Page 16 of 228 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

Quote Originally Posted by EBD
    I think he's allowed to blow it where ever he want's.

Who died and made you god of this forum mr 2012?
    Focus of our discussion about property 101 please.

Best Street vs Worst Street.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Focus of our discussion about property 101 please.

Best Street vs Worst Street.
    I see, only you are allowed to make snappy one liners issit?

I think he's allowed to blow it where ever he want's.

Who died and made you god of this forum mr 2012?

1) The date of your forum registration does not carry any weight on what you said, so please dont even try to impress anyone with that.

2) I am fully aware of your uncomfortable position because of what you said about Property 101 Best Street vs Worst Street, so it is understandable that you would like to talk about trumpet instead of property

3) During good time, dead fish also swim down stream, so please dont try to impress anyone why tell us that 4 years ago you said this and that.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

I see, only you are allowed to make snappy one liners issit?
    Please dont waste my time leh.

Do you have answer to my questions? Yes or No?

property 101

"The important saying in real estate of "buying the worst house on the best street" rather than 'best house on worst street' because you cant change a property’s location which is considered more important that the physical characteristics of the property, is an old one."

If I can buy on the best street for the same money as the worst street - why wouldn't I?

But after looking through at the whole of Ringos posts - quantum is a factor.

The sail units are a bit bigger than JG. So I think bottom line is he can't afford sail unit but can afford JG unit.

So then it becomes cannot afford the worst house on the best street - and nothing wrong with that - we're not all multi millionaires.

I just think those prices at Jurong have factored in a lot of JLD story and growth already.

I'm not a great fan of Jurong (there are some strange smells in the air at times that's not going to go away with any of the development on offer - it requires demolition of those industries creating the smell ).

I stayed near the caspian site for a couple of years while waiting for to pick up cheap cheap downtown after financial crisis - but if you do believe the JLD story so much, shouldn't you have been buying caspian at 600psf rather than JG a few years later at 1700?

BTW - did he say if he actually bought JG?

So Mr. EBD, according to your Property 101 (as stated above) you are recommending that one should always buy property on the best street.

1) So which are the so call best and worst street you talking about?

2) As we all know that Singapore has turn from a fishing village some 50 years ago into a 1st world country. Which mean, many bad dirty sleazy haunted and non existent streets have turn into gold mine because of government aggressive urban redevelopment.

So my question to you is why do you think that the same government which have successfully created many "best street" is unable to recreate their magic on JLD?

3) Could you perhaps also show us how well the "best streets" and the no-so-good or worst streets have perform over the last 10 years

and you are still dodging alllllll the questions.
    Did you buy JG? Have you bought anything at all? Didn't think so....
    Aiyo, this question I have asked a long time ago. Actually, you don't have to guess whether or not he has bought. Cause you can tell me someone defends fiercely with vested interest.
    Ride or Die

He must from developer side. Promoting jg and next jld project. Maybe his comission from the replies he made.

Again i wish to highlight something which I have already said many time in this forum, please dont come to social forum to brag about how rich and mighty you are, or how many apartments you own etc, this is not a platform for doing so and it will gain you no credit in the real world.

So please stop asking question is I own this or not. Its really none of your business and it is not going to make your Property 101 theory sound more credible anyway.

So Mr. EBD, according to your Property 101 (as stated below) you are recommending that one should always buy property on the best street.

1) So which are the so call best and worst street you talking about?

2) As we all know that Singapore has turn from a fishing village some 50 years ago into a 1st world country. Which mean, many bad dirty sleazy haunted and non existent streets have turn into gold mine because of government aggressive urban redevelopment.

So my question to you is why do you think that the same government which have successfully created many "best street" is unable to recreate their magic on JLD?

3) Could you perhaps also show us how well the "best streets" and the no-so-good or worst streets have perform over the last 10 years

If you talk the talk with some much confidence, I am absolutely sure you would walk the walk too.

You are talking so much rubbish here I don't know where to start.

No 1 - why do you think this is a social forum? Take a look at the forum name.
    It's about investment in property, in Singapore. If you want to go sing happy sing-song go to EDMW forum of something like that. Here is for property talk & investment.

Plenty of us have made substantial investments. We have skin in the game and to listen to someone with none & no experience - whilst of course doesn't make your points automatically invalid, it does show you don't put your money where you mouth is. Either can't or won't. Very evasive.

You also don't get to dictate what people can or cannot talk about.
    Or define what gets credit in the real world - although if you think anyones walking away from a debate here and think their peers are going to look up to them for putting up anonymous post on an anonymous internet forum..... how dumb do you think everyone is?

Sorry to disappoint - but I'm sure you are going to find people have different opinions and style form your own. Time to get over it & stop thinking everyone's going to behave exactly the way you want them to.
    Not your personal forum buddy.

1) you need to re-read what best street , worst house means. I really can't help you. It's not a literal location - it's a metaphor that applies to investing in property & applies differently to different people and what they can/cannot afford. For me best street would be RV area - I'm not shy to admit I can't afford Ardmore Park without doing the whole all eggs one basket trick (pls tell me you at least understand this metaphor, if not at least pls google before asking me to give you a personalised explaination)

I can only ask you to read - I can't make you think.

Also please google "best house , worst street" - I didn't forge this doctrine.
    A prime example of this would be Pacific mansion vs JG on launch.
    Only problem there now is that the enbloc premium has been shoved in the price. So Pacific mansion in 2005 would have been a fantastic buy.
    Great location, filled with hookers, good yield, if I didn't have kids I would have bought it in a minute - massive potential upside. Why?

JG 2013 - all upside just about baked in. Hard to move compared to surrounding property. Why?

2) the fishing village myth. Are you sure that is all that Singapore was 50 yrs ago? I have a big fat book on my coffee table showing raffles place in the early 20th century looking anything like a fishing village. You think raffles place was a swamp before all those shiney skyscrapers appeared?

3) Walk has been walked - homestead is nice 1600 sq ft 4bdr freehold in RV. Next door development is brand new and charges people a 30% premium for the privilege - what does it have extra? Can't be the location.

Again - after rereading your post - you clearly have no idea what the metaphor means so until you read other property sites that can explain it simply for you, there's absolutely no point continuing this.

Listen it's been real. I hope you get your 100% gain on the property you haven't bought (not sure how that's going to work) but I hope it all works out for you. You have obviously found a way to riches.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...8&postcount=10

Why is it so difficult for everyone to agree that a $2,0xx psf The Sail is a much better buy than a $1,7xx psf Jurong ?

Is it really that difficult, need so much debate ?

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Why is it so difficult for everyone to agree that a $2,0xx psf The Sail is a much better buy than a $1,7xx psf Jurong ?

Is it really that difficult, need so much debate ?

DKSG
    Hi
    just different mindset

I readily agree with you that for investment wise The Sail would be a better deal than J Gateway but speaking just for myself as being a Juronger all my life, would still prefer the West and will not want to miss all the buzz now that our Government has decided to transform The West

Quote Originally Posted by Simi
    Hi
    just different mindset

I readily agree with you that for investment wise The Sail would be a better deal than J Gateway but speaking just for myself as being a Juronger all my life, would still prefer the West and will not want to miss all the buzz now that our Government has decided to transform The West
    You mean if you can buy a $1.5 mil studio PC for investment, you will choose to buy Jurong @ $1,700 psf instead of The Sail @$2,0xx psf ?

If so, please tell us. I am sure we keen to know the real reasons, not some talking up the market stuff.

DKSG

You mean if you can buy a $1.5 mil studio PC for investment, you will choose to buy Jurong @ $1,700 psf instead of The Sail @$2,0xx psf ?

If so, please tell us. I am sure we keen to know the real reasons, not some talking up the market stuff.

DKSG
    Have never talk up or down any property in this forum
    and most of my postings were just my own view and opinion

Reason like I had posted...."mindset"
    been so used to and comfortable in the West

Read a story once about a lady who rather be in a BMW crying then to be on a bicycle smiling and laughing away

Maybe I prefer to be that lady....to be happy

Bro, as I have said, I'm not vested in Jgateway but really interested in the 2,0xx psf that you talk about...are u comparing 1 bedder to 1 bedder. Can share? I will buy this 2,0xx psf let me know so that I can also go for viewing...

DKSG

Have never talk up or down any property in this forum
    and most of my postings were just my own view and opinion

Reason like I had posted...."mindset"
    been so used to and comfortable in the West

Read a story once about a lady who rather be in a BMW crying then to be on a bicycle smiling and laughing away

Maybe I prefer to be that lady....to be happy
    I totally agree with the mindset.

We all certainly hope that the 700+++ buyers are all mindset buyers, not those looking for a better investment than The Sail or even Echelon or Ascentia Sky. That they love Jurong so much that they must invest in Jurong.

Most women would be smiling in the BMW if they ignore the person who bought the BMW for them. Haha!

DKSG

How BIG is our Singapore anyway??? JLD good J Gateway good singapore good. We are all in the same shit only the depths vary

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Bro, as I have said, I'm not vested in Jgateway but really interested in the 2,0xx psf that you talk about...are u comparing 1 bedder to 1 bedder. Can share? I will buy this 2,0xx psf let me know so that I can also go for viewing...
    Big Brother!

Dont say Office Boy suan you hor... Go Property Guru and find la! If you look hard enough, there are units at The Sail 6xx sqft, going for $2,0xx psf ... those quote $2,1xx ones can nego to $2,0xx ... but dont say Office Boy teach you one ok ?

Happy Buying !

Be the first in this forum to choose The Sail @ $2,0xx psf OVER Jurong at $1,700 psf ... and we wait 4 years, see which PC make more!

DKSG
    PS : Office Boy not agent, cannot recommend specific properties, else later police catch!

Bro boy, For your info, I call some of them recently, they either told me the unit no longer available, or just want to get my contact and recommend me else where....u know their tricks right, don't u. That's why I ask u since u know then save my trouble to call each one. By the way, I am really looking at 1 bedder
    Big Brother!

Dont say Office Boy suan you hor... Go Property Guru and find la! If you look hard enough, there are units at The Sail 6xx sqft, going for $2,0xx psf ... those quote $2,1xx ones can nego to $2,0xx ... but dont say Office Boy teach you one ok ?

Happy Buying !

Be the first in this forum to choose The Sail @ $2,0xx psf OVER Jurong at $1,700 psf ... and we wait 4 years, see which PC make more!

DKSG
    PS : Office Boy not agent, cannot recommend specific properties, else later police catch!

The biggest problem with you is you enjoy sidetracking from the main issue. After rattling for more than a hundred pages, nobody has heard about how u justify ur 474sqft $800k purchase as being a good value investment apart from JLD this and that. JLD or not, we want to know what ur projected selling price is when j gateway TOP n not hear about JLD having this hotel n that theme park blar blar blar. If u so confident about ur investment , why r u so scared to tell us how much u wish to make after four years of waiting? If u r clueless about how much ur unit can sell four years later n solely looking at rental yield, then it makes little sense to wait four years just to collect rent.

1) The date of your forum registration does not carry any weight on what you said, so please dont even try to impress anyone with that.

2) I am fully aware of your uncomfortable position because of what you said about Property 101 Best Street vs Worst Street, so it is understandable that you would like to talk about trumpet instead of property

3) During good time, dead fish also swim down stream, so please dont try to impress anyone why tell us that 4 years ago you said this and that.

For own stay? Whole family can't fit into 4xx sqft MM right & yet $1700 psf?
    Why not Lakeholmz nearby, $9xx psf only!

Hi
    just different mindset

You are talking so much rubbish here I don't know where to start.

No 1 - why do you think this is a social forum? Take a look at the forum name.
    It's about investment in property, in Singapore. If you want to go sing happy sing-song go to EDMW forum of something like that. Here is for property talk & investment.

Plenty of us have made substantial investments. We have skin in the game and to listen to someone with none & no experience - whilst of course doesn't make your points automatically invalid, it does show you don't put your money where you mouth is. Either can't or won't. Very evasive.

You also don't get to dictate what people can or cannot talk about.
    Or define what gets credit in the real world - although if you think anyones walking away from a debate here and think their peers are going to look up to them for putting up anonymous post on an anonymous internet forum..... how dumb do you think everyone is?

Sorry to disappoint - but I'm sure you are going to find people have different opinions and style form your own. Time to get over it & stop thinking everyone's going to behave exactly the way you want them to.
    Not your personal forum buddy.

1) you need to re-read what best street , worst house means. I really can't help you. It's not a literal location - it's a metaphor that applies to investing in property & applies differently to different people and what they can/cannot afford. For me best street would be RV area - I'm not shy to admit I can't afford Ardmore Park without doing the whole all eggs one basket trick (pls tell me you at least understand this metaphor, if not at least pls google before asking me to give you a personalised explaination)

I can only ask you to read - I can't make you think.

Also please google "best house , worst street" - I didn't forge this doctrine.
    A prime example of this would be Pacific mansion vs JG on launch.
    Only problem there now is that the enbloc premium has been shoved in the price. So Pacific mansion in 2005 would have been a fantastic buy.
    Great location, filled with hookers, good yield, if I didn't have kids I would have bought it in a minute - massive potential upside. Why?

JG 2013 - all upside just about baked in. Hard to move compared to surrounding property. Why?

2) the fishing village myth. Are you sure that is all that Singapore was 50 yrs ago? I have a big fat book on my coffee table showing raffles place in the early 20th century looking anything like a fishing village. You think raffles place was a swamp before all those shiney skyscrapers appeared?

3) Walk has been walked - homestead is nice 1600 sq ft 4bdr freehold in RV. Next door development is brand new and charges people a 30% premium for the privilege - what does it have extra? Can't be the location.

Again - after rereading your post - you clearly have no idea what the metaphor means so until you read other property sites that can explain it simply for you, there's absolutely no point continuing this.

Listen it's been real. I hope you get your 100% gain on the property you haven't bought (not sure how that's going to work) but I hope it all works out for you. You have obviously found a way to riches.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    " never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...8&postcount=10

1) I am glad that you are reminding us that this is a forum about investing in property, which mean we should be focusing on property investment discussion instead of going around asking if you own J Gateway or if you could afford anything? Or even to the extent of discussion who is more senior in this forum.

2) Now you are saying you cant explain what is Best and Worst Street and giving excuses like it is a common knowledge that everyone talk about?
    Sorry leh, I am have been in this forum for about a year, I have never heard about people talking about Best and Worst Street in Singapore.

Could you give some example of what is consider as the best and worst street, and how each compare to each other in terms of capital appreciation and rental yield (this is property investment discussion, refer to point (1))

3) So best street is River Valley, which mean buying even the lousiest house or apartment at RV is better than buying the best house in the worst street.

So lets take Waterford Residence for example, its located in River Valley area, and compare it with say The Centris in the far flang of Jurong. So make it easier for reader to see, I have created 2 charts here, so by look at the price moving for each chart, do you want to guess which chart belongs to the Best Street and which belongs to the Worst Street?

4) And now, please take a good look at these photos which were taken in the 60s and 70s, so please tell us if these photo looks like they are best or worst street?

Dont let the misguided tell you that The Sail is only $200psf more expensive than J Gateway.

One accurate measurement is worth more than 1,000 foolish opinion

* Over the last 12 months, there were 22 units of 1 bedder at the sail transacted with the average size of 644sqft and this is about 30% larger than 1 bedder unit at J Gateway.

* The average psf for the sail 1 bedder units over the 12 months is $2200psf, with the highest at $2903psf, and lowest at $1900psf.

As you can see within the same development there is already a price disparity of $1000psf and this only reaffirm what I say about the importance of Marina Bay view.

* Average quantum for a 1 bedder unit at The Sail is $1.415m, which is around 75% more expensive than J Gateway average price for 1 bedder.

* In terms of rental, the average rent for 1 bedder unit at the sail over the last 12 months is around $4300 per month with highest going at $6000 per month and lowest at $3600 per month. (If you buy cheapest unit, this is the kind of rental you will get)

* So based on $4.3k average rental at $1.415m average 1 bedder quantum, the rental yield for the sail 1 bedder will be around 3.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    The biggest problem with you is you enjoy sidetracking from the main issue. After rattling for more than a hundred pages, nobody has heard about how u justify ur 474sqft $800k purchase as being a good value investment apart from JLD this and that. JLD or not, we want to know what ur projected selling price is when j gateway TOP n not hear about JLD having this hotel n that theme park blar blar blar. If u so confident about ur investment , why r u so scared to tell us how much u wish to make after four years of waiting? If u r clueless about how much ur unit can sell four years later n solely looking at rental yield, then it makes little sense to wait four years just to collect rent.
    I dont think there is a need to force this answer out.

Office Boy can count for you.

When buying for property investment, most investors use a hurdle of no less than 35% gross. So when someone is putting his money on the table for a PC at $800K, the person is looking at no less than $1.08 mil and that is the minimum ok ? I seldom come across people aiming for this minimum, mostly higher.

So in conclusion, Jurong buyers at $800K 474sqft $1,688 (huat!) psf, are looking at $1.08 mil, $2,278 (also Huat!) psf.

Whether that is reasonable or not, I think we leave it to the public to decide.

DKSG

If he was confident, he would hv said so. I think he is clueless when he signed on the dotted line, just hoping that the 700+ can make his decision right.
    I dont think there is a need to force this answer out.

Office Boy can count for you.

When buying for property investment, most investors use a hurdle of no less than 35% gross. So when someone is putting his money on the table for a PC at $800K, the person is looking at no less than $1.08 mil and that is the minimum ok ? I seldom come across people aiming for this minimum, mostly higher.

So in conclusion, Jurong buyers at $800K 474sqft $1,688 (huat!) psf, are looking at $1.08 mil, $2,278 (also Huat!) psf.

Whether that is reasonable or not, I think we leave it to the public to decide.

DKSG

If you could justify buying Waterford Residence and MK88 as good investment, then there is really no need to justify anything, so why are you wasting our time with your repetitive nonsense?

Oh I didnt say Caspian buyer should buy at launch price?
    Oh I just cast a vote for myself for being smart

If he was confident, he would hv said so. I think he is clueless when he signed on the dotted line, just hoping that the 700+ can make his decision right.
    OMG! The more we discuss, the more Office Boy feel compelled to buy a unit at The Sail at $2,0xx psf!!!
    DKSG

Don't be silly la, who can be so sure what will happen in 4 yrs time...

No need to think bro, I already said, tell me your 20xx psf and I will go view and ok, will buy...

No doubt, if I get this price, I will have more confident...

OMG! The more we discuss, the more Office Boy feel compelled to buy a unit at The Sail at $2,0xx psf!!!
    DKSG

DKSG
    Talking is free actually, you should consider it.

Actually what does buying The Sail has got anything to do with J Gateway or West Region property?

And btw, since you completely agreed to EBD about property 101, I am just wondering if you could spare some time to explain what is Worst and Best Street in Singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by heehee
    For own stay? Whole family can't fit into 4xx sqft MM right & yet $1700 psf?
    Why not Lakeholmz nearby, $9xx psf only!
    How to stay with family in a 4xx sq ft ?

It would be for Investment if ever will buy and 2 rooms at least

(anyway not all the 474 sq ft are going for 1700psf)

I do not even think u r in the league to invest in ccr to criticise those buying ccr. I do not think u can even afford waterford in the next ten years of ur working life. Simply ask 1000 people on the streets would they associate a freehold pty in district 9 as having more prestige n long term value than a 99yr pty in jurong n the answer is so plain obvious. U don't need to be a Harvard investment guru to know that.
    If you could justify buying Waterford Residence and MK88 as good investment, then there is really no need to justify anything, so why are you wasting our time with your repetitive nonsense?

Oh I didnt say Caspian buyer should buy at launch price?
    Oh I just cast a vote for myself for being smart

If you could justify buying Waterford Residence and MK88 as good investment, then there is really no need to justify anything, so why are you wasting out time reading your repetitive nonsense?
    I think the discussion is skewed.

The statement we are trying to make here is : There are many many many many many more more more more more investments more worthwhile than Jurong at $1,700 psf. And The Sail is just one of them.

Of course we have to admit there are a teeny weeny number of properties that are as unworthy as the Jurong PC.

Eg. Ascentia Sky at $1,700 is more worthwhile buying that Jurong at $1,700. (though u confirm want to argue that Ascentia Sky dont have studio units ?!) or they selling for $1,900. But all these are besides the point! The point is pay a bit more to move to Redhill MRT is confirm a better deal!

DKSG