Page 10 of 228 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    u can see if it is sold out in 1 day or not...that will show its popularity and demand...
    and also J Gateway about 3 times over subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Guys guys look at the quantum, an entry level investor is ill afford to buy a >1.3million property la, an MM at J-gateway cost very very much less than 1million loh... 700k to 800k?..

If the investor has unlimited budget, why would he even buy the Sail at 2000psf? He would be better of to bid for land at $1000psf and build his own condo at only $1500psf?

It is all about at which level the investor is at...
    Size of the sail is 6xxsqft whereas size of jurong mm is 4xxsqft. That explain the quantum diff.
    If u want to talk about quantum, just top up a bit more, you pay 9xxk for espada mm, still less than 1 mil mah. U get near orchard instead. Many shades difference right? Somemore a FH. Of cos espada mm slightly smaller.
    Don't get it wrong, I'm not encouraging pple to buy espada or CCR properties. Not a supporter of CCR properties either. However, mindset probably need to be changed if jurong mm can sell at 1650psf. Perhaps it's time to relook at CCR projects that has psf or quantum that is close to jurong. My

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Actually u r right, Jgateway is just a 7-800k bet. This area has sufficient 3k rental demand, so it's not likely to lose money lah. Not an atas area but the target tenants are not atas ppl either, so ok what. You can make money in every segment.

While you guys are at it, how about the upcoming CDL Commonwealth project ? Next to Queenstown MRT, no mall, expected psf is also 1700 , both brand new, but no mega plans in queenstown though.
    ... And queenstown , just like bishan, has the highest HDB prices.
    The rental for MM at Alexis is $3000-$3500... if can get at $700-$800K hoot ah... But I guess they will price it nearer to 1mil or more

Actually u r right, Jgateway is just a 7-800k bet. This area has sufficient 3k rental demand, so it's not likely to lose money lah. Not an atas area but the target tenants are not atas ppl either, so ok what. You can make money in every segment.

While you guys are at it, how about the upcoming CDL Commonwealth project ? Next to Queenstown MRT, no mall, expected psf is also 1700 , both brand new, but no mega plans in queenstown though.
    Can you rent out a 500 sqft apartment at 3k in Jurong? There are a LOT of HDB houses in that area. What is the rental for a 4room HDB near Lakeside or bukit gombak MRT? They are like 5 mins away by MRT....

They say average selling price for 1bedroom for Jgate is 1778 psf so that is around 890k for a 1 bedder... Is that correct? I got this from the online news.

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    and also J Gateway about 3 times over subscribed
    I wasn't sure why this is a sold out project until I went for a first hand check on the place. I came away very impressed. The area is buzzing with a hive of construction activity. Westgate, big box, NTF and JCH are being built. JEM is jammed with shoppers and diners. definitely a happening place. It does seem that the area is being transformed in a big way. I guess that explain why the project is 100% sold out on its preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Size of the sail is 6xxsqft whereas size of jurong mm is 4xxsqft. That explain the quantum diff.
    If u want to talk about quantum, just top up a bit more, you pay 9xxk for espada mm, still less than 1 mil mah. U get near orchard instead. Many shades difference right? Somemore a FH. Of cos espada mm slightly smaller.
    Don't get it wrong, I'm not encouraging pple to buy espada or CCR properties. Not a supporter of CCR properties either. However, mindset probably need to be changed if jurong mm can sell at 1650psf. Perhaps it's time to relook at CCR projects that has psf or quantum that is close to jurong. My
    the last wave consumers look at quantum... yup Espada quantum is more affordable for those wanting a "CCR" property... Ultimately we are looking at yield and affordability...

Quote Originally Posted by 3centsworth
    I wasn't sure why this is a sold out project until I went for a first hand check on the place. I came away very impressed. The area is buzzing with a hive of construction activity. Westgate, big box, NTF and JCH are being built. JEM is jammed with shoppers and diners. definitely a happening place. It does seem that the area is being transformed in a big way. I guess that explain why the project is 100% sold out on its preview.
    The more I look at the Plan

the more I am attracted to it

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Can you rent out a 500 sqft apartment at 3k in Jurong? There are a LOT of HDB houses in that area. What is the rental for a 4room HDB near Lakeside or bukit gombak MRT? They are like 5 mins away by MRT....

They say average selling price for 1bedroom for Jgate is 1778 psf so that is around 890k for a 1 bedder... Is that correct? I got this from the online news.
    the highest price of JGateway is $17XX psf, not average one.

understand a 600sqf 2-bedder in JGateway can be bought at less than 900k. I am sure it can be rented at 3k+ per month.

no place is cheap in SG now, no matter it is CCR or OCR.

I suggested people buying CCR. In the end, I bought OCR (not J gateway), my friends also bought OCR. I only read cheap CCR price from this forum. when viewing a specific unit, no one is cheap.

$800k is not a lot, but paying $800k for a 474sqft unit in jurong is a lot. Livability is an issue, noise pollution from track n tenants wanting to pay $3000 to rent such a tiny unit are other issues to consider. Inflation would probably drive prices up by a few per cent in the next few years but i do not see huge capital gains for j gateway like centris or caspian. Future growth for new launches will never repeat history. In the past, ppl buy new launches n reap from capital gains coz developers sell lower or similar to surrounding projects in compensation for buyers waiting out the construction period. Now developers sell at future pricing at prices*several*hundred psf higher than a nearby project n lemmings still fall for it. Ringo33 is obviously looking too much at past charts to justify his investment , if things were that simple in investment , anyone can just dump all their money in stocks after doing technical analysis

The more I look at the Plan

the more I am attracted to it
    J-gateway is definitely a high growth and exciting area... I have been monitoring and witnessing the area development since 2010 as I stay around there people can disagree but we west people enjoy the area...

Looking forward to the opening of the 24hr 10 screen Cathay cinema in JEM...

For investment, it is another story, you need to do your own sum and calculations...

The plans for JLD are definitely good , but j gateway pricing isn't
    J-gateway is definitely a high growth and exciting area... I have been monitoring and witnessing the area development since 2010 as I stay around there people can disagree but we west people enjoy the area...

For investment, it is another story, you need to do your own sum and calculations...

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    The investors have to do their own calculations...

Me not vested in j-gateways..

Do you mean $800k for a 500sqft unit that can fetch $3k rental?

With the hotels coming up and some cluster hotels opposite the lake (West Lake)couple with so many office blocks this JLD and J Gateway will be the town that never sleeps, 24hours activities.

Did not buy J Gateway either but might do it in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Good plan with lower price = tankuku !
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

U referring to j gateway buyers ? They really have to tankuku for the price they paid to be considered good price
    Quote Originally Posted by CondoWE
    Good plan with lower price = tankuku !

Then Orchard is also for transient people cos the PM2.5 at this time of posting is highest in the East and the South (which includes Orchard)

Best to stay in Central (Thomson) where PM2.5 reading is the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Jurong are only for transient people because stay too long most got lung cancer due to the heavily polluted air and very high dose of PM2.5 which is not visible by the way and quite smellness...

Maybe u can consider buying ringo33's unit for $2000psf. You can gv him more ammo to come here n brag about j gateways potential
    With the hotels coming up and some cluster hotels opposite the lake (West Lake)couple with so many office blocks this JLD and J Gateway will be the town that never sleeps, 24hours activities.

Did not buy J Gateway either but might do it in the near future

Air Quality Index as of now

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/central/

West recorded the lowest

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    2bd at least 3.x k, 1bd at least 2.x to 3k. Low quantum high demand in the west. (why u put a price tag there ? Nothing to do with the price)
    HDB rental ? Even low level ang mo will not rent HDB. Plus dun be surprised gov tightens HDB rental rules further.
    I'm not totally positive on this, but I'm not that negative either. One thing I'm confident is that there will be no shortage of tenant. When recession / crisis comes, what you need is a tenant not the yield. However I do see the upside on capital gain is limited. As someone said the hype is already priced in. So if you feel like the JLD story will be THAT phenomenal, it's alright to place your bet. You are not going to lose much thanks to the rent. For the upside, it's a personal belief, no need to justify. (it's like faith )

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Yea. I decided to let people stay in their own Jurong $1,700 psf world lo!

New or old whatever is not too important, the important thing is if you have $1.x mil, will u choose to buy brand new haven TOP project in Jurong for $1,700 or a unit in The Sail for $2,0xx psf ?! I think this is a no brainer.

I just want to make sure that there are no innocent readers here who think that the $1,700 psf Jurong is more worthy than the $2,0xx psf The Sail!

DKSG

There are no innocent readers here, only ignorant forummers who are desperately going around trying to convince that 738 buyers at J Gateway are stupid and they are the smartest.

Like I said before, the reason why you need to use a low floor unit of a TOP project like the sail to compare is because your argument fundamentally flawed.

Honestly if you want anyone to take what you said seriously. then pick a new launch in CCR that is next to MRT and similar size to compare.

As I have said before.

Record price
    The Sail $3499psf
    Marina Bay Residence $4368psf
    Marina Bay Suite $3409psf
    Echelon $2500psf,
    Up @ Robertson $2900psf
    Scotts Tower $3500psf,

J Gateway $1700psf
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You are so right! The unlimited budget person probably bought MarQ@Paterson, 6000 sqft unit at >$5000 psf or a cool $30 MILLION!

Who would want to buy an MM, 500 sqft at S$1700 psf in Jurong for just $0.85 MILLION?

Guys guys look at the quantum, an entry level investor is ill afford to buy a >1.3million property la, an MM at J-gateway cost very very much less than 1million loh... 700k to 800k?..

If the investor has unlimited budget, why would he even buy the Sail at 2000psf? He would be better of to bid for land at $1000psf and build his own condo at only $1500psf?

It is all about at which level the investor is at...

If you want to compare J Gateway, compare that with new launch. If you want to compare resale, then compare with Lakeshore or Caspian.

The Sail? location wise is great, but if you dont have the view and marina facing, dont waste your money. It is a 800-900psf quality condo at the end of the day, not a luxury apartment.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

2bd at least 3.x k, 1bd at least 2.x to 3k. Low quantum high demand in the west. (why u put a price tag there ? Nothing to do with the price)
    HDB rental ? Even low level ang mo will not rent HDB. Plus dun be surprised gov tightens HDB rental rules further.
    I'm not totally positive on this, but I'm not that negative either. One thing I'm confident is that there will be no shortage of tenant. When recession / crisis comes, what you need is a tenant not the yield. However I do see the upside on capital gain is limited. As someone said the hype is already priced in. So if you feel like the JLD story will be THAT phenomenal, it's alright to place your bet. You are not going to lose much thanks to the rent. For the upside, it's a personal belief, no need to justify. (it's like faith )
    Hdb 3b is alr renting ard 2.2k at west coast area, not near MRT. Btw who pay maintenance, tenant or landlord?
    “Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.” - Warren Buffet

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    At the moment Caspian MM apartment is rented out at around 3K per month and its located next to Lakeside MRT. When J Gateway TOP, $3.5K will be not problem.

South includes Orchard? Probably you are referring to Marina area which is the South region.
    And by the way, the PM2.5 you see at just that instance at NEA website does not capture the strange smells in Jurong, and also the frequent bursting which will release lots of PM2.5 from the "chimneys" over there in Jurong. Bet you don't know about it that is why you are sprouting nonsense! It would do you a lot of good to check through the PM2.5 for the whole month in Jurong then you will know that the PM2.5 there can fluctuates from heaven to hell..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Wait Long Long
    Then Orchard is also for transient people cos the PM2.5 at this time of posting is highest in the East and the South (which includes Orchard)

Best to stay in Central (Thomson) where PM2.5 reading is the lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    If you want to compare J Gateway, compare that with new launch. If you want to compare resale, then compare with Lakeshore or Caspian.

The Sail? location wise is great, but if you dont have the view and marina facing, dont waste your money. It is a 800-900psf quality condo at the end of the day, not a luxury apartment.
    Then tell me in which aspect J gateway facing is better than the sail?
    The hospital facing or the mrt track facing?
    At this moment, it's buyer's market. Buyers can't compare the price tag betw new projects and resale projects? Omg what talking u?
    Ringgo, I admire your obsession in JLD development plans. But I certainly not convinced with your flawed reasoning.

Wrong! Larkin in JB has the lowest and best air quality! Surprise surprise! That very busy bus interchange area in JB has best air quality?! Is your air quality index measurement instrument measuring upside down?

Air Quality Index as of now

http://aqicn.org/city/singapore/central/

West recorded the lowest

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wrong! Larkin in JB has the lowest and best air quality! Surprise surprise! That very busy bus interchange area in JB has best air quality?! Is your air quality index measurement instrument measuring upside down?

referring to Singapore

but if you want to take in Malaysia
    then it is Paka, Terennganu

But don't blame you
    from your past postings you are a person who recognizes wrong places
    Admiralty and AMK for Jurong

Then tell me in which aspect J gateway facing is better than the sail?
    The hospital facing or the mrt track facing?
    At this moment, it's buyer's market. Buyers can't compare the price tag betw new projects and resale projects? Omg what talking u?
    Ringgo, I admire your obsession in JLD development plans. But I certainly not convinced with your flawed reasoning.

The view from the sail at 5 floors that is not facing marina bay will be the same anywhere because you are just looking at building from you window. for that it will cost you $2000psf.

For $1700psf at J Gateway, should be over looking the Jurong Lake, country club from >30 floor, and there are almost no comparison for such unit in right in the heart of 2nd largest commercial hub in Singapore.

No, its not buyer cant compare new launch to resale, it is forummer like you who choose to compare apple to orange.

J Gateway $1700psf

Echelon $2500psf,

Up @ Robertson $2900psf

Scotts Tower $3500psf

Marina One $4000psf ???