Thread: Questions on Jurong Condos

Default Questions on Jurong Condos

Hi Guys need your comments: For the Jurong J condo, the asking price for 1bedder is around 800k-900k (on high side). On the actual day the agent mentioned it may be slightly lower with discount or may be not. This is only for investment. My questions are:

1.How can we confirm the banker is giving us the best rate they could for the loan period . My loan period is 29 year with 1.2% by banker . The banker was recommended by the agent who was one of the bankers at the show room.

2.Can we choose our own banker or is it almost all bankers during the initial launch will almost Quote the same loan breakdown and interest?

3.What is the probability of having high occupation rate for rental or quantum for this project once its completed?

Quote Originally Posted by vanan75
    Hi Guys need your comments: For the Jurong J condo, the asking price for 1bedder is around 800k-900k (on high side). On the actual day the agent mentioned it may be slightly lower with discount or may be not. This is only for investment. My questions are:

1.How can we confirm the banker is giving us the best rate they could for the loan period . My loan period is 29 year with 1.2% by banker . The banker was recommended by the agent who was one of the bankers at the show room.

2.Can we choose our own banker or is it almost all bankers during the initial launch will almost Quote the same loan breakdown and interest?

3.What is the probability of having high occupation rate for rental or quantum for this project once its completed?
    1. u can check around with diff banks to see who can give u the most competitive rate.

2. of cos u can. So far I use my own. Buy new launch there is also no rush to secure mortgage bcos of the progressive payment schedule. I always take my time.

3. the future is never certain. Of cos some will say until it is a sure thing depends on who u listen to.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    1. u can check around with diff banks to see who can give u the most competitive rate.

2. of cos u can. So far I use my own. Buy new launch there is also no rush to secure mortgage bcos of the progressive payment schedule. I always take my time.

3. the future is never certain. Of cos some will say until it is a sure thing depends on who u listen to.

good luck.
    Thanks August for your feedback.

..... is this your 1st time ?.....

1) I can assure you no bank will give you the "best rate". "best rate" is always negotiated between you and the banker. and no, the bank does not have to be the bank at site. agent get a cut from banker referral, why would the bank give you best rate ?

3) this kind of thing, you have to do your study and make your own judgment lah. go see that big thread on this condo, plenty of pros/cons posted.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    ..... is this your 1st time ?.....

1) I can assure you no bank will give you the "best rate". "best rate" is always negotiated between you and the banker. and no, the bank does not have to be the bank at site. agent get a cut from banker referral, why would the bank give you best rate ?

3) this kind of thing, you have to do your study and make your own judgment lah. go see that big thread on this condo, plenty of pros/cons posted.
    Yes, from my experience, the agent always gets a commission from the banker referral, there have been times when the bank rates offered by the agent referral is not the best, we try to source even better deals...few days later agent called and asked why did not sign up with the banker he recommended and next will say if you sign with his banker, he will split the commission with you!

Default Thank You

Hi all for your kind responses to my doubts.

For 800 900k there are tons of quality newly completed options that offer you instant income, since it is for investment purposes.

If you reckon buying direct from developer confirm has capital gain, do you think there are buyers willing to pay say 1.2mil for a one bedder in Jurong come 2017? Go ahead only if you can convince yourself on this.
    click: 🏢shoeboxmickeymousehouse 🏢