Page 23 of 228 FirstFirst ... 381318192021222324252627283338434853 ... LastLast

Thread: Owners in the West beware!!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Could you kindly advise on the valid issues raised that:

1) Sail is selling at much lower price than its surrounding properties transacting at >=$3500 psf (at a discount of 29-43%)

2) J Gateway is selling at a premium to its surrounding properties transacting at $9xx - 12xx psf (or a premium of 42-73%).

Which of the 2 you honestly believe has better upside potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Don't get corrupted.

1) scarce price of the sail is not 2000psf and j gateway is not 1700
    2) average size if the sail is 644 while j gateway is 500
    3) average quantum of the sails us 1.4m while j gateway is 800k
    4) the sail is 11 years old and j gateway is new launch

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Self denial again:
    1) pt 1, rubbish statement. More than a few 1 bedder in the sail are transacting at ard 2kpsf in past 6 mths.not just one and only unique case. U keep saying worst unit in best street, pls tell me out of the 4 units transact at 2kpsf, which one is the worst? All worst facing units in the sail worst than your mm in J?
    2) pt 2 and pt 3, both are 1 bedder and not that the sail is too grossly big until its twice the size of mm in J and cannot use to compare. Anyway, I hv given u espada as comparison (below 1 mil quantum) but u choose selective reading. Period.
    4) this is buyer's market, comparing resale and new sale u got any problem with that? Buyers can choose anything that's worthwhile.
    Xan,

a) May I suggest that you go to URA website, compile all the 1 bedder transaction over the last 12 months, take the average before spouting the word rubbish, because the result might actually come back to show that you are nothing but an empty vessel hiding in the bush and making plenty of noise.

b) Please dont not make silly assumption that you cant back up by FACTS because size and quantum does matter in todays property market.

If you wish to argue, please support yourself with FACTS and because no one is interested in what you THINK???

c) Again, go to point (a) and then tell me if it is true that average quantum for the sail is around 1.4m, or about 75% more expensive than J Gateway 1 bedder

d) You are absolutely right that buyer can choose anything that is worth while but AS LONG AS they have MONEY to choose what they want. Again, if you wish to dispute that quantum is not a factor in todays market, then back up with facts instead.

Ball over to you sir!!

FACTS PLEASE
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

1) Sail is selling at much lower price than its surrounding properties transacting at >=$3500 psf (at a discount of 29-43%)

2) J Gateway is selling at a premium to its surrounding properties transacting at $9xx - 12xx psf (or a premium of 42-73%).

1,The Sail is 11 years old and was developed as a $800-1000psf apartment, not a $3000sqft luxury apartment like neighbouring apartment. When comparing, make sure you comparing apple to apple because Bay view units at the Sail are worth much more than non bay view unit, so naturally that some might choose so use non bay view units to compare with J Gateway.

Actually I find it very funny why someone like you who always KPKB about quality interior fitting will ask such newbie question.

Old man got Alzheimer??

2) Was J Gateway selling at the sort of premium or did you made that upu by comparing 474sqft NEW LAUNCH to 1000+sqft old apartment?
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Xan,

a) May I suggest that you go to URA website, compile all the 1 bedder transaction over the last 12 months, take the average before spouting the word rubbish, because the result might actually come back to show that you are nothing but an empty vessel hiding in the bush and making plenty of noise.

b) Please dont not make silly assumption that you cant back up by FACTS because size and quantum does matter in todays property market.

If you wish to argue, please support yourself with FACTS and because no one is interested in what you THINK???

c) Again, go to point (a) and then tell me if it is true that average quantum for the sail is around 1.4m, or about 75% more expensive than J Gateway 1 bedder

d) You are absolutely right that buyer can choose anything that is worth while but AS LONG AS they have MONEY to choose what they want. Again, if you wish to dispute that quantum is not a factor in todays market, then back up with facts instead.

Ball over to you sir!!

FACTS PLEASE
    As usual, very disappointed, still no direct answer from you.

1) why twist and turn and create so many smoke screens by looking at past 12mths transaction? Stay focus, look at the most recent 6 mths, 4 out of 5 1 bedder sails transact at near 2kpsf. U still have not tell me what u mean by worst facing in best district? Did u ever go in streetsine and indicate to all readers here what are the 1 bedder facing before u comment these units hv the worst facing? Even, they are the worst units, can they be worse than your jurong mrt track and hospital facing?
    2) since u like to talk quantum so much, u seems to hv forgotten I use espada as a below 1 mil comparison? Not a single word was mentioned from your previous post.
    3) no need to waste time throwing ball over to whichever sides, I just realize I wasted so much time with an empty vessel, cos so far, you make the loudest noise.

As usual, very disappointed, still no direct answer from you.

1) why twist and turn and create so many smoke screens by looking at past 12mths transaction? Stay focus, look at the most recent 6 mths, 4 out of 5 1 bedder sails transact at near 2kpsf. U still have not tell me what u mean by worst facing in best district? Did u ever go in streetsine and indicate to all readers here what are the 1 bedder facing before u comment these units hv the worst facing? Do you think the sail facing can be worst than your jurong mrt track and hospital facing?
    2) since u like to talk quantum so much, u seems to hv forgotten I use espada as a below 1 mil comparison? Not a single word was mentioned from your previous post.
    3) no need to waste time throwing ball over to whichever sides, I just realize I wasted so much time with an empty vessel, cos so far, you make the loudest noise.
    Why are you so predictable..

1) In your reply to point 1 you already admitted you are unable to use 12 month average to prove your points because you are cherry picking transaction data to distort the truth picture about the price of the sail.

URA data is there for everyone to see, so you can just save your effort in trying to defend yourself.

2) The only reason why I missed your espada post is because I dont think your post is worth reading. So now that you have my attention, what about in Espada that you want me to comment? Its 377sqft size or its $2600psf?

3) There is no need to repeat what I say. If you have facts to support your argument, then put it across.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

Trust me, he cannot answer you, except giving u new and old projects that kinda crap answers.

Trust me, he cannot answer you, except giving u new and old projects that kinda crap answers.

I have already reply that post 30mins before you post this one.

are you born with some kind of unique facts vision deficiency that is hindering you from noticing facts around you.

Btw, do you know what is the meaning of FACTS?

Why are you so predictable..

1) In your reply to point 1 you already admitted you are unable to use 12 month average to prove your points because you are cherry picking transaction data to distort the truth picture about the price of the sail.

URA data is there for everyone to see, so you can just save your effort in trying to defend yourself.

2) The only reason why I missed your espada post is because I dont think your post is worth reading. So now that you have my attention, what about in Espada that you want me to comment? Its 377sqft size or its $2600psf?

3) There is no need to repeat what I say. If you have facts to support your argument, then put it across.
    1) 12 months? Then I can question u, why not last 18 mths or 24 mths. Don't waste my time la joker. 12mths your own yardstick? Rubbish attempt.
    2)at this moment, u want talk quantum then at another moment, u want talk about psf. Better get your consistency right la. Don't keep changing stand and act like a loser. Espada is to convince you that it's a FH CCR and u can still get below a 1 mil quantum. Loser!

The facts are presented right smack at your face but if one choose to evade, no point carry on the conversation.
    Basically, u r just trying very hard here. Personally I feel the thread is lame and your attempt to fool new forumer here is futile.
    No need to play smoke screen or twist and turn in front of so many old birds here. Every time I see your hopeless attempt, I cheo ka peng.

1) 12 months? Then I can question u, why not last 18 mths or 24 mths. Don't waste my time la joker. 12mths your own yardstick? Rubbish attempt.
    2)at this moment, u want talk quantum then at another moment, u want talk about psf. Better get your consistency right la. Don't keep changing stand and act like a loser.

The facts are presented right smack at your face but if one choose to evade, no point carry on the conversation.
    Basically, u r just trying very hard here. Personally I feel the thread is lame and your attempt to fool new forumer here is futile.
    No need to play smoke screen or twist and turn in front of so many old birds here. Every time I see your hopeless attempt, I cheo ka peng.
    Xan,

Its pretty obvious that you didnt complete your higher education, or else you will know that sampling size is important to achieve a more accurate measurement instead of a snap shot of 6 month MINUS those "unfavorable" transaction like the $2900psf transaction in April 2013.

I am sorry, are you not aware that quantum is a function of psf and size.
    You mean you can actually find it meaningful to just talk about quantum without knowing the psf or size?

I am indeed trying very hard to entertain your nonsense actually.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    Brudder, the last unit I Bot was in sept 2012. Paid cm 3% ii think.... Paid for 3 bedder under a mil 40% down payment. Why?? I sold my gardens and pocketed 400k inclusive rental. Cash outed and dump the money into the new condo... So downpayment was so called FOC.... And the rental will cover mortgage and still get surplus. On top of that, I still get back my deposit from gardens. Hahahaha...

I downgrade on the uptrend leh.... I upgrade on the downtrend leh....

I did the same thing on Botannia to waterview... Now waterview up > 300k on paper... But it really doesn't matter, I cashed out leh.... From time I sold Botannia to now, price increase is 250k. But water view up 300 k. Hahahaha

But I now off property Liao...

Oh, btw... My definition of downgrade is buy cheaper property...

Example... Sell Botannia @ 1.3 mil and buy waterview @ 1 mil.

Botannia today worth 1.55m... Waterview worth 1.3 m.

Hahaha
    Good investment strategy
    Really good info for the newbies to learn...

for me i exited property too and focusing on shorter term liquid instruments such as stocks...

Xan,

Its pretty obvious that you didnt complete your higher education, or else you will know that sampling size is important to achieve a more accurate measurement instead of a snap shot of 6 month MINUS those "unfavorable" transaction like the $2900psf transaction in April 2013.

I am sorry, are you not aware that quantum is a function of psf and size.
    You mean you can actually find it meaningful to just talk about quantum without knowing the psf or size?

I am indeed trying very hard to entertain your nonsense actually.
    R33
    If someone like u knows the meaning of psf and quantum, he wld not be contending with so many people here trying to justify 1.7kpsf for jurong is a good buy when surrounding projects are transacting at 9xx to 1.2kpsf.
    A person like you who need to defend your fort 24/7 is indeed pathetic.
    Only a person who has doubt in his investment and is gonna to shit his pant will create such thread. (Opps, btw, no one is still sure whether u bought anything or not)
    Enough said, I believe each one of us here have a more meaningful life than u. Wld rather spend my Saturday shopping than bickering with an idiot here. Ciao
    Last edited by Xan; 20-07-13 at 14:28.

R33
    If someone like u knows the meaning of psf and quantum, he wld not be contending with so many people here trying to justify 1.7kpsf for jurong is a good buy when surrounding projects are transacting at 1.2kpsf.
    A person like you who need to defend your fort 24/7 is indeed pathetic.
    Only a person who has doubt in his investment and is gonna to shit his pant will create such thread. (Opps, btw, no one is still sure whether u bought anything or not)
    Enough said, I believe each one of us here have a more meaningful life than u. Wld rather spend my Saturday shopping than bickering with an idiot here. Ciao
    I am glad we have come to the end of our discussion.

Conclusion?? Quantum matters and please dont waste time trying to dispute that.

I am glad we have come to the end of our discussion.

Conclusion?? Quantum matters
    Hatred and personal attack aside.
    I actually believe in JLD story, but I believe at this price tag, not much meat left in cap appreciation.
    There are really better options outside if looking at cap gain.
    Not my intent to come here bicker.
    Ciao.

Hatred and personal attack aside.
    I actually believe in JLD story, but I believe at this price tag, not much meat left in cap appreciation.
    There are really better options outside if looking at cap gain.
    Not my intent to come here bicker.
    Ciao.
    Hi Xan

just believe WILL DO

that will be the 1st step

On whether how much it will appreciate in the near future

Let Mr Market do the Talking
    No one is BIGGER than Mr Market

not even Warren Buffet
    Cheers

There are some FACTS about J Gateway

Median Price 1,486psf
    Lowest 1,239psf
    Highest 1,774

Even if the sail has fifty years left on the lease, it should still be worth more than a piece of land with 99years on the lease in jurong for the simple reason that land in marina is many times more valuable than jurong. So the sail at current age is considered relatively new.
    1,The Sail is 11 years old and was developed as a $800-1000psf apartment, not a $3000sqft luxury apartment like neighbouring apartment. When comparing, make sure you comparing apple to apple because Bay view units at the Sail are worth much more than non bay view unit, so naturally that some might choose so use non bay view units to compare with J Gateway.

Actually I find it very funny why someone like you who always KPKB about quality interior fitting will ask such newbie question.

Old man got Alzheimer??

2) Was J Gateway selling at the sort of premium or did you made that upu by comparing 474sqft NEW LAUNCH to 1000+sqft old apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Even if the sail has fifty years left on the lease, it should still be worth more than a piece of land with 99years on the lease in jurong for the simple reason that land in marina is many times more valuable than jurong. So the sail at current age is consudered very relatively new.
    Yes, we all know that. thanks for highlighting.

Brudder, chestnut exited a fraction of his property portfolio. Did you exit totally?
    Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Good investment strategy
    Really good info for the newbies to learn...

for me i exited property too and focusing on shorter term liquid instruments such as stocks...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Brudder, chestnut exited a fraction of his property portfolio. Did you exit totally?
    Many here exited a portion of our property portfolio lo!

Thats why here to caution others who plonk $1,700 into Jurong.

But exit doesnt mean market is going to come down. It means the 1% increase per quarter is not attractive to some people.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG

But exit doesnt mean market is going to come down. It means the 1% increase per quarter is not attractive to some people.

DKSG
    I know its tempting to brag about how many properties you own, but that those mean that you have to make fun or joke about those who are taking their first step into property investment.

Again, why do you need to bother about what people are paying for their $1700psf J Gateway. Perhaps the buyer could be a season property investors who see opportunity in JLD.

So, have you view the unit at the sail?

Sky habitat prices look cheaper now. Like in the ST advert: has sky view but with down to earth price.

DKSG

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Sky habitat prices look cheaper now. Like in the ST advert: has sky view but with down to earth price.
    I hate to repeat this statement again and again ...

$1,700 Jurong vs $1,800 Bishan ... isnt the choice very obvious ?

DKSG

I respect your experience and the attitude to share but not recently...since u ask such obvious question, let me also put up some obvious questions...

Why JGateway sold out and not Sky Hibitat? Very obvious right?
    If market slow down, and if there is no CM curbing flipping, taking only this Jgateway and Sky Hibitat as eg only, if the price of both drop 100psf and being throw into the market, say now Jgateway 1600psf and Sky 1700psf. Which one will be snatched immediately? Is this obvious?

25 yrs ago, I think u will choose Hougang than Bishan...but what happen now?? U would of course say bishan righht?? So, do more forward looking and not stay stagnant, my opinion. I can't tell u what happen 20 yrs later but what I can say is, there is current a very strong push in Jurong. Not Clementi, not bishan...

DKSG

Yah lor, push until gordon max selling at natural diamond price
    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    I respect your experience and the attitude to share but not recently...since u ask such obvious question, let me also put up some obvious questions...

Why JGateway sold out and not Sky Hibitat? Very obvious right?
    If market slow down, and if there is no CM curbing flipping, taking only this Jgateway and Sky Hibitat as eg only, if the price of both drop 100psf and being throw into the market, say now Jgateway 1600psf and Sky 1700psf. Which one will be snatched immediately? Is this obvious?

25 yrs ago, I think u will choose Hougang than Bishan...but what happen now?? U would of course say bishan righht?? So, do more forward looking and not stay stagnant, my opinion. I can't tell u what happen 20 yrs later but what I can say is, there is current a very strong push in Jurong. Not Clementi, not bishan...

TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold474,600 420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
    TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold 474,600420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
    Hmm, if die die want to buy J mm Units for its rental,
    Wouldn't it make more sense to buy 2 units of geylang (example treasure at 20) FH mm at the price of near 950k in total.
    Assuming J mm at 800k, all U need to do is to top up another 150k and U get 2 units of FH mm at geylang. Double rental income somemore. Good cap gain as well.
    Of cos U can dispute by saying its geylang. But since we are talking about quantum and psf and rental.

Actually just do it....don't think anyone would stop u...

TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold474,600 420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
    TREASURES @ G20 LORONG 20 GEYLANG Apartment 14 RCR Freehold 474,600420 Strata 01 to 05 1,131 May-13
    Hmm, if die die want to buy J mm Units for its rental,
    Wouldn't it make more sense to buy 2 units of geylang (example treasure at 20) FH mm at the price of near 950k in total.
    Assuming J mm at 800k, all U need to do is to top up another 150k and U get 2 units of FH mm at geylang. Double rental income somemore. Good cap gain as well.
    Of cos U can dispute by saying its geylang. But since we are talking about quantum and psf and rental.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Actually just do it....don't think anyone would stop u...
    You don't need to be so sensitive and defensive since u already said u not vested in J.
    Relax bro. this is a forum for discussion.
    I'm just showing your guarding angel R33 there may be other feasible options other than die die must stick to J at 1.7kpsf.
    He wants facts and I'm showing him some now.
    Last edited by Xan; 20-07-13 at 17:24.

DKSG

Since you have been in this forum since 2009, I would expect that you should still be here using your DKSG account in about 3 to 4 years time.

So why not we play a little game here.

You name a project in Bishan and I will use J Gateway and we will revisit this thread again in in 3 to 4 years time when J Gateway TOP, see which project will have a higher capital gain?

How?

DKSG, I remember that you completely agree with EBD about the best street worst street property 101.

May I know why did you think so highly of Bishan especially when it was a cemetery no very long ago. Does it look like Best Street to you? Perhaps Stairway to Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    On URA, the median price is $1,486 psf, so only about 300+ will disagree. But then again i was referring to 1-bedder, who will most likely fall on the higher side of the median.

So from your point of view for $1,450psf, which 1-bedder will you choose to buy?
    DKSG, still wondering from your point of view for $1,450psf, which 1-bedder will you choose to buy?