Thread: When to pay legal fee?

Default When to pay legal fee?

When will the buyer be required to pay for the legal fee for BUC transactions?
    Upon first appt with the lawyer to sign S&P or nearer TOP / around key collection time?

TIA to all advices by 过来人!

Cheers! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by coolchoc
    Upon first appt with the lawyer to sign S&P or nearer TOP / around key collection time?

You will need to legal fees when you sign the S&P.

Quote Originally Posted by coolchoc

Don't know whether is it depending on project or legal firm? Couldn't remember when they collected the legal fees in my previous 2 purchases in 2007. looks like around S&P. But my most recent purchase about 2 yrs ago only collect the legal fees during the 40% progressive payment that was only 1 week ago. (i.e. About 2 yrs after S&P)

Regards.

I thot nowadays there's legal fee rebate when sign up for bank loan. I din pay legal fee bcos of this rebate.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstuff
    I thot nowadays there's legal fee rebate when sign up for bank loan. I din pay legal fee bcos of this rebate.
    Yes. Legal fees will rebate up to 0.5% of the loan. If u took small loan, then u need to pay the difference. Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by propertyinvestor
    sknow whether is it depending on project or legal firm? Couldn't remember when they collected the legal fees in my previous 2 purchases in 2007. looks like around S&P. But my most recent purchase about 2 yrs ago only collect the legal fees during the 40% progressive payment that was only 1 week ago. (i.e. About 2 yrs after S&P)

Regards.

Thanks for the info.

I suspect it's somewhat case by case basis, depending on different law firms' practice....