Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Balmoral - Stevens Road

Default One Balmoral - Stevens Road

SINGAPORE] Hong Leong Holdings yesterday announced that it would be launching a freehold condominium this weekend. One Balmoral, as it has been named, is along Balmoral Road, just off Stevens Road and in the high-end residential area of District 10. The 91-unit project will consist of 11 one-bedroom units, 35 two-bedroom units, 32 three-bedroom units and 13 four-bedroom units. The size of the units ranges from 592 square feet for the one-bedders to 1,657 sq ft for the four-bedders. Prices start at $1.5 million.

Describing its appeal, Betsy Chng, Hong Leong's head of sales and marketing, said that One Balmoral was designed with luxury in mind, with each unit fitted with designer wardrobes and Italian-made kitchen cabinets. The development has facilities such as a lap pool, a clubhouse and a meditation garden, and is near Orchard Road, Raffles Town Club and The Pines Club.

Its launch comes after those for other Hong Leong developments catering to the luxury segment, such as Sage at Nassim Road and The Meyerise along Meyer Road. The show suites for One Balmoral are along Cuscaden Road and will be open from 10 am to 6 pm daily.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

SINGAPORE] Hong Leong Holdings yesterday announced that it would be launching a freehold condominium this weekend. One Balmoral, as it has been named, is along Balmoral Road, just off Stevens Road and in the high-end residential area of District 10. The 91-unit project will consist of 11 one-bedroom units, 35 two-bedroom units, 32 three-bedroom units and 13 four-bedroom units. The size of the units ranges from 592 square feet for the one-bedders to 1,657 sq ft for the four-bedders. Prices start at $1.5 million.

Describing its appeal, Betsy Chng, Hong Leong's head of sales and marketing, said that One Balmoral was designed with luxury in mind, with each unit fitted with designer wardrobes and Italian-made kitchen cabinets. The development has facilities such as a lap pool, a clubhouse and a meditation garden, and is near Orchard Road, Raffles Town Club and The Pines Club.

Its launch comes after those for other Hong Leong developments catering to the luxury segment, such as Sage at Nassim Road and The Meyerise along Meyer Road. The show suites for One Balmoral are along Cuscaden Road and will be open from 10 am to 6 pm daily.

One of my FAVORITE locations in Singapore - aside from Ardmore/Nassim enclave which is beyond reach.

Think new project like Cyan from FEO has help push-up the price around the area there

Below is the information an agent sent me:
    1dr from 1.4m
    2br 1184sf from 2.355m ($1988psf)
    3Br 1410sf From 3,34M ($2370psf)
    4Br 1657sf from 3.03M ($2434psf).

Think this is a good place for own stay. For rental, it is a waste. A friend
    is renting a 3br there, very spacious, condition is still ok (although it is more than 20 years old). But the rental is only $4,300.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    1dr from 1.4m

is renting a 3br there, very spacious, condition is still ok (although it is more than 20 years old). But the rental is only $4,300.

usually psf is higher for smaller size units...this project is the reverse??

maybe better facing and all? size is starting to be associated with luxury perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by priorityqueen
    1 bedder is not popular in that area. most people buy for own stay.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Similar to Cyan.. psf is higher for bigger size units

1dr from 1.4m

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Wow still got bay window!
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢

typo error, 4Br you mean 4.03m right?

the reason for the higher psf for the larger units is because the 2 bedders are relatively large by 2 bedder standards while the 4 bedders are "small".

this is a project from the 2007 boom, hence the bay windows and unit sizes.

in those days, 2 bedders around 1000 sq ft and 4 bedder is closer to 2000 sq ft. so this project's 2 bedders are larger than the norm then and the 4 bedders are smaller than the norm.

1dr from 1.4m

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    typo error, 4Br you mean 4.03m right?

the reason for the higher psf for the larger units is because the 2 bedders are relatively large by 2 bedder standards while the 4 bedders are "small".

this is a project from the 2007 boom, hence the bay windows and unit sizes.

in those days, 2 bedders around 1000 sq ft and 4 bedder is closer to 2000 sq ft. so this project's 2 bedders are larger than the norm then and the 4 bedders are smaller than the norm.
    sorry, 4br is 4.03M.

1br, from ~1.5M, $2500+psf.

take up rate must be very good, thats why no time to update?

Wanted to go down today..maybe 2moro I cycle down meet agent n kao char the sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Wanted to go down today..maybe 2moro I cycle down meet agent n kao char the sentiments
    See you there tomorrow !

Remember to bring the ice cream!

DKSG

i seriously doubt u guys will be able to shout ice cream ice cream for this project.

personally, i dun find anything attractive about it.

i seriously doubt u guys will be able to shout ice cream ice cream for this project.

i agree with you... i was surprised to see the pillar in the master bedroom, the built in rubbish chute in the kitchen, and very wide bay windows...

Its CDL, thats about it

agree! Quantum super high, not much story for exciting run! $3-$4 range Grange road seems like more attractive

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Wow still got bay window!
    too much space wasted as bay window in master bedroom, plus bay window in master toilet??

too much space wasted as bay window in master bedroom, plus bay window in master toilet??
    Wow! A new Queen in the forum !

Yea ... I think this is designed during the bay windows days where everything also can bay!

dtrax is screaming out there ?

So far only 3 units of 1BR sold ... a far cry from the J Gateway...

Maybe they should have named this the B Gateway.

DKSG

PS : Ok. Done my duty to report out liao!

3 units of 1BR. what about 2BR, 3BR, 4BR? cannot be all zero rite?

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Wow! A new Queen in the forum !

Yea ... I think this is designed during the bay windows days where everything also can bay!

dtrax is screaming out there ?

So far only 3 units of 1BR sold ... a far cry from the J Gateway...

Maybe they should have named this the B Gateway.

DKSG

PS : Ok. Done my duty to report out liao!

J gateway is a success becoz they combined high psf with low sq ft to keep the quantum "affordable".

Balmoral is high psf with high sq ft and in CCR somemore (as in CCR already had a premium psf all along), add together the total quantum is not attractive.

The best balmoral location is The one on top of the hill

The rest can even get flooded some time, those once every 50y type

This squeezed between 2 roads, not here not there. Nothing exciting really ( other than, Qwek finally decided to launch it , after so long...)

That's why Psf is not very high. < 2500

I din expect 1B to sell well either.. high quantum and baywindow. Sad to say I din go for the showflat, got a bit lazy on Sun afternoon

I personally feel that the quantum is the problem more than the design. If the quantum is attractive, I dun really bother about too much about the design...

actually developers shld be more sensitive to buyers' needs in terms of size and quantum...a lot of potential buyers are affected by the 50% loan restriction and hence big quantum can be a hindering factor...

another view...I feel that property-related news released to the public domain is loop sided...if there are any news pertaining to possible interest rate increases, increase in supply, fall in prices - anything negative...such news will be "emphasized" and reinforced over and over again. On the other hand, good news, for instance, almost 100% sales for J Gateway is silently celebrated...

I think the intention to suppress expectations and demand is too biased liao...
    Miracle is just another name for Effort.

when was this enbloc completed, around 2005??
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I personally feel that the quantum is the problem more than the design. If the quantum is attractive, I dun really bother about too much about the design...

actually developers shld be more sensitive to buyers' needs in terms of size and quantum...a lot of potential buyers are affected by the 50% loan restriction and hence big quantum can be a hindering factor...

another view...I feel that property-related news released to the public domain is loop sided...if there are any news pertaining to possible interest rate increases, increase in supply, fall in prices - anything negative...such news will be "emphasized" and reinforced over and over again. On the other hand, good news, for instance, almost 100% sales for J Gateway is silently celebrated...

I think the intention to suppress expectations and demand is too biased liao...
    Of course lah. Government intention is not to let the media stir fry property news until it goes sky high.

2 out of 91 sold at 2549 and 2603psf in June.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    The best balmoral location is The one on top of the hill

The rest can even get flooded some time, those once every 50y type

This squeezed between 2 roads, not here not there. Nothing exciting really ( other than, Qwek finally decided to launch it , after so long...)

That's why Psf is not very high. < 2500

'Top of the hill' , you referring to 'The Balmoral'?
    It's an old but very classy and classy development. Slurp slurp !