Page 6 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

JLD will be a class of its own. No longer the old jurong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    J Gateway $1700psf, Echelon $2500psf, Scotts Tower $3500psf, One Marina $4000psf
    JLD definitely has got plenty to catch up in terms of psf.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

JLD definitely has got plenty to catch up in terms of psf.
    Originally Posted by Ringo33
    J Gateway $1700psf, Echelon $2500psf, Scotts Tower $3500psf, One Marina $4000psf

Based on what you say, RedHill and River Valley and Orchard got EVEN MORE to catch up!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Yup, can learn from the past - still it would be fascinating to me to see what happens in the next 3 to 5 years
    Dont just sit there and be fascinated!
    Grab something that is undervalued now!

With $1,700 benchmark in Jurong, many many locations are now undervalued and will catch up within the next 3-5 years even if Jurong price dont move beyond $1,700!

DKSG

I tot j gateway mid floor 1500 to 1550? When did it become 1700? Super high floor 34th floor unit? hee if everybody keep rounding up and down, soon people will say j gateway sold 2000psf, quick go buy triling at clementi at 1000psf only.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

With $1,700 benchmark in Jurong, many many locations are now undervalued and will catch up within the next 3-5 years even if Jurong price dont move beyond $1,700!

DKSG
    Thanks for the advice ... already bought a property for own stay (waiting for TOP). Moreover, all the recent CMs / loan restrictions makes it difficult for me to buy / invest in any more properties in Singapore

Based on what you say, RedHill and River Valley and Orchard got EVEN MORE to catch up!

DKSG

River Valley
    The Boutiq $2600psf
    UP @ Robertson Quay $2900psf
    Twin Peak $3500psf

Redhill
    Echelon $2400psf

Jurong
    J Gateway - $1700psf
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

DKSG
    Good point.
    One thing though need to compare 1room 1700pfs JLD with 1 room elsewhere.
    Lets all hope JLD goes up 2000pfs and way beyond. It may be a special place but sure will lift all if not most of the boats elsewhere.
    All ppty owners will be very happy

River Valley
    The Boutiq $2600psf
    UP @ Robertson Quay $2900psf
    Twin Peak $3500psf

Redhill
    Echelon $2400psf

Jurong
    J Gateway - $1700psf
    haha why choose all the over priced ones to compare? 5 years down the road.. over priced will become normal priced.. because the currently normal priced ones will catch up...

Robertson
    The pier at Robertson - 2200 psf
    Martin place residence - 2300 psf

Newton
    Vida - 2300 psf
    Newton edge - 2100 psf

I anyhow pluck these from the back of my mind... any one of the above you buy today will give u 4% yield eyes closed... the list can go longer...

so next 3 years gross rent already 120-140k....

I don't really believe over priced today will become crazy priced 3 years later....

if over price today can become crazy price tomorrow, think about what that means for those reasonable priced today...

Quote Originally Posted by Condo Kaiser
    haha why choose all the over priced ones to compare? 5 years down the road.. over priced will become normal priced.. because the currently normal priced ones will catch up...

Robertson
    The pier at Robertson - 2200 psf
    Martin place residence - 2300 psf

Newton
    Vida - 2300 psf
    Newton edge - 2100 psf

I anyhow pluck these from the back of my mind... any one of the above you buy today will give u 4% yield eyes closed... the list can go longer...

so next 3 years gross rent already 120-140k....
    I think its only fair that we compare apple to apple. ie. new launches vs new launch, small apartment vs small apartment.

Else I could also ask why pick the highest psf price in J Gateway to compare? Why not choose psf price of older or TOP condo in JLD to compare?

Perhaps it might be more logical to use these "over price" CCR property as benchmark instead of J Gateway.

And btw, Lincoln suites at Newton has already hit $2900psf.

J Gateway $1700psf only. cheap cheap

I think its only fair that we compare apple to apple. ie. new launches vs new launch, small apartment vs small apartment.

Else I could also ask why pick the highest psf price in J Gateway to compare? Why not choose psf price of older or TOP condo in JLD to compare?

Perhaps it might be more logical to use these "over price" CCR property as benchmark instead of J Gateway.

Tht's what I was saying right.. don't buy new launch... only resale makes sense now...

I already try my best to find smallish 1 bedder to compare with you liao...

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Yes you are so right! Why Ringgo want to buy a new launch at overpriced price and see them normalize to about same price as surrounding condos after 5 years?
    May be he is trying to flip very quickly at a premium after buying at overpriced price so that he will not see the normalization after 5 years and must persuade somebody to take over his baby?

Tht's what I was saying right.. don't buy new launch... only resale makes sense now...

and tht's why new launch in CCR are not sold out overnight... cos richer people got brain... know new launch no value... then developer still got a bit of holding power so refuse to reduce price... so stuck lo....

but a lot of stupid people cheong to buy new launch all over the island leh... all is heartland one... why? kiasu lo... and j gate way is the ultimate kiasu lo... something worth 10 dollars in 5 years, people sell u for 11 dollars today...

and tht's why new launch in CCR are not sold out overnight... cos richer people got brain... know new launch no value... then developer still got a bit of holding power so refuse to reduce price... so stuck lo....

but a lot of stupid people cheong to buy new launch all over the island leh... all is heartland one... why? kiasu lo... and j gate way is the ultimate kiasu lo... something worth 10 dollars in 5 years, people sell u for 11 dollars today...
    This nicely summarised the situation.

DKSG

Really like your description. 10 bucks in 5 years, market at 11 today.

Bravo indeed!
    Ride or Die

Jurong and most part of the west selling at only $5xx-6xxpsf few years ago and that is what I call cheap. You are paying triple the psf of these old condos but you are not getting 3 times the remaining lease of these old condos. I would rather pay $600psf with 80 years remaining on the lease than pay $1800psf for a condo with 99 years.

1) 1919 and LIV Sophia were both sold out project in CCR. Not cheap either, 2000 to 2500psf??

2) Like I said before, one shouldnt assume that all CCR the same and the reason why some are cheaper than the others is because of LOCATIONx3 not because of DISTRICT number

Plus the reason why those CCR launches we are seeing today are not sold out because of poor location. e.g. which recently launched CCR projects are next to MRT and shopping mall? Perhaps we could wait till Marina One launch later this year to see if the richer people are really smarter as you claim.

3) Instead of thinking that CCR buyers are all smart, why not think of it as buyers today are more selective on what they buy because of CMs. (cant afford to be fickle minded)
    And btw, how sure are you that J Gateway buyers are not rich in the first place?

Lets not label new property buyer as stupid just because you have an early start in property investment. For first timer or upgrader, if their intention is to only own 1 PC, I am sure they would prefer to own one that they like, and something that is worth keeping instead of buying one because its cheap.

On same note, you could also label anyone carrying designer hang bag or diners in expensive restaurant as stupid because the bag is not going to make them richer or the food making them healthier. Why spend $15 for a beer in the restaurant when you can get them at $3 in supermarket?

1 - please stop comparing to new launch... you still not getting what I say

2 - please don't tell me u think The Pier and Martin place location not good.... also... the 2 newton condos all 5min walk to MRT

3 - FYI majority of real CCR investors never used to take 80% financing so CM impact them less. While all the CMI buyers now got priced out of good location so they have to down grade and catch the bandwagon....

Lets not label new property buyer as stupid just because you have an early start in property investment. For first timer or upgrader, if their intention is to only own 1 PC, I am sure they would prefer to own one that they like, and something that is worth keeping instead of buying one because its cheap.

On same note, you could also label anyone carrying designer hang bag or diners in expensive restaurant as stupid because the bag is not going to make them richer or the food making them healthier. Why spend $15 for a beer in the restaurant when you can get them at $3 in supermarket?
    so its first timer and upgrader who bought the 1 bedder <500sqft units at j gateway? haha..

they learn from yowetan squeeze whole family in 1 bedder cos they love staying in the west?

1 - please stop comparing to new launch... you still not getting what I say

2 - please don't tell me u think The Pier and Martin place location not good.... also... the 2 newton condos all 5min walk to MRT

3 - FYI majority of real CCR investors never used to take 80% financing so CM impact them less. While all the CMI buyers now got priced out of good location so they have to down grade and catch the bandwagon....
    1) If you intention is to compare new launches vs. resale, then there is no reason to single out J Gateway as the reason why Islandwide property price is under value.

2) They are good property in good location and they are nowhere as cheap as what people are trying to see. Again, you are using old project to compare with J Gateway $1700 (new launch)

3) Whether one take new 80% or pay in full, for an investor, rich or poor they still need to pay ABSD and be bounded by SSD.

haha ok ok.. I think we can all agree there is no point in continuing this conversation anymore... let u win...

I read your signature and concede u are indeed more experienced than me...

Last edited by Condo Kaiser; 13-07-13 at 00:30.

so its first timer and upgrader who bought the 1 bedder <500sqft units at j gateway? haha..

they learn from yowetan squeeze whole family in 1 bedder cos they love staying in the west?
    How they choose to invest their money is really none of your business really.
    and I honestly think you should just mind your own business.

hahah? Whats so funny for first timer to buy MM?

Very funny for upgrader to buy MM! How to squeeze whole family in MM hah?

How they choose to invest their money is really none of your business really.
    and I honestly think you should just mind your own business.

hahah? Whats so funny for first timer to buy MM?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Very funny for upgrader to buy MM! How to squeeze whole family in MM hah?
    old man, wear spectacle lah.

I said first timer buying MM, how come twist and turn until become upgrader?

have you found where exactly is Jurong Gateway yet?

And did any of your neighbors annoyed you because they bought a new car?

I may be old but I am very sharp, and I have photographic memory... See, you wrote "for first timer or upgrader..."

old man, wear spectacle lah.

I said first timer buying MM, how come twist and turn until become upgrader?

have you found where exactly is Jurong Gateway yet?

And did any of your neighbors annoyed you because they bought a new car?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    I may be old but I am very sharp, and I have photographic memory... See, you wrote "for first timer or upgrader..."
    aiyo, old man eye got stamp isit?

When I mention upgrader in my earlier post, did I mention MM? Or are you just imaging things because of your old man medication? dizzy?

this kind of twisting word stunt is very unproductive and unhealthy for old people, please try to avoid doing it too often.

So old man, have you found out where is jurong gateway?

I cannot help But wonder, which first timer/upgrader would be content living in a less than 500 sq ft house? Or is everyone thinking like yowetan now?
    Ride or Die