Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    The Titanic sailed by and those that didn't board it lived to tell the tale

Is your view impartial? Sounds a bit "salesy".

Also, I'm flabergasted when people call Optima old. The paint is barely dry

I like The Glades, I'm not bashing it. Just trying to hear from folks on their view as to whether it will be a white elephant.

Yes, "make up your own mind" is a fair answer, but I'd like to debate the pros and cons with the good people on this forum.
    LOL sorry if i sound "salesy" but i got nothing to sell u.

Buy or your is your own choice lol

I am just typing it all out to see if myself is convince to buy the 1 br "convertible" becos i found that concept really ....errmm "innovative"

Quote Originally Posted by ppty View Post
    If really need to stay near Tanah Merah like someone mentioned in the earlier post then

why must pay extreme psf

when just across the road junction there is older condo which is going for below 1K psf - but the savings are like half a million dollars for a 1000sq ft when compared to Glades.

Is this the SG way of thinking that must only buy new - and disregard the old ?
    Well not all the developments in the area have 1 bedders or loft concept or convertible. Moreover there may not be enough resale units for 400 plus buyers yeah?

There are some who like to buy new from developers for capital appreciation. Think one has to hold for at least 4 years if buy resale whereas some would prefer the option of selling upon TOP as a 'new' property with minimum cash outflow in the first 4 years.

Anyway at the time when we were buying UV, the 2 bedders in the area were asking for more than 1 mil which were out of our reach. We like condos with balcony which the older condos do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    LOL sorry if i sound "salesy" but i got nothing to sell u.

Buy or your is your own choice lol

I am just typing it all out to see if myself is convince to buy the 1 br "convertible" becos i found that concept really ....errmm "innovative"
    Thanks, darkseed. I appreciate the reply and you sharing your thought process.

I am not a fan of the "convertible". That's just my personal opinion, and I'm in my 40s. I imagine a younger person, an SUTD student, for example, might think it's cool.

Thanks for such a nice response.

I heard that there is the mixed development coming up in between UV and Optima at some point, which might be lower PSF. However, the plot size is small so the residential units are not likely to enjoy good facilities.

I managed to speak to some buyers at The Glades launch. None were investors, they were all buying for own stay and because they like the area. In fact some were Optima owners - they shared with me that they thought Glades prices were too high for it to be considered a good short or medium term investment, but that they were buying for their own stay and had already made a killing on Optima (doubled their money in just a few years) so were OK.

Why do you think UV sold so well but The Glades sales are flat? All down to TDSR? Or just down to the fact that those that want to buy in this area already have done so?
    Oh you're welcome! :-)

As for the plot between UV and Optimal, I am praying it will be a commercial development instead of mixed development.

Think it is the TDSR but well it makes Glades a good buy for first time buyers like yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by visionary View Post
    I bought a unit at The Glades, biggest sized 2 bedroom, pool facing.

I am well aware that it is a high price ($1500psf), but I willingly paid for it because it is close to the airport where I work at.

I am buying for own stay, and not looking at how much yields I am going to get. If I am cash strapped in future, probably rent out a room to a SUTD student/ staff or airline crew.

UV and Optima landscape is a little too cramped for my liking, and I prefer The Glades extensive landscaping and space. I also prefer my condo not to be so close to HDBs.

Nobody can predict what's the price is going to be, but I am buying for own stay, did my affordability calculations and decided to go ahead. Good luck, everyone.!
    Congratulations! I sincerely think you got yourself a good buy.

Quote Originally Posted by JS_Woo View Post
    Well not all the developments in the area have 1 bedders or loft concept or convertible. Moreover there may not be enough resale units for 400 plus buyers yeah?

There are some who like to buy new from developers for capital appreciation. Think one has to hold for at least 4 years if buy resale whereas some would prefer the option of selling upon TOP as a 'new' property with minimum cash outflow in the first 4 years.

Anyway at the time when we were buying UV, the 2 bedders in the area were asking for more than 1 mil which were out of our reach. We like condos with balcony which the older condos do not have.
    I have the same issue. I can't reach a 2-bed at Optima or Casa Merah as although the PSF is much less the quantum is >= 1.2m due to generous unit sizes. This is over my budget. Even the mentioned Stratford Court is high quantum as the units are (in comparison) massive.

Quote Originally Posted by JS_Woo View Post
    Oh you're welcome! :-)

As for the plot between UV and Optimal, I am praying it will be a commercial development instead of mixed development.

Think it is the TDSR but well it makes Glades a good buy for first time buyers like yourself!
    I heard it was changed from pure commercial to a mixed development. Can anyone confirm? I heard this from an Optima owner.

I heard it was changed from pure commercial to a mixed development. Can anyone confirm? I heard this from an Optima owner.
    Yes it has been changed from full fledged commercial to 1st floor commercial and residential above, pls see
    http://www.ura.gov.sg/uol/DC/view-ma...mp08_24_7.ashx

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny View Post
    Yes it has been changed from full fledged commercial to 1st floor commercial and residential above, pls see
    Thanks for confirming.

Sad. With all the existing and additioanl units, I think this area could easily sustain a commercial development.

Thanks for confirming.

Sad. With all the existing and additioanl units, I think this area could easily sustain a commercial development.
    Yes, I agree. There is still hope the land between The glades and Parcel B under Reserve list could be full fledged commercial though ...

Seriously, does it really matter that much whether that little pocket of land is fully or partly commercial ? Probably, just a suburban HDB type mall anyway when there are huge malls in Bedok and Expo mrt stations

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
    Seriously, does it really matter that much whether that little pocket of land is fully or partly commercial ? Probably, just a suburban HDB type mall anyway when there are huge malls in Bedok and Expo mrt stations
    It is great having 2 huge malls nearby but I also like the convenience of having basic amenities at doorstep.

Errr.. yes! For the size which i measure off Onemap, it is 159,887 sq ft of land on plot ratio of 3.0 which mean it will be a mall the size of 479,661 sq gt, assuming a 75% efficiency, we are talking about approximately 360,000 sq ft of retail space ,size of 313 somerset!

Not small at all. And given the drastic increase in population around Tanah Merah, i fail to see the logic of not providing a retail mall of this size.

What's it with the younger generation believing everything on the Internet as the gospel truth ? Go there and take a look with your own eyes...that plot ain't that big !

Anyway, it's been common knowledge since last year it is gonna be a mixed development

What's it with the younger generation believing everything on the Internet as the gospel truth ? Go there and take a look with your own eyes...that plot ain't that big !

Anyway, it's been common knowledge since last year it is gonna be a mixed development
    I walk past this plot every morning and every evening. It doesn't look very big to me.

Still, developers now tell us a family of 4 can live comfortably in a 580sqft box, so maybe the developer can also build the next Takeshima on this plot

I walk past this plot every morning and every evening. It doesn't look very big to me.

Still, developers now tell us a family of 4 can live comfortably in a 580sqft box, so maybe the developer can also build the next Takeshima on this plot
    hmmm spoiled the joke with bad spelling.... Takashimaya.

What is the point of doing so? The numbers don't lie. Everyday, I wake up, I like my 800 sq ft house to be bigger, but 800 sq ft is 800 sq ft. It is not going to change.

Anyway, my point is that this area deserve a mall. I have not vested interested in this area, but I'm not so sure about you older generation.

Common knowledge since last year? You must work for URA then because the approval to change land use was dated 17 Jan 2013!
    AND the size is bigger at 15958sqm!
    Nah, show you the link lah, but do take it with a pinch of salt because dont believe everything on the Internet as the gospel truth.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj View Post
    Common knowledge since last year? You must work for URA then because the approval to change land use was dated 17 Jan 2013!
    AND the size is bigger at 15958sqm!
    Nah, show you the link lah, but do take it with a pinch of salt because dont believe everything on the Internet as the gospel truth.

Ok I might be wrong...I was in the Savills team that helped Far East and FRASERs market eCO in Bedok Avenue South 3 last year...I recall vaguely that it was already known by us then that plot was gonna be a mixed development

Anyway, my point is expect at this plot a White Sands type mall instead of a Vivo city.

Tanah Merah is suppose to have laid back charm, that is supposedly the locale's appeal...ask VI why he moved there in the first place.

However, with all the development over there, I think it will be indistinguishable from Bedok and Expo

Ok I might be wrong...I was in the Savills team that helped Far East and FRASERs market eCO in Bedok Avenue South 3 last year...I recall vaguely that it was already known by us then that plot was gonna be a mixed development
    ... I rather take an agent's word with a pinch of salt and believe the internet from URA website. furthermore from someone with vested interest.

And sorry, the plot is not the size of white sand mall (148,000s q ft) , it is more than double the size of white sand mall. You as a agent should know better right? Older generation somemore wor.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    ... I rather take an agent's word with a pinch of salt and believe the internet from URA website. furthermore from someone with vested interest.

And sorry, the plot is not the size of white sand mall (148,000s q ft) , it is more than double the size of white sand mall. You as a agent should know better right? Older generation somemore wor.
    How can I have vested interest in an empty plot of land ?

You must love shopping a lot

How can I have vested interest in an empty plot of land ?

You must love shopping a lot
    Vested interest around the area.

Nope, don't like shopping, just want to stop people with suspicious intention from going around the forum misleading others.

Vested interest around the area.

Nope, don't like shopping, just want to stop people with suspicious intention from going around the forum misleading others.
    Why would I have a vested interest in the area ?

I don't work for any developer there and I don't belong to any real estate agency marketing condos there !

Get out more often, dude or dudette !

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop View Post
    Some of my friends said this forested hill used to be some WW2 mass killing site, any information on that? Thanks!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sook_C...acre#Execution
    at $1500psf looks like its a ww3 killing site
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

Hong Lim Complex was a Sook Ching site too. How's the price of resale HDBs there.. ?

Why would I have a vested interest in the area ?

I don't work for any developer there and I don't belong to any real estate agency marketing condos there !

Get out more often, dude or dudette !
    Not a property agent, don't need to get out as often as you. I remember you mentioned you are part of the marketing team from Savills on Eco?

Anyway, I have already rebutted you on the size of the previously zone commercial parcel. No argument on that. First you assumed I'm younger generation , then presume I like shopping, now you call me a dude or dudette (whatever it is). Is that how you talk to people?

Good to know that you cannot convince, so you confuse people.

Not a property agent, don't need to get out as often as you. I remember you mentioned you are part of the marketing team from Savills on Eco?

Anyway, I have already rebutted you on the size of the previously zone commercial parcel. No argument on that. First you assumed I'm younger generation , then presume I like shopping, now you call me a dude or dudette (whatever it is). Is that how you talk to people?

Good to know that you cannot convince, so you confuse people.
    Was was was.....no longer with Savills.

Looks like you are the confuser

Was was was.....no longer with Savills.

Looks like you are the confuser
    Good to know you are no longer a property agent with any agency. Maybe there is a reason so, judging from the way you talk.

Bless you!

Good to know you are no longer a property agent with any agency. Maybe there is a reason so, judging from the way you talk.

Bless you!
    Still am a real estate consultant, just with another company. Is there some rule in this forum that states that real estate people like real people