Thread: Wouldn't TDSR cause prices to hike again?!?!

Default Wouldn't TDSR cause prices to hike again?!?!

TDSR --> lot of potential sellers will now be unwilling to sell for fear of unable to buy --> resale market killed --> most of the potential buyers will now switch to new launches --> more demands causes more new launches to be fully snapped up during vvip --> developers set higher prices

Last edited by mermaid; 01-07-13 at 17:54.

If I have 2 properties, I won't sell now also. Just continue renting out.

Quote Originally Posted by TravieJackie
    If I have 2 properties, I won't sell now also. Just continue renting out.
    Me too, thought of selling one away but so many restrictions now (loan + absd) if want to buy 2nd ppty, better think twice before selling if want to own a 2nd ppty next time.

I had already missed buying a resale HDB flat as my 2nd ppty. Just 1 month late only, the rule changes, pte ppty owner cannot even buy HDB from resale market.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng

I had already missed buying a resale HDB flat as my 2nd ppty. Just 1 month late only, the rule changes, pte ppty owner cannot even buy HDB from resale market.
    when was that rule
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    when was that rule
    After 30 August 2010. Can't remember which CM liao.
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Me too, thought of selling one away but so many restrictions now (loan + absd)
    Me too, thought of selling one last year end, but with CMs coming out one by one, makes me(as a seller) think twice about it letting go.. especially with this TDSR

As for me, is almost impossible to buy back if I sell it away

Now whoever has more than 1 pty.. consider yourself lucky.. better hold tight tight

Me too. Wanted to sell some but with so many CMs that will penalize me so badly if I buy back in future, might as well don't sell!
    So, resale supply dropped sharply, people no choice must buy new launch. New launch get chased to sky high prices!
    But hei, who knows, may be this is supppsed to be the way so that they can sell GLS land at good price to refill coffers & have more money to help the poor!

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Me too, thought of selling one last year end, but with CMs coming out one by one, makes me(as a seller) think twice about it letting go.. especially with this TDSR

As for me, is almost impossible to buy back if I sell it away

Now whoever has more than 1 pty.. consider yourself lucky.. better hold tight tight

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    But hei, who knows, may be this is supppsed to be the way so that they can sell GLS land at good price to refill coffers & have more money to help the poor!
    haha ... possible hor!

on one hand, pretend to blame developers for bidding too much, on the other hand churn some pattern to create demands for new launches tsk, tsk, tsk .....

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    haha ... possible hor!

on one hand, pretend to blame developers for bidding too much, on the other hand churn some pattern to create demands for new launches tsk, tsk, tsk .....
    Gov knows that the 3rd round CM is coming to an end..
    http://www.propertywire.com/news/asi...009084476.html

They make sure the sellers think twice about selling their house.. even there will be no SSD after they have passed the 3rd year..

In this current situation.. not only buyers are calculating whether they can buy more.. even sellers are calculating whether is worth to sell their additional one away

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    Gov knows that the 3rd round CM is coming to an end..
    http://www.propertywire.com/news/asi...009084476.html

They make sure the sellers think twice about selling their house.. even there will be no SSD after they have passed the 3rd year..

In this current situation.. not only buyers are calculating whether they can buy more.. even sellers are calculating whether is worth to sell their additional one away
    actually with the 60% TDSR rule, can effectively remove ssd & absd liao, if the govt is serious on preventing future ppty prices from escalating!

actually with the 60% TDSR rule, can effectively remove ssd & absd liao, if the govt is serious on preventing future ppty prices from escalating!
    Agreed!

With so many types of CM from a different date..
    Even my lawyer sometimes get confuse when dealing with the transactions

any news if prices are up or down

every unit you sell need to think about getting an extra 10-13% from the buyer to cover your next purchase.

TDSR --> lot of potential sellers will now be unwilling to sell for fear of unable to buy --> resale market killed --> most of the potential buyers will now switch to new launches --> more demands causes more new launches to be fully snapped up during vvip --> developers set higher prices

Not really. Apparently its really quite difficult to secure loans nowadays. Even for new ones. Alot of checks. Resale will depend on holding power. If some sellers start to blink and lower prices than new ones might have no choice also.

What this measure will do is put everything on freeze. Thats exactly the point. Than when supply starts to come in over the years than the downward pressure begins.

Quote Originally Posted by mosaic
    Not really. Apparently its really quite difficult to secure loans nowadays. Even for new ones. Alot of checks. Resale will depend on holding power. If some sellers start to blink and lower prices than new ones might have no choice also.

What this measure will do is put everything on freeze. Thats exactly the point. Than when supply starts to come in over the years than the downward pressure begins.
    Means better to hold on to existing ones and ride on rental yields while the music lasts. If one is able to do that for say 10 years with proper cash flow, effectively one has lowered the LTV of the investment units by another 30%. That makes a lot of difference for the average investors who will have more bullets when next cycle arrives. The next cycle will have to come based on projected 25% popn increase from 5.5M to 6.9M. Just that the govt will be better at handling this time and prevent a surge in prices. A good govt should be one who is able to learn quickly about its population and implement policies to serve all, not just themselves.

So, for multiple property investors, cannot buy and cannot sell.
    All the CMS makes a virtual cage...trapped until demand/supply dynamics determined if it were better to be in the cage or out of it...