Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Faber Walk Site

Quote Originally Posted by nydeidith View Post
    quite surprised that this dev managed to sell quite well despite the price...guess there are still many buyers out there buying for stay...
    These are genuine buyers for own stay and they are really exercised wisdom in choosing the units. A large proportion of the units taken are the either the very affordable 2 bedders not facing anywhere (at least most of them don't get afternoon sun) or the larger 3 and 4 bedders facing the pool (getting morning sun only). On the other hand, the majority of the "premium" stacks that faces the Sungei were not taken; reflecting the simple fact that customers are not biting that because:

1. Admit it. The waterfront is actually an upsized Monsoon Drain. Not river. Not some Kallang or Marina Bay kinda waterfront with jetskis or canoes or what nots over here. It is simply a very very big longkang. Period.
    2. Premium stacks all kena west sun. Slanted west sun. But its still west sun. Period x 2.
    3. The layout of the premium stacks has a lot of wasted space like a huge balcony or balconies in the master bedroom. These are simply useless to many buyers. And they won't pay for it. Neither will I. Period x 3.
    4. Premium for the above 3 factors. You need to be damned clear what you want and what you are getting when you commit to that facing at that pricing. I have stayed there for 30 over years and I am damned sure what I am getting so no thanks to the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Albon15 View Post
    Home stay buyers have different needs and criterias when choosing which condo to buy as compared to investment buyers. That explained the difference in purchase decisions. I stayed in a condo with 600+ units on top of a commercial development near bus interchange n mrt station. Condo are always full of visitors and facilities are usually packed with users. Driving back home during peak hours its a chore as I have to squeeze with buses or shoppers who parked at the commercial development. I would appreciate a quieter environment if I am looking for another unit just for a change. Of course I know I have to pay equivalent or higher price for it knowing I will miss the convenience of transport and amenities. To each his own.
    Well said! Fully agreed! You win some you lose some. Just know where and how you wanna draw the line between the 2.

Trilinq will solve the location issue to NUS and NTU.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    Trilinq will solve the location issue to NUS and NTU.
    But Trilinq doesn't agree to our budget

Greedy Developer...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu View Post
    Should have a mrt station nearby in future. Maybe thats why?
    There is supposedly a West Coast MRT belonging to the new CIL. But this will only be ready by 2030. And exact location is still not firmed up yet; presumably by 2016 and you know why My guess is somewhere in Pandan or Teban Garden because of the commuter catchment area + Pandan Loop industrial site. Why not West Coast? Because it is too near to the current Clementi MRT station which will serve as the interchange station between the new CIL and current EWL. The train would need to start decelerating as soon as it accelerates outta Clementi station!

Quote Originally Posted by Antz621 View Post
    There is supposedly a West Coast MRT belonging to the new CIL. But this will only be ready by 2030. And exact location is still not firmed up yet; presumably by 2016 and you know why My guess is somewhere in Pandan or Teban Garden because of the commuter catchment area + Pandan Loop industrial site. Why not West Coast? Because it is too near to the current Clementi MRT station which will serve as the interchange station between the new CIL and current EWL. The train would need to start decelerating as soon as it accelerates outta Clementi station!
    West Coast Station should be somewhere near the Japanese School:
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...758&dg=feature

And you can guess what are the good condos that are under discount now to grab

West Coast Station should be somewhere near the Japanese School:
    https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...758&dg=feature

And you can guess what are the good condos that are under discount now to grab
    Actually I was there around that site last week. There is a huge boarded fenced-up plot of land next to Infiniti. Being curious if they are doing soil analysis for the train station, I drove over to kapo to see the site information tablet. Nothing much was revealed. Owner is URA. If it is really the station then the cluster of Infiniti / Carabelle / Botannia / Newest / Hundred Trees and Mont. Park really huat liao. This is an underground station somemore

Quote Originally Posted by taeyeon View Post
    isint price the same ? u have better discount?
    Yes I do! (machiam like getting married, haha). But is not I give, is developer give. Starbuys! Developer is trying to maintain the hype, so to keep sales moving, is offering starbuys. But I notice price change liao. 4BRs up almost 40k, 3BRs up close to 20k.

Actually I was there around that site last week. There is a huge boarded fenced-up plot of land next to Infiniti. Being curious if they are doing soil analysis for the train station, I drove over to kapo to see the site information tablet. Nothing much was revealed. Owner is URA. If it is really the station then the cluster of Infiniti / Carabelle / Botannia / Newest / Hundred Trees and Mont. Park really huat liao. This is an underground station somemore
    Possibly at this plot of empty land: https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.31.../data=!3m1!1e3

Possibly at this plot of empty land: https://www.google.com.sg/maps/@1.31.../data=!3m1!1e3
    Then buy infiniti resale suah!

But Trilinq doesn't agree to our budget

Greedy Developer...
    Might not be, now....
    Just dropped you a PM about price negotiation for the Trilinq.

Those also interested to know can call/SMS me at 96882200. Try not to PM me as my mailbox is usually full....
    Last edited by sunboy77; 21-05-14 at 15:43.

Latest Waterfront @ Faber sales update: approximate 40% sold.

For Waterfront @ Faber latest infor and update, please visit: www.allpropertylaunches.sg/waterfront-at-faber/

Please contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660 for enquiry fast response.

Cheerios

Any buyer bought waterfront@faber for homestay?

Hi Albon15,

Yes we do have buyers who bought Waterfront@Faber for own essential stay because of the serene and tranquility environment.

Waterfront@Faber project infor site: www.allpropertylaunches.sg/waterfront-at-faber/

Please contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660 for immediate enquiry response.

Thank you

Cheerios

Sorry. I meant anyone here bought a unit at faber? Not asking abt take up rate.

Sorry. I meant anyone here bought a unit at faber? Not asking abt take up rate.
    no pro Albon15.

Interesting to read all the comments here.

I actually bought a unit for my own stay. My initial intention was to buy a 2 bedded but after studying the floor plans like 100 times and looking at potential affordability and potential flexibility of what I can do with the layout I bought a 3 bedroom dual key (the stack not facing the pool as I too do not believe in paying premium for a pool view). After all it's at least 3 years away and a lot can happen. So there were only possibly a total of 4 units outta the whole devt that I can look at buying (I only like 1 of the 2 bedroom layout and the 3bedroom dual key layout) that are likely within my budget and acceptable price psf especially as this will be my 2nd property and I have to pay that ABSD. So if all those few units were sold before my ballot turn, I too would have walked out empty handed.

Buying a property for your own stay is essentially very different from buying one for investment. Though the location comes with a little inconvenience, but it comes with other convenience for me too. Proximity to my daughter's potential future schools, tranquil and away from the hustle and bustle and proximity to the park connector - I now stay at a town centre with amenities within steps and the upcoming mrt station is literally next to my block and it's underground. Why move if I want the same convenience? I also like the fact that it is a smaller development and feels more exclusive and the overall concept of the devt.

I also did research on how much the developer has paid for the land, it's plot ratio etc. Marketing and publicity was quite well done for this project and that also means added costs. This gave me an rough gauge of what the breakeven price would be for WCL and that worked out for me what would be a reasonable price to pay.

And yes, prices have increased since which I have actually expected.

One more thing, I also checked if the only empty plot of land next to waterfront is already put up by URA for sale. It's not though yet. Unlike Lakeville, the plot of land between lakeville and lakeshore is already put up for sale for residential.

I checked cuz I was considering stack 16 2 bedder of what I will be potentially facing when that land gets developed in the future and potential direct noise when construction takes place.

Hi jem, Why don't u wait for triliq?

looks like a good move, you can either rent out your present place (which would fetch a decent rental with mrt and amenties) or sell it and claim back the ABSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Interesting to read all the comments here.

I actually bought a unit for my own stay. My initial intention was to buy a 2 bedded but after studying the floor plans like 100 times and looking at potential affordability and potential flexibility of what I can do with the layout I bought a 3 bedroom dual key (the stack not facing the pool as I too do not believe in paying premium for a pool view). After all it's at least 3 years away and a lot can happen. So there were only possibly a total of 4 units outta the whole devt that I can look at buying (I only like 1 of the 2 bedroom layout and the 3bedroom dual key layout) that are likely within my budget and acceptable price psf especially as this will be my 2nd property and I have to pay that ABSD. So if all those few units were sold before my ballot turn, I too would have walked out empty handed.

Buying a property for your own stay is essentially very different from buying one for investment. Though the location comes with a little inconvenience, but it comes with other convenience for me too. Proximity to my daughter's potential future schools, tranquil and away from the hustle and bustle and proximity to the park connector - I now stay at a town centre with amenities within steps and the upcoming mrt station is literally next to my block and it's underground. Why move if I want the same convenience? I also like the fact that it is a smaller development and feels more exclusive and the overall concept of the devt.

I also did research on how much the developer has paid for the land, it's plot ratio etc. Marketing and publicity was quite well done for this project and that also means added costs. This gave me an rough gauge of what the breakeven price would be for WCL and that worked out for me what would be a reasonable price to pay.

And yes, prices have increased since which I have actually expected.

Congrats Jem on securing an unit at Waterfront@Faber

Current latest update for Waterfront@Faber; approx 42% units have been sold.

2br (1 last unit left), 2br DK and 3br deluxe seem to be the most high in demand! 4 out of 11units 5br strata house has been sold.

For Waterfront@Faber project infor: please visit Waterfront@Faber Homepage

For fast enquire response, pls contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

Cheerios

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    Hi jem, Why don't u wait for triliq?
    I didn't consider Trilinq at all after doing my research and evaluation. The developer paid a lower psf for that land than Waterfront and it's priced so much higher. That to me means that the developer is very greedy and I feel developers who are essentially greedy may tend to cut corners just to profit more. After all we are buying on paper and there is still a huge risk to consider how the finished/end product may be. I was also aware of the lower ground that Waterfront sits on and have feedbacked to the developer. They are aware of that and will be building measures to avoid possible flooding of the basement carpark etc. The papers I got also included their approval to make use of the adjacent drainage for the building of the estate.

I do not fancy any development that exceeds 600 units - Trilinq has 755. If I am to buy a new launch high rise condo I really would prefer one that will feature a sky pool. I drove around the estate and the feel of the drive leading to Waterfront was very welcoming. It's after all a home you are looking at and it's tough to find one of a right location, right price and feels like home.
    Again, it's all personal preferences. Due to timing - I want to move in not later than within the next 3 to 3.5 years time, any subsequent new launches will be eliminated as well. If I didn't get a unit I like at Waterfront I would have looked into resale and taken my time to find one at a good price and with a layout I like (that's also another thing. Those condos which have TOP in the last year to 8 years all have bay windows surrounding nearly the entire circumference of the units which I really do not like).

Happy House Hunting everyone
    Last edited by Jem; 29-05-14 at 14:42.

undersand you appreciate exclusiveness and tranquility.

I agree IOI is a greedy developer. But I can see some anti-commonsense issues in what you say about project quality and developers' profit.

Just imagine if you are a developer, will you be more generous when you make money or when you are fighting to break-even? I do not think the waterfront deveoper bid the land to lose money or to do charity.

I didn't consider Trilinq at all after doing my research and evaluation. The developer paid a lower psf for that land than Waterfront and it's priced so much higher. That to me means that the developer is very greedy and I feel developers who are essentially greedy may tend to cut corners just to profit more. After all we are buying on paper and there is still a huge risk to consider how the finished/end product may be. I was also aware of the lower ground that Waterfront sits on and have feedbacked to the developer. They are aware of that and will be building measures to avoid possible flooding of the basement carpark etc. The papers I got also included their approval to make use of the adjacent drainage for the building of the estate.

I do not fancy any development that exceeds 600 units - Trilinq has 755. If I am to buy a new launch high rise condo I really would prefer one that will feature a sky pool. I drove around the estate and the feel of the drive leading to Waterfront was very welcoming. It's after all a home you are looking at and it's tough to find one of a right location, right price and feels like home.
    Again, it's all personal preferences. Due to timing - I want to move in not later than within the next 3 to 3.5 years time, any subsequent new launches will be eliminated as well. If I didn't get a unit I like at Waterfront I would have looked into resale and taken my time to find one at a good price and with a layout I like (that's also another thing. Those condos which have TOP in the last year to 8 years all have bay windows surrounding nearly the entire circumference of the units which I really do not like).

Correlation between development quality and profit margin is way too complex to comprehend and substantiate. There will still be a possibility of cutting corner (via inferior construction material used) although developers enjoy high profit margin (as a result of high psf) due to greed. Likewise, not all developers will want to resort to cut corners and risk loss of reputation and law suit over one project due to low profit margin as a result of unexpected market conditions. Some will resort to passing construction cost to buyers by removing furniture and fittings and relaunching unsold units at lower price. What we can do as buyers are to do our homework in advance (eg. considering varying viewpoints wrt a particular project) and then make a decision as to whether to commit or to pass. As at now, no one can predict who is right and who is wrong.

I like Trilinq compared to Faber as its relatively nearer to amenities and mrt. I prefer Faber for its proximity to the park connector, its ground units with high ceiling for living and bedrooms (as compared to Trilinq model of only masterbedroom or living). Faber is slightly cheaper with lesser units compared to Trilinq. But I am sure both will attract different buyers whose preferences are different.

Looking at Waterfront developers, World Class Land, track record, the modus operandi is quite obvious. They want to clear stock fast and move on. Rather than wait for a huge profit, they prefer to make small profit quickly, and take their earnings to another project. Different strategy to IOI.

Finishing will always be a problem for big developments because too many units for contractors to finish, regardless of profit margin. So always get a good priced unit and use the savings for your reno.

Quote Originally Posted by Nas View Post
    Looking at Waterfront developers, World Class Land, track record, the modus operandi is quite obvious. They want to clear stock fast and move on. Rather than wait for a huge profit, they prefer to make small profit quickly, and take their earnings to another project. Different strategy to IOI.

Finishing will always be a problem for big developments because too many units for contractors to finish, regardless of profit margin. So always get a good priced unit and use the savings for your reno.
    Hi Nas, standing as a neutral real estate sales professional, i also share the same thought with you upon working along with them in their projects marketing. one thing to add is wcl is also willing to go full blast on marketing expenditure (i.e extraordinary big newspaper ad. tv radio ads etc for number of days) in order to get full maximum exposure. They will also likely to price it at a comparable price range in order to let the project move fast; projects like parc rosewood and the hillford are successful examples. As of today, waterfront@faber has sold more than 40% which i think is consider good and healthy standing in a project marketing perspective.

Another up and coming development by wcl and fragrance group is Citygate(former keypoint) @ beach road.

For latest Waterfront@Faber and Citygate projects enquiry, please contact Kaeden @ 9048 0660.

cheerios

Thanks for sharing, taking mrt pass Clementi everyday, I see tat Trilinq indeed is a congested project , surrounded by mrt track , nan hwa pri and beside the busy road, ..walking to mrt also far, at least 15mins , plus the new enblocked hdb flats at the old clementi interchange, much nearer to the mrt, it will outshine the Trilinq...and paid at discounted hdb price...... Trilinq need to repackage again to move units!

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill View Post
    undersand you appreciate exclusiveness and tranquility.

I agree IOI is a greedy developer. But I can see some anti-commonsense issues in what you say about project quality and developers' profit.

Just imagine if you are a developer, will you be more generous when you make money or when you are fighting to break-even? I do not think the waterfront deveoper bid the land to lose money or to do charity.
    All developers are out to make $; that is an undeniable fact. But with the lacklustre in sales volume, generosity is hard to come by nowadays... More so if you are not a powerhouse with the adequate amount of financial power. In times like these, cost cutting options will prevail in order to maintain whatever margins that are left. I am not making a sweeping statement here but take a look at MCC Land. Their first project THE CANOPY was a washout. While most developers will go all out to do an excellent job in their maiden project so as to impress, MCC Land took the opposite direction instead. And now that is costing them dearly in the Santorini Project now. Were they generous with the specs in Santo in order to make it up? IMO No. I was there last weekend and the project really sucks big time. Apart from the layout and a Quarry-view that everyone in the SF was cultured to believe to be "unique"; even basic mass mkt necessities like fridge and washer are not standard issue for all units! Although the price is relatively decent at $10xxpsf, it makes you wonder how much will these cost the developer anyway?! So I am not sure how seasoned Developers like IOI is planning to redeem itself in Clementi... Land price of $5xx selling at $13xx is seriously . The only other project in the West that I can think of with comparable big margins is Skywood and it too is drowning under its own greed. TDSR is here to stay and if developers kept thinking they can continue to charge exorbitant prices for mass market projects like they used to, the ones suffering will be themselves...

All developers are out to make $; that is an undeniable fact. But with the lacklustre in sales volume, generosity is hard to come by nowadays... More so if you are not a powerhouse with the adequate amount of financial power. In times like these, cost cutting options will prevail in order to maintain whatever margins that are left. I am not making a sweeping statement here but take a look at MCC Land. Their first project THE CANOPY was a washout. While most developers will go all out to do an excellent job in their maiden project so as to impress, MCC Land took the opposite direction instead. And now that is costing them dearly in the Santorini Project now. Were they generous with the specs in Santo in order to make it up? IMO No. I was there last weekend and the project really sucks big time. Apart from the layout and a Quarry-view that everyone in the SF was cultured to believe to be "unique"; even basic mass mkt necessities like fridge and washer are not standard issue for all units! Although the price is relatively decent at $10xxpsf, it makes you wonder how much will these cost the developer anyway?! So I am not sure how seasoned Developers like IOI is planning to redeem itself in Clementi... Land price of $5xx selling at $13xx is seriously . The only other project in the West that I can think of with comparable big margins is Skywood and it too is drowning under its own greed. TDSR is here to stay and if developers kept thinking they can continue to charge exorbitant prices for mass market projects like they used to, the ones suffering will be themselves...
    I think we are talking about two different things. What you disagree is that the pricing of Trilinq based on the developer's cost. Yes, based on the price of ppr, IOI could absolutely price it lower. but if we look at the price at that time, e.g., the pricing of Echelon, and J-gateway, and the land price of waterfront, the pricing was not unresonable at that time. But it does not mean IOI will not reduce the price of their remaining units considering the new situation. whether IOI will wait or cut price in the near future, it is up to them.

what I mean is that a developer with barely profit margin is not likely to be a santa cluase to give you super good quality products, although they will meet the general quality requirement as claimed. No matter the developer has track record or not. CDL has good track record, it presents lousy quality product too, so does FEO,etc. To be fair, IOI also has good track record.