Thread: Do you find that EC is better design than private condo nowadays?

Default Do you find that EC is better design than private condo nowadays?

Don't u think EC has a better interior layout, larger site area, better facilities, enough parking lots than alot of private condo nowadays? I find that developers are not putting hearts together to build private condo but they did build better homes in ec.

However one thing surprise me is the construction cost for private condo is more than ec, $250psf to $300psf for private condo and about $200psf for ec. Strange i don't understand. Maybe someone can explain why developers are not building better layout and facilities in private condo while they do did better in ec. How come construction cost is higher in private condo?

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Don't u think EC has a better interior layout, larger site area, better facilities, enough parking lots than alot of private condo nowadays? I find that developers are not putting hearts together to build private condo but they did build better homes in ec.

However one thing surprise me is the construction cost for private condo is more than ec, $250psf to $300psf for private condo and about $200psf for ec. Strange i don't understand. Maybe someone can explain why developers are not building better layout and facilities in private condo while they do did better in ec. How come construction cost is higher in private condo?
    Not really, They (ec) charge the const cost about the same as private at retail price' but you don't get the quality material used. Eg most development use homogenous tile for ec, private use marbles..

The gap between EC and PC seems getting closer.... maybe the Low end PC had gone too far cutting cost nowadays.

OCR mass market PC r giving homo tile, seldom we see marble.
    Past OCR project especially FEO r giving marble, fridge, washer, micro wave n even coffee mixer.
    When marble finishing is concern its include toilet walls.
    All along EC r giving only homo tile, only 1 project was giving compress marble but finishing look so so.
    Nowadays PC r not giving fridge n washer anymore, only oven, same as wat EC is practicing, cost cutting very obvious.

ECs have similar layout to most mass market condos, the only difference is materials used.

Recent projects most two bedroom EC has an enclosed kitchen but not all private condo, most ec bedrooms are able to put a queen size bed but not all private condo.

Recent projects most two bedroom EC has an enclosed kitchen but not all private condo, most ec bedrooms are able to put a queen size bed but not all private condo.
    What is the point of this thread huh?

Not everyone can buy EC even if the statement is factual.

Private condo walls and roofing slabs have built-in insulation material that helps to keep the noise down. the effect of this slabs seems quieter when compare to government build flats.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73
    What is the point of this thread huh?

Not everyone can buy EC even if the statement is factual.

It is a concern for many local first time buyers. Surely, they are interested to know the quality differences.

If the gap is too small, sign tell us that PC needs improvement.

yes, ec are better design than private...cos for public

Not true lag..where got developer so kind to herds..

Construction costs of private condo more than EC may be because:
    1) private developers make more profit than EC developers
    2) EC developers very clever, use poor quality and cheap materials at places you cannot tell and cannot see, hence give you perception that EC quality is better
    3) You think developers are not building better layout and facilities in private condo while they do did better in EC may be your own personal opinion and most others and the developers think otherwise (else how private developers going to sell private condos at premium to ECs?)
    4) Generally, ECs cramp more units than private condos
    5) (What other possibility???)