Page 9 of 228 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924293439 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    At this moment, The sail mm transact at 2kpsf. Jurong mm transact at 1650psf..
    About 250psf difference only.
    Good luck to those who are willing to buy over jurong mm at 2kpsf in near future. (Still not sure got such pple or not) anyway, I wish them well.
    Bro, if I were u, I don't even bother to explain to them so much. Enough said.
    For the record

The Sail 3499psf
    Marina Bay Residence 4368psf
    Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

All LH99
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    For the record

The Sail 3499psf
    Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

All LH99
    Okok ... the above is becoming real lame - how come u assume people dont have access to URA website to know that recent 6 months transactions shows that a studio in The Sail is done at abt $2,0xx psd ?

It is true that if someone pays $1,800 for a 1x floor Jurong condo, he is only paying $2xx psf less than The Sail @ Marina Bay !!! For those buyers who knows this but still insist on buying Jurong, then I have nothing to say.... But if these buyers NOW then know that The Sail studio is going for $2,0xx psf ... well ... nothing Office Boy can say ...

But in conclusion, the below numbers :

The Sail 3499psf
    Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

For the record

The Sail 3499psf
    Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

All LH99
    Project Name
    Street Name
    Type
    Postal
    District
    Market
    Segment
    Tenure
    No. of
    Units
    Price
    ($ '000)
    Area
    (Sqft)1

Type of
    Area2

Floor Level
    Unit Price
    ($psf)3

Date of Option
    Exercised / Sales
    Agreement Signed
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,340,000 667 Strata 01 to 05 2,008 Jun-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,650,000 861 Strata 11 to 15 1,916 May-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,000,000 689 Strata 36 to 40 2,903 Apr-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,100,000 1,647 Strata 16 to 20 2,490 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,056,000 1,647 Strata 06 to 10 2,463 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,350,000 657 Strata 11 to 15 2,056 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,380,000 667 Strata 31 to 35 2,068 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 12,500,000 6,297 Strata 66 to 70 1,985 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 5,680,000 2,282 Strata 36 to 40 2,489 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,700,000 1,184 Strata 11 to 15 2,280 Jan-13

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Okok ... the above is becoming real lame - how come u assume people dont have access to URA website to know that recent 6 months transactions shows that a studio in The Sail is done at abt $2,0xx psd ?

It is true that if someone pays $1,800 for a 1x floor Jurong condo, he is only paying $2xx psf less than The Sail @ Marina Bay !!! For those buyers who knows this but still insist on buying Jurong, then I have nothing to say.... But if these buyers NOW then know that The Sail studio is going for $2,0xx psf ... well ... nothing Office Boy can say ...

The Sail 3499psf
    Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

If you choose to cherry pick the highest record price of J Gateway for comparison, then wont it make sense that we use to highest record price of respective projects for comparison.

Furthermore, why do you always insist of using old project in CCR to compare with newly launch J Gateway? Why dont you use Caspian or Lakeshore for comparison instead?

Massaging numbers sugar coating?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I can see that some forumers are calling ppl fool investing in JLD or west region, and even discriminating against them of being lower class staying in Jurong...this is a no no comment. You can keep it and with such comment only make yourselves even lower class than what you think you are. Where u stay don't make up what u are, this is a simple statement which I don't think need any explanation. What u think and say will make up how we look at u. Even if u stay in orchard road or wherever, ppl will not give a damn. Sorry for being rude....
    It is all about who you want your neighbours to be right?

To you it may not be important but to others it is important.

I feel that JLD is good for people who work there and there are a LOT of people who work there. So the rental prospect is probably good. There are a LOT of facilities coming up in the area which was not found anywhere else other than the city like, kinokuniya, paul breadstore, Isetan supermarket, etc.

But it is not so good for own stay as it is very inaccessible to other areas of singapore. If you stay there, are you going to work there for the rest of your life?

I just feel that the people living in JLD will have a high proportion of rental people...

What are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Project Name
    Street Name
    Type
    Postal
    District
    Market
    Segment
    Tenure
    No. of
    Units
    Price
    ($ '000)
    Area
    (Sqft)1

Type of
    Area2

Floor Level
    Unit Price
    ($psf)3

Date of Option
    Exercised / Sales
    Agreement Signed
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,340,000 667 Strata 01 to 05 2,008 Jun-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,650,000 861 Strata 11 to 15 1,916 May-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,000,000 689 Strata 36 to 40 2,903 Apr-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,100,000 1,647 Strata 16 to 20 2,490 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 4,056,000 1,647 Strata 06 to 10 2,463 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,350,000 657 Strata 11 to 15 2,056 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 1,380,000 667 Strata 31 to 35 2,068 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 12,500,000 6,297 Strata 66 to 70 1,985 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 5,680,000 2,282 Strata 36 to 40 2,489 Jan-13
    THE SAIL @ MARINA BAY MARINA BOULEVARD Apartment 01 CCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2002 1 2,700,000 1,184 Strata 11 to 15 2,280 Jan-13

in Ringo33's mind, he can only hope for CCR properties to chiong higher so he can see some capital gain for his 474sqft j gateway unit upon TOP. If CCR remains the same or drop in months to come, what makes him think that J gateway will still go up when everything else goes south? most importantly, there is no reference point for jurong properties to reach that level of pricing (beyond $2000psf) and these j gateway buyers have already paid past resistance levels for the area and they are alone in this. Having nothing else to fall back on, they can do nothing more than shouting JLD day in and day out in this forum in the hope that they can sell higher than what they paid in future.

The Sail 3499psf
    Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG

I just feel that the people living in JLD will have a high proportion of rental people...
    Please dont speculate, go check out onemap population query to find the out answer.

Please dont speculate, go check out onemap population query to find the out answer.
    errr... you bluff me... onemap does not show rental vs own stay....

When you say JLD is inaccessible to other areas of Singapore, which areas are you referring to? Do you mean the Orchard Road and Marina Bay areas? Isn't distance relative? If I look at the map of Singapore, areas like Sembawang, Woodlands, Tampines, Pasir Ris, Ponggol, Sengkang, Yishun, Seletar will also be inaccessible to the ''OTHER AREAS OF SINGAPORE" So where should ordinary Singaporeans stay? In Orchard, Holland and Marina Bay?

These kind of statements are really

I feel that JLD is good for people who work there and there are a LOT of people who work there. So the rental prospect is probably good. There are a LOT of facilities coming up in the area which was not found anywhere else other than the city like, kinokuniya, paul breadstore, Isetan supermarket, etc.

But it is not so good for own stay as it is very inaccessible to other areas of singapore. If you stay there, are you going to work there for the rest of your life?

errr... you bluff me... onemap does not show rental vs own stay....
    instead of accuse me of bluffing, why dont you eat some humble pie and ask me to show you instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wait Long Long
    When you say JLD is inaccessible to other areas of Singapore, which areas are you referring to? Do you mean the Orchard Road and Marina Bay areas? Isn't distance relative? If I look at the map of Singapore, areas like Sembawang, Woodlands, Tampines, Pasir Ris, Ponggol, Sengkang, Yishun, Seletar will also be inaccessible to the ''OTHER AREAS OF SINGAPORE" So where should ordinary Singaporeans stay? In Orchard, Holland and Marina Bay?

These kind of statements are really
    err.... accessibility is not about distance.... it is about time...

If everything is as simple as you think... sigh...

You just look at how bad the traffic leading into and out of the west is NOW. Think about how much worse it will be 3 years from now...

The Sail 3499psf
    Marina Bay Suite 3409psf

are completely lame!

DKSG
    Hehe, relax bro, hard truth is always difficult for someone to swallow who possibly just realised if he needs to pay another 2xx psf on top of his jurong mm, he would hv gotten a mm unit at marina.
    That's why I don't even bother to bicker with him. Ciao guys

instead of accuse me of bluffing, why dont you eat some humble pie and ask me to show you instead.
    Oh, I realise what happen, I set the date to 2012 (to see relevant data) so I did not see the tenancy option.

Anyway the data for tenancy is only available for 2000... thirteen years ago...

I mean thirteen years ago Jurong is like... err... Jurong

err.... accessibility is not about distance.... it is about time...

If everything is as simple as you think... sigh...

You just look at how bad the traffic leading into and out of the west is NOW. Think about how much worse it will be 3 years from now...
    Please dont try to make something out of nothing.

The most congested road in the morning is CTE and ECP leading in and out of the city, thats they they have ERP gantry in those area.

Hehe, relax bro, hard truth is always difficult for someone to swallow who possibly just realised if he needs to pay another 2xx psf on top of his jurong mm, he would hv gotten a mm unit at marina.
    that hard truth is that there was one unit at the sail transacted at 2900psf recently and the record price for the sail was around 3400psf, But you have selectively pick a 2000psf transaction to argue that J Gateway record price of $1700psf is only 300psf cheaper than the sail.

That my friend is the HARD TRUTH.

Oh, I realise what happen, I set the date to 2012 (to see relevant data) so I did not see the tenancy option.

Anyway the data for tenancy is only available for 2000... thirteen years ago...

I mean thirteen years ago Jurong is like... err... Jurong
    again, why do you always like to think you are so smart and others are dumb?

that hard truth is that there was one unit at the sail transacted at 2900psf recently and the record price for the sail was around 3400psf, But you have selectively pick a 2000psf transaction to argue that J Gateway record price of $1700psf is only 300psf cheaper than the sail.

That my friend is the HARD TRUTH.
    Was comparing mm the sail vs mm jurong, which I think v fair and relevant.
    It was a transaction done in June, quite recent also.
    I am trying to advocate what u always said here: "facts and figures please"
    Yes, when presented with facts and figures, if u still choose to live in denial, u have a choice and I got nothing to say. U r entitled to your opinion.
    Trust me, this is my last post to u. Talk is cheap. No point bickering.

Was comparing mm the sail vs mm jurong, which I think v fair and relevant.
    It was a transaction done in June, quite recent also.
    I am trying to advocate what u always said here: "facts and figures please"
    Yes, when presented with facts and figures, if u still choose to live in denial, u have a choice and I got nothing to say. U r entitled to your opinion.
    Trust me, this is my last post to u. Talk is cheap. No point bickering.

1) The Sail doesnt have MM, so get this fact into your system first

2) The Sail is a TOP project since 2008, you are comparing that to a NEW LAUNCH

3) You are using the highest transacted price of J Gateway to compare with a low floor unit at the sail. Why didnt you use the 2900psf transaction for comparison?

So Mister, what do you mean by fair and relevant? To you and you only perhaps?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Jurong are only for transient people because stay too long most got lung cancer due to the heavily polluted air and very high dose of PM2.5 which is not visible by the way and quite smellness...

I'm going to break my rules replying u one more post since u r so insistent in your argument.
    For the past 6 months, most mm units in the sail hovers ard 2kpsf. These units can even be at high floor 31-35 floor. It is not unique to just one transaction only . So pls open your eye big big and see before u argue for the sake of arguing.
    If you r so confident in your Jurong mm investment, U would not be so gan jiong to set up a thread like this. Enough said.
    Ciao.

I'm going to break my rules replying u one more post since u r so insistent in your argument.
    For the past 6 months, most mm units in the sail hovers ard 2kpsf. These units can even be at high floor 31-35 floor. It is not unique to just one transaction only . So pls open your eye big big and see before u argue for the sake of arguing.
    If you r so confident in your Jurong mm investment, U would not be so gan jiong to set up a thread like this. Enough said.
    Ciao.

if you want to talk about the sail, talk about facing. thats more important than floor.

did you ask if ALL units at J gateway was selling at $1700psf or was it just selective few on the higher floor with good facing?

Then again, if good facing higher floor at the sail can command for 2900psf and above, then why didnt you bring that up for comparison?

Better go do some homework first before comment lah.

Yea. I decided to let people stay in their own Jurong $1,700 psf world lo!

New or old whatever is not too important, the important thing is if you have $1.x mil, will u choose to buy brand new haven TOP project in Jurong for $1,700 or a unit in The Sail for $2,0xx psf ?! I think this is a no brainer.

I just want to make sure that there are no innocent readers here who think that the $1,700 psf Jurong is more worthy than the $2,0xx psf The Sail!

DKSG

if you want to talk about the sail, talk about facing. thats more important than floor.

did you ask if ALL units at J gateway was selling at $1700psf or was it just selective few on the higher floor with good facing?

Then again, if good facing higher floor at the sail can command for 2900psf and above, then why didnt you bring that up for comparison?

Better go do some homework first before comment lah.
    Even if the lousy facing of The Sail is worth more at $2,0xx psf than the best facing Jurong condo. Dont you agree ?

Well, I dont think you will agree la!

Just want to other readers to be mindful of the warped arguments here.

$2,0xx psf The Sail (whatever facing, or even many years older than new Jurong PC) is Confirm. Chop. Sign. worth MUCH MORE MORE than a new Jurong haven take keys condo.

You can put a thread to let people vote and see.

DKSG

Hahahaha, I got to re-evaluate your IQ again and make sure im not talking to an 'idiot' as what ur signature suggest.
    What sort of facing/views are you talking about in jurong? compared with the sail?
    Hahahaha. You make my day.

Hahahaha, I got to re-evaluate your IQ again and make sure im not talking to an 'idiot' as what ur signature suggest.
    What sort of facing/views are you talking about in jurong? compared with the sail?
    Hahahaha. You make my day.
    OMG! You are damn right man!

Are we one of those who are discussing with a single digit IQ person ?!

Alamak! Tell me when you re-evaluated, I dont want to lower my IQ too!

DKSG

xebay11 is offline New Launch Project Specialist

Even if the lousy facing of The Sail is worth more at $2,0xx psf than the best facing Jurong condo. Dont you agree ?

Well, I dont think you will agree la!

Just want to other readers to be mindful of the warped arguments here.

$2,0xx psf The Sail (whatever facing, or even many years older than new Jurong PC) is Confirm. Chop. Sign. worth MUCH MORE MORE than a new Jurong haven take keys condo.

You can put a thread to let people vote and see.

DKSG
    Bro that is the beauty of property investment, always buy worth much less when you bought it and watch it appreciate later. Many cases of loss cause investment multiplying many times later, on fact the sail was one of them, originally launched at about $900 psf and for 99 year leasehold, everyone was laughing then, now everyone is singing high praises.

No need to vote here, the fact that J Gateway was oversold is good enough results. Property investment is never about hindsight but foresight.

Project Name
    Street Name
    Type
    Postal
    District
    Market
    Segment
    Tenure
    No. of
    Units
    Price
    ($ '000)
    Area
    (Sqft)1

Type of
    Area2

Floor Level
    Unit Price
    ($psf)3

Date of Option
    Exercised / Sales
    Agreement Signed
    Guys guys look at the quantum, an entry level investor is ill afford to buy a >1.3million property la, an MM at J-gateway cost very very much less than 1million loh... 700k to 800k?..

If the investor has unlimited budget, why would he even buy the Sail at 2000psf? He would be better of to bid for land at $1000psf and build his own condo at only $1500psf?

It is all about at which level the investor is at...

Default CDL Commonwealth plot

Actually u r right, Jgateway is just a 7-800k bet. This area has sufficient 3k rental demand, so it's not likely to lose money lah. Not an atas area but the target tenants are not atas ppl either, so ok what. You can make money in every segment.

While you guys are at it, how about the upcoming CDL Commonwealth project ? Next to Queenstown MRT, no mall, expected psf is also 1700 , both brand new, but no mega plans in queenstown though.
    ... And queenstown , just like bishan, has the highest HDB prices.

u can see if it is sold out in 1 day or not...that will show its popularity and demand...
    Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Actually u r right, Jgateway is just a 7-800k bet. This area has sufficient 3k rental demand, so it's not likely to lose money lah. Not an atas area but the target tenants are not atas ppl either, so ok what. You can make money in every segment.

While you guys are at it, how about the upcoming CDL Commonwealth project ? Next to Queenstown MRT, no mall, expected psf is also 1700 , both brand new, but no mega plans in queenstown though.
    ... And queenstown , just like bishan, has the highest HDB prices.