Page 198 of 200 FirstFirst ... 98148188189190191192193194195196197198199200 LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 1996

Thread: My plan to retire in Malaysia soon

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mummy View Post
    My law firm's employee says should be ok. It does not say that the property we r selling has to be a matrimonial home like u claimed. The website at IRAS does not say that it has to be a matrimonial home.
    Originally when first implemented need.

But they have revised and specified more clearly the conditions this year.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Banned

User Info Menu

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

Default Apparently can if they owned the properties separately / individually

See table from URA for the clearer specification of whether remission is possible.

[url]https://www.iras.gov.sg/irashome/Other-Taxes/Stamp-Duty-for-Property/Claiming-Refunds-Remissions-Reliefs/Remissions/Remission-of-ABSD-for-A-Married-Couple/[/url]
    Attached Images Attached Images

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Junior

User Info Menu

Feel more relieved now. Cause we have reached financial security in a way. If both of us lose our jobs (touch wood), we can hopefully rent out our 3 bedder and live in JB. Can rent out for S$2800 according to agent. Minus maintainence and property tax, left about S$2200 or rm6600 enough for a family of 4 to get by apparently.

Only problem is kids education. Which needs to be in Sg. Will need to enlist our parents' help.

In the meantime, while we r able, we will work and save in Sg as much as we can.

User Info Menu

Hi Mummy,

Really feel good for u. Financial security is a relief especially when u r a senior citizen.

Junior

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supermax1 View Post
    Hi Mummy,

Really feel good for u. Financial security is a relief especially when u r a senior citizen.
    Wah, I am not so old lah. We r only in our 40s.

But difficult to retire when kids r still young.

Will work for their sakes. Hopefully, they can make it to university one day.

Will also try to save more to have other sources of passive income other than rental.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

At your age, the idea should be moderate leverage plus rental plus max cash.

Fully settling the properties might not be a great idea. I feel that very soon you might be hand itchy again.

Wah, I am not so old lah. We r only in our 40s.

But difficult to retire when kids r still young.

Will work for their sakes. Hopefully, they can make it to university one day.

Will also try to save more to have other sources of passive income other than rental.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Junior

User Info Menu

No lah, hubby wants to live in a bungalow. Hopefully, one day we can make his dream come true.....but actually, I am tired of having a big debt...would rather be debt free since hubby's job is erratic and I am getting tired of working everyday.

Ultimate Underdog

User Info Menu

If really honest to yourself, got debt or no debt, you still wonít stop working.

Best to sell only when you canít work anymore. Moreover, your hubby just found a good paying job. So may not be the most optimal move.

Keeping two or more properties will also help to reach bungalow level faster than one single Freehold condo. My opinions only.

No lah, hubby wants to live in a bungalow. Hopefully, one day we can make his dream come true.....but actually, I am tired of having a big debt...would rather be debt free since hubby's job is erratic and I am getting tired of working everyday.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

User Info Menu

Actually with inflation, it is always good to be in debt. Of course the debt must be put to good use.

I have always been in debt since day one. Only once have a 3 month FD as I only need the $$ later.

I still remember one year the inflation in SG went up quite a bit (remember that year when rice was in shortage worldwide, i think it is in 2006 or 2007). The best thing that works for me that property price went up and at the same time owe so much $$ to the bank.

I have to say I did not plan all these but when I look back, I know it was a good to be in debt. The feeling is like you borrowed 1mio but due to inflation, you actually only borrowed 950k.