Page 5 of 228 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    not necc "every" rite? bidadari is due for future development as well, but the price for the recently launched bartley ridge was kinda cheap.

liddat is 马后炮 liao! u nvr noe the struggle & pressure tat the pricing team is faced with when they hv to set such a high price to compensate for the high GLS paid for
    Nod. When the agent told be it would be sold at least 1600psf at end of March, I told him it was hard to sell at that price.

Most of us misjudged the market, including MCL. This, to some extent, shows that the price is actually fair. The only reason of the shock is that there were very few new projects to scale up the price in the west step by step, making J-gateway like a bomb.

Urban Vista, another project very near to MRT, is also sold at similar price. but most people think it is ok because there are so many new projects in the east sold at similar price.

RWS is going to break ground on their Jurong Gateway hotel soon, hopefully they will also unveil the design as well.

This should give JLD another marketing boost...

Huat ah!!
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

so eggciting... I stay in west but still have not visited JEMS yet lol so suaku. But yest decided to watch late night movie at Jcube.. bypass JEMS and saw the dropoff point looks so like orchard mall lol

CASPIAN LAKESIDE DRIVE 22 Non-landed Properties 2 5,000 900 to 1000 May-13

this tenant quite champion. 2 bedder go pay $5000...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Actually the tenant not dumb lah, because the following has been thrown in by the landlord:
    1) Utility bills fully bored by landlord.
    2) house fully renovated and decorated by landlord, just bring their luggage in will do! All other stuffs (including sofa, beds, furniture, study table, chairs, etc fully provided by landlord and selected specifically to tenants' own likings!).
    3) Quarterly air-con servicing fully bored by landlord.
    4) laundry of curtains once every half year fully bored by landlord.
    5) Cleaning of house once a week by engaging part-time helper fully bored by landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by ahkongkid
    Dumb tenants since the average for MAy 2013 for the same size was 2k cheaper.

Month Average Monthly Rent
    May-13 4350
    source: http://www.singaporepropertycycle.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Actually the tenant not dumb lah, because the following has been thrown in by the landlord:
    1) Utility bills fully bored by landlord.
    2) house fully renovated and decorated by landlord, just bring their luggage in will do! All other stuffs (including sofa, beds, furniture, study table, chairs, etc fully provided by landlord and selected specifically to tenants' own likings!).
    3) Quarterly air-con servicing fully bored by landlord.
    4) laundry of curtains once every half year fully bored by landlord.
    5) Cleaning of house once a week by engaging part-time helper fully bored by landlord.

Are you also one of those who like to make wild speculation about your neighbors who drives a bigger car than you?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Originally Posted by DKSG
    Office Boy posted something along this line a while ago and asks for all to watch this. This is the Theory of Concentration plus my observations from the ground.

It is really simple, doesn't take a genius to understand, because Office Boy is average IQ one!

If Jurong got people willing (and mind you Thats more than 1,000 people willing) to pay $1,600-$1,800, it won't take long for prices along the way to River Valley to increase... Very simple, for the same price, would u want to stay in Jurong or Clementi? Jurong or Bishan?

That's all Office Boy can say, because nowadays, I know this forum is reviewed by policy makers ... Heheh !

DKSG
    Let me tell you why it might not necessary be the case.

According to media report, majority of the buyers for J Gateway are actually people living in the west, which mean at the moment, its the westerners who could see the potential and value of J Gateway. And this is not to say that Westerners are totally ignorant about property else where

As much as people here like to compare J Gateway to CCR property, I can tell you that the really good properties in CCR are never cheap, and those CCR properties which forummers choose for comparison are perhaps the bottom tier of CCR property which are located in not so ideal location. Some could even go as far as saying that because its CCR property, they are more willing to walk 1.5km to MRT and could do that in 10min. ie. walking at 9kmh??

While those who are vested elsewhere could making a big fuss about how over priced is J Gateway and how the money will eventually flow towards where they invested, I could tell you that the opposite will be more likely to happen.

The launched of J Gateway a few weeks back has made investors and buyers from all corner of Singapore stood up to take notice about JLD. As we can see in this forum as well. So going forward, we are likely to see some to continue living in denial and pouring cold water on the future of JLD, many potential investors and buyers will actually start to do their own fact findings and take notice of JLD whenever there are media report on new development on JLD (Which will go on for the next 10 to 15 years)

When they have fully understood the concept and plan of JLD, many people, including tenants, will realize JLD is in fact a mini Singapore city on its own, that is build on sound fundamentals from Jobs to education, from family leisure to healthcare, which is pretty much what a normal human being needs.

Honestly, based on the comments I read in this forum, I am actually think many people in Singapore still have no clue about that JLD masterplan is all about, which also mean the future of JLD is brighter than I thought.

Dont under estimate the charm of the western dragon

GENTING Singapore on Thursday broke ground on its new 550-room hotel in western Singapore, along Jurong Town Hall Road.

Located at a 9,027 square metres site with a 99 year lease period, the hotel is slated to open in the first half of 2015 in a district earmarked by Singapore's Urban Redevelopment Authority as a new growth area with commercial, business and leisure facilities.

The hotel is situated close to the International Business Park cluster of offices, as well as popular shopping malls such as JCube and Jem.

Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, Chairman of the Genting Group and Executive Chairman of Genting Singapore said, "With our hotel being the first to open in this growing precinct, we hope to create another unique hospitality product that will crank up the buzz meter in this already vibrant area to even higher levels. This will be a new landmark in the Jurong Lake District."

The hotel will be the seventh hospitality development for Genting Singapore, which owns six hotel properties at Resorts World Sentosa (RWS): Crockfords Tower, Hotel Michael, Festive Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Equarius Hotel and the Beach Villas.

Huat ah!

maybe genting can do hospitality reit. hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

According to media report, majority of the buyers for J Gateway are actually people living in the west, which mean at the moment, its the westerners who could see the potential and value of J Gateway. And this is not to say that Westerners are totally ignorant about property else where

As much as people here like to compare J Gateway to CCR property, I can tell you that the really good properties in CCR are never cheap, and those CCR properties which forummers choose for comparison are perhaps the bottom tier of CCR property which are located in not so ideal location. Some could even go as far as saying that because its CCR property, they are more willing to walk 1.5km to MRT and could do that in 10min. ie. walking at 9kmh??

While those who are vested elsewhere could making a big fuss about how over priced is J Gateway and how the money will eventually flow towards where they invested, I could tell you that the opposite will be more likely to happen.

The launched of J Gateway a few weeks back has made investors and buyers from all corner of Singapore stood up to take notice about JLD. As we can see in this forum as well. So going forward, we are likely to see some to continue living in denial and pouring cold water on the future of JLD, many potential investors and buyers will actually start to do their own fact findings and take notice of JLD whenever there are media report on new development on JLD (Which will go on for the next 10 to 15 years)

When they have fully understood the concept and plan of JLD, many people, including tenants, will realize JLD is in fact a mini Singapore city on its own, that is build on sound fundamentals from Jobs to education, from family leisure to healthcare, which is pretty much what a normal human being needs.

Honestly, based on the comments I read in this forum, I am actually think many people in Singapore still have no clue about that JLD masterplan is all about, which also mean the future of JLD is brighter than I thought.
    This it totally Rubbish!

If Jurong and Clementi is selling at the same price, how many would choose Jurong ? If Clementi and Bouna Vista/Holland area selling at the same price, how many would choose Clementi ?

If you dont believe, you can do your favorite polling la!

Your statements show that you are in total denial!

Thats why I say, if people can find any FH/LH properties between Jurong CCR for $1,800 or less, just GRAB! Especially if it is FH.

I have a few office colleagues who came and ask me whether can buy this Jurong thing or not, I just told them if Queenstown got units at 5% more will they consider ? All of them dropped the idea of buying Jurong at $1,600-$1,800 Immediately. Wont most people ?

Think, people, Think!

DKSG

Ha ha ha! Makes a lot of sense, but that person won't be interested in any thing sensible since it is not in his interest to do so... That is why must spend so much time trying to persuade other people to buy Jurong at $1600 psf!

If so good need persuading?
    Does the buyer of Hamilton need persuading to pay $5000 psf? This buyer is one who is not even interested in Jurong at $1600 psf!

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    This it totally Rubbish!

If Jurong and Clementi is selling at the same price, how many would choose Jurong ? If Clementi and Bouna Vista/Holland area selling at the same price, how many would choose Clementi ?

Thats why I say, if people can find any FH/LH properties between Jurong CCR for $1,800 or less, just GRAB! Especially if it is FH.

I have a few office colleagues who came and ask me whether can buy this Jurong thing or not, I just told them if Queenstown got units at 5% more will they consider ? All of them dropped the idea of buying Jurong at $1,600-$1,800 Immediately. Wont most people ?

Think, people, Think!

DKSG

This it totally Rubbish!

Think, people, Think!

DKSG
    actually I do agree with yr viewpoints tat Jurong is afterall Jurong; it can nvr fight wif a better location. but u dun underestimate Jurong's ability.

Tampines is a very gd eg. Although if u ask ppl, would u choose TPY or Tampines, most ppl (including myself) will choose the former. BUT, u cannot deny the fact tat ppty prices in Tampines isn't very much cheaper as compared to TPY.

in short, Jurong, like Tampines is overpriced, but there r tonnes of ppl willing to pay for it.

This it totally Rubbish!

Think, people, Think!

DKSG
    bother, no one will sell new MM in Queenstown at $1600, big size one is possible.

one reason that J-gaway can be sold is its small quantum, a 2-bedder is less than 900k, a bit above $1,400 psf only.

Default This kind of thing very common in Jurong...

This kind of thing very common in Jurong...

Guys continue peeing near ATM despite warning These fellas are champions.

When the call of nature comes you have to answer!

Well for these guys they decided to relieve themselves on near an ATM and even posed for a photo while they were doing the deed.

When STOMPer H told two men to not pee near a P.O.S.B ATM, they ignored and even challenged him to take a picture of their deed.

The STOMPer proceeded to take a picture of the two men, and wondered if they were peeing in a public place because they were unaware of the law that such an act is illegal.

Said the STOMPer:

"These two guys were caught on my camera while urinating at next to a P.O.S.B ATM machine.

"I was on my way to withdraw money at 11:35pm on July 9 when I spotted them.

"I tried to tell them about Singapore law urinating in public but they simply ignored and told me to "I don't care, take a photo."

"So, I took this shot while they continued with their business.

"I wonder why these guys are not aware of Singapore's law?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33

This it totally Rubbish!

Think, people, Think!

DKSG
    Let me tell you why your argument is flaw.

1) Your ideology is based on the traditional thinking that only property near to the CCR deserves to command a premium and you have not put much thought into how the government's effort to decentralize commercial hub in Singapore is going to shift the paradigm of property buyers.

2) You are totally discounting the fact that JLD itself will become the largest commercial center outside CBD, which will also have its world class attraction.

3) There are plenty of FH apartments in CCR that is selling at $1800psf and less, and the reason why they are selling this low is because they are either too old or located in lousy location. Yes, within CCR there are good and bad location, and I hope you are not going to waste time disputing that. And btw, for 1 bedder apartment along orchard road, some are selling at $3500psf, that is around $2000psf premium over JLD.

4) The last time I check, 1 a bedder at Echelon Queenstown was selling at around $2500psf and while J Gateway is selling at $1700psf. There is still a $800psf difference. So, what rubbish are you talking about to your colleagues? If you wish to compare old Queentown condo to J Gateway, whey not compare it with old condo in Jurong? Many are still selling below $1000psf, ask your colleague if they are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    bother, no one will sell new MM in Queenstown at $1600, big size one is possible.

one reason that J-gaway can be sold is its small quantum, a 2-bedder is less than 900k, a bit above $1,400 psf only.
    J Gateway $1700psf, Echelon $2500psf, Scotts Tower $3500psf, One Marina $4000psf

Why do you say things which are so childish? If you had checked the source, this incident actually happened in Ang Mo Kio. These type of incidents can happen anywhere, CCR, OCR, RCR, so why make these type of statements?

Everyone knows you do not not like Jurong, but this type of statements really take the cake!!!!!!

Really childish!!

This kind of thing very common in Jurong...

Guys continue peeing near ATM despite warning These fellas are champions.

When the call of nature comes you have to answer!

Well for these guys they decided to relieve themselves on near an ATM and even posed for a photo while they were doing the deed.

When STOMPer H told two men to not pee near a P.O.S.B ATM, they ignored and even challenged him to take a picture of their deed.

The STOMPer proceeded to take a picture of the two men, and wondered if they were peeing in a public place because they were unaware of the law that such an act is illegal.

Said the STOMPer:

"These two guys were caught on my camera while urinating at next to a P.O.S.B ATM machine.

"I was on my way to withdraw money at 11:35pm on July 9 when I spotted them.

"I tried to tell them about Singapore law urinating in public but they simply ignored and told me to "I don't care, take a photo."

"So, I took this shot while they continued with their business.

"I wonder why these guys are not aware of Singapore's law?"

the thread title makes reader boiled!

how come i dont see any POSB ATM?
    also, the Stomper funny le, "told two men to not pee near a P.O.S.B ATM". so the problem is because the 2 men pee near a POSB ATM. If pee at other banks' ATM OK.
    i think the stomper want to withdraw money from the POSB atm, afraid that he step into pool of urine, that's why he complain. If he didnt have any need to withdraw money, then he also will mind his own business.

Bro Ringo, u have done a lot of analysis on jurong. I commend u and i believe the story. I always believe, what the govt wants, what the govt gets......

The only time I can recall whereby the govt did not achieve was in Punggol. Punggol was stopped because of 1997... So that was a rare case.

The govt wanted bishan to be great, what happen? The govt wanted Serangoon to be great, what happened? The govt wanted Sentosa to be great, what happened? The govt wanted marina to be great, what happened?

So, you are right to listen to govt. if any of u go Jurong, u will know the amount of investment the govt put on the infra....

Cheers.

Many did not believe OCR will do a fantastic job over the past 4 years.... Hahahahaha

Here's a glimpse of Genting Singapore's first Jurong hotel

*It's slated to open in 2015.According to a release, Genting Singapore broke ground on its new hotel in western*Singapore, along Jurong Town Hall Road last Thursday.Slated to open in the first half of 2015, Genting Singapore’s latest property development will be the first hotel to open in the Jurong Lake District which has been earmarked by Singapore’s Urban Redevelopment Authority as a new growth area with commercial, business and leisure facilities.Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay, Chairman of the Genting Group and Executive Chairman of Genting Singapore said, “This hotel signifies our commitment to reinvesting in Singapore, where Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) is based. Since opening RWS in 2010, we have transformed the tourism landscape in Singapore, and participated actively in the country’s social and community causes.With our hotel being the first to open in this growing precinct, we hope to create another unique hospitality product that will crank up the buzz meter in this already vibrant area to even higher levels. This will be a new landmark in the Jurong Lake District.”The hotel has a site area of 9,027 square metres and a lease period of 99 years. Located 5 minutes from the Jurong East Mass Rapid Transit station, it is situated close to the International Business Park cluster of offices, as well as popular shopping malls such as JCube and Jem.Designed for both business and leisure visitors, the 550-room hotel will have a contemporary look, with clean-line furnishings. Besides club rooms for business executives, the hotel room inventory will include family rooms that can each comfortably accommodate families of four.To complement the lush tropical lakeside setting close to the Jurong Lake, the architects adopted a “hotel in a garden” theme incorporating extensive landscaping and greenery, as well as roof gardens and sky terraces for guests to enjoy expansive views of the Jurong Lake District.Extensive open spaces such as courtyards and gardens will be found in many parts of the hotel.The hotel’s facilities include an all-day dining restaurant and a 24-hour deli, a swimming pool, a*gym, a launderette, meeting rooms and a ballroom.Connectivity features strongly, with*complimentary wifi offered throughout the hotel, as well as internet stations and media pods in the*lobby.Mr Tan Hee Teck, President and Chief Operating Officer of Genting Singapore said, “We are excited to be the first hotel investor in the Jurong Lake District. Our flagship Resorts World Sentosa is one of the most successful integrated resorts in the world today, and the Jurong Lake Precinct should expect nothing less from this hotel in its category.We will deliver a product that will bring incremental business to neighbouring merchants, accommodation convenience to companies in the vicinity, and amenities to Jurong West residents. We will deliver an exciting property.’’The hotel will be the seventh hospitality development for Genting Singapore, which currently owns*six hotel properties at RWS: Crockfords Tower, Hotel Michael, Festive Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, Equarius Hotel and the Beach Villas. *

Govt last time ask many people to study IT... But as we know, it turned out to be the worst field after that...

And by the way, govt didn't try to psycho people to buy into the Orchard, that is why Orchard is able to maintain as the place with the most valuable properties with highest $PSF in the whole of Singapore!
    May be you all should just ask govt to leave Jurong alone and it will have better chance of rising in prices to beat Orchard?

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Bro Ringo, u have done a lot of analysis on jurong. I commend u and i believe the story. I always believe, what the govt wants, what the govt gets......

The only time I can recall whereby the govt did not achieve was in Punggol. Punggol was stopped because of 1997... So that was a rare case.

The govt wanted bishan to be great, what happen? The govt wanted Serangoon to be great, what happened? The govt wanted Sentosa to be great, what happened? The govt wanted marina to be great, what happened?

So, you are right to listen to govt. if any of u go Jurong, u will know the amount of investment the govt put on the infra....

Cheers.

Many did not believe OCR will do a fantastic job over the past 4 years.... Hahahahaha

Govt last time ask many people to study IT... But as we know, it turned out to be the worst field after that...
    Bro, for education, the govt decides what they want and use it to advantage.....

Do u think bio science is great for Singaporeans????

For props, the govt build infra around it...... If they build up infra, wat will happen???? Look at punggol today....

I believe the key area of deployment will be marina, sentosa, jurong.... When the govt spend money on infra, they expect returns....

U have every rite to disagree with me... I am just giving my view... The verdict will be known in a few years time....

My next question is, what is the govt doing for Orchard????? Any infra???? I really am not up to date with props.... If u say yes, I will believe u. Because I really am not up to date....

But when I go orchard, I don't see how the govt can rev it up.... But when they rev up marina and jurong, investments start pouring in....

I am not vested in jurong nor marina as I have enough of props liao.... But I just speaking out aloud....

This is not a debate and I am open to views....

Cheers

And by the way, govt didn't try to psycho people to buy into the Orchard, that is why Orchard is able to maintain as the place with the most valuable properties with highest $PSF in the whole of Singapore!
    May be you all should just ask govt to leave Jurong alone and it will have better chance of rising in prices to beat Orchard?
    Bro, my gut feel is marina will definitely unseat Orchard.....

We will know in a couple of years.....

Marina will be able to give more than orchard.....

Bro, for education, the govt decides what they want and use it to advantage.....

Do u think bio science is great for Singaporeans????

For props, the govt build infra around it...... If they build up infra, wat will happen???? Look at punggol today....

I believe the key area of deployment will be marina, sentosa, jurong.... When the govt spend money on infra, they expect returns....

U have every rite to disagree with me... I am just giving my view... The verdict will be known in a few years time....

My next question is, what is the govt doing for Orchard????? Any infra???? I really am not up to date with props.... If u say yes, I will believe u. Because I really am not up to date....

But when I go orchard, I don't see how the govt can rev it up.... But when they rev up marina and jurong, investments start pouring in....

I am not vested in jurong nor marina as I have enough of props liao.... But I just speaking out aloud....

Cheers

Well said! I salute you! Have a nice weekend!

Bro, when Singapore was manufacturing, they wanted a lot of engineers..... Look at engineers today????
    When govt today is going into bio science, what happened....

So my advise is look at history to find the future....of course, sometimes it differs... But it will provide a clue....

Cheers

To some, it is a must win debate !!!

For me, share views - no need to be upset if there are disagreements Time will eventually prove who is right

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    To some, it is a must win debate !!!

For me, share views - no need to be upset if there are disagreements Time will eventually prove who is right
    We need time to tell us that Clementi will be more expensive than Jurong ?
    That Redhill will be more expensive than Clementi ?
    That Orchard will be more expensive than River Valley ?
    That Tampines will be more expensive than Pasir Ris (thats to the person who is comparing Tampines with Toa Payoh)...

I dont think there is a need to use time to tell us that la ... the time we can look at is the past 30 years ...

DKSG

We need time to tell us that Clementi will be more expensive than Jurong ?
    That Redhill will be more expensive than Clementi ?
    That Orchard will be more expensive than River Valley ?
    That Tampines will be more expensive than Pasir Ris (thats to the person who is comparing Tampines with Toa Payoh)...

I dont think there is a need to use time to tell us that la ... the time we can look at is the past 30 years ...

DKSG
    Yup, can learn from the past - still it would be fascinating to me to see what happens in the next 3 to 5 years