. lol
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

not a very close comparison but 18w certainly provides a gd guage as to whether Quinn is over/underpriced.
    if Quinn is as near to the mrt as 18w, do u tink it will still be selling at 1500-1600psf with today higher mfg cost?
    Indicative prices are out already. 3Bedroom compact from 1540 ,premium from 1600.
    Ride or Die

The acquired price for 18 Woodsville translated to $905.9 psf per plot ratio. VS the quinn's price of S$810 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

18 Woodsville is approximately 200m to potong pasir Mrt vs 650m for the quinn. One district 13, the other 19.

Does bringing up 18 Woodsville as comparison to The quinn help justify it's premium price tag? I should think not.
    Haha. I am not the developer so I do not need to justify anything. Let us just analyse with objectivity and without emotion.

Haha. I am not the developer so I do not need to justify anything. Let us just analyse with objectivity and without emotion.
    Developer requires agents to help them justify. Yes ? No?
    Ride or Die

Developer requires agents to help them justify. Yes ? No?
    No. Justify is a loaded word. The actual situation is this = agents prefer pricing to be reasonable so that deals are more likely to go thru.

However, pricing is determined by the developer, which is a profit maximising entity.

No. Justify is a loaded word. The actual situation is this = agents prefer pricing to be reasonable so that deals are more likely to go thru.

However, pricing is determined by the developer, which is a profit maximising entity.
    So put it this way. Developer servant outrageous pricing, you are the agent, I'm the buyer. I'll say it's very expensive, and you will tell me that it isn't. Justifying the price right. So far, I've only met one agent who has been truthful in his agenda. And that person is also a friend.

Otherwise....
    Ride or Die