Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boring Singapore

Default Boring Singapore

Have 500k spare cash, with so many CMs, not enough to get a decent unit now. Duno what to do with spare cash sitting in the bank. Any suggestion?

1) Already hold 4 properties.
    2) Already heavily invested in stocks.
    3) Already heavily invested in commodities.
    4) Already invested in multiple companies.
    5) Already heavily insured by policies.

Not keen in overseas properties at the moment.

What to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181
    Have 500k spare cash, with so many CMs, not enough to get a decent unit now. Duno what to do with spare cash sitting in the bank. Any suggestion?

What to do next?
    U already hv so much,why not do some good deeds!
    Help the under privilege.....
    U can't bring it with u anyway when it's time to go.

What to do next?
    I know of people like that .. Normally they are the tiam tiam type .. (quiet )

They don't grumble and fret for what next ??? Your case is not true lah ..

Buy a 2nd hand Lamborghini and disturb your quiet neighborhood... This is really spare cash because your status is that of a multi millionaire. Think we should ask you how to get to your position! No worries man!

Time to give back to society.

What to do next?
    Keep the cash as safety la... DUN BE GREEDY !

Quote Originally Posted by The_Way_I_See_It
    I know of people like that .. Normally they are the tiam tiam type .. (quiet )

They don't grumble and fret for what next ??? Your case is not true lah ..
    Haha, nice one. I am usually quiet. U can search my history in this forum n you know if I am talking about the truth. And I am only 31 this year.

I am already doing charity, donating to old folks home n contributing to the less previliged kids.

I am not a flashy type of person hence no super car for me. Cars are negative equity.

I am not really super rich compared to those disgusting china man who buy multiple units at J getway.

I am just an ordinary joe who start saving up since young and run my own business when I was young. I do not have a rich dad.

Haha, nice one. I am usually quiet. U can search my history in this forum n you know if I am talking about the truth. And I am only 31 this year.

I am already doing charity, donating to old folks home n contributing to the less previliged kids.

I am not a flashy type of person hence no super car for me. Cars are negative equity.

I am not really super rich compared to those disgusting china man who buy multiple units at J getway.

I am just an ordinary joe who start saving up since young and run my own business when I was young. I do not have a rich dad.
    On the contrary, I am so much luckier than u. I inherited most of my wealth from my family.

I dare to say I have never work hard for a single minute. A few seconds maybe, but never minutes.

greed has or shall i say human needs has no boundary, soon u will want castle or your own plane
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 狮子王
    On the contrary, I am so much luckier than u. I inherited most of my wealth from my family.

I dare to say I have never work hard for a single minute. A few seconds maybe, but never minutes.
    To quote what one of my girlfriends say: I am the most disgustingly lazy bums she has ever met. I will not even move my bums to take my TV remote control.

To quote what one of my girlfriends say: I am the most disgustingly lazy bums she has ever met. I will not even move my bums to take my TV remote control.
    every second in my lazy brain, I am always thinking of how to make money without moving a muscle in your body.

every second in my lazy brain, I am always thinking of how to make money without moving a muscle in your body.
    And yes, I am a big show off. and I simply love the attention I have irritated countless friends and schoolmates when I was younger. I drove my Porsche 911 to NUS and show off infront of the foyer by ramming my engine.

Many girls were then very disgusted with me and the lousy smell of my exhaust. but.. I love to irritate people leh

Any other constructive suggestion rather than to let the money sleep in the bank?

If a lady smile at me, I will feel nothing, no urge...nothing at all.

BUt if she glare at me, I will feel very high.hehehehehehehehheheheh

give me your money to pay my 2nd property...once i encash this property, i pay u back the amt (without interest) and I will call u God Daddy.

And yes, I am a big show off. and I simply love the attention I have irritated countless friends and schoolmates when I was younger. I drove my Porsche 911 to NUS and show off infront of the foyer by ramming my engine.

Many girls were then very disgusted with me and the lousy smell of my exhaust. but.. I love to irritate people leh
    I am in this forum for more than 5years. From ur msg I know who u are, why do u have to change ur nick?

bro lion is 40+?
    let me remind everybody that the natural age of human is 52
    human is supposed to die shortly after menopause

health can only go downhill after menopause, u live till 70 is artificially sustained, unless u have gene like lky, get a life while u can
    Ride at your own risk !!!

I know who are the quiet millionaire here. But nowadays seldom see them post. Except for Arcxxxx and DCxxx. People like Stingyxxxx and Bullxxxx all missing.

Any other constructive suggestion rather than to let the money sleep in the bank?

If you have done so well for yourself already, why do you still need to fish for advice? Something fishy is going on. After all, in your case, it's just a measly 500k. There are people with much fewer properties and much fewer investments than you, and have many times that amount sitting in the bank.

Ya u are right, is a miserable 500k, can't do much, that's why looking for ideas, not advice.

The older semester will know who am I. No point to come here n fake or catch attention. I am not yowetan.

Ya u are right, is a miserable 500k, can't do much, that's why looking for ideas, not advice.

The older semester will know who am I. No point to come here n fake or catch attention. I am not yowetan.

You really have a way with words. "Fake or Catch attention" is when someone posts a thread asking for IDEAS about what to do with 500K and then call it "Boring Singapore." Pardon my command of English, but Boring Singapore?? What's Boring Singapore got to do with IDEAS about making 500k work harder and smarter for you? "Faking or Catching Attention?" At least yowetan says he's got 50K! So I wouldn't say he's faking it. No hard feelings bro - just nothing better to do on a lazy Sunday than to engage in some pointless banter.

Hahaha, I think SG is boring because of all these MAS rulings.
    Thanks to those who have PM me. I will keep in touch with u to explore the proposed business venture.

Next time before u gun someone down, please find more facts 1st. Dun jump into conclusion. And it's unnecessary for me to explain further to u.

Have a good weekend

just my personal opinion.

Many of us forumers are here to see see look look, comment and some even like to troll.

Whether how true it is to self proclaim and believe is anyone's guess.
    There is no evidence to prove as well.

And, this is the world wide web. We exchange, debate on infos here,
    Which is interesting.

Bro Adva181,

IF i were to put myself in your position counting the investments you hold,

I guess i would make full use of this money to enrich and improve others lives who are not as fortunate, coach others to be successful as well and if i have more time, maybe backpack around the world?

Maybe 10 % to used as above mention and the rest will be Kept in my safe.

Yes use yr $500k to invest in some others lives. The reward will be many more times than yr investments no.1-5!

Some ideas:-
    Feed the orphans
    Feed the destitute
    Feed the hungry
    Setup schs in poor countries

Sporeans r so so so blessed!

Bro, simple words speak simple truths. What's you've just said is a sure sign of maturity. Yes, a little debate here and there is interesting indeed. No need to sulk, no need to say I don't friend you, no need to show one's immaturity and inability to take advice and ideas, especially if advice and ideas are being sought in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by smartboy2
    just my personal opinion.

Many of us forumers are here to see see look look, comment and some even like to troll.

Whether how true it is to self proclaim and believe is anyone's guess.
    There is no evidence to prove as well.

And, this is the world wide web. We exchange, debate on infos here,
    Which is interesting.

Bro Adva181,

IF i were to put myself in your position counting the investments you hold,

I guess i would make full use of this money to enrich and improve others lives who are not as fortunate, coach others to be successful as well and if i have more time, maybe backpack around the world?

Maybe 10 % to used as above mention and the rest will be Kept in my safe.

Office Boy has been thinking about this question for many many months. And I am glad to share it with you.

Your case is very similiar to the many people in my office.

I wont say how much we have, how many properties we own or sold or companies we own or whatever ... all these are no longer important.

What is lacking in your life is the most important thing, more important that those you mentioned.

You lack karma! Clearly, a person who dont know how to deploy just $500K lacks the human spirit of making our world a better place. I suggest you go visit some coffeeshops, listen to what people are going through and ask yourself - how can I make the world a better place ?

Some of my colleagues also everyday hug their pillow cases of cash to sleep, but their soul is empty. The question to answer is : Is this what our life is about ? Hoarding cash ? And then die and cash get burnt as HBN ?

Think, my friends, Think!

DKSG
    PS : Office Boy is still and also exploring the real meaning of all this money.

Hahaha, I think SG is boring because of all these MAS rulings.
    Thanks to those who have PM me. I will keep in touch with u to explore the proposed business venture.

Next time before u gun someone please find more facts 1st. Dun jump into conclusion. And it's unnecessary for me to explain further to u.

Have a good weekend
    I agree that SG is very boring, and it is definitely related to what we can do, with or without money. Maybe don't focus on what you can do with money. Focus on your time and effort to devote towards a passion or craft or to work towards helping someone with your skills or strengths.

Boring is not a bad situation, better than starving or exhausting...
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I do not underdtand why ur backside must be so itchy. Keep the cash for safety or rainy days lor

500k cannot do anything much except like what some brothers here suggested: charity

Quote Originally Posted by GForce
    Some ideas:-
    Feed the orphans
    Feed the destitute
    Feed the hungry
    Setup schs in poor countries

Sporeans r so so so blessed!
    Thanks. I am into this organization called "Blessing in a bag" whereby my family will buy tons of simple necessity like tooth paste, soap, comb, pencil, towel etc and hand pack them into few hundreds bags and mail them to the less fortunate countries like Myanmar or Phillipines. I am also a monthly contributor for NKF, Children society n cancer foundation.

My thread is not to show off, just to get to know a few alike friends whereby we can explore or venture into new investment or to discuss unqiue investment avenues rather than just properties properties n more properties.

Thanks for those who had replied. Yes office boy, I believe in karma, so lets stay good n be good.