Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Faber Walk Site

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_gy View Post
    I am an owner of Waterfront at Faber. This sounds a very bad news for me. Can anyone pose the drawing and plan ( green roofs and 6m sound barrier) accessed in GEBIZ? I can't access to it. Thanks.

Just hope they don't cut down the tree along the canal bank.
    Hi Grace, did you get a river facing unit? It might not be as bad as it looks to be honest. I am just surprised why LTA has not elaborated more clearly on their plans - plonking just a map in news without much elaboration is definitely not good PR skills.

According to the plans, there will be a strip of some scattered trees left. Refer to Pic 1 (Central North) below the boundary for some circles that presumably show the trees.

It also shows a cutback from the river bank to the boundary of the depot, maybe about 40m? I am not too sure what is the cut back from the Waterfront side - it looks to be about 30m? Plus the river width? Total maybe 100m or more?

The forest stretch from Opposite Faber Crest is the forest stretch left untouched.

The sound barrier surrounds the depot facing the river side (refer to the stretch darkened lines and the labels in Pic 2). Picture 3 is the technical specification for the sound barrier. I think this might be the most fortified sound barrier that has ever been built - honestly have not much experience in this. Not engineer trained so a bit hard to analyse Pic 3. I think 6000 high in Pic 2 means 6m but could be wrong - any engineer can decipher and share?

Green roof is for the main building located north of the depot. Some planting within the depot as well. The rectangles I think look like the bus lots. The whole set of documents include dozens of documents providing very detailed plans for the whole complex - too many to share.

It looks a worthy buy to guarantee privacy, but I will study the plans a bit more.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hi Kelonguni, thanks a lots for all the detailed information. I feel much better now. I bought an unit facing pool. But it is the scenery along the canal bank making me to buy it. I have been living in Clementi for many years. Every week I either cycling or jogging along the Sungei Ulu Pandan River. I know this condo is facing the best view of this river. Hope this new bus depot doesn't spoil all the nature beauty there.

Default prices reduced ? because of smells, noise, etc

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    Guess it's not only the sound but also the sight and scent that come along with it.

Can always visit any of the bus depots in Singapore to have a preview first.

Guess waterfront@faber shld be rename as depotfront@faber now.

Hope potential buyers of kingsford waterbay can learn a lesson here.
    Agents told me prices are now reduced because of the bus depot. BUT perhaps not yet reflected in the data ?

5 Mar 2015 42 Faber Walk #0X-XX New Sale 1,066 sq ft Strata 1,089 psf $1,160,000 Private
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Heng View Post
    Agents told me prices are now reduced because of the bus depot. BUT perhaps not yet reflected in the data ?

5 Mar 2015 42 Faber Walk #0X-XX New Sale 1,066 sq ft Strata 1,089 psf $1,160,000 Private
    You are welcome Grace. Were you the one with this caveat?

It looks like an excellent price entry point. The place is really enchanting and location ideal for some but I guess no rush at the moment as people weigh their options.

The other option to consider is Trilinq but its a totally different type of development. Westvale also if can wait a few more extra years - has not really been released yet...

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    You are welcome Grace. Were you the one with this caveat?

It looks like an excellent price entry point. The place is really enchanting and location ideal for some but I guess no rush at the moment as people weigh their options.

The other option to consider is Trilinq but its a totally different type of development. Westvale also if can wait a few more extra years - has not really been released yet...
    No. I bought the unit during launch The price definitely dropped a lot. At that time, river facing units paid a premium, but I guess they dropped the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace_gy View Post
    No. I bought the unit during launch The price definitely dropped a lot. At that time, river facing units paid a premium, but I guess they dropped the most.
    Agree with you about Trilinq. Totally different. I visited it during its launch day. thought to buy a two-bedder to invest. but 1M+ price makes it no profit for an investment. I don't like its location. look at the two main roads: clementi ave 6 and commonwealth, and MRT track!! Never consider to pay such a premium to stay inside.

Hi Grace, did you get a river facing unit?

The sound barrier surrounds the depot facing the river side (refer to the stretch darkened lines and the labels in Pic 2). Picture 3 is the technical specification for the sound barrier. I think this might be the most fortified sound barrier that has ever been built - honestly have not much experience in this. Not engineer trained so a bit hard to analyse Pic 3. I think 6000 high in Pic 2 means 6m but could be wrong - any engineer can decipher and share?
    It looks a worthy buy to guarantee privacy, but I will study the plans a bit more.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_barrier

Noise barriers force the pollution plumes coming from the road to move up and over the barrier creating the effect of an elevated source and enhancing vertical dispersion of the plume.
    The deceleration and the deflection of the initial flow by the noise barrier, force the plume to disperse horizontally.

Reading the above article, can anyone advise air pollution is worst at which level ? above 6m ? so that it is better to buy ground floor units as the polluted air with oil fumes, smells, etc hangs above the height of 6m sound barrier ?

Or do the air pollutants sink to the ground level ? I wonder if there are studies to show air pollutants at different heights. Is it better to buy high floors because air is cleaner ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_barrier

Noise barriers force the pollution plumes coming from the road to move up and over the barrier creating the effect of an elevated source and enhancing vertical dispersion of the plume.
    The deceleration and the deflection of the initial flow by the noise barrier, force the plume to disperse horizontally.

Reading the above article, can anyone advise air pollution is worst at which level ? above 6m ? so that it is better to buy ground floor units as the polluted air with oil fumes, smells, etc hangs above the height of 6m sound barrier ?

Or do the air pollutants sink to the ground level ? I wonder if there are studies to show air pollutants at different heights. Is it better to buy high floors because air is cleaner ?
    Thanks for sharing the interesting and useful consideration. Have never thought it would have been studied to such details. I think it's hard to say for sure how each level might be affected because I think it's hard to define downwind in this case.

Southwest area where I live right now, and especially near highways or busy roads, dust is everywhere though. What I am more concerned with are the possibility of increased gases. But again I feel that those who choose to live in this area seem to have accepted it.

Most of the times currently we on the air con and filter when indoors and when sleeping to cope. The gain is in family time and travel times for all.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Default 8th floor & above has less exposure to cancer causing pollutants ?

South West is where ?

"On lower floors pollution level is higher because exhausts "climb" into the windows.
    The maximum concentration of emissions is on the ​​1st - 5th floors,
    while on the 15th floor it is twice as low,
    and on the 30th - ten times lower.

Continuous inhalation of exhaust causes asthma and bronchitis.
    Almost all car owners are at risk.
    When a car is stuck in a traffic jam or is traveling very slowly,
    the concentration of nitrogen dioxide in the car can be 10 times the maximum permissible level.
    Air conditioning and closed windows do not help.

http://english.pravda.ru/russia/econ...tion_russia-0/

Hi, major roads that cut through Southwest include West Coast Highway and AYE.

I think in terms of air pollution, many developments including HDB and landed are at risk. There are even landed property built adjacent to some of the most heavily used and often jammed expressways like CTE. I feel that authorities have mitigated the risk as far as possible by regulating vehicular exhaust and building more roads. Ultimately, we are limited in land and there is only so much that can be avoided for density living.

In terms of "continuous gas inhalation", I think it is definitely not that bad. The windows for bus return and exit from depots is probably for weekdays around 12am (return) and 4am (leave). The entry and exit points are located at the other side of the depot (Boon Lay Way and Business Park Road nowhere near the river) which limits the gas and sound pollution. With the significant distance, I think it is definitely not that bad a situation compared to developments right beside major highways where thousands of vehicles pass by every hour. Or bus terminals where dozens of buses move in and out every few minutes - buses come into depot and park, or leave for major terminals to start work. I think the emission from AYE side will be worse for the development adjacent of W@F in future. Nonetheless, there is still a psychological impact to consider.

Sound has typically been the more scary one for bus depots, especially for engine testing, which I think will be factored in in the design. Still need to check that out when more time is at hand. The engine room is also located within the complex north of the depot - its specifications might be in one of those dozens of files...

South West is where ?

"On lower floors pollution level is higher because exhausts "climb" into the windows.
    The maximum concentration of emissions is on the ​​1st - 5th floors,
    while on the 15th floor it is twice as low,
    and on the 30th - ten times lower.

Continuous inhalation of exhaust causes asthma and bronchitis.
    Almost all car owners are at risk.
    When a car is stuck in a traffic jam or is traveling very slowly,
    the concentration of nitrogen dioxide in the car can be 10 times the maximum permissible level.
    Air conditioning and closed windows do not help.

http://english.pravda.ru/russia/econ...tion_russia-0/

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Default Ulu Pandan bus depot for 500+ buses for daily bus operations, bus repair/ maintenance

Thought of buying 5th floor as air may be cleaner and quieter than at ground level...
    but with
    ""Ulu Pandan bus depot for about 500 buses for daily bus operations, bus repair/ maintenance",

6 m high Noise Barrier will create an elevated source of air pollutants ?
    Thus the worst dispersion is now nearer the 5th floor level before settling nearer to ground floor ?

so resultant is higher levels up to 5th floor is worse than being on ground floor ?

Wonder if the analysis is correct ?

BUY 5th floor or 1st floor if concern with air pollutants from vehicle exhaust
    from 500+ vehicles in Ulu Pandan Bus Depot ?

Hi Heng, are you considering 1st or 5th floors? I doubt there is any real difference for the same facing.

The development location is definitely more than the 50m, perhaps even more than 100m from the nearest road within the depot. Moreover, this is not like the US highways where the long distance, the load carried, and the dusty roads themselves create layers of dust plumes that are cost ineffective to remove. What we are looking at are buses on short, clean stretches of Singapore roads that should be easily maintained. At least the LTA has a strong obligation to ensure there is minimal dust within the depot. Trucks with muddy tires are fined in SG, and even the old bus depots here do not show the kind of dust that we are talking about... I noted that there are several culverts built alongside the depot linked to river - are they for washing or rainwaters to cleanse away residual dust?

To minimise any chance of noise (from AYE, MRT and Business Park Road), lower floors are safer I feel. Nonetheless, I believe the overall noise level here should be very moderated and much better than many other developments. There is still a few more residential sites to be released in this area, and I think their attractive levels will be even lower? Dust and air quality-wise I doubt there is any real difference from developments in this region. The psychological effect is real though.

Thought of buying 5th floor as air may be cleaner and quieter than at ground level...
    but with
    ""Ulu Pandan bus depot for about 500 buses for daily bus operations, bus repair/ maintenance",

6 m high Noise Barrier will create an elevated source of air pollutants ?
    Thus the worst dispersion is now nearer the 5th floor level before settling nearer to ground floor ?

so resultant is higher levels up to 5th floor is worse than being on ground floor ?

Wonder if the analysis is correct ?

BUY 5th floor or 1st floor if concern with air pollutants from vehicle exhaust
    from 500+ vehicles in Ulu Pandan Bus Depot ?

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hi Heng, are you considering 1st or 5th floors? I doubt there is any real difference for the same facing.

The development location is definitely more than the 50m, perhaps even more than 100m from the nearest road within the depot. Moreover, this is not like the US highways where the long distance, the load carried, and the dusty roads themselves create layers of dust plumes that are cost ineffective to remove. What we are looking at are buses on short, clean stretches of Singapore roads that should be easily maintained. At least the LTA has a strong obligation to ensure there is minimal dust within the depot. Trucks with muddy tires are fined in SG, and even the old bus depots here do not show the kind of dust that we are talking about... I noted that there are several culverts built alongside the depot linked to river - are they for washing or rainwaters to cleanse away residual dust?

To minimise any chance of noise (from AYE, MRT and Business Park Road), lower floors are safer I feel. Nonetheless, I believe the overall noise level here should be very moderated and much better than many other developments. There is still a few more residential sites to be released in this area, and I think their attractive levels will be even lower? Dust and air quality-wise I doubt there is any real difference from developments in this region. The psychological effect is real though.
    If still in doubt, then either buy the center/middle one, or buy the cheapest one, or dun buy at all and wait for the next development with less or no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTan View Post
    If still in doubt, then either buy the center/middle one, or buy the cheapest one, or dun buy at all and wait for the next development with less or no doubt.
    Truly no rush now. Everyone stunned like vegetables.

The question is how long depressed prices will last. My prediction is July 2015 onwards based on my primitive indices.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

The question is how long depressed prices will last. My prediction is July 2015 onwards based on my primitive indices.
    Lol. Un un un un unbelievable.

Default 89 unsold units ( more than 40% ) : further drop in $ by Developer ?

Meaning Developer is going to reduce prices even more since more than 40% unsold ( 89 units ) based on URA website

Meaning Developer is going to reduce prices even more since more than 40% unsold ( 89 units ) based on URA website
    Yes that will be good news for some of us looking at this region. But I think those available tend to be larger units. 2BR sold out I think.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Yes that will be good news for some of us looking at this region. But I think those available tend to be larger units. 2BR sold out I think.
    http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...-into/a/183668

http://www.waterfrontatfaberofficial.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Water...03901656351043

Default Unsold units mostly facing water ( Ulu Pandan Bus Depot ) circled in red

Appreciate if you can comment on DESIRABILITY OR OTHERWISE of the different stacks that are circled in RED. The unsold units are facing the ULU PANDAN BUS DEPOT.

Appreciate if you can comment on DESIRABILITY OR OTHERWISE of the different stacks that are circled in RED. The unsold units are facing the ULU PANDAN BUS DEPOT.
    Do you have the prices for comment? Is numerology important for you? Prefer ground floor or top floor or mid floor? The external stack all look about the same. Some 4 Bedders, some 3 bedders. Hard to comment specifically. The internal stack 29 faces the pool, some like this kind some don't.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Default attached prices for your comment : #xx-07 or #xx-09 which is better stack ?

Do you have the prices for comment? .
    please comment on stack 7 & stack 9 @ about $1k psf or about $1m

stack 7 : 1066 sq ft

stack 9 : 1033 sq ft

#04-12

5 Mar 2015

1,066 sqft

S$ 1,089 psf

S$ 1,160,000

#04-12

5 Mar 2015

1,066 sqft

S$ 1,089 psf

S$ 1,160,000
    Both are excellent value for money I feel. Where else can you get an almost 100 sqm apartment for about 1mil in District 5? More often than not, we are looking at 1.35mil.

Stack 7 is closest to child playing area. If your family are the type that are not too affected by children playing, which necessarily results in sudden noises, or you come back after all the play areas are closed, it is a great buy. You likely are also not the type who has issues with privacy.

Stack 9 is external facing and unblocked at the moment but the adjacent plot has been earmarked for another development (plot ratio 1.4). I suspect it to be released once the bus depot design has proven to be acceptable to residents and visitors. There is a good chance that the adjacent development might be built very close to it as well. This has happened to my relative with a development in the Northeast region. For some people, it is a non-issue though.

My two cents take only.

For rental yields, I think both represent very value for money propositions. For own stay have to depend on your family dynamics and preference.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

#04-12

5 Mar 2015

1,066 sqft

S$ 1,089 psf

S$ 1,160,000
    Sorry just to clarify - the unit (04-12) that you highlighted here and with the attachment info, was the nett price actually $ 1.16M or $ 1.066M ??

Hi guys,

I think you might be interested to know the information provided by the Deputy Manager, Bus Infrastructure Development from LTA upon my enquiry on the bus depot.
    Below is an excerpt of his email reply to my enquiry and suggestion to retain the greenary directly across the Waterfront@Faber site.

"Standing in your shoes, LTA is mindful of the impact of the bus depot and has designed the depot with guidance and input from agencies such as NEA and NParks. To mitigate and compensate the loss of greenery, and as suggested, we will retain a natural forest corridor of existing trees (around 20m wide) to adjoin an additional planned Park Connector across the river from the Waterfront@Faber residences – the bus depot will be camouflaged. In addition, there will be dense peripheral planting around the bus depot, and green roof and planting within the bus depot. To prevent noise nuisance and impact of dust and emission to air quality, the depot is sited about 100m away from the nearest residences across Sungei Ulu Pandan. Having said that, we will locate the 24/7 depot’s workshop for repair/maintenance (where noisy activities are carried out mostly during the day) furthest away on Boon Lay Way side. These are in addition to the continuous 6m high noise barrier that LTA will be installing along the bus depot boundary (within depot and behind fence line), with dense planting and the natural forest buffer as camouflage. Figure 1 is a picture taken by my team and I during a site visit recently, which I hope can illustrate the above arrangement."

Figure 1 Illustration of View Across Sungei Ulu Pandan.pdf

Thanks for helping address the queries.

Very close to my estimates and the plan diagrams as well.

I think a reference benchmark of the future prices in the region can be obtained from the results of West Vale tender and targeted sizes of units.

Quote Originally Posted by tsimlw View Post
    Hi guys,

I think you might be interested to know the information provided by the Deputy Manager, Bus Infrastructure Development from LTA upon my enquiry on the bus depot.
    Below is an excerpt of his email reply to my enquiry and suggestion to retain the greenary directly across the Waterfront@Faber site.

"Standing in your shoes, LTA is mindful of the impact of the bus depot and has designed the depot with guidance and input from agencies such as NEA and NParks. To mitigate and compensate the loss of greenery, and as suggested, we will retain a natural forest corridor of existing trees (around 20m wide) to adjoin an additional planned Park Connector across the river from the Waterfront@Faber residences – the bus depot will be camouflaged. In addition, there will be dense peripheral planting around the bus depot, and green roof and planting within the bus depot. To prevent noise nuisance and impact of dust and emission to air quality, the depot is sited about 100m away from the nearest residences across Sungei Ulu Pandan. Having said that, we will locate the 24/7 depot’s workshop for repair/maintenance (where noisy activities are carried out mostly during the day) furthest away on Boon Lay Way side. These are in addition to the continuous 6m high noise barrier that LTA will be installing along the bus depot boundary (within depot and behind fence line), with dense planting and the natural forest buffer as camouflage. Figure 1 is a picture taken by my team and I during a site visit recently, which I hope can illustrate the above arrangement."

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hi guys,

This is very good info~. Thanks!! I assumed you have purchased a unit there yourself?

Yes, Jem.
    A waterfront facing unit.
    Wrote in to LTA to clarify my concerns.

Hi guys,

Hi tsimlw,

Many thanks for the very helpful info.. Could you help me out here? I can't seem to view/download the attachment..? Is there an server issue or others? Also appreciate all forumers advice.. thanks a lot!

Has this developer gets into panic mode yet?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan View Post
    Has this developer gets into panic mode yet?
    According to the condo Facebook, 70% of total units have been sold. I track ura data quite frequently, Kuasu, and the price maintains quite consistent during past half year. Actually I feel the selling quantity each month improve steadily. Trilinq has the same trend. Maybe the true buyers start 进场了。