Page 7 of 228 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Wasn't you the one who justified that J Gateway is worth >$1600 psf because it is an MM and must be compared to MMs else where which are going for >$3000 psf? Then you said first timer or upgrader are not stupid to buy into J Gateway... No? See below in RED...

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    aiyo, old man eye got stamp isit?

When I mention upgrader in my earlier post, did I mention MM? Or are you just imaging things because of your old man medication? dizzy?

this kind of twisting word stunt is very unproductive and unhealthy for old people, please try to avoid doing it too often.

So old man, have you found out where is jurong gateway?
    Let me tell you why your argument is flaw.

1) Your ideology is based on the traditional thinking that only property near to the CCR deserves to command a premium and you have not put much thought into how the government's effort to decentralize commercial hub in Singapore is going to shift the paradigm of property buyers.

2) You are totally discounting the fact that JLD itself will become the largest commercial center outside CBD, which will also have its world class attraction.

3) There are plenty of FH apartments in CCR that is selling at $1800psf and less, and the reason why they are selling this low is because they are either too old or located in lousy location. Yes, within CCR there are good and bad location, and I hope you are not going to waste time disputing that. And btw, for 1 bedder apartment along orchard road, some are selling at $3500psf, that is around $2000psf premium over JLD.

4) The last time I check, 1 a bedder at Echelon Queenstown was selling at around $2500psf and while J Gateway is selling at $1700psf. There is still a $800psf difference. So, what rubbish are you talking about to your colleagues? If you wish to compare old Queentown condo to J Gateway, whey not compare it with old condo in Jurong? Many are still selling below $1000psf, ask your colleague if they are interested.

dog boxes in land scarce CCR I can understand, but dog boxes in Jurong is just inconceivable. I wonder why would a tenant want to compromise with the following:

1) renting smaller than 500sqft when he can rent a unit 2-3 times the size nearby for same amount or slightly higher.

2) Hear the following symphony day in day out in a poorly insulated unit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1gktKRvoGA

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    I cannot help But wonder, which first timer/upgrader would be content living in a less than 500 sq ft house? Or is everyone thinking like yowetan now?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wasn't you the one who justified that J Gateway is worth >$1600 psf because it is an MM and must be compared to MMs else where which are going for >$3000 psf? Then you said first timer or upgrader are not stupid to buy into J Gateway... No? See below in RED...

aiyo old man, I aleady told you liao. This kind of cheap stunt of quote unquote, cut and paste, twist and turn are very unproductive and unhealthy.

better go take you medication and sleep lah.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnwinds
    I cannot help But wonder, which first timer/upgrader would be content living in a less than 500 sq ft house? Or is everyone thinking like yowetan now?
    It depends what is your definition of first timer and upgrader loh.

first timer could be first time buying condo.

upgrader could be someone moving from HDB to condo.

so whats your problem?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

URA plans to create self-sustaining estate for work, live and place but with different focus. Property prices will level up across the country in general. CBD will still be the core financial hub. The question is rental demand of properties in different location. Different location attracts different group of people with different size of pockets. Let us wait till 2015 to see the first impact.
    Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Dont just sit there and be fascinated!
    Grab something that is undervalued now!

With $1,700 benchmark in Jurong, many many locations are now undervalued and will catch up within the next 3-5 years even if Jurong price dont move beyond $1,700!

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    URA plans to create self-sustaining estate for work, live and place but with different focus. Property prices will level up across the country in general. CBD will still be the core financial hub. The question is rental demand of properties in different location. Different location attracts different group of people with different size of pockets. Let us wait till 2015 to see the first impact.
    Any reason need to wait "till 2015 to see the first impact?". oversupply? completion of downtown lines?

Any reason to wait "till 2015 to see the first impact"? oversupply? completion of downtown lines?

Think not so fast. May be need to wait till 2019? May be by then can buy J Gateway at $1400 psf? (Ops, sorry for buyers at $1700 psf to wait for 6 years & pay interest costs just to sell at $1400 psf!)

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton
    Any reason to wait "till 2015 to see the first impact"? oversupply? completion of downtown lines?
    By 2015, westgate mall, big box, hospitals will open. MND, BCA, AVA will be operating out of JEM office tower, while Capitaland office will consolidated and move into Westgate office tower.

there will be at least 10,000 new jobs in JLD by then. (This could potentially cause some negative impact on property elsewhere)

Looks like office & commercial landlords may have good time?
    How many people really want to live in heavy industry neighbourhood?

By 2015, westgate mall, big box, hospitals will open. MND, BCA, AVA will be operating out of JEM office tower, while Capitaland office will consolidated and move into Westgate office tower.

there will be at least 10,000 new jobs in JLD by then. (This could potentially cause some negative impact on property elsewhere)

Saw the big news about JE area being the next orchard road... So drop by at JEM to have a look. But to me disappointment the shopping mall looks distance from Orchard. The design is good. Look high class but don't have big brands....

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    Saw the big news about JE area being the next orchard road... So drop by at JEM to have a look. But to me disappointment the shopping mall looks distance from Orchard. The design is good. Look high class but don't have big brands....
    There are many different type of malls along Orchard Road. For Jem and Westgate, they will be comparable to Centrepoint, Isetan Scotts and Plaza Singapura, no Paragon or Ion.

When JLD is fully developed people living within 10 km from JLD will spend most of their weekend doing shopping and dining at JLD and Lakeside Village instead of Orchard Road.

Quote Originally Posted by RCT
    never go jurong... too far...

Is the JE area comparable to Tampinese?? I ask her want to go JE, she say don't want. Probably just like tampinese.... although a lot of shopping malls the stuff there are not "nice" cheap rentals you get cheap clients...

She say even the Isetan in tampinese is different from the one in Orchard. Looks the same to me though...

seriously, don't you think the traffic in the west is bad enough already???

All these new developments with no improvements in infrastructure...

Ask my tenant once if she is keen to rent condo in jurong. She replied too many China Chinese. Is it true?

China work permit pass holders n ah neh tenants aplenty.
    Ask my tenant once if she is keen to rent condo in jurong. She replied too many China Chinese. Is it true?

Hi...to be fair; everywhere are filled and packed with foreigners.

West side should be developing to alleviate the traffic from the central and east.

North-east side is overdoing now, and have become concrete jungle. I have visited Jewel, I am not impress with the surrounding as I can only feel concrete walls surrounding me.

Anyway, Singapore will be congested anytime anywhere.

Higher class ah nei also look down to low class ah nei.
    Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    China work permit pass holders n ah neh tenants aplenty.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

West side should be developing to alleviate the traffic from the central and east.

North-east side is overdoing now, and have become concrete jungle. I have visited Jewel, I am not impress with the surrounding as I can only feel concrete walls surrounding me.

And the congestion will continue, resulting in higher and higher prices.
    If Jurong is selling at $1,600 psf, I think it won't take very long for Mt Sinai to hit $2,050.

The people profile in Jurong is different from Tampines. Those who know these areas will know which is better...

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    seriously, don't you think the traffic in the west is bad enough already???

All these new developments with no improvements in infrastructure...

Traffic in the west is bad during weekdays because people living in other part of Singapore needs to find job in the west so popian must travel to the west.

With JLD, these people will starts to think about moving to the west to cut down on traveling time.

As far as JLD infrastructure is concern, please get yourself updated before commenting.

never go jurong... too far...

Is the JE area comparable to Tampinese?? I ask her want to go JE, she say don't want. Probably just like tampinese.... although a lot of shopping malls the stuff there are not "nice" cheap rentals you get cheap clients...

She say even the Isetan in tampinese is different from the one in Orchard. Looks the same to me though...
    you are right. Isetan Tampinese is different because it doesnt have Isetan supermarket like Orchard and Jurong Gateway.

Actually for people living in far away places, there is actually dont need to come all the way to JLD because you will be able to find similar stuffs in Orchard.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

yes but the next two major infrastructure investments are the NSE and thomson line. Both of which is going to north.

The next MRT line after that is ERL.

After this two lines are done then the Jurong Region line (2025) and cross Island (2030) will be done. Frankly I think both these two lines lead to nowhere... does not go to marina bay or orchad road...

Compared to the Thomson line which the north is getting which leads directly to Marina Financial center, Orchard, etc....

I think the point about Jurong is if you live there, please stay there and don't come out... I mean all the buildings will be up like in 2015?? you have to wait for like 10 years for JRL to be up which goes nowhere other than jurong duh....

tampines Isetan is like budget isetan....not much things to shop n see.

and its true Jurong East seems to have a higher population of PRCs and Malaysian Chinese walking around. just obvious the evening peak hrs traffic lor. I guess they work in tuas factories.

Same as traffic in orchard and tanjong pagar during peak hrs.

yes but the next two major infrastructure investments are the NSE and thomson line. Both of which is going to north.

The next MRT line after that is ERL.

After this two lines are done then the Jurong Region line (2025) and cross Island (2030) will be done. Frankly I think both these two lines lead to nowhere... does not go to marina bay or orchad road...

Compared to the Thomson line which the north is getting which leads directly to Marina Financial center, Orchard, etc....

I think the point about Jurong is if you live there, please stay there and don't come out... I mean all the buildings will be up like in 2015?? you have to wait for like 10 years for JRL to be up which goes nowhere other than jurong duh....
    you have got it all wrong.

The purpose of JRL and CRL line is not to bring people living in the West closer to City or Marina Bay, but to bring people from all over Singapore closer to Singapore 2nd largest commercial hub.

When JLD is fully developed, it will be a commercial hub offering more jobs than housing so the government will need to have more MRT line connecting to JLD.

2025 is about the time when JLD is almost fully develop. So JLD will have another 15 to 20 years of solid growth to come.

Basement 2 - Isetan Japanese Supermarket and Food Hall
    Isetan's supermarket will be its first outside Orchard Road and will offer shoppers a different and unique supermarket experience. It will also operate a department store, bringing Japanese fashion to Westgate.

Mr Lim Tien Chun, Managing Director, Isetan (Singapore), said, "Isetan Singapore is looking forward to the opening of our store at Westgate - our sixth in Singapore. It will be our first store in the west of Singapore and also our first Japanese-style supermarket outside Orchard Road. The store will reflect Isetan's vision of Value and Quality and our customers can expect Excitement and Originality when they shop at Isetan Jurong East."

They also have kinokuniya.... One of the big reasons I go Orchard Road.

I also go city area for

1) Nanbantei yakitori
    2) Funan center/Simlim square for gadgets/computer
    3) City Hall Area for my Feed at Raffles resturants
    4) Arcade, Lucky plaza to change money
    5) My favourite bread shops, Sun molin (shaw center) and kaiyser Maison at Hyatt and Ion.
    6) My wife's facial shop at Adelphi
    7) Tony Roma's for Ribs
    8) Hotel's buffet when they have 1 for 1 promo...
    9) Takashimaya for general shopping....
    10) park mall for furniture
    11) Stereo for headphones...
    12) Sony/Samsung service centers at Marina and Wisma.

If I live in Jurong how to survive???? maybe other people have different needs.... To me, going to city area during weekends is a regular part of my life. I have friends who very seldom go city and are quite happy.

To me, it is good if you have shopping nearby but a good connection to the city area is mandatory...

Also unless you are forever going to work in Jurong, what happens when a good opportunity comes from Changi business park??

I live in North Area at AMK. I used to work in kallang, now in Changi business park. My wife used to work in woodlands and her next job will be at buona vista. To us, Changi, Buona vista, city, woodlands are all equally accessible and within 30-40 mins by public transport or 20mins by car.

To me that is the most important thing about actually choosing where to stay. Of course, if you are renting out to people working in Jurong then ok. But for own stay, I would really want to be able to access every part of singapore easily.

Also unless you are forever going to work in Jurong, what happens when a good opportunity comes from Changi business park??

I live in North Area at AMK. I used to work in kallang, now in Changi business park. My wife used to work in woodlands and her next job will be at buona vista. To us, Changi, Buona vista, city, woodlands are all equally accessible and within 30-40 mins by public transport or 20mins by car.

To me that is the most important thing about actually choosing where to stay. Of course, if you are renting out to people working in Jurong then ok. But for own stay, I would really want to be able to access every part of singapore easily.

In summary, Jurong is not the first choice for most people if they can afford to stay in Queenstown or Redhill or even Clementi la !!

Once Jurong people can afford, they upgrade to Clementi. Because the people profile is slightly better.

Even better upgrade to Queenstown...

Jurong is still Jurong.

DKSG

Centrally located at Jurong Lake District, Westgate Tower is well connected to the PIE and AYE and is a 20-min drive away from the CBD.