Thread: ~ Actions of developers ~

Default ~ Actions of developers ~

Do you think the actions of developers provide a good guage of how bullish the property market is and how prices will be heading in the near future?

If they dun expect the demands to be there, will they fight over land bids? If they are not even confident of the profits from a particular project, will they still bid blindly for them at incredibly high prices?

of course ... I notice FEO is aggressive again after a few losing bids
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    of course ... I notice FEO is aggressive again after a few losing bids
    I was thinking, how is the market gg to crash when both sellers & buyers hv such a high sentiments, even though there might not be enough actual demands. As long as ppl can afford to buy & hold, the bullish sentiments will continue rite?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    I was thinking, how is the market gg to crash when both sellers & buyers hv such a high sentiments, even though there might not be enough actual demands. As long as ppl can afford to buy & hold, the bullish sentiments will continue rite?
    it all depends on the immigration floodgate, for sure Peninsula Plaza has less visitors now (but those visitors are not condo buyers) .. in today's paper, Tharman is quoted as trying to reduce foreigners in the middle tier of foreign banks now so this might remove some rental demand for HDBs/mass market condos

but again, Kenobi-wan already say he must make sure seniors depend on HDB rentals can survive

and cost of holding is negligible even if SIBOR goes up to 1%, imo SIBOR could be below 2% at least till 2018

taking it altogether, PAP is trying to engineer soft landing with a long flight path, not crash

afterall china ppty increased by 100% over the last 5 yrs oso haven crash, let alone sg which oni increased by 50% nia!

...heard that PRs' Children are strongly encouraged to study in local schools....so that they can interact better with locals....by and by these foreigners would be friends of our children...who will be friends when they grow up as one happy family......when that day come....there will be less resentment towards foreigners....then we can welcome more foreigners.
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Default Developers

Thanks for your made of post.

afterall china ppty increased by 100% over the last 5 yrs oso haven crash, let alone sg which oni increased by 50% nia!
    All my chinese friends can take out nearly 500k sgd to buy house at only 20.... Can we do it? If Sg can fo that, I feel the price will go up more...

Be afraid, be very afraid

Do you think the actions of developers provide a good guage of how bullish the property market is and how prices will be heading in the near future?

If they dun expect the demands to be there, will they fight over land bids? If they are not even confident of the profits from a particular project, will they still bid blindly for them at incredibly high prices?
    developers core business is developing property and they have an entire office of staffs on their pay roll. They are aggressive no by choice, but out of necessity to be in the business.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    ...heard that PRs' Children are strongly encouraged to study in local schools....so that they can interact better with locals....by and by these foreigners would be friends of our children...who will be friends when they grow up as one happy family......when that day come....there will be less resentment towards foreigners....then we can welcome more foreigners.
    While e PR children study in highly subsided public schools, most of e boys won't stay on to do NS. This is e big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    All my chinese friends can take out nearly 500k sgd to buy house at only 20.... Can we do it? If Sg can fo that, I feel the price will go up more...
    yr Chinese fwens may not be a gd sampling size of the Chinese markets cos u shd noe tat not simi tiongsters can suka suka migrate here de lor ....

although most singaporeans cant fork out 0.5mil at 20yrs old, dun underestimate their ability to buy wor .... ppl r juz baiting for the "crash"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    developers core business is developing property and they have an entire office of staffs on their pay roll. They are aggressive no by choice, but out of necessity to be in the business.
    aggressive not by choice, I agree but 没有人会做亏本生意. So if they dare to pay so much for a piece of land, they muz be confident of selling them in 1 way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Be afraid, be very afraid
    tat day I saw an article saying tat indian population will supersede tat of china wor ... I wonder wat race will make up the increase to 6.9mil!

tat day I saw an article saying tat indian population will supersede tat of china wor ... I wonder wat race will make up the increase to 6.9mil!
    India has got no 1 child policy, thats why population will grow faster than China. However in China there are plenty of good middle income job, hence chinese will less likely to want to move overseas, except perhaps to USA or Canada.

Whereas for India, most educated indians venture abroad. At the moment, USA and UK is still they favorite destination.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."