Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Glades Next to Tanah Merah MRT (D16, 99 Years Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by yesnomaybe View Post
    Why would any agent con buyers with that ?

Anyway, a big shopping mall adding to traffic congestion to this area is not what the residents there want

I will not use the word "con" but it's true that agents were making a big deal about it, saying a mall adds to the area's convenience and appeal and thus drives prices up. Almost every agent I spoke to said that - and none mentioned it had been changed to a mixed development.

Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
    I will not use the word "con" but it's true that agents were making a big deal about it, saying a mall adds to the area's convenience and appeal and thus drives prices up. Almost every agent I spoke to said that - and none mentioned it had been changed to a mixed development.
    It is always a case of buyers beware. But it will be helpful if the property agents don't provide misleading information.

It is not viable to have similar large mall at each mrt station but with an interval of a few mrt stns depending on the size of population. A mix development with ground floor commercial is sufficient to cater to the residents between those stations with large mall. It has also happened to biddari and potong pasir with similar mix development and nex with large mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    indeed the glades is less crowded. it has a plot ratio of only 1.6, whereas eco has a plot ratio of 2.1.

by the way alot of people still have the misconception that there will be a mall like the one at bedok next to urban vista. it has been changed to residential with commercial at first storey only since beginning of this year. SO NO BIG SHOPPING MALL. don't expect much beyond the more essential provisions. look at the ura plan if don't believe me, over here:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/uramaps/?confi...e%20amendments)

hope no one is conned by agents who say there will be a big shopping mall here.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    It is not viable to have similar large mall at each mrt station but with an interval of a few mrt stns depending on the size of population. A mix development with ground floor commercial is sufficient to cater to the residents between those stations with large mall. It has also happened to biddari and potong pasir with similar mix development and nex with large mall.
    I fully agree that there shouldn't be a mall here in the first place given the future bedok mall nearby. My post is in response to earlier posts discussing the size of the tanah merah mall when there won't even be a mall here at all, but rather only shops on ground floor and residential above. This I suspect is due to misinformation caused by agents n their websites. Just google some urban vista websites n u will see. Which is what I am irate abt. At least get their facts right n don't mislead people!

Quote Originally Posted by gav108 View Post
    I fully agree that there shouldn't be a mall here in the first place given the future bedok mall nearby. My post is in response to earlier posts discussing the size of the tanah merah mall when there won't even be a mall here at all, but rather only shops on ground floor and residential above. This I suspect is due to misinformation caused by agents n their websites. Just google some urban vista websites n u will see. Which is what I am irate abt. At least get their facts right n don't mislead people!
    N to substantiate, mixed development is not the same as residential with shops on ground floor according to ura. Mixed development still can have much shopping space with residential above, like the upcoming Bedok Residences. But tanah merah will only get residential with shops restricted only to ground floor. Given the relatively small piece of land, it won't be many shops.

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    It is always a case of buyers beware. But it will be helpful if the property agents don't provide misleading information.
    This, I'm afraid, is true.

Agents are not consultants, as far as I can see. They are salesmen/women. Salesmen put a "spin" on things and are economical with the truth when it suits them. Their single goal is to "close that deal". That is in all walks, not just property. I'm stopping short of saying they "con" people, but as this poster says, beware.

This, I'm afraid, is true.

Agents are not consultants, as far as I can see. They are salesmen/women. Salesmen put a "spin" on things and are economical with the truth when it suits them. Their single goal is to "close that deal". That is in all walks, not just property. I'm stopping short of saying they "con" people, but as this poster says, beware.
    In fact it's a broken model. The agent who is representing the buyer's best interests is desperate for the buyer to buy so that he can collect his handsome sales comm. So, when the person "representing" you is desperate for you to buy, my argument is he is not representing you at all

Bros/Sis,

Serious question and back on topic.

I went for a walk around the entire perimeter and was particularly interested to look at the south facing aspect. I noticed that the land is in a dip, meaning it starts quite a bit beneath the road level. I also observed that the road is lined with some rather tall and dense trees. It made me think that the south facing units are going to have a blocked view, basically your view will just be a large and very imposing tree. Thinking about the land dip and the tree height, I think only those high floor units will clear the trees. Anyone else think this will be the case?

Bros/Sis,

I went for a walk around the entire perimeter and was particularly interested to look at the south facing aspect. I noticed that the land is in a dip, meaning it starts quite a bit beneath the road level. I also observed that the road is lined with some rather tall and dense trees. It made me think that the south facing units are going to have a blocked view, basically your view will just be a large and very imposing tree. Thinking about the land dip and the tree height, I think only those high floor units will clear the trees. Anyone else think this will be the case?
    Hi VI, even if the high floor south facing units have got some sea view, I'm not sure how long that will be given that the east coast has already been confirmed to have more reclamation

Hi VI, even if the high floor south facing units have got some sea view, I'm not sure how long that will be given that the east coast has already been confirmed to have more reclamation
    I agree. A distant sea view is not worth paying a lot for. The developer, it seems, has placed a big premium on it, which is very cheeky in my opinion. My question was more about having an unblocked view. I think many south facing units are going to get a view of a huge tree only. And it's only meters away. I happen to like trees and I feel sad when they get chopped down, but I don't want a huge tree to be the only thing I can see from my balcony.

Actually when i was at the showflat, the agent did say the pool facing (although some also face the MRT track as well) is priced higher than the south facing ones so one can infer that the south view is actually worth nothing much?

Case in point

For 3BRC, (apology do not have same floor number so have to extrapolate)

1. Stack 05-03 (south) = 1,275,300 ( 850 sqf at 1,500 psf)
    2. Stack 06-02 (Pool) = 1,301,800 (840 sqf at 1,550 psf)

If I normalise 2 to same size as 1, the difference is $42,200 but this is unlikely solely due to 1 floor difference but facing as well.

Btw both stack 2 and 3 same blk and same side except different facing.
    Last edited by gadiny; 25-09-13 at 11:52.

Quote Originally Posted by gadiny View Post
    Actually when i was at the showflat, the agent did say the pool facing (although some also face the MRT track as well) is priced higher than the south facing ones so one can infer that the south view is actually worth nothing much?

Case in point

For 3BRC, (apology do not have same floor number so have to extrapolate)

1. Stack 05-03 (south) = 1,275,300 ( 850 sqf at 1,500 psf)
    2. Stack 06-02 (Pool) = 1,301,800 (840 sqf at 1,550 psf)

If I normalise 2 to same size as 1, the difference is $42,200 but this is unlikely solely due to 1 floor difference but facing as well.

Btw both stack 2 and 3 same blk and same side except different facing.
    This is good info, thanks for sharing.

Having studied the layout by walking around, I'd say the pool facing is better, unless you get the 8+ south facing floors - below that you are pretty sure to have a huge tree blocking your light and view. That's a danger to buying an unbuilt property, you are never quite sure what you're getting.

I heard (I think reliable) that 4 more units sold this week.

Bros/Sis,

Very good observation. I referred to pictures taken at the showroom, and it seemed that the blocks next to bedok rise start at the same level as bedok rise itself.

Does anyone have full copy of developer price list to share?

And, cool scheme or warm scheme?

Skyvue has an above ground 5-storey car park. I hate that, it looks ugly. Pure cost saving tactic.

As I mentioned I've formed the opinion that people buying The Glades are people who like the area and are buying for own stay. I don't think The Glades is one for the investors.
    And you are paying much lesser and you have two mrt lines with a big shopping centre. Sky Vue is a better buy than to overpay for this strange development where everything is movable.

And you are paying much lesser and you have two mrt lines with a big shopping centre. Sky Vue is a better buy than to overpay for this strange development where everything is movable.
    At SV, 694 units on 129,XXX sq feet of land. The Glades, 726 units on 341,XXX sq feet of land. Can't compare to say which is better.

Personally, I like to stay on high floors, but alas my work place is at the east, so gonna make do with The Glades.

Quote Originally Posted by visionary View Post
    At SV, 694 units on 129,XXX sq feet of land. The Glades, 726 units on 341,XXX sq feet of land. Can't compare to say which is better.

Personally, I like to stay on high floors, but alas my work place is at the east, so gonna make do with The Glades.
    Did you buy?

Congratulations, if you did.

Were you able to negotiate the price downwards, given that this development isn't selling well? Wonder how stubborn developers really can be? I guess Keppel has the power to hold, but I hope they will see sense as the market drops and start selling them off on the cheap

We had the debate about the movable units. I think we were all unanimous (at least those who posted) that it's a ridiculous idea

So why is Sky Vue so much cheaper? Was the land significantly cheaper? And is the developer cutting corners by building MSCP above ground.

I'm going to buy soon and something is pulling me to The Glades. I can't quite understand what it is

I'm just hoping to wait a bit longer until the market drops and then pick a unit up cheaply. I decided not to get caught up in their early bird discount marketing nonsense. The units are overpriced and sooner or later they will be forced to drop the prices - that's my theory.

We had the debate about the movable units. I think we were all unanimous (at least those who posted) that it's a ridiculous idea

So why is Sky Vue so much cheaper? Was the land significantly cheaper? And is the developer cutting corners by building MSCP above ground.

I'm going to buy soon and something is pulling me to The Glades. I can't quite understand what it is

I'm just hoping to wait a bit longer until the market drops and then pick a unit up cheaply. I decided not to get caught up in their early bird discount marketing nonsense. The units are overpriced and sooner or later they will be forced to drop the prices - that's my theory.
    Sure , everyone has their own preference. Hope you get your unit cheap! I do hope those unscrupulous developer who overpaid for their land bear the brunt of their action and not the end buyers. Good luck!

Huh confirmed reclamation ?? Where did u get this idea from ? Dont listen to some idiots. See the following links :

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+...31-399119.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+...31-399114.html

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%...-399527/2.html

Anyway, Singapore government has made it clear that to meet the 2030 population projection, they will rely on technology to meet demand for more houses/land by building taller buildings, space underground or by reclaiming old cemeteries, and remove golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Huh confirmed reclamation ?? Where did u get this idea from ? Dont listen to some idiots. See the following links :

Anyway, Singapore government has made it clear that to meet the 2030 population projection, they will rely on technology to meet demand for more houses/land by building taller buildings, space underground or by reclaiming old cemeteries, and remove golf course.
    http://www.mnd.gov.sg/landuseplan/

There is will be land reclamation too

Before you call people offensive names

Wow, PLAB is surrounded by industrial estate.

Bros/Sis,

Per the location/control plan page 2 as attached, the row of 25 tress (which you have mentioned) along bedok rise are to be retained and from the photo, the trees are tall and will still be growing! Anyway I guess the trees are a necessary evil to provide privacy for Glades' south facing and the landed property residents

That land use plan has been around for decades...its a contingency plan. The government will try to optimise use of existing land before relamation which is an extremely expensive exercise. So my url shows whats their initial plan will be like for the next 20-30 years before they even consider reclamation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

Remove golf course

How can the rich give up their expensive hobby to make way for the peasants to live hahahaha shock, shock, shock... PAP will loose votes

Hows sales this weekend? Probably low coz buyers lured to sky vue

Quote Originally Posted by rebsi View Post
    Hows sales this weekend? Probably low coz buyers lured to sky vue
    My source is biased, yet I believe reliable.

Sales have been, and still are, poor.

However, my source says, confirmed, Keppel has removed the 2% early bird discount and there is no intention to start a mass price reduction - quite the opposite it seems. Is this yet another marketing stunt? Or the biased nature of my source? Confidence? Arrogance? Ability to hold and control the market? Desperation not to show that they got this development wrong?

Comments? Thoughts? As per my last post, I'm waiting for the market to crash but seems Keppel trying to drive prices up whilst buyers are staying away. Who will give up first? Buyers with too much cash on hand, or rich developers who will take the hit in their profit margin. This is interesting times. Anyone got a crystal ball???

However, my source says, confirmed, Keppel has removed the 2% early bird discount and there is no intention to start a mass price reduction - quite the opposite it seems. Is this yet another marketing stunt? Or the biased nature of my source? Confidence? Arrogance? Ability to hold and control the market? Desperation not to show that they got this development wrong?

Comments? Thoughts? As per my last post, I'm waiting for the market to crash but seems Keppel trying to drive prices up whilst buyers are staying away. Who will give up first? Buyers with too much cash on hand, or rich developers who will take the hit in their profit margin. This is interesting times. Anyone got a crystal ball???

Hi VI,

Why not consider those other apartments/condos alittle further away and FH too! Cheaper and can rent out immediately.

Example:
    1) tenah merah mansions
    2) Casa Flora

Staying too close to MRT is really noisy la.

These new launches are priced too premium.

I don't think market will crash.....u can keep waiting.

Anyways, if the price has gone further up then "the Glades" has become "over-priced".

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    I don't think market will crash.....u can keep waiting.

Anyways, if the price has gone further up then "the Glades" has become "over-priced".
    Crash was the wrong term, it's a bit too dramatic.

Is there an accepted definition for the word "crash?" Others have used the term "adjustment" to describe falling prices in a less dramatic way.

What I meant was, I think we are seeing caution and sense were there was previously none. There is trepidation about impending interest rate increases and the round after round of cooling measures coupled with astronomical PSF. Some posters, I think I read in other threads, have even used the words "game over" for Singapore property.

Yet there are still some unexplained mysteries:
    1. Developers buying land at record high prices.
    2. Government allowing supply to, seemingly, spiral out of control.
    3. And this was my point for The Glades, increase the price of something you can't even sell at a lower price

So, I'm specifically referring to The Glades here and not the wider market, I feel something has to give. If Keppel refuse to give in then they might be launching in 4 years time with only 20 percent sold that would be nice for those who have bought, there will be literally no one in the swimming pool